Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skies, New Home (Space Colony IC)

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default New Skies, New Home (Space Colony IC)

Entry Number 6 since arrival on our new home planet,

It's not quite been a week, but things are coming along well. Still no contact with any of the fabled super-intelligent beings that frequented stories from my childhood. Starting to doubt any existence of such beings. But even looking at a Hopper or even a pearltusk makes me think that there's still time for any creature to become that which we've only heard of until now.

We just finished setting up the colony's first food storage, we have several people skilled in hunting and foraging out looking for food to keep us going until we get a few crops going to fill that storage. Our first coal deposit was found about two miles south of us, we can use the coal there to fuel our first generators until we find a more renewable source. Maybe even a water based power generator. the river that flows nearby should have enough flow to produce enough electric power to keep us going... I should get back to work, expect another entry tomorrow, as usual.
    Signed, Nick Hellsing, colony overseer.

Closing the book with a slight sigh the man with dark hair and eyes stood up from his desk within his tent and walked back outside for his routine rounds, making sure everybody was doing their jobs. Passing various workers doing their jobs he came to a halt beside a snoozing slacker, one who already made himself named the laziest in the colony. He sat down beside the snoozer and casually said loudly "Good day for a nap, huh?" The snores abruptly stopped and the guy, Bobby, looked at him with a sheepish grin "Err, sorry sir... back to work with myself..." Nick nodded and said "Lights out is at sundown, not a moment before, you can have 3 breaks in between now and lunch to catch your breath, and two more after. other than that I don't want to see you slacking any more, got it?" Bob nodded "Understood sir..." Nick nodded and stood back up to continue his rounds as Bob got back to work.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sie watched the the overseer leave his tent on his rounds, catching bobby in the act of slacking off, Again. It wasn't a surprise anymore he was lazy but it was good fun to scare him out of his wits when she caught him, not to day though. She dashed after the overseer catching up to him quickly turning around to walk backwards beside him as he looked up at him with a grin. "What'cha doooing?" She asked of coarse knowing the answer but she always hopped for something new to pop into the conversation whenever she asked. She was eager to go out and explore with the hunters and gathers but Sif had flat out refused and threatened to throw a wrench at Nick if he said yes. Still she didn't give up hope!

Sif Wiped away some sweat from her forehead letting out a small sigh. The tools were alright and the generators were fine but it was obvious people didn't know how to pack things right to keep them from bumping around. incompetence annoyed her but she hadn't the energy to vent it at the moment as she couched back down picking up another tool and peering into the coal generator. All in all they were in working order but it was her job to take a closer look and make sure that was really the case before they got around to actually using them. It would be no good if they ended up blowing up or being damaged. She'd be damned if she let these go to waist. After that it was safe to say she had her plate full with building other alternatives and help find materials to do so.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Honestly, Nick didn't mind having something thrown at him, hell, he had worse things than wrenches thrown his way during his time in the military on Earth. Besides, he found Sif... kind of cute when she was angry. He looked down at Sif's younger sister and paused in his walk cycle, ensuring he didn't step on her. After all, he was a fairly well muscled giant of a man. Towering over most other guys at 6'8.5" "Good morning, Sienna... I'm merely doing my rounds, making sure everyone does their jobs..." he said simply, he continued walking once she was out a foot or two away from him. "How about you and what has Sif been up to, as well?" He asked, more curious on Sif than Sienna.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sie Shrugged. "Well I'm not allowed to tinker with anything so I've just been running back and forth relaying messages and tools to the different work groups! Sif's looking over the Coal generators now to make sure they all work properly before we try to use them. wouldn't want to blow one up!" She grinned up at the man. It been a blast getting to know the different people they had come with, really the first time she'd gotten to do so, She liked talking to Nick! and a few of the other men, She imagined that if she had known her father he'd be a lot like Nick since Nick was a really nice guy. Sie put her hands behind her head. "You know, I think she's been in a better mood ever since we left earth! Not that you can tell, but I can!"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

When sienna mentioned that sif was looking over the coal generators and that they wouldn't want one to blow up he couldn't help the slight chuckle that followed. "No, I suppose we don't want that to happen." He pondered for a moment and muttered, thinking out loud "I wonder if she's had a break since we landed... don't want her to exhaust herself, one of the finer engineers we have, to put it simply." He said with a slight smile. "Maybe I should buy her a coffee.. does she like coffee?" He asked, mostly himself but it was still loud enough for Sienna to hear.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sienna tipped her head to the side. "Sis is a bit of a work-o-aholic so that answer is, probably not." She said before thinking over his question as they continued to walk. "I think she drank it, Specially when he staid up late working. But she never let me have any." She shrugged. "But we both know she'd turn it down." She tipped her head at Nick thoughtfully. "Hummm."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Few people took notice, but everyone had their own way of walking. It was inherent in their weight, the pressure they put on their feet, and how they lifted and lowered their legs. Few people ever took notice, except where Tobias was concerned. When the distinctive crunch of concrete-to-gravel and gravel-to-dust was heard people scurried away, if they were wise, to their tasks. He wasn't forgiving of slackers and parasites, not when he was on duty. He was a real "he who does not work..." kind of guy. With that, he sent Bobby, who just happened to be passing by, a glare that sent the man scurrying for cover.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nick couldn't help but smile at Sienna "Then I'll just have to convince her.... and if she throws a wrench at me, I'll just catch it.... I've had grenades hurled at me back on Earth, a wrench is nothing in comparison." He chuckled. He thought for a moment and said "Why don't we take you back to Sif? She's probably somewhat out of her mind that you're not in her immediate vision." he chuckled.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Sie chuckled. "You've never seen Sif throw a wrench!" she pipped before spinning as they walked throwing her arms out. "Naw Sif's to busy with the generators, She knows I wouldn't wander off to far with out letting her know, specially if she tries to keep me busy But there's just nothing for me to do!" Sie complained. "I can't mess with the tools and I can't go out of camp!" She crossed her arms before turning back to Nick with a pout. "While your convincing her to have some coffee maybe you can talk her into letting me go out! Even just once would be fine!"

Chava set back after a thorough inspection of that generator. Wiping her brow again as she rested her elbows on her bent knees and sighed heavily. "This one's all in working order, we shouldn't have any problems with it." It was the second to last one for inspection and after this she had to go through the rest of the supplies they had and made sure they had proper tools to even mine the coal or they would have to deal with making tools the old fashioned way. And after that was sorting out the materials they needed for other systems that would need setting up. Sif rubbed the bridge of her nose as she continued to add things to her mental list of things that needed to be done. After a moment she stood, bending back slightly to pop her aching back before looking over to see Tobias making his way through the camp but she just rubbed the back of her neck with a slight grimace as she popped a few more spots in her back stretching out her cramped legs and stretching the muscles in her arms. There was still so much to do. "Where's Sie...?" she grumbled looking around.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nick smiled "Alright, then let's head to the generators and see what I can do, eh?" Nick said with a chuckle as he started to the generators. As he neared them he put his serious face back on. "Sif, you missing someone?" he called as he motioned to the girl beside him once Sif was in view. He joined his hands behind his back standing straight and said "By the way... how long have you been working for? Must be dog tired and stressed..." he pretended to think for a moment and said casually "Why don't I buy you a coffee, eh? You look like you could use a quick break." He was a charmer, you had to admit it, definitely had a way with words, it would seem.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast