Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] We Came from Outer Space [OOC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] We Came from Outer Space [OOC]

Let's take a trip back to the 50s, shall we? It's a great era in the world, save for the Korean War. "I Love Lucy" has premiered, Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzig Norgay have successfully summited Mount Everest, Stalin's dead, TV dinners have been created, and "Heartbreak Hotel" is on every radio station. But this isn't the typical 50s you and I would think about, no; it's the 50s about a century in the making. Thanks to the ingenious works of physicist Ernest Clarence, space travel has come more than 10 years in advance, and much better than it would have been without Dr. Clarence. Due to the ease of space travel, Mars was quickly colonized. This caused tensions back on Earth due to the Cold War as each superpower claimed more and more land. The United States decided, once they were finished colonizing, to focus on further space travel. NASA chose a group of able-bodied young adults to travel to LHS 1140b, a Super-Earth located in the TRAPPIST-1 solar system 39 light-years away. This is where you come in. The job of the group is to build a station and begin analyzing the planet for the ability to sustain life.

Follow or you get eaten by a space monster
    1. No godmodding (we're all humans here)
    2. Don't control other characters (if necessary, you can control NPCs, but I'll do that most of the time)
    3. If you're not going to be on for a day or more, please let us know before hand
    4. Alcohol, drugs, sex allowed but fade-to-black when it comes to that last one, and don't make it a big part of the roleplay
    5. No railroading
    6. No OOC drama (handle it in PMs or tell me in my inbox)
    7. If your sig pic is obnoxious, and I will tell you if it is, please hide it each post
    8. 2 characters max per person, TRY to keep genders balanced
    9. Have fun (;

Every person in the group will have a job. If there's a job you think would be useful not listed here, please tell me c: The jobs are:
    • Captain (1 person) - Flies the ship, leads crew
    • First mate (1) - Assists the captain, leads crew/flies ship if captain is unable
    • Navigator (2 people) - Stays in bridge, helps captain fly ship
    • Communications Officer (2) - Keep contact with Mission Control and other spacecraft
    • Mechanic (3) - Repair ship (in and out)
    • Medic (2-3) - Run evaluations, check ups, assist in medical emergencies
    • Cook (2) - Prepare meals for the crew
    • Scientist (botanist, physicist, biologist, and one other) - Come more into play once the planet is reached, collaborate with medics when necessary; botanists keep plant samples alive on ship for later experiments
    • Trainer (1) - Keeps crew in shape

The roleplay will start at Cape Canaveral in Florida where the space ship, IT-001 or "Cousin It" (we're pretending the Addams Family came out a decade earlier deal with it) as it's referred to lovingly. The small bit is the Bridge where the captain, first mate, navigators, and communications officers work. The right wing is where the cabins and cafeteria are. Each crew member has their own cabin. The left wing contains the lab, infirmary, gym with a gravity level kept to that of Earth's, and storage.

Please try to give everything asked for. Feel free to add on, though

Name:
    Nickname:
    Position: [Don't try to get one that already has the amount of people allowed]

Personality:
    Background: [Optional]
    Appearance: [No anime or just descriptions. The image[s] can be accompanied by a written description if needed.]
    Other:

• Captain - Lance Prescott [divinity]
    • First mate - 1 open
    • Navigator - 2 open
    • Communications officer - 2 open
    • Mechanic - 3 open
    • Medic - 1 open
      Carmen West [divinity]
    • Cook - 2 open
    • Scientist - 4 open
    • Trainer - 1 open

**I can and will save spots if you ask me!! First come first serve, however.**

Alright, well, I hope you all like my first roleplay on here! This roleplay is
    Last edited by divinity; 06-19-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Count me in.

Sci-Fi, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Dire Hoef Awesome! Glad to have you

Sci-Fi, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Lance Prescott
    Nickname: "Cap"
    Position: Captain

Personality: Lance is one of those guys who's destine to lead from an awfully young age. He grew up playing football in high school as well as in college, only cementing this destiny of leadership as he was the captain. In every sense of the words, he's an all-American guy. But why would someone like Lance decide to come on a journey that may last or even cost his life? Because he's sick of being the "all-American guy". Cap despises how everyone back home treated him, all he's ever truly wanted was to do something new and be with people that never knew him from before. Sadly, NASA pushed him into the captain's seat, which has put a sizable dent in his mood.
    Background: As mentioned before, Lance played college football in his home state of Georgia. He joined NASA in hopes of becoming an astronaut and rose quickly in the ranks. Not much before college in his life is incredible enough to put into words.
    Appearance: [-] Most of the time, Lance is cleanly shaved and keeps his hair styled neatly with gel.
    Other: N/A

Name: Carmen West
    Nickname: "Car" or "Caramel" as Lance calls her
    Position: Medic (specializes in trauma and cardiology)

Personality: For as long as she can remember, Carmen's been the adventurous one. While her two sisters were always inside playing dolls, she was outside in the dirt and mud looking at insects and animals. She also knew early on a career in the medical field was her dream, so when NASA recruited her to be on the IT-001 mission as a medic, she jumped at the opportunity. Carmen never seems too concerned about relationships (besides friends, of course) or her looks, easily setting her apart from many girls of the time. She takes her job very seriously, but occasionally, things can eat at her from the inside out.
    Appearance:[-] Even though NASA makes her cover them up for press meetings, Carmen loves her freckles and rarely covers them. She has pale blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Woaaah this looks awesome and super organized!!

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

Sci-Fi, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump c:

New Sci-Fi Roleplay "Climb" now open to join!

Sci-Fi, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, retiring this one for a bit

New Sci-Fi Roleplay "Climb" now open to join!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Maleaha main
    Nickname: Mal or Leaha
    Position: Medic

Personality:She is very kind and always willing to help in anyway she can. Growing up with 2 older brothers she not afraid of getting dirty. Her mom tried to get her to be more girly like wear dresses and stay inside playing dress up but she would have rather been out exploring and playing in the mud with her brothers and wearing a pair of worn out jeans and a nice but not to nice of a top. she has always loved helping people so that is why she want to study to become a medic at the age of 13.
    Background: has mentioned has two older brothers and was raised by them by the age of 12 after her mother had died. She never knew her father because he died when she was only a little over a year old.
    Appearance: https://science-2ch.net/wp-content/up...7/CnNVrhCd.jpg

Name: Jordanna hays
    Nickname: Jordan
    Position: cook

Personality: Vet sweet and caring and is often found in the kitchen at home try to come up with new recipes. Loves to put her own spin on a dish to make taste, look or even smell better.
    Background: She was raised by her older sister who was a Lawyer. when Jordanna was only 6 she lost her parents in car accident and was sent to live with her sister and her boyfriend. With her sister and her sisters boyfriend working all the time she often made dinner and cleaned the house before they got home.
    Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/529032287461347266

i hope this works i am unsure how to hide the pics but if someone can tell me how i would be more then willing to learn and i hope that you like my charcters.
    Last edited by staffona; 07-22-2017 at 09:48 PM.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Sophia Dorn
    Nickname: N/A

Position: Sophia is a Biologist specializing in the study and possible existence of extraterrestrial life

Personality: She is young and naive yet incredibly book-smart and quick to grasp new concepts. Her life really picked up speed in the last couple of years and now she is literally leaving the planet a year after leaving home

Background: Sophia was always a nerd and spent most of her childhood in her tree house deeply lost in one book or another, school was easy for her but people are not. she grew up very sheltered and without many friends, because of this she was able to graduate at an accelerated rate free of distractions, leaving her equipt with a plethora of knowledge but very little life experience

Appearance:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3e85a5ab78.jpg
    She has a very light frame and is only 5ft 1

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a heads up the pic for Jordanna links to an entire pinterest search page and not a specific image for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast