Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modern Educayshun

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

It's not elitism or fanaticism I'd say it's being mature and critical. Being upset someone is gay is not equal to being upset someone said harry potter sucks. Forms of hatred, dislike, etc, are not even remotely equal.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

To one person their sexual identity is everything to another it is simply something they live with while trying to cope with living in a world of only muggles.

Who are YOU to say what is equal to what while trying to defend a viewpoint all about what matters to YOU. No two people are the same, no two people have the exact same values. What seems trivial in one country could be important in another. What seems normal in one state could be bizarre in another. What seems mundane on the street you live on could be of vital importance three streets over.

Your trivialization of what could be important to someone else in favor of what you think matters is the very definition of elitism. The ideals that someone else should either share your views or die is the very definition of fanaticism. The stance that your committing neither while displaying the. Behavior is either arrogance or ignorance. None of these traits However are useful for seeing, and treating every one as equals.

Hell, you can think someone is a complete fruitcake and still treat them as a human being. That would actually be mature and critical.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Uh I'm me, stating my opinion. I don't see it as elite to value people's rights and identities over hatred of them. If someone comes from a country where free speech is frowned upon would you then say their opinion is just as valid that you should be censored by the state for expressing yourself?

I trivialize things that I consider worthless, hatred of others I find worthless and hurtful to society so I consider hateful ideologies negative.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    . Being upset someone is gay is not equal to being upset someone said harry potter sucks. Forms of hatred, dislike, etc, are not even remotely equal.
    Trivialization of what is not important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    Uh I'm me, stating my opinion. I don't see it as elite to value people's rights and identities over hatred of them. If someone comes from a country where free speech is frowned upon would you then say their opinion is just as valid that you should be censored by the state for expressing yourself?

I trivialize things that I consider worthless, hatred of others I find worthless and hurtful to society so I consider hateful ideologies negative.
    Your opinion has worth to YOU. It may have zero worth to your neighbor. Should your neighbor desire you to "Shut up and die?" After all your opinion is something that makes up your identity no? So if your neighbor didn't care about your opinion or agree with it that would make up his identity correct?

You trivialize things YOU consider worthless. What if someone finds something you care about worthless, would that bother you? Does their opinion matter as much as yours does? Because their opinion is part of their identity what does that mean for your opinions of their opinions?

Are you starting onto understand yet? Everyone, EVERY single poor sumbitch on this planet, has a right to their opinion and belief. No matter how dumb, selfish, hateful or cruel; As human beings they have the right to it. Just as you have a right to disagree with it. That is what the basic human rights clearly state when mentioning freedom of expression.

That leaves 2 options.

Spoiler: Option 1 

Or....

Spoiler: Option 2 

Again not raising to your bait. Simply pointing out a few simple truths.

Spoiler: P.s. 
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'm sorry where did I state that others didn't have the rights to their opinions? I can just think their opinions are shit. Yes I trivialize people who hate others because they deserve to be trivialized. Big surprise I don't like hateful people. If they grow up and stop hating others then cool. If they don't then as far as I'm concerned they can fuck off. It's pretty simple. I've understood where you're coming from the whole time I just consider you to be incredibly wrong.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

But say you have this guy who emigrated ftom that one african country where being gay is a capital offense. He has lived there for 40 years and from childhood he has had that haye speech rammed into him to the point that he hates as well.

He is not going to chanhe his beliefs, he cant it is too deep in him.

Does that make him a bad person, when he knows nothing else?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes I would consider that person a bad person if they hate and want gay people to die.

Although i would like to clarify I was very tired last night so I was a bit unfiltered, if I came off a bit aggressive.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Oh qt3.14 you can be aggressive all you want, you bad girl

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

wtf Cf

did that really need to be said

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I think the thread was getting too deep and wanted to lighten it so it doesnt ger locked

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast