Default Modern Educayshun

Jesus Christ

Spoiler: Things I like 

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I've actually seen this before when it was shared by another member. My first point would be that I highly doubt it's an accurate reflection of the current australian education system which if so would make the title something of a misnomer (if it were I certainly think this would have been reflected and commented on in other media and people would know about it). My second point would be that even if it's simply meant to depict a hyperthetical dystopia that could happen I don't think that in practice this scenario they are depicting is actually likely to actually come about.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yeah...I shared this during what I'd like to call my "edgy" phase (lol not really, but I used to like posts like this, now, not so much) Cause like...if you don't agree with the video there's like no redeeming qualities in it for other people, yknow? No one wants to be that person, the one who shares political things that make other people uncomfortable. It's just...awkward I guess

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've seen this before too, and a couple of Neel Kolhatkar's other videos on this subject as well. 'Penelope' is a fantastic actress.
    Credits to PrinceOfRedroses at https://www.rinmarugames.com/ for avatar and signature.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The one thing I feel I have to comment on is when someone made the statement that they "had the right to not be offended."

My desire here is to point out that (to my knowledge) there has yet to be a law that makes offending someone illegal. Additionally any society that has established a basic freedom of expression law, or reaches for true enough can not make such a law. They would quickly find themselves as a society with zero expression or a police state; As the majority of humanity generally find something to be offended by.

Personally I feel being offended is good for a person. It challenges them to broaden their views. Unfortunately because we put so much effort into protecting people from offense more often then not it turns out poorly for the "offender." Whether they simply sated a fact ( like when he pointed out the class seemed to have nothing to do with math) or if they tried to force their viewpoints on others. The latter of which happened to the protagonist/victim(?) in the video.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

actually, apparently from what I hve heard (have not bothered to look it up because it does not affect me) You cn get arrested for posting islamophobic stuff on social media if you live in england

- - - Updated - - -

yup, maybe https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9525/europe-illegal-criticize-islam

Spoiler: Things I like 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes I remember when this political vid made the rounds before. It is a bit unclear whether the creators simply have a very warped view of reality or were merely going so hyperbolic they hit the stratosphere. It's pretty clearly anti-progressive and very conservative propaganda born of the incorrect fear of progressive ideas and concepts.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    actually, apparently from what I hve heard (have not bothered to look it up because it does not affect me) You cn get arrested for posting islamophobic stuff on social media if you live in england
    It depends on the context. We have laws against inciting hatred against people based on their race, religion or sexuality so if it falls into that category then yes you could.

I'm afraid this story is simply false.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Now it probably would be helpful to track hate speech since that can often be a precursor for more(harassment, assault, murder, terrorism, etc). Like often people don't just out of the blue do something horrible there are usually patterns leading up to it. But that's still a different level from making offensive speech illegal.

Regarding people being offended, it depends on what they're offended by. In my book hate speech is offensive. But someone being born different is not. If someone was offended for being called a slur I'd say they have reason to be. If someone is offended because I'm trans and queer I'd tell them to go fuck off and die.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Not raising to your bait Tolvo, just pointing out that your last statement matches the behavior of the people in the video. Offense is offense, whether logical or not. Allowing one group to be offended because of they share your beliefs and not allowing another go is just a different kind of elitism/fanaticism. Can't expect to be treated equally when your attempting to dictate another's behavior.

Know what I mean?
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast