Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Start? [M] { Midori-hime && lobo }

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper thought he could see a bit of hesitation from the other man when he switched around the conversation, but he couldn't really tell what the reason for it was. Did he make Aiden nervous? Maybe this other guy was feeling the same weird, almost butterfly feeling in his gut that Jasper was feeling. Or maybe he was forcing conversation just to be a nice guy. The latter option seemed more reasonable, so that was what Jasper stuck with. This practical stranger was just being a nice guy, and giving him some time to cooperate from the scare not long ago. After today..it's not like he was ever going to see this guy again...right?

Those thoughts were pushed down as Aiden responded to his question though, and Jasper tilted his head at the boy when he mentioned being a high school dropout. Jasper felt as though maybe he should've expected that, but he also knew better than to make assumptions like that. He shrugged his shoulders slowly though, offering Aiden a small smile. "If you're happy, then I don't see the problem. But...isn't it kinda sucky having to work at a little place like this? And probably make the bare minimum of money?" Jasper couldn't help but ask. He had his fair share of part time jobs, most of which being in some sort of food industry, and he knew that it wasn't always fun and games. It also was difficult to live off that sort of income.

"I..don't mean to be rude about it. I was just curious, honestly. It seems like it would be hard, ya know? Living is more than just having a roof to stay under," Jasper whispered now, biting down on his bottom lip. He eventually shook his head, a shaky laugh falling from his lips. "I guess I should head back to the college. I've got some studying to get done," he spoke, a bit of reluctance in his tone. He didn't really want to leave the guy behind...but he knew deep down that it was for the best. If he was already feeling some sort of pull towards the man, he knew it was dangerous to keep sticking around. He didn't usually connect with people so quickly. He also hardly ever felt so...attracted to another person this fast. "Thank you again, though, for helping me. I uh..- I really appreciate it. I owe you one," he added lightly now, offering Aiden a wider smile, this time showcasing the slight dip of his dimples. He slowly moved to his feet now, lifting the snapback off his head to ruffle a hand into his hair. He wasn't sure if Aiden's offer to guide him to the campus was still there, so he lingered next to the table just in case.
    Last edited by lobo; 08-14-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Well, sure. I mean who wouldn't want to make more money and not come home covered in flour or smelling like grease every day? But… It's not like I have very many options." He replied with a small shrug. He didn't expect Jasper to understand the depth of all the shit he'd gotten himself into. After listening to Jasper continue his thought, he looked down a little. "I don't need much… I'm perfectly-" …Happy? Aiden couldn't bring himself to say that. "-fine with what I have." That's right, what else could he possibly need but a roof over his head and food in his belly? But he was curious what Jasper's definition of 'living' was. However, before he could ask, the boy's nervous laugh snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Oh, right… I shouldn't be wasting anymore of your time."He said with a small smile and quickly gathered their trash, dumping it on their way out. Aiden looked up suddenly when the other male thanked him again and he smiled. "Ah, don't mention it… I hate guys like that, thinking they are tough by beating on someone weaker than them. And then when a real challenge comes along, they go running scared-" He grumbled, ranting a bit before he glanced up at Jasper. And then his mind suddenly went blank. Oh God, the dimples were just too much. Feeling the heat rising in his cheeks, Aiden looked away suddenly and gave one last wave to the boys in the back and stepped back out onto the street with Jasper, tucking his hands in his pockets. By now the sun was nearly set and Aiden made it a priority to get Jasper out of the area before it got too dark.

Be cool, be cool… He told himself, focusing his gaze on the sidewalk ahead of them as he started down the street. It was quiet for a few long moments as he tried to think of something else to talk about. "So, are you enjoying the school year at least? I imagine it must be tough… I don't envy you." He said, glancing back at him with a smile. Though after a moment it fell a little. Seriously? Asking about his school year… I'm such a frikkin' retard! He scolded himself mentally. But he didn't want to waste these last few moments with awkward silence. As much as he'd wanted to flirt, it suddenly dawned on Aiden that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. "U-uh, b-but besides that, what do you like to do in your free time?"

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper wanted to tell Aiden that he did have more options than just this small pizzaria..but the college boy stopped himself before he could mention it. He realized that he didn't actually know the full story behind this guy's job here. He also forgot to keep in mind that Aiden was a high school dropout. There weren't actually very many options for the dropout. It made a little twinge of pity twist in his gut. For some reason he wanted to...help the boy. Whether it be by becoming his friend, or even just visiting him on occasion. He wanted to bring some sort of happiness or familiarity into Aiden's life. Or...maybe he just wanted an excuse to spend more time seeing the boy. Something about him made Jasper's heart flutter, and he didn't want the feeling to go away.

Though after Jasper had spoke about leaving, the response made his face fall, and he quickly shook his head. "No no! I didn't mean it like that. It's not a waste of my time. It's just..just late and..and I really don't want to cause any more problems," he explained quickly, his eyes a little wider now in alarm. He didn't want the boy to feel like Jasper didn't like him. Though he still followed behind the man, heading for the doors with his head ducked down shyly. He glanced up though as Aiden started to rant, his small smile gradually growing again. He breathed a little laugh now, tilting his head at Aiden. "If you don't mind me asking...how did you know those guys?" Jasper asked after a moment, shuffling a few quicker steps forward to be closer to the other man.

When the topic of his college was brought up, Jasper gave a small shrug of his shoulders. He lowered his eyes to the sidewalk now, humming a small sound of thought. "It's okay, I guess. a lot better than high school though," Jasper decided, giving a little nod of his head. He didn't hate college, not really. He enjoyed the freedoms that came along with it. But it was more challenging than high school had been. Though the people were less judgmental, and he was hoping to start making new friends pretty soon. Now as Jasper looked towards Aiden, he could see the embarrassment on the other man's face. It actually made him smile, and he gently leaned to bump his shoulder against Aiden's in an attempt to ease his nerves. "In my free time? I mostly dance. I spend practically all of my free time dancing...and studying," he admitted, his cheeks starting to turn crimson again. He didn't usually share his passion with other people. Especially not strangers. It gave them so much more room to poke fun and laugh.
    Last edited by lobo; 08-14-2017 at 07:08 AM.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aiden paused and smiled then, nodding his head. Well, he was glad that Jasper wasn't bothered by spending some time with him. And he'd be right, the food had really seemed to calm the boy's nerves. "Don't worry, no one will mess with you when I'm around." He added with a cocky smirk. "Oh, them? They're just a rival gang… They like to talk tough, but they aren't a match for us… " He explained. "I'm one of the 7 Reapers. But we aren't anything like those thug assholes. We look out for each other mostly and defend our territory." Aiden held out his arm as he spoke, showing him the tattoo there on the flat part of his right forearm. He wasn't sure he should be telling a perfect stranger all of this, but he felt that he could trust Jasper. And more than anything, he didn't want Jasper to be afraid of him. "In fact… if you're ever in need of help and you see someone with this tattoo, you can come to them. Just tell them you're a friend of Aiden's and they'll help you out." He offered with a bright smile.

Though as Jasper got to talking about school again, his smile fell a little. It seemed that he really didn't enjoy it all that much. But he supposed at the end of the day, school was still school, and Aiden always hated high school. But perhaps it would be best to avoid that subject since it seemed to put a damper on Jasper's mood. Instead he focused on Jasper's hobby which took him completely by surprise. "Dancing? Really? Like what kind of dancing… Club dancing or like Ballet, formal dancing?" He asked suddenly with wide eyes, though there was no mocking tone in his voice. He was genuinely curious. Aiden could see the blush even in the dimming light and he found himself staring.

Aiden raked a hand through his hair then, looking ahead as he waited for Jasper to explain. They were crossing over into the nicer part of town and he knew the college was only a few blocks away. He thought about stalling some how, but as much as he wanted to keep talking to Jasper, it wouldn't be fair to keep him from his studies. The guy actually had something important to do rather than go home and play some video-games until he passed out.

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper was actually oddly relieved by Aiden's first comment. He completely believed the boy, because not only had he saved Jasper from getting his ass beat, but he also was kind enough to walk him all the way back to campus. However, the relief diminished slightly when the mention of gangs was brought up. Though that was what Jasper had originally guessed, knowing that it was actually true started to wrack his nerves. He wasn't afraid of Aiden, since at this point he had no real reason to be...but he was afraid for Aiden. If anything Jasper had ever heard about when it came to gangs was true, then it seemed to him like Aiden could potentially get into a lot of trouble. He could be getting hurt, or even doing illegal things. Though that didn't change Jasper's perception of the boy, it did make his sympathy for him grow, as well as his determination to maybe...change this boy.

His eyes quickly flickered to the man's arm, seeing the Grim Reaper that he remembered seeing as he was being saved. His first instinct was to reach out to touch the tattoo, his eyes wide with curiosity again. However he stopped himself short, his hand hovering in the air over Aiden's tattoo for a brief moment before pulling it back. It was probably rude to just prod at other people's tattoos. He really didn't want to make a bigger fool out of himself in front of this guy. "Isn't that a little dangerous?" he finally asked, biting down on his bottom lip. He was beginning to feel a bit judgmental, but that wasn't at all how he was trying to be. He was just genuinely curious. It sounded to him like it was something dangerous, and if that was the case..well, he wanted to find a way to get Aiden out of it. He wasn't sure where the determination was coming from, but something made him want to hold onto this guy. Maybe return the favor by saving him.

Jasper was happy to avoid the topic of school and focus on something he enjoyed much more. It made his chest feel much less heavy, and even perked his mood back up. Though Aiden's first question about his type of dancing instantly made Jasper laugh, his hand lifting to almost hide his face and muffle the sound. "Oh no, not club dancing. I'd have to be very drunk to dance with someone at a club. Though, I'm kinda a lightweight so...if I did go to a club it wouldn't take long," Jasper spoke through a few small giggles, amusement dancing in his eyes. He hadn't ever even...been to a club before. He had never danced with a person at the club, though he was sure he could do it if he wanted. It was just a bunch of bumping and grinding. How hard could that be? "But I uh...I actually dance hip hop. I've done ballet before, because my mom thought it would be cute to surround me with all those little girls but uhm...I don't think young Jasper quite enjoyed that," he finally explained, peeking up at Aiden with another dimpled smile. He felt more comfortable sharing things when the other person looked interested in what he was saying. He felt like Aiden actually enjoyed his presence. It had been a while since he spoke so openly to another. It was really nice.
    Last edited by lobo; 08-14-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aiden's breath caught for a moment as Jasper reached out to touch him and he felt a fluttering in his stomach. But the butterflies quickly died off as the other male stopped himself and drew back. He looked away for a moment, recomposing himself. He couldn't believe he was getting so worked up over something so simple. Man, when did he get so thirsty? When Jasper asked if his life style was dangerous, he gave a little shrug. "Maybe, but it's all I have… I'd much rather be with them than on my own out here. We look out for each other."

But instead of dwelling on that, he was much more interested in hearing more about Jasper. He was amused by the idea and nudged him playfully. "That sounds like a challenge." He teased, tossing in a wink. However, he immediately regretted it, wondering if he was giving too much away. But the way he laughed and the excitement glittering in his eyes was so adorable. Aiden found himself smiling in return. Suddenly his eyes widened and his mouth fell open slightly. "Wait, seriously?! That's awesome!" He replied, smiling as he tried to imagine it. "…Man, I wish I could see that." He said quietly, suddenly sobered by the realization that he probably wouldn't ever get the chance.

"How long have you been doing that?" He asked, looking ahead again. The college wasn't far now, maybe a few more blocks. But he didn't want to say goodbye just yet. He couldn't explain it, but he was so attracted to this boy. Perhaps more than he'd ever been attracted to anyone. But as sad as it was to admit it, it was probably better if Jasper didn't get mixed up with somebody like him. It seemed like Jasper had a lot going for him and he'd only mess it up. His fingers fidgeting in his pockets, warring with himself on what he should do vs. what he really wanted to do... But finally he decided he would leave it up to Jasper and what he wanted from him.

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper was glad he decided to drop the conversation about gangs, because it seemed like it helped Aiden relax. Though he still had plenty of questions he wanted to ask..he figured they could wait until another time. He didn't want to scare the boy off so soon. He wanted to have a friend that's close to campus and..and it seemed as though Jasper had found one. Even if he may be into bad things, as long as he was kind, nothing else really mattered to Jasper. All he wanted was someone who would care about him, and treat him with the respect he did his best to treat others with. And thus far..it seemed as though Aiden suited his wants perfectly.

Though Jasper didn't usually enjoy talking about himself, he was happy to do so when it seemed like the person listening was interested. Aiden seemed to be listening, so Jasper let the conversation remain on him. He blushed another light shade of red at the thought of clubbing with Aiden, another small laugh falling from his lips. "Honestly...It wouldn't be much of a challenge. I'd actually really like to hang out with you again," the boy admitted, before he clamped his mouth shut. He realized that might sound a little odd, and more desperate than he had meant. "If..if you wanted! I'm uhm...- I think it would be cool and..and you could uh..show me around town," Jasper tried to quickly correct himself, clearly flustered now.

He started to relax again at Aiden's awe towards his dance choice though, and he nodded his head vigorously. It was a lot of fun. Dance was a wonderful way for him to destress and somewhat..let go of life for a while. Aiden's quiet words made him brighten further, the college boy bouncing slightly. "You could come watch! I practice all the time. It would be great to have someone kinda..critique, ya know? Even if you don't know dance you could still give me pointers and..." Jasper's excitement slowly drained though, his cheeks easily morphing into a bright red again. He was doing more blushing in the past hour than he had in the last month. He could practically hear the desperation in his voice. He didn't know if he just wanted a friend..or if at this point he was hoping from more from Aiden. All he knew for sure was that he wasn't ready to just say goodbye to the guy.

He was shook from his thoughts at Aiden's next question, and he smiled shyly now. "Like decent dancing I started when I was about six or seven. I was never very good until high school though," I admitted, biting down on my bottom lip. Even now Jasper was less than confident in his abilities. He knew he was relatively decent, but he also knew the harder and longer he practiced, the better he was bound to get.
    Last edited by lobo; 08-14-2017 at 07:11 AM.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That gave Aiden a pause and he gave Jasper a look of sheer bewilderment. Wait… He actually wants to hang out with me? Seriously?… "Y-yeah, sure! I know some cool places around town… A-any time you want, just let me know." He said suddenly with a new found enthusiasm. Maybe he did have a chance to get to know Jasper better after all. He felt like giving a shout but he fought to contain himself, shivering a little with the excitement. And then Jasper surprised him a second time when he offered to let him watch. Aiden gave a wide grin that threatened to open his lip again. "Yeah… I'd like that." He said sincerely, looking down at his feet with that dumb smile still on his face.

Aiden then chuckled at his next comment and glanced over at him, giving him a sideways glance. "I'm sure you're a great dancer… I can't wait to see it for myself. So you like Hip Hop music then?" He asked, continuing to walk. Though his pace had slowed down considerably. Now that they were in the nicer part of town, he figured he could take his time and stretch their walk out even if it was only just a few more minutes. Ugh, but he still couldn't tell if Jasper was just very friendly or if maybe he was into him. Maybe it was too soon to tell, but he didn't want to risk a horrible one-sided crush if he had no chance anyway. A thought kept popping up in his head, debating if he should say it or not. What if it came off the wrong way? "You know… Before when you said you weren't the type of guy who could attract girls… I don't think that's true. I think you just lack a little confidence… But other than that, you're actually very attractive."

Well, he said it… and he waited anxiously for Jasper's response. He just hoped it wouldn't make things too awkward, but then again, that would probably be a sign that Jasper didn't see him that way. Or maybe this wouldn't give him any answers at all… Despite the composed look on his face, Aiden's heart was racing, watching him closely. By now they were just down the block from the entrance to the college campus, the streets illuminated by the buzzing street lamps overhead.

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper perked up at the agreement of getting to see Aiden again. It actually made his chest feel a little lighter, and his stomach flutter in odd excitement. Maybe Aiden could help add a bit of excitement to his repetitive, boring life. Jasper turned to smile at Aiden though, even though the other was looking down. He honestly wished he wouldn't look away. Jasper wanted to see his smile. "It's a good thing I know where to find you, huh? That way we aren't running around trying to hunt the other down," Jasper pointed out, grinning over at the boy now. He was relieved that his request of them hanging out didn't scare Aiden off. He was glad that the other agreed and seemed...happy that they would be seeing more of each other. Maybe this wasn't as one sided as he had briefly thought.

Jasper blushed at Aiden's confidence, his eyes lowering again sheepishly. He watched his shoes for a bit before nodding his head. "I love hip hop. But I also love old rock songs and sometimes just...honestly anything. Music is wonderful, no matter the genre," he admitted, peeking at Aiden with another smile. He noticed their original pace start to slow, but he didn't mind it. He was glad for the extra time with Aiden. Jasper even started to hover a bit closer to Aiden, his shoulder nearly brushing the others. He let the silence flood in after that, his eyes peeking around to take in their surroundings. He knew he probably should've payed a bit more attention to where he was going...but he had been too distracted with Aiden to actually focus on his surroundings. He figured he could make it back to the pizzaria though. He would figure it out if it meant getting back to Aiden.

Jasper glanced back towards Aiden as he started to speak, a little smile twitching onto his lips at first. It was nice of Aiden to have the confidence in him...but his smile faltered by the end of Aiden's words. He actually tripped over his own feet when he processed the words, which happened to cause him to bump into and lean on Aiden. "I-I..what? I'm..- O-oh! Oh well, I uhm.." the college boy tripped on his words, one of his hands grasping onto Aiden's arm to help steady him. Had he really just been called attractive? By a person who Jasper thought was ten times more attractive? "I-I mean thanks! Thank you. I uhm..- You're actually uh..- You're pretty attractive yourself, I mean. I hope that's not weird to you. I just..- I'm rambling, huh?" Jasper started to babble, his nerves getting the best of him. He couldn't believe that just happened. He couldn't believe someone found him attractive. Let alone someone that he found just as good looking.
    Last edited by lobo; 08-14-2017 at 07:12 AM.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jasper's reaction was definitely not what he was expecting and he was caught off guard as the other male tripped suddenly, practically falling into him. He was quick to catch him, holding him by his arms to steady him, and continued to hold onto him. His reaction wasn't what he was expecting… No, it was much better than he could have even imagined. Jasper thanked him and admitted that he found Aiden attractive as well. Those butterflies in his stomach came back with a vengeance then. He couldn't believe it, just staring at the other male for a long moment before he gave him a bright smile. "Heh, no, it's not weird at all… W-well it is, for anyone to say that about me but-" He also caught himself rambling and finally drew back with a blush on his cheeks. "What I mean is.. uh-…Thanks." He said simply, running a hand through his hair anxiously, looking away for a moment.

They walked to the entrance of the campus and stopped there where they would have to part ways. "Oh!" He said suddenly, just remembering what Jasper had said earlier. "Do you have a pen and paper or something?" He didn't want the boy to come wandering into the pizza shop unannounced, in case he wasn't there, so he tried to think of a better meeting place. "You know that gas station we passed a few blocks back, with the mini-mart? That's probably a better place to meet up." He said and took whatever Jasper gave him to write with. He scribbled down two numbers messily and handed the pen back. "This first one is my number, and then the number for the pizzeria. Call me whenever you want… O-or text is fine." He said and handed him the paper then, his fingers brushing against Jasper's subtly, though one couldn't be sure if it was on purpose or not.

With a heavy sigh, Aiden looked over at the college looming just beyond the stone walls of the courtyard. "Well…This is it, huh? Well, I'm glad we 'bumped' into each other today." He said with a wink. His smile fell then, running out of ways to stall. "I'll be looking forward to hanging out with you soon… H-have a good night." Aiden said, rubbing the back of his neck, feeling awkward. What now? Did he just say bye and walk away? Maybe he'd just wait until Jasper started towards his dorm first and then he could slip away.
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 07-03-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast