Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 37383940 LastLast

Thread: A New Start? [M] { Midori-hime && lobo }

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Seeing Aiden push back the guy that had leaned down close to Jasper's face, the college boy quickly reached out to latch onto the angry's boys arm. "A-Aiden, please, don't..." he begged, clutching onto Aiden's arm as tightly as he could manage without hurting him. He could feel his heart starting to beat faster, and his breaths becoming more difficult to take. He had memories of this sort of thing happening before, but never had he had someone stand between him and the bullies saying such harsh words. Yet... it only seemed to make him feel worse. Aiden was going to do something, and whatever resulted was going to be Jasper's fault, according to Jasper.

By the time he zoned back in on the situation, a new hand was gasping his arm and pulling him away from his safety net. "Wh-what? Emma, no!" he tried to yell, to sound stern, but the words were hardly loud enough to be heard over the voices of those who had started to gather around. He pulled against her grip, however, frantically looking back in Aiden's direction. "Aiden! Aiden, stop! Emma, let go of me!" he finally managed to croak out the words loud enough to be heard, but he didn't think the other boy was paying enough attention to catch them. He struggled against the girl's hold, trying as hard as he could to grab Aiden again.

That was when he sickening sound of a fist against a face seemed to echo despite the noise in the room, and Jasper's hands immediately lifted to press against his ears so he could hear no more. It seemed that the punch lead to complete chaos, and Jasper finally reached out to grasp onto Emma so he wouldn't lose the girl within the crowd. A stray elbow, probably belonging to an excited, innocent party-goer, connected with Jasper's cheekbone as he tried to weave around then, causing a soft yelp to slip from his lips. He just wanted to go home. To pretend like none of this happened. And he wanted Aiden there to do it with him.

"Em-Emma... Emma please..." he sputtered out now, feeling bodies bumping and pushing against him as the kind girl tried to guide him out of the mess. The room had become blurry, and the boy realized then that he was crying. Sobbing. He could hear the yelling behind them, and the awful sound of fists connecting with body parts. Aiden was in that brawl, and there was nothing he could do about it. "Aiden is...- We have to go back to get A-Aiden," he hiccuped, pulling feebly on the girl. He thought he could hear sirens in the distance, gradually growing closer, but a part of him thought it was only his imagination. Maybe all of this was a dream, and he would wake up in bed with Aiden at his side.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Despite Jasper's protests, when it came to fists flying, Emma dragged him out of the way, not wanting either of them to get in the middle of it. She stopped only when she heard Jasper yelp. "Oh shit! Are you okay?" She asked over the crowd and the blaring music. Hearing Jasper pleading with her, the blonde frowned, looking back to Aiden and the others. It broke her heart to see him sobbing and she could understand how he felt. "A-alright... Yeah, come on. Let's get outta here." She said, trying to figure out how to get back to them.

Admist the brawl, some of the other party goers finally managed to pry the two apart, two men holding chris back who struggled a bit as if he might go after Aiden again. Aiden on the other hand, had settled and stepped back to wipe the blood from his face. The front of his white shirt was splattered with it. He then glanced Jasper's way, to make sure he was alright. But when he saw his beautiful boyfriend in tears, he felt a horrible sinking feeling in his gut that hit him worse than any punch. He knew... just knew, that he was the cause of Jasper's tears. The bullies might have upset him, but Aiden realized he'd only made things worse... not better for him.

"Oh shit! The campus police are here!" Someone then shouted over the crowd. Immediately it was a mad rush for the underage students to scatter and make for the back door. Emma saw her chance, darting past the choas with Jasper in tow to grab onto Aiden's arm. "Come on... We gotta get you out of here." Emma glanced to Aiden before slipping with them out the back door. "Come on... You can come to my place." She said, running with them through the yard towards the street. Once they were on the sidewalk, they slowed a little. "Emma, can you take Jasper to your place tonight?... I-I'll be fine." He muttered then, unable to look at Jasper's face right now. He couldn't bare the sight of the boy's tear stained face, knowing he had ruined a perfect evening. Aiden couldn't help but feel like perhaps they needed some time apart. Like right now he would only make Jasper more upset.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

As soon as Emma agreed to go back for Aiden, Jasper started to pull her back in the direction they had come from. He forgot that she had asked if he was alright, more focused on getting them back over to his boyfriend. He knew the damage done to Aiden wasn't going to be pretty and he planned to prepare himself for the sight as he made his way back. That is, until he heard someone shout about the cops, and all hell seemed to break loose. His determined steps toward Aiden halted and he automatically latched himself onto Emma so he wouldn't get dragged away by the crowd. He could barely see through the hot tears spilling from his eyes, so he counted on his new friend to guide him back to Aiden.

He hardly noticed when they made it back to Aiden, too focused on keeping up with Emma and not losing his footing. He didn't look up from his shoes until they made it outside, then his eyes were darting up towards Aiden's face. The sight of the blood made his stomach turn over on itself, and a fresh batch of tears started down his cheeks. "Oh Aiden..." he croaked quietly, lifting a hand to reach out towards the boy's cheek. However, he didn't get a chance to touch the other as Aiden's words hit his ears. He was stunned and confused... and hurt. Maybe Aiden was blaming him for all of this... and maybe he had a right to do so.

"What?" Jasper finally found himself whispering, his hand falling limply to his side. His eyebrows furrowed a bit, and he had to bite down on his bottom lip to keep it from quivering. "After all of that, you...you're just going to send me away?" he asked, his voice cracking due to the lump forming in his throat. He was...angry. "I tried to tell you not to get involved, but you didn't listen to me! An-And now you're going to punish me because you couldn't control your temper?!" his voice started to rise now, but it was broken and lacking the bite that he was hoping for. Too many emotions were starting to build up in the sensitive young man and his hand shook as he reached out to gently grab onto Emma again.

He held the girl's hand rather tightly, attempting to hold back another set of tears. "When you're ready to apologize, you know where to find me," his voice fell back to a whisper now, and he pulled on Emma's hand to try to walk away. He wanted to be concerned for Aiden, to take care of him, but the pain in his chest was too strong. "Please... Let's go, Emma," he whimpered, ready to walk away from this horrific night.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hearing Jasper say his name in that tone made his stomach twist into knots and he chanced a glance up into his eyes only for a brief moment before they flickered down at his feet again. "I'm fine..." He muttered, brushing away his concern. Just like he always did. He didn't need anyone fussing over him, least of all Jasper... He was the one who was supposed to look after him, and yet it seemed like all he did was fuck up royally. Oh, but it wouldn't end there...

Hearing the change in Jasper's tone drew Aiden's attention once again and as hard as it was, he finally managed to meet his boyfriend's eyes, only to find that Jasper was now scowling at him. Aiden's own eyes widened, his lips falling open a bit. "N-no, Jasper-... That's not what I-" He stumbled over his words before Jasper continued to chew him out. "I-I'm not punishing you-" He started to say before Jasper called him out for losing his temper. He flinched, as if the other boy had just slapped him across the face, frozen and stunned and the truth of it really started to sink in.

Emma was quiet through the entire lover's spat, keeping an eye out for any authority figures while she tried to stay out of thier business. Though as Jasper reached for her, she was right there to take his hand. She liked Jasper and didn't seem to mind being dragged into the middle of this. She could see he was struggling to keep a handle on his emotions, but she didn't know how much longer Jasper could keep himself composed before he broke down. Emma moved with him, leading him down the sidewalk towards her apartment, but threw one more glance back towards his battered boyfriend.

Aiden just stood there for a moment, staring at Jasper's back as he walked away from him. With a hard swallow, Aiden then suddenly turned away, stalking off down the street. He reached the corner and stopped, hanging his head before he threw his fist out against a brick wall. "Fuck!!" The cry was a mixture of mental and physical pain, as he busted his knuckles open right then. But he deserved this pain, he told himself, walking the long way home. Part of him wanted to run back to Jasper, to drop down on his knees and beg for his forgiveness. He'd only wanted to protect him, and yet all he did was end up hurting the one he loved the most... Finally he reasoned with himself that it was probably best if Jasper didn't see him for a little while. Though he feared that Jasper would come to his senses and realize how he was better off without Aiden. As true as he felt that might be, he didn't want to lose him like this.

Emma took Jasper over to her apartment quickly, thankful that her roommates were still out for the night. "You want some water?" She asked as she flicked on the lights to the common living room and then lead him to the kitchen. Handing him a water bottle from the fridge. "Woo, well... That was definitely one of the more exciting parties I've been to." She joked a little, trying to lighten the mood. Emma then pulled out a chair for him and then sat down herself. "Are you okay... You didn't get hurt at all did you?" She asked, looking him over. She didn't want to pressure him into talking about it if he didn't want to, but she hoped he might.

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Forcing his feet to continue forward, Jasper didn't allow himself a glance back at Aiden as Emma began to lead him away. He knew that the moment he looked back, the anger inside of him would dissipate and he would go back to Aiden and apologize. An apologize was possibly the best way to mend the situation, but he didn't believe it needed to come from his end. No matter how much guilt he felt, he knew that it wasn't his fault Aiden got into the fight.

Jasper managed to hold it together as they reached Emma's apartment, not wanting to look a mess in case there were other people inside. It seemed the place was empty, however, and he was relieved. "Y-yes, please," he almost forgot to respond to Emma's question, a bit lost in thought as his mind replayed the night's events. He took the water bottle with a small 'thank you,' then uncapped it and took a long swig. He seemed to not really hear her attempt to lighten the mood, and his gaze lingered on the empty seat for a few moments. What was Aiden doing now? Was he safe, wherever he went? What if something happened to him because Jasper turned his back on him?

"I'm...going to use the restroom. Is it this one here?" the boy finally spoke, glancing briefly at Emma before he started walking towards the door he assumed to be the bathroom. He slipped into the room and closed the door behind him, resting his back against the wood. Slowly sinking to the tiled floor, a sob broke free from his lips and the fresh waterfall of tears finally started to spill from his eyes. He attempted to muffle the sounds with the fabric of his shirt, wishing he could go back in time and change his decision to go to the party. He just wanted Aiden back.

He remained in the bathroom for a few minutes, until he managed to compose himself again. He splashed a bit of water onto his face, took a few deep breaths, then walked out of the bathroom and back into the kitchen. "Thank you... You've done a lot for me tonight and I really appreciate it," he murmured as he sat down in the chair she had pulled out for him, taking another small sip from his water. A light bruise was starting to appear on his cheek from where he was elbowed, but aside from that, he was physically unharmed. He clammed up after thanking the girl though, feeling guilty for dragging her into this whole situation.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Y-yeah... It's right over- Yep, that's it." She directed him as he was already wandering away in search of the bathroom. She sighed as she waited for him as she could probably guess why he needed a moment. She had no clue how to help, but she knew she wanted to.

A warm smile spread across her face as he returned. She had taken off her costume accessories and they were on laying on the table. "It's okay... Don't worry about it." She said before noticing the bruise. "Oh, here!" Emma suddenly went to the fridge and put a few ice cubes in a paper towel before handing them over. "Hold that on it." She said, pointing to her own cheek where Jasper's bruise was.

It was quiet for a moment before Emma sighed. "Look... I know it's none of my business. And I definitely don't excuse your boyfriend for starting that brawl. I don't know if this is a common thing, but if so, he really has to watch himself... Or he's gonna get into some serious trouble one of these days." Emma peeked up at him, tilting her head a little. "But... I have to admit, that was pretty bad ass." She said with a small, wary smile. Perhaps Jasper didn't want to hear any of this, but she didn't want to see him just dwelling on it in silence.

"Chris can be a real douche bag, especially when he's drunk, so it was kind of satisfying to see him get put in his place a bit..." She smiled to herself then before looking to Jasper again, gently putting a hand on his arm. "And I mean, Aiden obviously really cares about you. I agree, that might not have been the best way to show it... But you know, it's kind of flattering to have someone who's willing to literally fight for you." Emma then dropped her hand away, running it through her short curls. "Ahh, I realize I'm probably not helping, and I don't even really know you guys that well. But I'd like to..." She added, looking up at him softly.

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper was a bit confused as Emma hopped up from her spot at the table and he watched as she filled up a towel with ice cubes. He took the ice pack, finally understanding what it was meant for, then placed it against his cheek gently. It made him wonder if Aiden had gotten some ice packs, or anything at all, to take care of his wounds. He had his doubts and it made him wish he was with Aiden to take care of him properly...even if he was angry when doing so. At least then he would know the other boy would have his wounds treated, instead of just leaving them to get worse or infected...

He was pulled from his thoughts once again as he heard Emma spoke, focusing his attention on the girl rather than the regret he was beginning the feel. It actually helped hearing her opinion on the situation, since he wasn’t able to determine on his own if his reaction to the fight was reasonable or not. So, he remained silent as the girl spoke, taking the time to listen and understand what she had to say.

It wasn’t until she finished speaking that Jasper cracked a little smile, lowering his gaze to the table as a soft chuckle escaped him. “Thank you, Emma,” he started, looking back up at the girl in order to smile across the table at her. “I do understand what you’re saying, and of course I agree wholeheartedly. I just...- I’m going to explain why I think I reacted the way I did and if it seems like too much information just stop me, okay?” he continued, wanting to get a few things off his chest. He didn’t normally have a person that was willing to hear what he had to say, and he thought it would be nice to talk to someone about Aiden. “I trust you, is all. And...and it might be nice to talk about it with someone, right?”

The boy fell silent for a moment again, uncapping his water and taking another drink before he began to speak. “Chris deserved what he got. Even I wanted to slug him in the nose for what he was saying, but violence makes me very...very uncomfortable,” he murmured, lifting his free hand to slide it through his greasy, still slicked back hair. “And Aiden... He’s one of the sweetest guys you’ll ever meet. Bu-but violence and fighting is just...just his defense mechanism. It’s the first thing he goes to in a situation like that and...and I just don’t want him to think that’s okay. Like you said, he’ll get himself into big trouble one day and I can’t let him get into that kind of trouble...” he trailed off as his voice began to break, taking a moment to compose himself again.

He wanted to go find Aiden. To apologize for his reaction, since he should be more understanding of Aiden. Jasper knew that past experiences caused Aiden to always be attack before being attacked and it now seemed unfair that Jasper took the route of anger rather than understanding. “I think I need to go find him,” he said suddenly, standing up from the table with a new determination. “Will you help me?” he added, pulling his phone free from his pocket to dial up Aiden’s number. His anger had subsided a bit and now he felt an odd need to find Aiden urgently.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Emma's eyes widened slightly but then she nodded. "Of course... you can tell me anything. I promise it'll just be between us." She reassured him, but it made her happy to hear Jasper trusted her, even if this was thier first real interaction. And it had been a bit of a jarring night on top of that. She then waited patiently and listened to what Jasper had had to say. She simply nodded in agreement and thought she barely knew anything about the pair, it did concern her to learn that Aiden often turned to violence. She could imagine there must be a reason for that, but it wasn't her place to ask.

A small frown pulled at her lips as she noticed Jasper's voice break. "I'll help you however I can." She offered. She was caught by surprise by Jasper's sudden conclusion, but then nodded. "Sure... Let me just change really quick, okay?" She said, knowing they could cover more ground if she wasn't prancing around in heels. And a flapper dress. Besides, it would give Jasper a moment to speak with his boyfriend in private. She ran up the stairs to her room, finding something warm and more comfortable to throw on.

Meanwhile, Aiden stood outside his apartment, finishing up his third cigarette since he'd stopped at the gas station. He let out a final puff of smoke before tossing it on the ground and stomping it out with his boot. Unfortunately, it just wasn't doing anything for his nerves. He sighed as he headed inside, slowly trudging upstairs to his apartment. He looked around the dark room dismally before throwing his jacket on the bed and heading into the bathroom. He looked over his face, his nose bleeding down to his chin which was smeared several times on the back of his hand, and the split skin on his cheekbone which was slowly starting to bruise as well. But none of that bothered him. What bothered him was what Jasper must think of him now, seeing him like this.

Running some water, Aiden wet down a cloth and started to clean his face. He wanted to apologize to Jasper, but he didn't even know what to say for himself. On one hand, he wasn't at all sorry for beating that son of a bitch for the shit he said, and for making Jasper cry. But in reality, he was the one who caused Jasper more tears and ruined their night together. He doubt Jasper would want to talk to him tonight... Or maybe he was finally done with him all together? The thought made his heart drop down into his stomach. "In the end... I still turned out to be a piece of shit like my father..." He muttered to himself, leaning over the sink and hanging his head. He felt utterly miserable and finally decided, fuck it and pulled a bottle from the cabinet. However, before he could open it, he heard his phone buzzing.

He blinked, almost deciding to ignore it, except for that little hope in his heart. And when he saw Jasper's name displayed on the screen, his eyes widened. Did Jasper actually want to talk to him... or was he just calling to break up? He was hesitant, but finally answered before it rang too many times, remembering his promise. "Jasper?" He asked quietly, holding his breath to see which one it was.

All?
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Jasper could not put into words how much he appreciated Emma. The girl was a godsend and he would have to remember to repay her for this sometime. "Yes, okay. Thank you, Emma," he murmured softly, watching her get up from the table before pressing the button on his phone to call Aiden. It seemed that what Emma had said caused the anger he was felt to subside and allowed him to think more rationally about the situation. What Aiden had done was wrong, but he did it to protect him. It occurred to him that his anger might not have been directed at Aiden specifically, but at the guy that insulted him... Except he took the anger out on his precious boyfriend, rather than the asshole at the party.

A breath of relief slipped from his lips as he heard Aiden's voice on the other end of the phone and he could feel a fresh batch of tears begin to blur his vision. "Hi, Teddy Bear," he murmured softly into the phone, feeling some of the tension in his shoulders release. He had been afraid that Aiden wouldn't answer. It would be much more difficult to find him if he had not, so Jasper was able to relax now that he knew his boyfriend was alright.

"It...It was very wrong for me to talk to you that way. I-I wasn't really mad at you I just...just..- Please tell me you're ok-kay," the hot tears had started to spill down his cheeks once again and his rapid words were barely audible through his hiccuped sobs. There had seemed to be a switch that flipped in the boy's mind, and now he could only think about the words that Chris had said. "Y-You should be here wih-with us now but I sent you away an-and, Aiden, I didn't m-mean to do that! I want you here, too, pl-ease," he babbled on, feeling the pieces of himself that he so delicately glued together these last few years begin to chip away.

He wanted the comfort of Aiden's strong, warm embrace. He wanted to tend to the boy's wounds, so maybe he could feel a little less useless. It had been so long since he had words spat at him like that and old, unpleasant memories were beginning to resurface.
    -- lobo

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hearing Jasper's voice, calling him by his nickname made him suck in a shuttered breath. There was a long pause as Aiden tried to come up with the words he wanted to say to Jasper. However, before he could speak, he heard Jasper on the other end apologizing frantically. He felt his chest tighten, hearing his sweet boyfriend's tears through the phone. "N-no, no, Jasper!... It's okay! It's not your fault... I-" He started but then paused, cringing inwardly as Jasper felt the need to apologize for what happened, when it was never his fault to begin with. "I'm fine-" He muttered between Jasper's frantic words. Aiden left the bathroom and slumped against his wall, squeezing his eyes shut against the pain in his chest.

"N-no... I'm not fine. I need you Jasper. I want you with me too... whatever I gotta do to make that happen. I'm so sorry... for what I d-did. I dunno w-what-" Aiden pressed his fingers against his eyes, his breath hitching. "Where are you?... I'm coming," He said, pulling himself away from the wall and quickly picking his coat up from where he'd tossed it.

Emma would come trotting down the stairs to join Jasper once again, this time in a flannel shirt and some jeans that were torn at the knees. She paused though, surprised and saddened to see him in tears again. However, it didn't seem as though thier conversation had taken a bad turn and she hoped for the best. She didn't want to eavesdrop any longer though and slowly peeked around to get Jasper's attention, just so that he knew she was there and ready... depending on what sort of direction thier conversation was headed in.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 37383940 LastLast