Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] OOC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default [M] OOC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Global warming has finally taken it's toll on the world. For many years people believed climate change was only a hoax meant to control industry through regulations. Scientists tried as hard as they could to prevent climate change but they lost to business and economics. In the end the mighty dollar won out and that was our downfall. By the time people realized global warming and climate change weren't a hoax it was too late. The world was already ruined. The world governments created refugee camps to try and help the people but it wasn't enough. It was the corporations that damned us but in a way it was the corporations that save us. Around the world they created biodomes where inside people are protected from the harshness of the outside world. While there were some corporations large enough to completely finance their own domes most had to form together to make conglomerations create their biodomes. Those lucky enough to be granted a place in the domes survived while those left in the refugee camps didn't. Not just anyone was allowed inside the domes only those with the most cash or usable skills were given a spot.

It has been several generations since the creation of the domes and the outside world has not improved. Travel between domes isn't impossible but it is very difficult, generally people don't move from dome to dome though there is trade between them. What one dome is lacking is often supplied by another, at a cost of course.

In the far north in what used to be the state of Alaska one of the few arctic domes. Not many can survive in the extreme cold but the people of Fairbanks were a strong and hardy people with many of them having served in the former United States military. After the collapse of the government people began fending for themselves and it was those in the domes that lived.

The Fairbanks dome is known for being one of the largest producers of clean water. Ice is in no short supply around the dome as most of Alaska is a frozen tundra. Mining of ice and transporting it dry and barren south is the lifeblood of the dome.

There originally were four corporations that started the Fairbanks dome, Onyx Technologies, Diamond Enterprises, Jubilee Productions and [insert your company]. Onyx Technologies and Diamond Enterprises merged to create one company finding they were stronger together rather than apart. Jubilee Productions unfortunately was the first to fall due to poor management leaving only two corporations in the domes.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Spoiler: Map 

I left the last corporation for you to design however you want.

Name:
    Appearance:
    Corporate Status:
    Skills:
    Special Qualities:
    Personality:
    History:

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sweet ill get to work on it right away!
    made by the lovely karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Spoiler: Characters 

Spoiler: Family Tree 

Spoiler: Alessia's Agents 

~~~~~Edit~~~~~~

Added more characters, family tree, and other additions.
    Last edited by Numbers; 08-30-2017 at 05:58 AM.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Name: Helena Oliver
    Spoiler: Appearance: 
    Corporate Status: Former Exile / Conscript Attendant
    Skills: Marksmenship, sword play, hand to hand combat
    Special Qualities: Street smarts, strength, intelligence
    Personality: Helena has a quiet cool charm to her, she isn't the life of the party but has something that attracts people to her. Usually she isn't very outspoken and keeps to herself but she has a big heart and has never been able to sit by while others suffered. She tends to do little unnoticeable things to help others not wanting to draw attention to herself but rather just help those in need. But as time went on and she found herself deeper into the corporate world she saw more and more of the injustices between the different classes. For many years she tried to suppress her desire to do something about it, especially while serving in the Aeroff Defense Forces but it eventually took its toll on her and she couldn't stand by anymore.

History: Born in the Fairbanks slums, Helena was orphaned at a young age. She was only two when her mother succumbed to sickness that spread through the slums. Her father tried his best to raise her but was often working outside the dome in the ice mines for Onyx Diamond Technologies. When she was around six years old there was a accident at the mines and entire work crew was killed, her father was a member of the crew. Helena found herself a ward of the dome meaning she ended up in one of the many orphanages in the slums. She wasn't there very long only about two years, during a round of standardized testing conducted in the orphanages she showed the necessary aptitude of a soldier and was recruited by the Aeroff Defense Forces. She moved into one of their youth barracks where she spent much of her time in various studies. Aside from basic schooling she was taught to use weapons, hand to hand combat, and military tactics.

At the age of fourteen she was granted a commission as a first lieutenant and given her first posting. Helena worked outside the domes ensuring the safety of the ice mining operations. She spent several years working around the mines before she drew the attention of her superiors and was transferred back into the dome and assigned a post in the elite guard around the age of eighteen. Initially she had been assigned to guard several of the council members moving from the lowest of them to the highest of them, reaching the rank of major. While in service she became more aware at how lavish of lives the corporate members lived while people in the slums had very little or nothing at all. She bit her tongue for sometime but finally it became more than she could bare. She became more outspoken about it and soon found herself in contact with a resistance group that wanted to over throw the corporations.

It was her vocalization about the injustices that was her downfall. Word spread of her opinions that were quite unpopular with the corporate crowds. She was arrested and grounds of causing dissent in the dome. As it was the corporations had a very tense hold over the people. She was tried and convicted, her punishment was to be forced out of the dome. A punishment that might as well of been a death sentence. Helena was lucky and several of her contacts in the resistance group got word to a group outside the dome that had set up a camp in an abandoned Jubilee ice mine and she was picked up by them.

For several more years she worked and with the outside resistance group and was finally selected for a mission to reenter the dome to carry out an assassination attempt on the CEO of Aeroff R&D. Using a forgotten about back door into the dome Helena set herself up to take out the CEO, she smuggled in a outlawed rifle to commit the act and camped out in some scaffolding outside the Aeroff head quarters waiting for the CEO. Unfortunately for her the scaffolding was old and hadn't been serviced for sometime. When the CEO finally came in her sights it started to buckle causing her to miss the CEO instead hitting a council member right before it finally collapsed and she fell to the ground.

When she awoke several days later she had a splitting headache and a strange feeling on her left temple. Rather than be exiled again or executed Helena had been turned over to the R&D section to be tested upon. They implanted a device in her left temple that hijacked control of her actions. With it they were able to program her to work for them. She is has autonomy but it is strictly regulated, she has been bound to Alessia Aeroff and forced to act as a body guard for her. The device prevents her from causing any harm to Aeroff R&D assets and she cannot resist orders from Alessia without feeling great pain that would eventually kill her unless she complies.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sweet! so do we want to start with her being introduced to my character as her new guard/lacky/agent/thing xD
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

That is what I was thinking, I was going start it with her waking up with the implant and going from there.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sounds good to me!
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I've got to play catch up on a few other games before I can work on the IC. Unless you want to start it off with Alessia's reaction of being assigned a new guard/lacky/agent/thing lol!

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sure I can work on that since I'm just playing some total war right now ^^
    made by the lovely karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Here's the thread for you Let me know if you want me to change anything!

https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...54#post2920154
    made by the lovely karma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast