Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia simply watched her new assistant for a moment before speaking up. "Now I know that you are going to resist every time I give you an order which in turn will extremely delay the execution of my plans. So I am prepared to hear out something that you may want. Anytime I give you a specific mission I will allow you to request something and I will consider a way to grant you that request. If I find no way then I will propose a counter offer. Of course if I find that no deal will be made then I will just have to give you the order over and over again until finally the pain is enough to the point where you finally cave in. So I'm sure with that in mind you will gladly try to at least make some deal, even if it is for a minor thing like getting a child from the slums adopted by a kind family who works for the corporation in a fine area so that the child has an okay life." Alessia said with a smile as she leaned back in her chair and put one leg over the other.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Do you really think trading one life for lives of countless others is compassionate and merciful?” Helena said, stopping in her pacing and looking at the other woman. Could she even hear what she was saying? “Corporate educations must not be what I thought they were. I believe the words you are looking for are callous and merciless. Seriously how can you justify that? Damn this chip in my head. I will not make that deal and I will not follow an order like that. As I said before I rather die.”

When she accepted this mission Helena never believed it would turn out like this. She had known that it was likely that she wouldn't survive and had prepared herself for it. The cause was too great. Yes, she knew the irony of killing the CEO compared to Alessia's plans but it wasn't the same. The Aeroff CEO was far from innocent unlike the people Alessia was after. She was willing to die for the cause and would die before harming it. Helena drew the dagger Alessia had given her and pressed it firmly to her wrist. She didn't mean it as a threat, her intention really was to slit her own wrist but when she tried she found that she was unable to finish the action.

Technically she was an Aeroff asset and the implant prevented her from harming Aeroff assets...

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia smiled. "I told you. You can't harm Aeroff Assets. That includes you. Of course, I wonder what would happen if I ordered you to injure yourself, would you be in a constant state of pain for disobeying the order due to your programming? Either you would hurt yourself in the way I want which is torture or the order would cause pain since you couldn't follow it, which is also amusing." She said with a slight laugh as she put her hand over her mouth for it. She sighed afterward and got up from her chair, walking over to Helena.

She put a hand on Helena's cheek for a moment as she looked at her face. "You will help us no matter what. I was simply being nice and giving you the chance to possibly save a life here and there as a reward for obeying the order that you will have to obey anyway. However, if you're keen that you don't need a reward, that you are fine with killing who I say and not saving some child that is fine too. Means more children to work in the water mines for diamond. More children to die to population control. I hear the Diamonds are getting ready to remove the age limit on working a job. I wonder how many kids will take advantage of that to bring in some extra cash. Too bad, they'll die in some accident like your father though." She said with a smile before taking her hand off of Helena's face.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

At Alessia's touch she pulled away not wanting anything to do with the other woman. “You are heartless.” Helena said, turning away from her and walking to a large window on the edge of the office. She looked out the window, the view was of one of the corporate sectors. Looking down on a courtyard wedged in between the large buildings. It was amazing to see the differences in the different sectors. While all the sectors had tall buildings, meant to house as many people in the dome as possible the quality of those buildings varied. In the corporate sectors they looked much like those outside this window, though this was one of the more elaborate areas.

Still even in the poor areas of the corporate sectors it was a paradise compared to the slums. Whose buildings were old and poorly maintained with far too many people packed into them. Even the corporate sectors looked different, the sectors in Aeroff control tended to have a beauty to them, always incorporating some kind of art into it. While Onyx Diamond sectors looked more utilitarian look to them, every part of them functional. She turned back to Alessia realizing there wasn't anything she could do, she was stuck in this life and forced to do Alessia's bidding. She didn't think she could get the other woman to ever see how wrong she was.
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 07-29-2017 at 08:48 AM.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia sort of waved her hand lightly, like she was waving off the comment about being heartless. "You think I am heartless but you no little of the game. Politics, Inter-company relations, and even relations between this cities and others. Give and take deals, ultimatums, sacrifices, gifts. The game is a complicated one, there's no room for mercy, its a weakness in this line of work, our line of work." She said smiling at Alessia. "Your old life is over, and your new live is now beginning. You can resist it as much as you want, it's quite entertaining. However... You will do as I say, even if I have to tell the doctors to increase the pain or completely erase your free will." She said with a sly smile before walking to her desk and grabbing some new papers off of it.

She then walked back to Helena. "As I said before, the first step is to assure that I stay in charge, which means making it so that my brother is out of the competition. Now I don't want him dead, nor that you would be allowed to kill him anyways, unless I gave you a direct order that is." She said with an almost evil looking smile. "However, he is family and while he may be an incapable leader and slum friendly, he does have some uses. Connections. However a leader does need to be able to show that they won't cave into the demands of terrorists." She held out the paper for Helena. On it was the details of her brother's family schedule and a picture of his young daughter who was only 5. "This is my brother's daughter, Tessa. She is five years old and will make the perfect target. I order you to kidnap her and take her to a location that is marked on the map under these papers. You'll then call my brother with the phone that is in that building and demand that he leave a package of a thousand dollars there. When he delivers it I will have one of my tools pick it up. A young boy who lives in the slums. He gets to keep the money since I have no use for it. In return when he picks up you'll receive a message from one of my agents to inform you to call my brother and give him the address of the building and then you'll leave and report back to my office. Now again, I order you to do all of this. Leave any evidence that I was behind this will be consider a betrayal and will be considered damaging Aeroff property. Getting caught will also be considered as damaging Aeroff property. Do you understand Agent 0?"
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“I do have a name.” Helena said, noticing that Alessia seemed to intentionally call her anything but her actual name. She wondered if by doing that it subconsciously helped Alessia rationalize what she was doing. It would be easier to treat another human as nothing more than a tool if you dehumanized them. Though in the short time she had known Alessia she thought that might not be the case. Nothing she had seen so far had showed her Alessia was a normal compassionate woman despite what Alessia said.

Helena didn't wait for a response, she merely took the stack of paperwork from Alessia and walked out of the room. She wasn't planning on resisting this order. Of what Alessia had let on about her plans this wasn't that offensive. She wasn't sending her out to kill an innocent. Granted kidnapping a child could be traumatizing to the child it wasn't that horrible. In the elevator she looked over the files noticing that the girl would be leaving school in just few hours. According to the file she was picked up by an royal guard assigned to her father's each day and taken back to his penthouse. Helena figured she could easily pose as this guard and take the child.

The elevator chimed that she was on the ground floor and she stepped out passing a man a few years older than her wearing a similar uniform. Helena at first didn't think anything of him until she heard a man call out, “Oliver.” She ignored him and kept walking until he called her name again then ran catching up with her and grabbing her arm to get her attention. “Helena I knew it was you.”

She turned and looked at the man knowing who he was, Seamus Roarke. He had been in her unit when she had been assigned to the ice mines and hadn't seen him in years. “You have me mistaken for someone else.” She said, pulling her arm away from him and kept walking away from him. Seamus was a good man and she liked him but she needed to get started on her plan.

First step was delaying the royal guard assigned to picking the girl up, so she could step in and take their place. The file told her it was Major James that picked the girl up each day. Major James worked the afternoon shift and his address was listed on the file. Helena checked out a car and drove to the soldier dorms heading straight to where Major James was assigned. When he answered her knock he was greeted with a punch to the face laying him out on the floor. Helena had to admit she was a little surprised she was able to hit him. She figured Alessia's orders trumped the chip inhibiting her from harming Aeroff assets. She dragged Major James into the room and began binding him. By the time his unit noticed he was missing and sent someone to check on him, she would have already kidnapped the girl and sent her ransom notice. Her blitz attack on him would make it nearly impossible to identify her as his attacker and anyone that saw her in the dorms would think her just another soldier.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia watched as her new agent left to carry on the mission. She smiled before walking over to her desk and sitting down in her chair. She pulled up her tablet and pressed a few buttons on it, making a screen come down from the ceiling for her to watch the progress of her new agent. She pressed another few buttons and there was a ringing for a moment. Then an answer came up with a name on the screen. "This is Agent 1. What can I do for you today command?"

Alessia smiled before moving some files around on her tablet, sending the information on Helena over to Agent 1. "I'm sending you some files. They're for Helena, designation Agent 0. I want you to go to her and work with her. Oversee her actions and take lots of notes for me. Naturally, I am watching her from my office on a secure line to make sure no one sees what I see, but I want you there to see for yourself so that you can give me your personal opinion. She is the first subject to survive the experiment and is a new member of your squad. Consider yourself her onsite handler. She shouldn't break from the path I have set for her but I trust that you will do what needs to be done to make sure everything moves correctly." She then moved the mission files over to him. The files were slightly different with certain changes to certain instructions. There was a brief moment of no response and then Agent 1 spoke up. "Roger that command. I'll begin the operation right away. Agent 1 out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agent 1 looked at his files for a moment before quickly equipping his civilian clothing in order to blend in. He used the device that was in Helena's head to track her as he started to move out and tail her. Upon spotting her he made sure to keep a small amount of distance behind her as he tailed. He wasn't too concerned with necessarily keeping his presence hidden from her. It was more so if something bad happens he could make sure to not get intertwined with authorities.

He followed her to the barracks and watched her as she took out the person who was supposed to pick up the guard. Interesting strategy indeed. Take the place as the guard as a way to get to the daughter.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

When Helena left the soldier dorms she couldn't help but feel like she was being followed. She had left her car at the dorms and taken Major James' car thinking that the girl would be more likely to buy her story if she was in the normal car that she was picked up in. On that seat next to her sat Major James' hat, one of his uniforms was in the trunk to make people think that was how she had gotten a uniform. Looking in the mirror behind her she noticed a car that had been behind her for several blocks. She made a right turn at the next intersection then another, she kept making right turns until she was heading in her original direction. The car turned each time she had always staying a couple car lengths behind. Helena made one more turn on a small one way street. She stopped right in the middle of the road then got out of the car.

She walked to the car that had been following her which was now stopped directly behind her own car. On the way she drew the dagger Alessia had given her and held it close to her side so it was unseen. When she reached the car she opened the door and dragged the occupant inside out then slammed him into the side of the car pressing the dagger to his throat hard enough to make an indent on his skin but not cut him. All it would take was one flick of her wrist to slit the man's neck. “Who the hell are you and why are you following me?” She said. She didn't know who this man was but with him following her she wouldn't be able to complete her mission without being seen.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He chuckled slightly as he was thrown against the car by Agent 0. He had been tailing her for a bit, observing her actions and she had a good intuition. "Helena, code name Agent 0. Nice to finally meet you. I'm Agent 1. Captain of the squad put together by Command, also known as Alessia. You've been assigned to my squad so anytime you go on certain missions that require another person, someone from the squad will work with you. For this specific mission, I am considered your in field handler. I am to make sure you follow your orders, observe your actions and take notes, as well as follow a few objectives I myself have." He spoke as he continued to smile, watching her actions to see what she would do.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She let go of the man and stepped away looking at him not at all surprised that Alessia had sent someone to watch her. She pointed to the implant on her temple, “This makes sure I follow orders, your damned command has made sure of that.” Helena said, walking back to her car, “I don't need a babysitter. Stay out of my way.”

She got back into her car and continued to the school, Agent 1 still followed behind her though this time he had a longer distance behind her. The school was large and grand like everything in the corporate sectors. Filled with everything needed for the best education possible. Schools in the slums were nothing like this, usually just a small room with a few books and an old chalk board. Children in the slums were taught the bare minimum, most finishing school by they time they were fourteen where they then began learning a trade. Helena had attended one before she had been drafted by the Aeroff then she had been in a military school that had most of the tools that corporate schools did though the lessons were quite different. She parked her car in one of the loading drives looking at the photo of the girl she was here to kidnap. Tessa Aeroff five years old, Helena couldn't believe she was about to do this but she had no choice.

Getting out of the car she put the stolen hat on being sure to pull it down low enough to cover the implant and most of her face. The bell rang and students started flowing out of the school. It was several minutes later before Tessa came out followed by two teachers who were armed with long swords. It wasn't uncommon for corporate schools to have armed staff to prevent what Helena was about to do. The two teachers walked Tessa to the car stopping a few feet from her, one of them placing a hand on her shoulder stopping the girl, “Where is Major James?” One of the teachers ask.

“Called out sick.” Helena said, handing the teacher an access card that she had taken off of Major James.

The teacher looked at card before swiping it on a tablet he had. A moment later it chimed and he nodded to the other teacher then handed the card back. “It checks out. See you tomorrow Tessa.” The girl waved goodbye to her teachers then got into the back seat of the car. Helena shut the door then got in herself driving off to the slums rather than Tessa 's home.
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 08-08-2017 at 08:32 AM.

We Are Warriors

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast