Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Agent 1 continued to follow behind Helena, taking notes on everything she was doing, but staying slightly farther behind her now. When she arrived at the pick up zone of the school he simply proceeded to drive laps around the whole school, keeping her on his radar. When she started to leave to head to the designated warehouse, he continued with the following of her again. He set the car to temporarily autopilot and he grabbed his phone sending a message to the device that Helena would have been given. 'Agent 0 isn't a pet name she gave to you Helena. It allows for the ability of command to communicate with their agents without giving away the identity of command or their agents. Likewise between the agents as well.' He wasn't expecting an answer back from her but he knew that she was at least doing what she needed to do. So the next step of his specific mission came into account.

He kicked up the speed since he didn't have to worry about certain things and quick sped onto his own route to the warehouse. He had to go to a different part of it so that Agent 0 would be able to escape. Once the pickup location of the child is leaked there is no doubt that they will begin monitoring all cars in the pickup area. For now Agent 1 drove the car into an underground highway that was abandoned and primarily had slums people living in it. Upon getting to the warehouse much quicker due to the lack of other vehicles he quickly drove it into the parking area of the warehouse underneath it. He got out and proceeded to head to the meeting spot where Helena would be arriving so that he could be waiting for her.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She arrived at the warehouse pulling into a covered loading dock, a little surprised to see that this Agent 1 had made it before her. He must have taken the underground highways that no one used anymore. Smart idea it would give them the ability to get away without being in a vehicle linked to the crime. Picking her things up from the seat next to her Helena noticed the phone Alessia had given her was blinking, she picked it up and looked at the message on it. Shaking her head she shoved it in her pocket, all this cloak and dagger stuff was ridiculous. Being sure that her hat was still pulled low over her face she walked around to the passenger side door and opened it for Tessa. The girl looked around at the warehouse pausing and looking a little scared, “This isn’t my house.” Tessa said.

“Your father is going to be meeting you here.” Helena said, not liking that she was lying to the child even if in a way she wasn’t completely lying. Tessa’s father would be coming here eventually. She reached into the car grabbing Tessa’s back pack then put her hand on Tessa’s shoulder guiding her deeper into the warehouse. They walked a ways into the old abandoned warehouse it looking to have once been an ice distillery where ice was melted back to water to be bottle and sold down south. They were in one of the old Jubilee buildings that technically belonged to Aeroff but was abandoned. Helena led Tessa to the back where one of the old freezers was. It was turned off so now it was just an empty room with a small table and a chair inside. “Go inside and start doing your homework.” Helena instructed the child before shutting the door and locking it.

She walked over to another room where there were several monitors showing the old freezer and the girl inside. Helena didn’t like doing this but she had no choice. She opened a small computer Alessia had given her and began recording a video to send to the girl’s father. A few minutes later she looked up to see Agent 1 had entered the room.
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 08-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Agent 1 was looking at the monitors when he joined Helena. "Keep the recording going. It's time for one of my specific parts of the mission. Command didn't want to push you too much on your first mission, which is one of the reasons I got assigned to do this with you. Make sure audio is recording as well." With that he then went to the freezer door and unlocked it. He went into the freezer and looked at the girl.

"Hello." As he spoke his voice changed in order to be masked so that it couldn't be used to determine who he was by the audio logs. He then went over to where the hidden camera was and looked into it. His whole body was covered in a tactical suit and his face was hidden by a black mask. "Hello John. As you see I currently have your daughter, Tessa here. I am sure you figured out that someone else has picked her up. I am with the rebels and we need more funds. With this video we will send coordinates on where we want you to drop off the money. This is the only video you will get and to prove that I mean business." He turned around now facing the child who was now crying in fear.

He pulled out a pistol real quick and shot her foot, making the girl scream out in pain. He then turned back to the camera. "You have until 1600. If the package is not there, the next bullet will kill her." He then turned away from the camera and walked out of the freezer, locking it behind him. He turned off his voice disguiser and looked to Helena. "You can stop the recording now and send it to her father. I'm gonna patch up the wounds and take care of it in order to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything like that."
    Last edited by Numbers; 08-07-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

When Agent 1 shot the girl Helena saw red, she was shocked that he was able to do that. She breathed deeply while she prepared the video making sure it was edited properly and that there was nothing that could link them to the crime or to their location. They would need to be sure to have everything in place before they gave Fred the location of his daughter. By the time she had finished with the video and sent it, Agent 1 was finished tending to the girl and returned to her. She looked at him then turned and decked him, splitting his lip open. It appeared she had found another loop hole with the implant. As Agent 1 was an off books operative he wasn't technically an employee of Aeroff R&D and he wasn't protected by the implant. “You are almost as bad as her.” She said, thinking of Alessia. “Was that really necessary? She is just a child.” Agent 1 may have actually fired the shot but Alessia was the real monster for giving the order.

She looked back to the monitor seeing the girl crying despite the pain medication he had given her. Helena thought that girl would never be able to recover from this both emotionally and physically. She had no idea how Alessia could believe that this was okay. This girl was her own family. They had plenty of proof that they indeed had the girl and the threat against her was enough. There was no need to actually harm the girl except to be cruel. As each moment went on Helena felt that she had been tasked to kill the wrong Aeroff her mission should have to kill Alessia.

Turning back to the computer Helena cut the video feed to the cameras turning the screens black as they no longer recorded. She picked up the mask Agent 1 had been wearing and put it on before walking into the freezer. Heading straight to the girl she didn't say anything knowing there wasn't anything she could say to make this right. Instead she just hugged the girl who leaned into her crying into Helena's chest.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"It was necessary. You're new to this so don't pretend you know everything. Command speaks of her brother with affection and forgiveness. The shot was to make sure he doesn't send people to try and kill us. He may not have actual identities on us, but don't think we're safe. Alessia says her brother just loves to help the slums but anyone who helps the slums enough will build some connection with the rebels. As such you have to commit horrible things to protect ones self." He watched her go into the room with his mask and he walked back to the computer sitting in the chair. He turned on the camera's again just to observe.

He pulled out the files on agent 0 that he kept under his jacket and made some notes that Alessia could read. Mainly being able to attack another agent, as well as a few other pieces of information. He also put in a note that they would have to get Helena her own mask to use for future operations. For now though he watched Helena with the girl while waiting for the green light on moving. After all, the only job they have now is to wait for the green light on leaving to come up.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She held the girl until she fell asleep, probably a combination of the stress of the incident and the medication Agent 1 had given her. Helena stood with the girl walking across the freezer she kicked her book bag across them then laid the girl down on the floor resting her head on the bag. She pushed the girl's hair out of her face at least thinking that she would sleep through part of this ordeal. Leaving her in the freezer she walked out of it standing next to Agent 1 seeing that he had turned the cameras back on. They weren't transmitting to Fred but she had a feeling that Alessia would see the footage sooner or later. Helena thought good, it would show Alessia the compassion that she lacked. She took the mask off and dropped it on the table. It would have been better to go in there without it, more comforting to the girl but she couldn't let her see her face clearly. That would trace the crime back to her and by extension Alessia. Frankly she didn't give a damn about Alessia getting caught but the implant forced her to take actions to protect her.

The gun Agent 1 had shot Tessa with was sitting on his hip, she couldn't help but notice it was a old fashion gun that used bullets. Those sort of guns were illegal inside the domes, possession of one was a serious crime. One stray bullet put the entire dome at risk. It was a must to ensure that the dome remained intact to protect them for the harsh environment outside. Helena had smuggled a rifle in to kill the CEO but it was a needed evil. It was worrying that Agent 1 carried one and wasn't afraid to use it.

“I don't know everything but I do know what is right and wrong. What you and Alessia do is wrong.” She said, refusing to use their code names. She didn't want to be a part of any of this and wasn't a unwilling participant. She would push back in any way she could. “It is people like you that are what is wrong in this world. Don't give me that bullshit about wanting to make things better. If you did then you would be working to actually make it better not partaking in what makes it worse.”

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"In order to do defeat a monster you must become a monster. That is the world we live in. The rebels who you think are alright and good are no better than us. Imagine if you had killed the actual CEO, how would his innocent granddaughter react? Probably with tears and sadness. I'm not saying what we do isn't monstrous, but what we do is needed. The world doesn't just get better by doing nice things, it never has. To make the world a better place you need two kinds of people working in unison. The people who lead, who show the world that compassion still exists and the people who work in the shadows to make sure no threats come to that happiness. Command works as the face of the people, donating money to the slums, helping people who lose families in the ice mines. Behind the stage she plays the devil, giving something for people to unite again, an unknown enemy. You assume you know everything about us, about command." He stood up and looked her in the eyes now.

"You're not the only person who has lost people dear to you. Every agent under command has no family. Some of us even grew up in the slums. Some people in the slums don't side with the rebels, some side with the very people the rebels try to kill." He then turned away from her and looked at the girl through the camera's. "Nothing is as black and white as we want it to be. There is only grey which we have to waddle through. We all have our demons and we all have our regrets. We all work to bring about a better world. We all work to be the monster so that the next generation doesn't have to be." He spoke with this last part in a much quieter and softer voice, as if he was also recalling something from his past.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“That's where we differ you choose to do this.” Helena said, walking away from him. She headed to the upstairs of the building looking out a tinted window. She was in what much have been a supervisor's office. From here she had a good vantage point of the outside of the building. She done well to cover her tracks, Fred wouldn't be able to figure out where they were this fast. She hadn't taken a direct route here being sure to enter several tunnels where video feed would be sketchy. Eventually they may be able to figure it the path she traveled but not by the deadline Agent 1 had given them. They would have no choice but to pay the ransom.

She thought of the conversation that had been having, Agent 1 was just a delusional as Alessia. Helena wasn't naive enough to believe the world could be fixed so easily but she also didn't see how they could justify what they were doing. At least Agent 1 seemed to have some remorse for what they did. Alessia seemed to get some joy out of forcing Helena to basically be her slave. God she hated the woman, despite not even have knowing her a day ago.

Still looking out the window Helena noticed a number of cars drive by. The warehouse wasn't on a busy street but it did still have traffic go by it. Her eyes lit up when a single sedan pulled into the parking lot. It stopped at the edge of the lot and no one got out. Several minutes went by and still nothing. Helena began thinking something wasn't right, she drew her gun and ran down the stairs to Agent 1 who was sitting at the monitors having seen the car as well.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"This isn't good. Of all the people to find us I didn't think they would. Must have followed your scent. You're going to need a stronger weapon than that little stun gun." He quickly pulled his pistol out and shot the computer in order to quickly destroy it. "They won't be coming in after us, they're used to me having mines and claymores set up to defend myself. First thing first before we go out there to deal with them we need to get some bigger guns, I have some in the back of my car. Quickly, follow me." He went over to the freezer and made sure it was securely locked before leading Helena to a subterranean garage.

After he led her to his car he opened up the trunk. It looked empty until he hit a secret button the inside. Suddenly the floor of the trunk opened up to reveal many different types of guns. "As agents, the law of guns inside the dome technically doesn't apply to us. Obviously using guns inside the dome can lead to very bad things which is the reason to why we have to hide them when we use them. If an accident does occur or too much noise is made then command covers it up with mechanical failure." He quickly pulled out his personal sword as well as extra ammo for his pistol and a few smoke grenades. "Choose a gun that you feel like using and consider it yours. A gift from me for giving you passing grade on your first mission. Now let's go fight those murders." Of course, his mind knew exactly who was waiting for him. They were the reason Alessia found him and offered him this position as an agent, a slave, a tool of war.

He led Helena back up after she made her choice on weapons and he led her to the door. He quickly tossed her a small ear piece. "I'll go out first to see if I can't talk our way out of this. You should be able to hear the entire conversation. If your judgment says they're going to attack me or something then I want you to grab their attention so I can roll into cover or something." He grabbed his mask and put it on his face before walking outside.

As he walked outside each of the doors in the car opened and four men stepped out of it. "Well well well, if it isn't agent 1, the demon fox of the north, captain of the demon agents."

Agent 1 looked at them for a moment before responding. "If it isn't Thomas, captain of the rebel squad. How long are you going to continue to try and kill me?"

The one speaking who was identified as Thomas responded. "Until everything you love is dead, then we'll kill you. At least that is what I would like to do, however, Command has issued an emergency kill order for your head."

Agent 1 listened to his answer. All of his muscles were tense as he got ready to attack at a moment's notice. "Oh? Why is that?"

Thomas was quick on the answer. "I don't know and I don't care. Count today as your lucky day."

"Why is that?" Agent 1 countered with curiosity.

Thomas gave a large smile on his face. "Because you get to die and see your wife again. What a great joy it was killing her, makes me sad that I get to send you to her already." With that Thomas quickly fired a shot from his pistol at agent 1.

Agent 1 quickly rolled to the side in order to avoid the bullet, however, it managed to graze his shoulder. The three other rebels all pulled out their weapons and started to fire at the cover while Thomas stood there smiling.

"Agent 0, now would be the time to come out and make some noise if you can."
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

At first Helena had no idea who was in the car but they seemed to have Agent 1 on edge. Inside the trunk of the car was a small armory. Helena reached for a pair of pistols and shoulder holster to carry them. She also noticed several swords in the trunk. Agent 1 reached for one that was no doubt his, while Helena picked up a energy sword. She was skilled with guns but in truth she preferred using swords. He had said, she could have any of the guns but hadn't mentioned anything about a sword. Yet he didn't say anything when she picked it up. She strapped it onto her belt then headed back inside putting the earpiece in.

The window she had been looking out before was a good vantage point to watch the exchange below. Agent 1 and this Thomas talked, he said that these men were part of a rebel group. Helena didn't recognize them but that didn't mean they weren't part of the rebels. Her time with the inside dome rebels had been limited. She had spent far more time with outside rebels and they tended to be less extreme than those inside the dome. There sometimes was conflict between the two groups as the inside rebel found those outside to be too cautious while the outside rebels thought the inside rebels to be too rash.

She heard a shot fire out and pushed on the window it took a few good shoves to get it open. Several more shots went off. She leaned out the window drawing one of the pistols. She shot one of the rebels hitting him in the left shoulder and dropping him to the ground. There was a power cable leading from the building to the ground. All power lines in the dome were shielded to not be a live current, with everything so close in the dome it was safer. Helena put her pistol away, unhook the the sword and sheath then used it to slide down the power line. She landed with a kick to another one of the rebels as she drew the sword and charged it before running toward one of the remaining rebels.

We Are Warriors

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast