Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default [M] IC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Rated Mature due to violence, drugs, alcohol, sex, and any other mature theme that may or may not make an appearance in this roleplay.

Out of Character Thread: https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...50#post2920150

Alessia walked into her father's room. He was laying in bed with his sick self and she stood next to his bed grabbing his hand. "Are you alright father? I heard about the assassination on the council member. They think it may have been against you." She watched her father as he thought for a moment since he was more sick than usual. "Oh don't worry about me my sweet angel, I am fine. I'm just too old for that kind of excitement these days. Thank you for checking up on me though. I heard that the assassin was captured and is being used as one of our experimental agents. What's the news on it?" Alessia was slightly annoyed about all of this.

She had hundreds of different types of plans ready to go depending on what different things happen, but this assassin threw a wrench into all of her plans. Not only were all of her plans for that meeting interrupted now but now she had a new variable in play. "The news from the council is mainly two things. They're discussing how this new agent will more than likely serve me due to my track record among the company. They've also added to the schedule that it is time to pick a new CEO to lead us. Originally they were thinking of John since you know he's the eldest. However.... With everything that has happened lately... They're thinking that he is unfit since it is the job of the next in line to handle security and since such an attack got through with ease... Well I'm sure I don't have to explain the rest." She said with a slight smile at her dad.

Her dad smiled back before brushing his hand over her hand. "Well after seeing you grow up, if they choose you I know the company will be in good hands. I even put you forward as a replacement. These past few years you have really grown up to be a fine strong woman. Your mother would be proud if she was still with us." Alessia looked down for a moment before leaning over to kiss the top of her father's head. Her mother had died when she was young due to medical reasons. "Anyways I should let you rest father. I have a meeting with the council to discuss taking over as well as a meeting with the experimental agent science division to discuss about my new agent and meet them and what not. So get some rest, I'll make sure to check in on you tomorrow as well." She smiled before standing up and leaving her father's chambers.

~~~~~~~

After about two hours she was in a room with a bunch of scientists and a few of her guards. She had just come from her meeting with the council members. It was official. She was to become the next CEO when her father officially resigned which was probably soon. There was some talk about possibly having to have a final test to decide between her brother and herself on who the CEO will actually be, however considering her resources, she was pretty much guaranteed to get the spot at this point.

She was looking through the window, listening to the scientists talk about this new experimental agent. Apparently what they had done was surgically inserted some electrical device into the assassin's head to make it so that she wouldn't harm Aeroff Assets as well as making it so that she can't disobey orders without suffering extreme pain. She had the blueprints and specs and other information on the device sent to her office so that she could read on it later.

For now though as she looked through the window into the room she was surprised to find that the assassin was actually a woman and not a man. She looked over to her guards. "I want you guys to wait outside of the room. I wish to go in there alone. I know the technology may not work however, I myself am far from defenseless." She smiled as she walked forward and pulled off a small baton like weapon. She doubt that she would need to use it, however, if she had to then she would. "Dr. Michael, please make sure to take notes on this exchange. After all, she is the first successful subject to be implanted and live so make sure to gather all of the data that you can." She said with a smile before leaving the room and heading to the door where the subject was kept.

She opened the door and then closed it behind her, letting it lock before she continued. She looked at the assassin for a moment. There were poles next to her that were lightly glowing to show that there was electricity still going into her to keep her still. "Let me introduce myself before I let you move. My name is Alessia of Aeroff R&D. I am the next in line to be CEO. We took a look at your files, you were originally a guard for the council before your extremist opinions led you to be banished from the biodome. We know there are rebels outside of the biodome somehow. So you can imagine the opportunity that came to us when one such rebel who used to serve us, came back alive. This means that you were the perfect subject for a new experiment. Now that you survived the experiment you are to be my new personal assistant. I won't bother explaining the experiment to you because you'll feel it's effects here enough soon. Now that you serve me, you'll lead me to where your rebel comrades are. Eventually that is. Now why don't we remove your shackles so we can see what it is you have to say." She said with a smile before looking to the window and nodding. A moment later the hum of electricity disappeared as the shackles that kept the assassin from doing anything turned off. She had faith that the experimental device in the assassins head would work and do what it needed to do.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She awoke to a bright room, so bright that she couldn't see anything and her head was throbbing. It was hard to remember what was going on. The last thing she really remembered was laying on a scaffolding for a day and half waiting. The information her sources had given hadn't been right. The CEO was supposed to be leaving the headquarters for a meeting with Onyx Diamond Technologies, she had set her post up early not really liking the vantage point that was selected for. It was old and she wasn't entirely sure it would hold her weight. Still she couldn't find a better spot and had used it against her best judgment. The excepted time of his departure came and went without him. There had been rumors about his declining health and that he wasn't long for this world anyway. Some in the resistance wondered what the point of killing him even was if they knew he would be dead soon.

Helena knew though that it wasn't the CEO's death that the resistance needed but the act of him being killed at the hands of the resistance. It would show the people in the slums that corporations weren't as powerful as they seemed and that they were outnumbered by the people they ruled over. Part of Helena had wanted to climb down off that scaffolding and try again at another time but she hadn't, instead she held her ground and waited. Then finally when she had her shot, she had been lined up with him in her sights but her perch gave way just as she squeezed the trigger making her miss and hit a council member. Angus Harold, she had known the man from her time in the Aeroff Defense Force. He was a cruel man that only cared about lining his own pockets. Helena wouldn't shed any tears for him, the dome was better off without him.

But that was the last thing she remembered, she had been knocked out in the fall. Now she was a little amazed that it hadn't killed her. Slowly everything became less bright as her eyes adjusted to the light. It didn't do anything for the throbbing in her head. She moved to raise her hand to her temple but couldn't move. It was then she felt the electrical current running through her, feeling like it did when your foot fell asleep. This was a common technique used to secure prisoners, she had felt it during her last arrest. The room she was in was a stark white with a large mirror on one side and a glass window on the other. She couldn't really see either being unable to turn her head. It most definitely wasn't a holding cell. Looking down she noticed she was wearing a simple white shirt and pants. She hadn't been wearing that when she made her attack.

Which led to the question where was she? The door opened and a young woman walked in. She introduced herself as Alessia Aeroff, confirming that she had been arrested and telling her that they had experiment on her. From her time as an elite guard she knew that Aeroff R&D used human test subjects and that very rarely were they volunteers. That had been one of the reasons she had joined the resistance. What Alessia said they did to her wasn't making much sense she wasn't very versed in sciences. After she was done speaking Alessia had her bonds released causing Helena to fall to the floor took weak to hold herself up from whatever they had done to her.

“I know who you are.” Helena said, kneeling on her hands and knees trying to compose herself. It took several minutes to regain her strength and push herself up off the ground. She was unsteady on her feet but able to stand. At the window stood several of Alessia's guards and a scientist who looked a little surprised that she was standing. Alessia had mentioned she was the first one to survive the procedure. The guards looked ready to rush in at any moment but held their ground. It was then that Helena noticed the baton in her hand.

She chuckled aloud, she wasn't stupid enough to try and fight here. She would lose before she knew what happened. No, she would need to wait for the right moment to attempt an escape. “I'll die before I tell you anything.” Helena said, suddenly feeling very nauseous and dizzy. She stumbled toward Alessia seeing the guard tense up but she moved passed the future CEO falling onto a table and loosing whatever was in her stomach.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia smiled as she watched the different things her subject went through. "Helena is it? An orphan who joined the military of our company and eventually turned turncoat. You were orphaned because your.... father was it? Died in a mining accident. What a shame. The diamonds never were really good at worker safety now were they. Always hiring the weaker people to do the mining knowing that they would die easily. Was an excellent form of population control of the slums. Imagine the excitement, you get to work for a corporation and in one year you can move your family out of the slums, only to be one month away and die in an 'accident', oops." Alessia walked around to the side of the woman.

"As for dying... well.... I'm sorry but we can't have that happening. You're such a strategic resource." Alessia said with a smile. "Why don't we try out my new toy." She looked up to the scientists and nodded to him to signal that she was about to test the device. "Now I wouldn't worry about my guards. They're under orders to stay out of this room until it is seen that the test fails. Now shall we see if you'll pass? I think we shall." She then walked over to the mirror for a second, looking at the reflection of the woman.

"First test. I order you to come over here and bow down before me and bark like the dog you are." She said smiling at the mirror as she watched the girl's reflection. She was excited to see how the test would end up going. With all of her plans having been ruined she was going to have to make new plans and if this new toy worked out, the types of plans she could do where infinitely better than before. She had her own rebel assassin who she could use against the people in the slums, to turn the slums against the rebels to possibly bring them back into the reliance of the corporations.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The wave of vertigo passed and Helena managed to push herself to her feet again. She felt drunk and like she had been hit by a mining train at the same time. Alessia started talking again, what she said made Helena angry. She wasn't foolish enough not to see what the corporations did to control the people. Accidents were common in the mines and while some truly were accidents there were many that were not. She clinched her fists and took a step toward Alessia as she implied that her father was weak. Helena didn't remember much about him but had often been told stories by his friends about what a great man he was and how they wished they could take in his daughter but times were hard for everyone. With a balled fist she took another step closer within range to strike Alessia but found that her hand wouldn't move. Despite how much she willed it she couldn't it was like something was blocking her. Helena could see her own reflection in the mirror and finally noticed the implant on her temple. It went from a steady green light to a blinking red one as she willed her hand to strike and failed.

When Alessia gave the order for her to kneel and she refused the blinking red light grew a steady red and the throbbing in her head increased to an unbearable pain. “Go fuck yourself.” Helena said, fighting as hard as she could to withstand the pain. Helena gave up on her efforts to hit Alessia and instead clutched at her temple. The pain only grew more and more until finally she fell to her knees before the other woman who commanded she bark as a dog. Helena may not have been able to stand with the pain but she refused to demean herself in such a way. She let out a low groan of pain that turned into a growl as she fought the pain. Then strangely enough the pain faded back to the dull throb. Still kneeling she stayed there catching her breath and recovering from the pain.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia smiled at the results. "Well I won't say you failed the test, but you certainly didn't pass it with flying colors. After all, you did fail to bark for your new master." She said with a smile before turning to Helena and patting the top of her head. "Good enough I suppose though." She said with a sigh before walking over to the window and tapping on it. A moment later her guards and the scientist came in.

"Good, now obviously there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out like trying to get her to obey my every command when I give it, but I suppose for now, having some freedom will help her in her jobs. After all, it's going to take a lot to paint it like the rebels are the terrorists in the slums." She then looked to one of her guards. "Go work with the operations center. I want you to find out all the influential people in the slums. Find out their schedules, jobs, medical records, allegiances, the full work up. Find the best spots for our rebel here to assassinate them in about two month's time." The guard nodded before leaving.

She then turned back to Helena. "Welcome to Aeroff R&D Helena... Or should I say... Welcome back." She said with a smile. "For now on you will be working as my personal assistant. This means you will be guarding me, running errands, and carrying out orders such as helping people, killing people, or whatever I deem your skills are needed for. Starting today, unless I order for you to otherwise, you are to stay by my side all of the time until I find it is time for you to no longer be with me."
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“We can't fully suppress her free will or else you will be having to instruct her to do everything down to taking every step.” The scientist said, walking over to Helena who had stood up when Alessia walked away. “It will take sometime to break her will power but you should be able to do it.” He took out a small tool kit and made a few adjustments on the implant causing the throbbing in her head to lessen to a more bearable level. “I'll need you to bring her in every day to make adjustments to the system. Hopefully it will only last a few weeks and then we can go longer between visits. She is still a prototype so we can expect a few kinks.”

Helena didn't like the way they spoke about her as if she wasn't even standing there but she disliked the fact that she had followed Alessia's instructions against her will. It was hard to believe that anyone would do this to another human being. The resistance was right to fight them, she had to find some way to break free before Alessia forced her to poison the people against the resistance.

Alessia and her guards stepped out of the room allowing the scientist to run a few more tests on Helena and then an aid entered the room carrying a military uniform much like the one Helena had worn before being exiled. He instructed Helena to change into it and at first she ignored him until he made a few taps on a tablet. She felt the same pain she had when she tired to resist Alessia. Begrudgingly she changed into the uniform and looked at herself in the mirror, never thinking that she would be wearing this again. It was different this time, in her old uniform she had black pants though now they were white signifying that she was royal guard now, the highest level of the elite guards assigned to protect the CEO and their family. On her collar was even her old rank as a major though Helena had a feeling it was just for show and she had no real authority.

Seeing that she had finished changing the scientist looked over to Helena and gesture for her to go on and she walked outside where Alessia was standing with the files detailing the implant program. Helena didn't say anything but arched her eyebrow at the future CEO as to say, 'What now?'

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia looked up at Helena with a smile. "Perfect, you're looking much better now that you are back in uniform." She pressed a few buttons on her tablet to turn it off for now before she continued to speak. "Now we have several things that need to get done as well as several things no doubt need to be explained to you. So follow me dog." She said with a smile before walking off in the direction of the elevator. After a moment of riding it up to the more penthouse of the tower they were in, Alessia showed her to the office that Alessia tends to work in. She sat in her chair behind the desk and motioned for Helena to sit down across from her.

"Now I would like to begin attacks on the resistance sooner than later, however that will have to be put onto the back burner for now. Right now Aeroff is slightly split. My father is sick and because of this we are in the process of picking a new CEO. Originally my older brother was next in line but god he such an idiot there is no way I could let him rule. Because of that I have been undertaking work to make it so that the council will deem him unfit to lead so that I become the CEO instead. My idiot brother believes in peace and making deals with the resistance to try and make both sides more even. What a fool. Thankfully because you killed a councilor the council is now rethinking making him the CEO since a councilor died on his watch so I must thank you for that."

Next she pulled out some folders with files in them and passed them over the desk. "Now before we go after the resistance I wish to make sure that Aeroff is fully united under me. The council already is behind me but next is to make sure the people are behind me too. If we show them that I am compassionate and merciful they will unite under me. Currently the main plan for that right now is to introduce you to them. Someone who was originally banished but given a second chance to live a nice life thanks to my generosity."
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“I hardly see using your power to help everyone as idiotic.” Helena said, choosing to stand behind the chair rather than sit in it. She was feeling a little better after whatever adjustment had been made. If she was going to plan some sort of escape she would need to learn the limits of this implant. By standing behind the chair she learned something quite valuable, Alessia hadn't actually ordered her to sit down by gesturing at the chair she had merely implied it giving Helena the chance to disobey. She wanted to smile at this little victory but decided against it thinking it best not to tip her hand. On that note after several moments of standing behind the chair she sat down at it. Hopefully giving the illusion that she had given into the implant.

She didn't know much about John Aeroff, which was a double edged blade. On one hand he hadn't done anything to draw the attention of the resistance and on the other he hadn't done anything noticeable to help people. Helena filed away this knowledge about the other heir for when she managed to get away. If he was open to working with the people he might be of use and it would be wise of them to ensure he came to power and not his sister. She seemed to be very much like the current CEO if not a little worse. “If you want someone to believe you are compassionate and merciful it helps to actual be and not merely acting.” Helena said, wanting nothing to do with this plan but wondering if she had much of a choice.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Oh but I am, however, I'm also not an idiot. History has seen time and time again it's not the merciful who get into power, its the smart who do. The ones who are willing to sacrifice a few pawns to take out a queen. I do want a better situation for the people than the one they are in now. Right now they're caught in the middle of a war. Between Aeroff and the Diamonds. Both companies are unable to take down the other due to the fact that we both need each other for some various reason or another. Nothing in the slums can change unless both companies completely agree however, we both have different view points. Aeroff obviously prefers science and next generation development, Diamonds prefer economy and present day industry values. We believe the best way to elevate the slums would be the further of education to allow for higher positions to be filled to allow more education and so on. Diamonds prefers the arrangement of opening more and more industry jobs to get more and more people working to improve economic stability." She said as she leaned back in her chair.

"The only thing you could say Aeroff and the Diamonds agree on is that we can elevate all of the slums. After all, society requires that there be a certain percentage of the population working at each level with the slums taking up a vast majority of that population need." Alessia then opened up some drawers in her desk looking for some stuff in it before pulling out a stun pistol and a small dagger. She sat them on top of the desk and pushed it toward Helena. "Those are for you dog. You'll need them since you're my assistant. If a job requires more powerful weaponry then they will be provided at the time, and taken away when the job is done."
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Seems to me the problem is the corporations rather than the people.” Helena said, looking at the gun and dagger. She was skilled in both having spent most of her youth training with them. She took the gun and clipped it on her belt. Stun guns were useful to disable someone but weren't normally lethal especially in this size. Some of the larger rifles had kill modes but most pistols didn't. When she picked up the dagger her fingers clinched around it as her other hand removed the sheath. She turned the blade over looking at it, the length was close to six inches and balanced well with both edges sharpened. It would be so easy to fling this dagger at Alessia impaling it in her neck, securing that she doesn't become the next CEO. As much as she thought about it though she couldn't will her hand to do it. A simple flick of the wrist was all it would take but it felt like she was holding a hundred pound weight. Sighing she put the sheath back on the dagger and clipped it on her belt.

Alessia didn't understand much like those who were before her. Someone who had never lived in the slums couldn't, she sat up here in her office which was warm and large enough to house a whole family. When she was a child she shared a room this size with fifteenth other girls who shared beds not only because there wasn't enough beds but to stay warm. No doubt Alessia had a bed large enough to hold all the girls in her orphanage. She probably never knew what it was like to go hungry. Helena merely stood up and paced the room shaking her head.

We Are Warriors

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast