Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC: Forced Destiny [ADN & Numbers]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alessia smirked she was liking this silence much better. She would eventually give her agent the ability to talk again, once Alessia had calmed down some more. When she got the message from her agent she sighed and spoke up. "Yes, we will be making camp soon in the tent. We're still a few days away from the first cache checkpoint." She continued to move forward through until they came to a nice ice shelf. The area they were in now had uneven green with small crevices everywhere. Alessia stopped the snowmobile next to one of the ice crevices before turning off the snowmobile.

She got off the snowmobile and did a quick stretch. "You may talk again. But watch your tongue, lest you want to sleep outside dog." Alessia walked to the edge of the crevice and looked down. It wasn't huge, only went down about ten feet into the ground. It was relatively thin but it would make for good cover against the harsh winds while they slept. Alessia turned to the side of the snowmobile and pulled off some of the survival supplies that were folded compactly into it. She first pulled out the tent and threw it down into the crevice before hopping down in after it.

At the bottom, she took some hooks out of the tent and started to put up a shelter in a different way it was meant to be used. The crevice was only a few feet wide so she put hooks in on each side before tying the tent to the hooks to make a sort of tarp above her head. While part of the tent was very taught over here, providing a roof from the wind, the rest of it fell down limply to create some very light walls. She took the extra hooks and hooked the loose parts of the tent into the walls of the crevice. It took her maybe half an hour to get the shelter set up, but once it was done it was more reliable than just the tent by itself. The floor was the ice and snow still, but the walls and roof above her head were the double layers of the unopened tent.

She walked out from the very small shelter. It was only six feet tall, three wide and six feet long. She looked at the top of the crevice before jumping and grabbing the top with her hand. Pulling herself up she looked at her Agent. "The shelter is set up. Should be slightly warmer than just using the tent out in the open. You hungry?"
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

They came to a stop in the clearing with Alessia setting up the tent in the crevice. It was a good location Helena gave her that. It would give them cover from both the weather and anyone looking for them. Maybe Alessia wasn't as naive as Helena thought. While the heiress set the tent up Helena went to the snow mobile pulling out a large silver cloth, in the same compartment she discovered a cross bow and grabbed that too. Inside another compartment she found some sleeping bags and other supplies. She slung the bow over her shoulder then draped the cloth over the snowmobile. As soon as it was in place the cloth took the appearance of the area around them completely concealing the snowmobile. She took the supplies to the crevice and dropped them in for Alessia.

Next Helena took the cross bow and looked around the clearing, it was an open area with a little vegetation. That would help to draw any sort of game to them. They did have rations but while they were editable they far from tasting good. It reminded Helena of crewing on cardboard. She would much rather find something to hunt. The caribou they had seen earlier would have been good but that much meat would take too long to cut up and they wouldn't be able to carry much of it. A smaller animal would work much better, they could get a meal or two out of it.

As if on cue a medium size rabbit ran by her stopping to eat a little bit of the grass that was there. Helena raised the crossbow up taking aim at the rabbit. A sound came from the crevice startling the rabbit but not enough for it to run. She lined up her shot then pulled the trigger the bolt flying across and hitting the rabbit. Helena turned to the crevice noticing the sound that startled the rabbit was Alessia climbing out. She asked if Helena was hungry, rather than answering Helena walked over to the rabbit lifting it up, "Yeah, I suppose you want me to get fire wood too?" Helena said, pulling the bolt out of the rabbit then tossing the animal to Alessia.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Go for it. I'll start gutting the rabbit and skinning it so that it can start being cooked by the time you get back." She was still annoyed with the agent but less so now. She took the rabbit from the agent, but before letting her go to gather firewood, Alessia spoke up again. "Let me make myself awfully clear about our situation. Your job, is to kill who I say to kill, and injure who I say to order. Each agent specializes in something different. You know the rebels better than any of my agents. Each agent has a job to do in relation to progressing my domination forward. Inside city safety, outside scouting and resource hunting, information war, you get the message. Your job is external threats. Beasts, monsters, rebels. That is to say, I have you agents to simply make my job easier. As you saw earlier, I am very much capable of getting my hands dirty. I don't need you to kill the rebels and destroy them. I am very much capable of doing it myself if I wish to. I simply choose to not devote all of my resources into hunting them down. Focus on one enemy too much and the others fester and gain power. Agents are the way to give extra resources to the hunt of each enemy. You may think I am evil and I may think your friends are evil. One thing I hope you can agree with me though is the more you resist, the more you fight back and try to get small victories, the more people will die." With that she turned her back to Helena, and carrying the rabbit in her arms, jumped back down into the small crevice.

She took a knife out and started to carve a sort of mixing bowl into the ice. She started to cut, and skin, and gut the rabbit, putting different parts into the bowl and leaving other parts out. She has carved multiple ice bowls into the ground and walls in order to store the different parts of the rabbit temporarily. She put guts into one of the bowls and meat into another. Organs shared a bowl with the guts and she took the fur that she had skinned off and threw it into a small bag before starting to chop some of the organs and guts.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

While collecting the wood, Helena thought about Alessia and how she tried to put the death of that man on her. She was cruel and twisted but she wasn't right. Helena wouldn't let her move the blame to her. This was war against the corporation and that man was a soldier. He knew what he had signed up for. It didn't make it any better but she hadn't killed that man. Alessia had. After gathering enough wood to make a fire that would create enough heat for dinner and to keep them warm through the night. She dropped down into the crevice setting it down as she gathered some rocks to make a fire ring. She piled up the wood then used some flint to start it. It took a short amount time all the while she didn't say anything to Alessia who was still working with the rabbit.

Once it was done she walked over to Alessia standing before her. “You can try to push the blame wherever you want, whatever it takes to help you sleep at night, you may be fooling yourself but no one else.” Helena said, then turned back to the gear she had thrown down to begin setting it up. She stopped though and turned back to Alessia, “Just so we are clear, I will never stop fighting you anyway I can find. It may seem like a small an insignificant gesture but I will never give in to you and I will fight you every step of the way.” With that she turned her back to Alessia and grabbed the gear pulling out a couple of sleeping bags.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"You speak like you know the rebels can do better. Have you ever thought once on whether they can do better? They've killed those who were simply on the opposing side of them. Those who fought for what they believed in or fought for a better day. Even if I am evil, are those who fight for me because they have to considered evil. Take a look at those in the rebels. I'll admit they are strong for surviving in the frozen hell of the wasteland. I wonder though, if you have enough resources to help all of the weak." She looked back to the rabbit and finished with the gutting and preparing of it, before tossing different guts into the pot. She grabbed some of the snow around them and threw them into the pot as well to let it all boil and cook. A fatty broth quickly started to form and fill the pot.

"My people lack the resources to make the world a better place. Our location in the world provides us little resources. Snow, something any dome in the world can get, is our trade. We mined it originally because others were too lazy too. Eventually our dome split into two main factions. My faction believed in the development of new technology to progress our capabilities of a dome, and advance our technology of the mining of snow. Eventually we got to the point where we got so good at the mining of snow that we capitalized on it. For a while, the dome prospered at the influx of wealth." Alessia started to grab some of the meat that she had chopped up and threw it into the melting pot now.

"That was many generations ago. Enough generations that the time before that is now forgotten. We still live in the age of in-fluxed cash, a time better than the one before. But people have grown used to this time. All those who live now only know of this form of time. So as always we grow discontent with the way things are. Rebels form, wanting more, and factions do their best to keep up. Change is slow, and can only occur when the right chess pieces are in the right places. Rebels started to occur when my father was a child. His best choice was not to change our faction but prepare it for change. Set plans into the process of being prepared. Even now, those plans have not yet come to fruit. Not everything that is needed for them is available yet. Now our bio-dome is split into two factions again. The one about expanding the rich and the one about expanding the power. My faction, wishes to expand the power of our bio-dome. We know that if we stay only mining the snow we will never get the resources that we need to progress any further. More resources means better capabilities to the dome. More resources means better care of all people. What the wealthy have now will be given to the poor, as new stuff is given to the wealthy." She watched the pot as it continued to cook, making sure it didn't cook too much before putting the hot pot into a bed of snow to rapidly cool it off.

"I don't care if you follow me, the devil incarnate. If you truly wish to create a better place though, you'll help me. Things will never be equal for everyone. There will always be the poor, the middle class, and the rich. Get rid of the rich and they rebel. Keep the rich and the poor rebel. Whichever path you choose you are called the evil one. I'll accept being the devil and being hated. My job isn't to be liked or loved, its to take care of my people." Alessia smiled behind her helmet. "Your job is to make sure I live and that my plans come to fruition. You don't have to agree with me or the plans. Fight every little battle if you want, even if its just to prove you will always resist, my plans will succeed. As I said, change will only occur when the right pieces are on the board and to say the least, with obtaining you, I finally have the last piece I need to start the checkmate."
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“I know the world isn't perfect and a perfect world could never exist. If you think that is what the rebels are fighting for you are even more clueless than I thought. Will the rebels run the dome better? I don't know but what we are fighting for is the right to make those choices for ourselves good or bad.” Helena said, throwing out the two sleeping bags. She laid them down side by side knowing they would keep warmer if they zipped the two together and shared but she wasn't feeling like suggesting it. Helena could stand the bitter cold and would deal with it rather than to have to cuddle with Alessia.

“I wouldn't expect someone who has never lived on the wrong side of the sector to understand. Ninety-five percent of the people born in the slums never leave the slums and those that do are never allowed to forget where they come from. Those few lucky if you can call them that who get out live as slaves working to serve their betters.” Helena said, sitting down next to Alessia watching her fix what was coming to look like a stew. “What we are fighting for is a chance to make it on our own. We don't want to live on the scraps of the wealthy. That is why people flee the dome and live with the rebels, there they have a chance to make something of their own.”

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"That is indeed why they flee, that is why they die. If you want freedom, then permanently leave. You have shown that you don't need the domes, so why don't your people just leave and head south? Sure it's a frozen wasteland everywhere, but the closer to the equator, the less domes you are to find. Certainly be less deadly than fighting the domes. Not to mention even if you take over a dome, the other domes will quickly turn against you. Even such a thing will happen once I take over another dome. The only difference is that once I take over the next dome, I'll be able to cripple the other domes to prevent them from attacking me right away." She finished the soup and pulled out some of the supplies to fill up a bowl and hand it to Helena. She then filled her own and put her spoon it.

She was thinking about many different things as she looked at the soup. "Maybe it would be better to give you the order to try and convince your people to leave and find a home somewhere else." A new idea came into her head. "Hmmm. If you and your people had the resources to leave and build a new dome, with a railway to transport those who wish to leave our domes up here. Would you say that your people would take such an offer?" She asked, looking up at the agent in front of her.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

“Would you want to be driven from your home?” Helena said, taking her bowl of soup and slowly eating it, being sure to blow on it before taking a bite. She could see the steam rising off of it. Surprisingly it was actually quite good. Another unexpected thing about the heiress that she could cook. Helena figured she had servants waiting on her hand and foot. She stopped in her eating to think about the offer put before her. There no doubt would be some who might go with the idea but it didn’t sit well with Helena. She knew what it was like to be driven from her home. Cast out and forced to leave. Usually when someone was thrown out of the domes it was a death sentence. Thankfully there were those who had learned to survive and help other with the same fate. Helena’s mind was made up leaving everything behind wasn’t a choice. She wasn’t fighting just for herself but for those who couldn’t fight. “The domes aren’t the best thing out there but they are our home. You wouldn’t know what it was like to be forced out. Yes, we can leave but what of those left behind? You say you want what is best for the dome but all I have seen from you is what is best for you and the elite few. No, I don’t think they would go for it.”

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"For those who want to leave I would have you help guide them to a new place to live. If your people do not wish to take such a deal, I can't force it. Know that this deal won't always be on the table though. There is a time frame. After I have taken my first three domes and gained the weapon I am looking for, those who wish to rebel will all be slain. Innocent or guilty will become gray, and those who don't submit or leave will be killed. Regardless of sex, position in the world, friend.... or family... That is the future, the goal I was given to by my family and that is the mission I will see to the end. You and your people will die for your cause because you believe it is just, you're not alone. Besides you, each of my agents will fight till the death to realized my dream become true, and I will kill my family, friends, agents, and myself if it means that my mission is completed." She finished eating before grabbing a new piece of technology from her pocket.

She looked at her agent with amusement. Before pressing a small button on the remote. No sound, light, or feeling could show what had just happened. A voice came from Alessia's suit. "Please confirm removal of Agent Status from Helena." Alessia removed her hood and took off her helmet, setting it to her side. There was a light smile on her face and mischief in her eyes. "I confirm." There was a light ding from her suit. "Status removed. Designating Test Delta Five as a failure." Her suit responded with.

"Congratulations. You're the first terrorist, rebel, spy, bandit, or whatever else I could find to fail my test. You won't make a good agent. I offered to allow good things to happen from you freely doing horrible things but decided to say no to even bringing some good to the world and opted for instead allowing me to only do horrible things using your body. I can't have someone who is unwilling to walk a grey path with me. I do evil things sure, but I also do good things. You only see the evil and will never see the good. I can't have someone like that with me." She stood up and looked at the sky. It was having a rare break in clouds, allowing the black sky filled with stars to be seen a few seconds before the horrible clouds came back to cover it up. "The chip is still in your mind. It will take exactly a week for it to dissolve and be fully destroyed. Normally it being turned on allows it to repair itself, but now that it's turned off it will slowly be destroyed by the cells in your body. With it off, you also have lost all connection to the mainframe back at the dome. All information is now being denied access to." She then looked back to Helena. "It'll be as if nothing ever happened. Though I guess you'll still remember me. Though the memories of the other agents will be destroyed by the device, they will become nothing more than strangers, enemies to you. The effects should already be present, recalling anything about them other than what the rebels already know will be gone in a minute or so." Alessia leaned down and picked up her helmet, she put it back on before putting her hood on, hiding her face once again. "You'll still remember everything about me though. Your rebel friends should be here in an hour or two. Chase after me if you want, but if you do, try not to get captured by me again. Every day the technology at my disposal gets more advanced, and in a few years, I'll have the ability to make a monster. Something that not even the rebels will be able to kill. Already there is evidence of it here and there. Not enough to recognize it through without having the evidence pointed out as being the work of the monster." She said with a smile before climbing up the small wall to being on top. "Orion, program the topography from the camera into the predictive algorithm of the map and path I need you to take. Calculate ETA to Alpha Base Camp if we move nonstop."

Alessia then looked down to Helena. "I'm heading due East. Track me down if you want. Hunt me down if you dare. Just remember and tell your friends one thing. Every agent I have at my disposal has been trained by one person. Sure they've all perfected their arts to more than I could have ever dreamed. But they all had someone start them off somewhere." She then grabbed a pistol from her leg. "One last order was hardwired into your mind before the device shut off. Not to move. That order will be revoked as soon as your shot." It was then that she pulled the trigger on the pistol, allowing for the bullet to shoot right into the leg of Helena. "Order is now revoked. You're free to move. Good luck Helena. If your people want to take my offer on moving domes the offer will stay standing until I gain my third dome. After that, I will no longer have the resources to sponsor the creation of a new dome farther to the south." She put her pistol away and grabbed a flare gun from the snowmobile. She aimed it to the sky and pulled the trigger, allowing for the bright red flare to shoot up into the sky, high enough to be seen by any rebels that may have been searching for their friend. She then popped in another flair, a green one. She pulled the trigger again allowing it to shoot into the air. "Red for help, green for alone. Your friends know where to find you now." She then put the flare gun away and got onto the snowmobile and turned it on. She gave one last look to the small crevice. "Good luck Helena." She said with a smile. She looked at the new map that Orion gave her as well as the ETA. It would take her two days of nonstop moving. Her suit had enough resources to be able to keep her away and alive that long. Then at the first resting station out of three, she would be able to rest a week there to make sure she was ready for the harshest part of the trip, the path between station Alpha and station Bravo.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The force of the bullet knocked Helena back into the wall of the crevice. Between being shot and hitting the wall the wind was knocked from her lungs. Helena sat leaning against the wall for a couple minutes still trying to catch her breath and figure out what just happened. She wasn't sure. Alessia left her there saying the device was deactivate and would dissolve yet Helena didn't believe her. She tried recall the other agents but really couldn't. Now she wasn't sure if that was as Alessia said by design or just because she hadn't taken the time to get to know them. The one thing she had learned was not to trust Alessia and held true to that until she knew more. Looking up she watched the two flares then heard the sound of the snowmobile driving away.

Deciding to focus more on something she could control now Helena looked down at her leg. The armor she was wearing would have stopped the bullet if it hadn't been shot at such close of a distance. Instead it penetrated through the armor, the only question now was how far. She knew from the feeling of pain in her leg that it broke the skin. It took a little work to remove the damaged leg piece and see the wound. She was right that it had penetrated her leg. The armor had slowed the bullet down and it hadn't gone that deep. The end of the bullet was still sticking out of her leg. Thankfully she fell near the supply bag that he their medical equipment in it. She pulled out a couple bandages then Helena grit her teeth and tried to grab the end of the bullet but couldn't get a good enough grip on it to pull it out. “Son of a bitch!” Growled through the pain. She really needed to get the bullet out before she bandaged it.

Reaching to her belt she grabbed her utility knife turning it into a pair of pliers that she used to pull the bullet out. It hurt quite a bit causing Helena to groan in pain. She dropped the bullet on the ground then bandaged her leg over her spandex pants. It was a good thing that bullet hadn't gone in deeper causing her to tear her pants. If that had happened she would have lost much of the warmth the pants provided. They would lose some warmth but not much.

Helena was left now with figuring out what to do next. She could probably climb out of the cave but it would be difficult with her injured leg. Traveling on foot with an injury would be dangerous. Alessia had sent out several flares so the rebels would be coming. It would be best for just to wait for them to arrive.

We Are Warriors

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast