Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Fate and Fortune: Sojourn [OOC]

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Default [M] Fate and Fortune: Sojourn [OOC]

This roleplay is rated M for the following: Definite Violence, Definite Language, Definite Blood and Gore, Possible Alcohol Usage, Potential Sexual or Suggestive Themes, and Karma and Chat Noir.

IC

There is no quiet to be had in this guild. All around you people can be heard shouting, laughing, and partaking in one of the many vices available to those who have the gall to become adventurers.

You weave your way around people as they joke and cajole, knocking into each other and spilling drinks across the floor. You laugh with your friends, and deny the drinks they try to hand you. There is a new mission and the promise of a reward. So, although the ale calls your name, the call of fortune echoes louder.

----------------------------

The following sections may be periodically updated as more information is revealed throughout the roleplay.

Spoiler: Basic World and Setting Information 

Spoiler: Race Information 

This roleplay is a typical fantasy roleplay run by yours truly, Karma and Chat Noir. You will be playing as a member of a guild that obviously takes missions for payment. There are different levels of missions that are based on difficulty. The easiest being bronze, the next being silver, one up from that being gold and so on. In this roleplay we will all be going on a quest together to obtain an important magical item that our guild has been hired to acquire.

Easy enough, right?

Keep in mind this is Karma and Chat Noir so we will likely throw crazy beasts and monsters at you one moment and the next will be something hilarious and then suddenly there is an avalanche. We’re nothing if we aren’t random! We already have some twists and turns planned out and we are sure to come up with some on the fly as well, but there will be difficulties on this quest as well as lot of fun times!

◘ I think this goes without saying, but all RPA Rules apply.

◘ Be respectful towards all other participants.

◘ The GM's word is final.
    Chat Noir and Karma are both GM's of this RP.
    In saying that, both of us are pretty laid back.
    If you have a question on anything or think that something is unfair or doesn’t fit,
    you can always mention it respectfully in the OOC or PM either one of us.

◘ We want this to be a more laid back and leisurely roleplay,
    but we do require you to post at least once every two weeks.
    We would prefer if you would post more like once a week, but we understand that things happen.
    If you need to be away for a long period of time please just let us know.
    We reserve the right to skip you or remove you and take over your character
    if you do not post within this time frame and have had no form of communicatin.

◘ No "God modding". I’m not sure there will be a lot of chance for it in this RP, but still.
    Don’t do it.

◘ Let us know if you have any ideas for your characters
    This includes any subplots you may have, anything you’d like to see.
    We would really like your feedback and help as we want you to have as much fun as possible!

◘ If you got to this point, somewhere in your CS put:
    “All hail Chat Noir and Karma” and tag Merry Gentry.
    This is crucial or you will not get accepted.

Name:

Race/Appearance:
    (picture and description preferred, description required)

Noteworthy Equipment:

Personality:
    (No, Chat, “Fabulous” is not a personality trait) (Sure it is!)

Magic:
    (be reasonable)

Skills:
    (I was gonna put a list here, but you should know what skills are by now) (I can tie a knot w/ my tongue)

Good Traits:
    (give us 3 and a half)

Bad Traits:
    (We don’t want to focus on the bad so I’ll say 2 and three quarters)

Background:
    (over the last two years)

We are leaving equipment and magic open to your own interpretations, all we ask is that you be reasonable. We are going to be playing as average adventurers, not superheroes. Chat and Karma reserve the right to deny character sheets if things are too unbelievable. This is a trust thing. Don’t blow it. We don’t want to have to be less lazy and actually come up with guidelines for you to follow.

Due to the nature of the roleplay there are a finite amount of spots available. Because of this, we ask that anybody who applies to this roleplay be absolutely dedicated to finishing - once we start we won’t be able to replace missing players.

No Longer Accepting Characters

1. Fitz Finnegan [Chat Noir]
    2. Viessa LeVane [Karma]
    3. Neara Labingi [Scottie]
    4. Galgor Backbreaker [Tolvo] [Azazeal]
    5. Gabriel Laurent [Evening Rain]
    6. The Immortal/Doc [Azazeal]
    7. Harry [Bumbling Bee]
    Last edited by Chat Noir; 11-14-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Name:
    Fitz Finnegan

Race/Appearance:
    Human
    Spoiler: Fitz 

Fitz was a fair looking child, with his long blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. However, as he’s grown older his voice has gone deep and his muscles have filled out. Some say he looks elven, but he is as human as they get; he promises! He isn’t even tall, he only stands at 5’8, or 5’9 if he stands on his toes.

Noteworthy Equipment:
    Bladed Mace
    Tower Shield
    Several Protective Trinkets
    Spoiler: Armor (ignore the sword) 

Personality:
    He is FABULOUS! With a capital 1. He genuinely cares about the people around him, even if they don’t reciprocate the feeling. He does have strange ways of showing it, though, and can be very over the top when it comes to cheering people up or making sure people stay in a good mood. It is almost impossible to make him genuinely mad, and he is quick to forgive others for their transgressions.

Magic:
    N/A

Skills:
    Cooking – He’s a great cook; especially fish.
    Bartering – What can I say, he’s good at getting people to lower their prices. It might be because they want him to shutup.
    Strategy – He played chess once. He was alright.

Good Traits:
    Passionate – He cares. A lot. Maybe too much.
    Optimistic – If there’s a positive spin to a situation, he will find it.
    Loyal – He’s kind of like a dog.

Bad Traits:
    Dramatic – Honestly, it can be pretty annoying. You can’t turn it off.
    Gullible – He’ll believe anything. Lying? You mean people actually do that?
    (Let it also be said that he has no concept of personal space. He will get all up in your grill.)

Background:
    As soon as Fitz turned 18 he joined the Adventurer’s Guild. It was something he’d always dreamed of, and something that his father (that he is far too similar to for his mother’s liking) had insisted he partake in. Ever since then he has slowly been working his way up the ladder at the Adventurer’s Guild. A good chunk of his reward money goes to charities set up around the city of Eirzia, and another portion goes to his widowed mother.

Over the past few years he has completed the amount of the required silver rank requests to move up in the guild and is now a tentative gold rank. Though he is friendly with almost all members of the guild that he has had prolonged interactions with, he spends little time with them outside of guild activities. He doesn’t allow himself much free time between requests, anyways – there are people out there who need help, and who better to give it to them than he?
    Last edited by Chat Noir; 08-03-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Name:
    Viessa LeVane

Race/Appearance:
    Half elf/Half human

Viessa has long dirty blonde hair and light green eyes.She stands at 5’9”, with a very lithe build There is a spark in her eyes, that nearly gives away her sass before she even opens her mouth. She has the smooth unblemished skin of an elf along with slightly pointed ears.

Noteworthy Equipment:
    Leaf adornment - It used to be her father’s and is normally worn in her hair. It enhances the magic she possesses to make it usable and somewhat efficient.

Short sword and Dagger - She keeps on her side, just in case anyone gets close, but she is shit with them.

Leather Armor

Personality:
    Viessa is sassy and always has a comeback. She uses wit and sarcasm to pick at other people, but she can also take it rather well and quite enjoys banter and battles of wit and humor. She is rather light hearted, but is quite sensitive to the fact that she is a half breed. If her anger is sparked, her sarcasm can quickly go from joking to hurtful and she can be ruthless in its intensity, but it usually short lived.

Magic:
    Shape-shifter - can change into certain animals, but sometimes things go very wrong.

Insect manipulation - Can control insects within close quarters to do her bidding if she focuses her magic.

Skills:
    Moves silently, Good at scouting and gathering information, bluffing, staying calm in dangerous situations

Good Traits:
    Good natured, Empathetic, Clever…. Half honest

Bad Traits:
    Indelicate, Inattentive

Background:
    Viessa left her small village where she was treated as second class and was disliked due to being mix raced, and set out on her own. She had led a rather lonely life and was in need of money. When she joined the guild it fulfilled not only her need for money and a stable living situation, but also the sense of family and community that she had never had. She has gone on a few missions and absolutely loves being part of the guild and the adventure involved in it.

Other:
    Viessa has a pet squirrel named Queenie that she found abandoned by it's mother. She nurtured it back to health and absolutely adores the furry creature.

All hail Chat Noir and Karma!! @Merry Gentry;
    Last edited by .Karma.; 08-03-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Oooooohhh what is dis??
    Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Chat Noir! :3 If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

ALSO

See that third spot....yeah Slot 3.....yea that's mine...I'm claiming it!!

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'd just like t say I'm interested but I kinda want to see what other characters are made first before working on mine so we end up with more variety. If I get accepted that is.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Yay Tolvo!

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Spoiler: WIP 
    @Merry Gentry;
    Last edited by Tolvo; 08-04-2017 at 02:12 AM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Lookin' good!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    Bollocks Dagger
    Jesus.

Your large and sarcastic combat medic will be reporting shortly, Chat!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast