Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC - PG13] Yu-Gi-Oh! The Witches' Wrath [Yami & Celeste]

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

'She'? Mokuba turned to look around, but there was no one else in sight. Who was this guy, and what was he talking about? Something was making Yugi nervous, and apparently the white-haired guy had something to do with it. And in any case, Mokuba knew better than to go anywhere alone with a total stranger, let alone one who was acting so strangely.

"Who are you?" Mokuba asked the white-haired man, not saying anything else for now. He didn't even know this person, and certainly wouldn't risk jeopardizing his brother's reputation by voicing his concerns in front of a complete stranger.

Nevertheless, it was really starting to frustrate Mokuba that he would apparently have to wait before he could talk to Yugi more openly. He didn't have time to wait around like this! But wait... why was he in such a rush, anyway? Seto may have been busier and more secretive than usual, but he wasn't in any serious trouble as far as Mokuba knew... was he?

For now Mokuba tried to set these thoughts aside, and with a somewhat hesitant nod, he proceeded to follow behind Yugi. These irrational fears had been stuck in Mokuba's mind all week, and he couldn't let them cloud his judgment, especially not now. But although Mokuba didn't know the white-haired guy well enough to really trust him, he did trust Yugi at least, and Roland was still here even if something did go wrong.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 08-21-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Luke looked at the young man as a smile formed on his face as Mokuba asked him some questions. Although how to answer them here would be difficult, since they need to be in a more private setting. Sighing he looked into the young questioning eyes. “My name is Luke, and for your other question it will have to be answered at another time.” Luke said as he followed Yugi to the card shop. The fire trucks were leaving, and the crises averted. Luke stayed outside to watch and make sure no one bothered Yugi. He allowed Mokuba to do as he wished. Though Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning followed the young duelist in.

Yugi went up to his room, and pulled out a drawer that held the gold box the millennium puzzle cam in, and opened the box revealed the three God cards that he had acquired in his last dueling championship. He just stared at the three cards as Yami appeared next to him.

“I think we have gotten involved in something again.” Yugi said as he looked to the pharaoh. Yami shook his head as Yugi placed the cards in his deck, and returned it to his pocket. Standing up once more he went down stairs. “Hey Grandpa. I will be out for the rest of the day.” Yugi said without waiting for his reply since he knew what was going to be said.

Walking out the door he looked to Luke, and Mokuba. “I know of an abandoned building close by. We should be able to talk there. Mokuba are you coming along?” Yugi asked hoping that he would come. With everything that was happening he wanted to have a friend along for the ride.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

"Sure!" Mokuba replied, setting aside his hesitation. He still didn't know anything about this Luke guy apart from his name, but at least Yugi would have some backup with him and Roland there in case Luke tried anything funny. And besides, at this rate, it looked like this would be Mokuba's best chance of talking to Yugi about what he was here for in the first place, although that would have to wait until Luke was gone. As Yugi began to lead the way toward the abandoned building, Mokuba sprinted up to him and maintained the same pace.

"Yugi..." Mokuba whispered to Yugi, pausing to make sure Luke was not too close. "As soon as you're done here, there's something I need to talk to you about in private." He said nothing else for the time being, not wanting to say too much in front of someone he didn't really know.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi was not surprised as Mokuba decided to come along for the ride. He figured that there was something the young man wanted to talk to him about. Very rarely did he come to him with no ulterior motive. Him and his brother were always busy in more ways than one, and he didn’t usually see them too often on social calls. HIs suspicion was confirmed once Mokuba approached him, and whispered into his ear. Yugi just smiled, and looked at the younger Kaiba. “No problem. Though I am not sure how long this is going to take.” Yugi said as time passed, and they arrived at the abandoned building.

Luke had taken up the rear and followed not too close behind the others. This was going to be a pain to try and explain all of this to a couple of reg’s even though one of them held the spirit of the great Pharaoh. Sighing as he knew this was going to be difficult he just followed till they reached the abandoned building. Yugi entered followed by Mokuba and his guard. Luke was the last to enter. As Luke closed the door he placed a spell on it to not allow anyone to open it, and then he turned to walk up behind the bodyguard. Still muttering under his breath as he touched his back, and the Roland collapsed to the ground.

“Sorry about this, but I am not going to allow anyone to get involved that doesn't need to be. Besides he would have just gotten in the way.” Luke said as he moved away from the man’s body. Roland was still breathing but not couscous. “My name is Luke Salomon. I am a member of the Children of Shadows, and am assigned to protect the Pharaoh on the orders of my master.” He said as he pulled a card out of his pocket. “As you have already seen Yugi I have the ability of magic.” He looked to the young man as he knew he didn’t want a fight. He looked away from the young men raising a hand as to stop someone from attacking, and bowed respectively once more. “I am not your enemy. So please allow me to finish?” Luke said to the air as it would seam to Yugi and Mokuba, but he was actually talking to the Blue Eyes White Dragon. She had given of a threatening growl.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mokuba had turned around to face Luke once he and Yugi were inside the building, and saw Luke just as he had approached Roland from behind. Mokuba didn't know what Luke did after that, but then suddenly Roland collapsed in a heap on the floor.

"Roland!" Mokuba ran forward and knelt down next to Roland, who was out cold despite Mokuba's efforts to wake him, but otherwise seemed to be unharmed. Nevertheless, for this guy to knock out Mokuba's bodyguard because 'he would have just gotten in the way' was not a good sign, and Mokuba backed up toward Yugi as Luke began to speak.

With few other options available at the moment, Mokuba listened patiently to Luke's explanation. The Children of the Shadows? Protecting the Pharaoh? Magic? This was starting to sound like Battle City all over again! Luke claimed that these 'Children of the Shadows' were on their side, but Mokuba wasn't so sure at the moment, and it would be better to stay on the safe side anyway.

Then Luke looked away from him and Yugi for some reason, and while Luke was distracted, Mokuba quickly used the opportunity to press a small button embedded in the collar of his vest, activating a concealed two-way radio; Seto had one just like it in his coat, and this radio system served as the brothers' primary means of communication whenever they were apart. Now Seto would be able to listen in on this conversation and could send help if necessary, and that thought alone made Mokuba feel much safer.

"Who exactly is your master?" Mokuba asked, hoping to keep Luke talking and pass on as much info on these people to Seto as he could, without being too obvious and running the risk of getting caught. "And what does any of this have to do with Yugi?"
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 08-23-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This was getting all too real for Yugi. First he is attacked, and his partner almost taken. Then this man saves them only to confuse him more. He hoped this would make sense soon. The Mokuba’s guard fell to the ground, and Yugi wondered why Luke would do such a thing. However he wouldn't have to wait long. As soon as he was done talking to thin are he began to speak, and Mokuba stood between him and the young man.

Returning his attention back to Mokuba once the Blue Eyes White Dragon bowed her head to allow him to continue his conversation. He didn’t see the young man touching his collar, but his spirit did, but didn't think anything of it. Luke looks at Mokuba as he looked as if he was trying to protect Yugi from him. Shaking his head he pulled out a deck of cards from his pocket and looked through them to find the card he wanted, and placed them back into his pocket.

“As promised I will tell you all you need to know, but nothing more. So my Master’s name is of little importance at the moment, and everything is centered Around Yugi, well more precisely the other Yugi as some call him. Now I told you that I use magic. The best way I know how to prove this is to use a spell. So. Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning I summon you to this physical plane.” Luke said as the card began to glow, and the monster appeared by his side. It looked at mokuba and Yugi with a slight smile on his face.

“This is my bonded spirit Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. He has been by my side since I was a child. Some spirits are like that, and others choose their Masters in other ways.” Luke said as his spirit looked at him.

“Luke, not all of us choose. Some are forced to bond with people they don’t even like. Yet ‘She’ is not this young one spirit. I think ‘She’ is watching over him for another.” Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning said in a serious tone. He didn’t want these to to think he was just a mindless tool.

“Oh yes. Sorry about that my friend. I keep forgetting about ‘Their’ way of doing things. However, back on the issue at hand. Young Man you wanted to know about who I was referring to when I said ‘She’ Well it is simple. She is the Blue Eyes White Dragon, and it seems like she is protecting you in her master's place. I would summon her but I don’t have her card in my deck. In fact the only one own has the card is non other than Seto Kaiba. So I am unable to manifest her in a physical form.” Luke said studding their reaction as he spoke once more, “Are there any questions?”

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

If Seto were here, he probably would've already been on his way out the door the moment Luke mentioned magic, but Mokuba stuck around for now and tried to make as much sense of it as he could. The sudden appearance of the Black Luster Soldier was a bit of a shock, but Mokuba was well-acquainted with the latest in holographic technology, so he wasn't too surprised; however, if this Black Luster Soldier was just a hologram, it was certainly the most realistic-looking hologram he'd ever seen, and that was saying a lot. More explanations followed involving spirits bonding with people, but what caught Mokuba's attention most of all was when Luke said that the Blue Eyes White Dragon was watching over Mokuba in Seto's absence.

"Are you saying my brother has one of these spirits? Because Seto doesn't even believe in that stuff." Mokuba said, trying to look unconvinced, even though somehow a part of him couldn't stop thinking about what Luke might be implying. If this mostly involved Yugi like Luke said, then what did Seto have to do with this for Luke to bring him up like that? And perhaps more importantly, why would Seto put so much trust in one of these monster spirits, even if it was a Blue Eyes White Dragon? Could this have had something to do with how weird Seto had been acting lately?

For the time being, Mokuba kept his thoughts to himself, but now he listened even more attentively. He didn't know yet if there was any truth to what Luke was claiming, but if there was, then Luke just might have at least some of the answers Mokuba needed. Or at the very least, the sooner this was over with, the sooner Mokuba could have his chance to talk to Yugi as he'd originally planned.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 08-25-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi was deep in thought at everything that was being said. In fact he was not paying much attention at all. HIs mind was going over what he old lady had spoke when she was trying to take the Pharaoh from him. Nothing of what she said made much sense. What did she mean by his time was up. What was happening in his life once more. He may not have known but one thing is for sure he really didn’t want to involve his friends in this matter. They have been through enough in the past month that they didn't need to get involved.

Luke just looked at the young man as he reacted to his comment about Kaiba. So he was Mokuba. Well that would make sense considering how he was questioning him and the questions that were asked. Chuckling slightly as he looked at the young man. “Well now this make more sense, I was wondering why you are more skeptical than most. Well Mokuba the truth is yes. Even if he doesn't believe in magic he still has the power of a mage. Thus why Blue Eyes White Dragon has bonded with him. Though I don’t know all of the specifics since I was only sent to find the Pharaoh and protect his vessel.” Luke said as he turned from Mokuba to Yugi who seemed deep in thought.

“No matter what one believes in this world, the truth is a completely different story. Through the ages no one has ever been born knowing all things. You may learn and grow. That is the reality of the world, and what we see is but a small portion of the truth.” Luke said as he then turned his back to Mokuba. “Your brother doesn't want to believe that there is more to this world that what he already knows, and neglects to look at the world with an open mind.”

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mokuba continued to take Luke's explanation in stride, though the gears in the younger Kaiba's mind still continued to turn. This really was turning into Battle City all over again; Mokuba had overheard something about his brother being an ancient Egyptian sorcerer in a past life, but Seto had dismissed the idea from the very beginning, so Mokuba had never given it much thought until now. Could this be what Seto had been talking about earlier today?

"Mokuba I understand that you want to know everything, but sometimes there are things that even I need to keep to myself."

Mokuba was distracted for a moment, thinking over what Luke had just said and how it might connect to how Seto had been acting lately. Had something really happened at Rosewood to make Seto rethink his whole dismissal of Ishizu's claims regarding his alleged past life? Was that why Seto was so upset after last week's meeting that he wouldn't even talk about it?

Part of Mokuba was tempted to finally speak his mind; for now he didn't, but he briefly exchanged a glance with Yugi. If any of this was true, then he would have even more to talk to Yugi about than he'd first thought.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi looked over to Mokuba and could see that he was deep in thought about what Luke had just said. Knowing all too well Kaiba’s stance on magic, and things of that nature. In fact if he was here right now he would be calling Luke a loon for believing in such things. Chuckling slightly to himself as he remembered all the times Kaibs has done just that. Denouncing anything that he couldn’t explain with a rational mind. Yugi stepped in front of mokuba and looked at Luke.

“If what you say is true then do you know who is after the Pharaoh, and why they are after him” Yugi asked as he looked into Luke’s eyes. He wanted to know the truth of what was going on. He wasn’t the only one Yami also wanted to know why they were after him. His past is still a jumbled mess in his mind. Even after Ishizu, and her brother Malik explained some stuff to him regarding his past. Yet they didn’t even know everything.

Luke could tell that Mokuba had more on his mind than he was letting on, and didn’t know if he would be willing to talk about it, but before he could make a move Yugi approached him with a question of his own. Luke looked at him as he was about to answer his question. However, the fates had something else in mind for this encounter. Luke looked away from Yugi just in time to see the ball of energy heading straight for Mokuba.

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning reacted without being told, and ran up to Mokuba. PLacing a firm hand on his shoulder he pushed the child behind him as he raised his sword to defend from the attack. When the ord hit him he was pushed back from the sheer power of the attack. The ball exploded sending a shockwave through the building, Luke grabbed Yugi and threw him to the ground as the energy ball exploded sending him flying backwards.

Landing hard on his right arm. he quickly picked himself up ignoring the pain in his right arm. He returned to the Pharaoh’s side and helped him up. “Move over to the man I knocked out. You will be safe over there.” Luke said as he then made his way over to where Mokuba was. Just then you could hear giggling from the direction the attack came from.

“Well looks like my master was right. Three little mice that need to be exterminated are scurrying around this building.” The mysterious voice said as he came out of the shadows.

“Well looks like the snake has come out of his hole. So where is your master Silent Magician LV8? Hmm? I Hiding in the shadow like he always is sending you to do his dirty work.” Luke said as he looked at the spirit with content. He moved next to Mokuba and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I know you don’t trust me yet, but please go to where Yugi is.” Luke whispered in a tone only Mokuba would be able to hear.

“My Master doesn't need to dirty his hands with you Mage.” Silent Magician LV8 said as he readied his staff once more. Getting ready to attack Luke and the others.
    Last edited by Yamimoon; 08-25-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast