Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC - PG13] Yu-Gi-Oh! The Witches' Wrath [Yami & Celeste]

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

"Where do I begin?" Mokuba thought wryly to himself in response to Luke's question directed at him. This had all happened so fast, and there were so many questions that still needed answers. Mokuba was even about to ask about Rosewood to see if he could figure out their role in all of this, but he quickly decided against it. To disclose the details of any of his brother's business meetings was way too risky for Mokuba's taste, and despite Mokuba's instincts, there wasn't enough hard evidence yet for him to confirm that the personnel at Rosewood had any actual role in whatever was happening to Seto. So instead, Mokuba turned his focus to the next big question he had at the moment.

"Can you tell us more about these witches first, so we'll know what to watch out for?" Mokuba asked, waiting until Luke answered before anything else. He already had a few ideas of what to look into, but he knew very little about who and what they were dealing with. And more to the point, if these witches really were doing something to Seto, Yugi and Mokuba would both need to know more about them so that they could defend themselves or Seto if need be.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 09-11-2017 at 03:44 AM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi caught the crystal and looked at it curiously. He wasn’t completely sure about thin, but he trusted Luke even though they have only known one another for a short time. Curling his fingers around the crystal, and placing it in his pocket. He listened to what was going to be said next. He also wanted to know what to look out for since he had been attacked before, and he wanted to be prepared for any future engagements.

Luke’s expression grew serious as he looked at the two present. They wanted to know more about the witches, and how to spot their subordinates. This was going to be a hard question to answer since they all look like normal people of all ages. Clearing his throat he closed his eyes for a second to gather his thoughts before he began to speak once more.

“That is a question that is hard to answer since you are a reg. Unless you have magical power you wouldn’t be able to spot them. I have been fighting them for years, and let me tell you they come in all shapes. They can be old, young, tall, short or anything. They are just like you and me, but they are able to use magic, and have spirits that are bonded to them. They even have all different kinds of temperaments. So anyone could be a lackey of the witches.” Luke said as he let that sink in before continuing his explanation. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out s simple black crystal.

“On the other hand if you find something like this but in a different color, then you know for a fact they are a sorcerer, and could be one of their lackeys.” Luke said showing the black crystal to them. “Also a bracelet like this is a dead giveaway.” Luke said pulling up his sleeve revealing a gold bracelet that ancient writings on it. “Both of these item are required to initiate a sorcerers duel, and trust me you don’t want to get involved in one. A reg wouldn’t stand a chance.” Luke said as he placed the crystal on the table.

“As for the witches. I don’t know much about them since I have never met them in all these years. My master hasn’t told me much about them other than the fact that they are powerful, and they seduce their way into the palace, and close to the Pharaoh. You will have to ask him for information on them.” Luke said as he looked down at his hands. He knew more than he was telling, but even he needed to keep his secrets. He had come in contact with one of the witches at one time and almost lost his life. If Amun hadn't shown up when he did he would no longer be with the living. He didn’t know which of the two sisters he was fighting, but… Luke shook his head to get the memories to disappear.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mokuba paid close attention to Luke's explanation. Luke's description of the witches' goons - that they looked and acted just like everyone else except for a couple of key items that they may or may not possess - did little to put Mokuba's mind at ease, but it needed to be said nonetheless, so Mokuba took this information in stride and also took the time to carefully examine the crystal and bracelet that Luke was showing to them. Those two items were Mokuba's only real clues at the moment; it was a long shot, but Mokuba already had a few possible suspects in mind, and if any of them happened to have any similar crystals and/or bracelets, that alone would help Mokuba figure out who to focus on.

Luke also explained a bit more about the witches themselves, or more specifically their past. Mokuba could tell that Luke knew more about them than what he was saying, but the witches' past with some Pharaoh wasn't Mokuba's most pressing concern at the moment, so he let it slide for now. They now had the information they needed to defend themselves against whoever or whatever they were dealing with, so now the next step was to start investigating.

"Alright, then let's get started." Mokuba said, turning to Yugi next. "Yugi, I'll keep in touch with you as much as I can. I don't know what these people want with you and my brother, but if you need my help with anything or you see anything unusual, you know where to find me."

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi looked to Mokuba as he was already ready to get this investigation ready. Yugi on the other hand still had so many questions on the matter, but he knew that they were unimportant. He wanted to know more about his partner's past, but it seems Luke didn’t know much about his past. Only time will reveal all, and Yugi knew this better than anyone.

Smiling at Mokuba as he knew that he would be able to rely on the younger Kaiba. They had gotten along better than Kaiba and himself, but he still thought of Kaiba as a friend, and no matter what he would help Mokuba figure out why he was acting so weird. “Thanks Mokuba. I am sure that we will be able to get to the bottom of this. You just be careful. I am not sure but I don’t think you sneaking around will go unseen. Just don't do anything that will bring suspicion upon yourself. If you need any help with your investigation just let me know. I am sure the others would be willing to help as well.” Yugi said with a smile as he looked at the determined expression that Mokuba had. He just hoped that this was all a false alarm, and Kaiba was okay.

Luke was still tired, and he could see that they were ready to get this all started. Very well. He knew this was important to the duo so he wouldn't keep them any longer. “Well if you are ready then I won't stop you. But you would be going out the front door. I don’t live within the city limits, and I am sure that the two day hike back to the city wouldn't be fun.” He said as he walked over to Roland and picked him up off of the ground. “Please fallow me.” He said as he walked out the front door, and lead them to a cave.

He almost dropped the unconscious man a couple of times, and it looked like he was going to fall to the ground himself, but he didn’t. Leading them deep into the cave they came to a room that instantly lit up the moment Luke entered it. The room was filled with all kinds of different things, but what was the most interesting was the mirror at the back wall. It was an fancy golden frame with black onyx inlay. Once he was there he muttered a spell under his breath and touched the mirror.

What looked like glass actually shimmered, and moved like water to his touch. As the ripples slowed it showed the city in all of it’s glory. He turned to the others and looked at them with a smile on his face. “This mirror will take to anywhere in the city you would like to go. The people hunting you will not be able to feel the energy, so you will be safe, but I would think of a place that has few people since you will just appear in the area. But before you go is there anything else you would like to ask of me?”

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mokuba nodded gratefully to Yugi, a genuine smile on his face despite the difficult circumstances. Yugi was more of a friend to Seto than Seto himself would be willing to admit, and despite the famous rivalry between Yugi and Seto in the Dueling arena, Mokuba knew they could always count on Yugi whenever trouble came up, and this would be no exception. Mokuba still hoped that he was wrong and Seto was perfectly fine, but although he strongly suspected that wasn't the case, at least now Mokuba didn't feel so helpless anymore.

Now that they had all agreed on a plan, Luke proceeded to pick up Roland and lead them out the front door, but instead of ending up outside like one might normally expect, the door led into a cave with some kind of lighting that suddenly turned on as they entered. At the far end was a mirror that rippled like water when Luke touched it, and suddenly Mokuba could see the entire city in the mirror.

“This mirror will take you to anywhere in the city you would like to go. The people hunting you will not be able to feel the energy, so you will be safe, but I would think of a place that has few people since you will just appear in the area. But before you go is there anything else you would like to ask of me?”

The truth was that Mokuba had several questions, but the answers could wait a bit longer for now. All that mattered to him right now was finding out what was happening to his brother and whether or not these witches really were involved.

"I'm ready." He said finally, bracing himself. He knew of a few places around KaibaCorp that might not have that many people around at this time of day, and he was about to suggest one of them, but he quickly thought better of it. He had told Seto earlier that he was at that abandoned building close to Yugi's grandfather's store, so it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly be somewhere too far away from that building, but on the other hand whoever had attacked them just now might still be in that area. So for now he turned to Yugi, waiting first to see if he had any suggestions for where they could travel to.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi looked at the mirror whose reflection was like water. It shimmered and rippled, as Luke explained that it could take them anywhere in the city. Then Mokuba asked him where he thought they should appear. Yugi thought for a bit and nothing really came to mind. He was still not understanding how this involved him, but he felt like Luke could be trusted. He walked over to the man who looked like he was about to pass out. “Thank you for saving me, but one day soon we will need to talk more about this situation.” Yugi said as he walked over to Mokuba and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I don’t know where to go Mokuba.”

Luke was sure that Yugi needed to know more, but he knew he was not the one to talk to him. His master would have to be the one that explained everything to him, but until then what he told him should be enough to keep him from getting captured. At least he hoped that it would keep him safe. “I know of a place that will be safe for you to appear at. As long as you trust me.” Luke said as he touched the mirror once more and it changed from the view of the city to the inside of a building. “This is my safe house in the city. You will be safe, and it is not too far from KaibaCorp.” Luke said as he moved from the mirror. He hoped that the two young men would be safe. “You must get going. If you don't then the people that might be working for them will know.something is up. May Ra guide and protect you on your journey.” Luke said as he nodded at Yugi and Mokuba.

You looked to Luke once more as he nodded his head, and looked at the mirror. He trusted Luke since he has not given him any reason not too. “Let's get going Mokuba.” He said as he reached for Roland to try and help the younger Kaiba drag him through the portal. Before he and Mokuba went their separate ways they would need to talk for a bit. Mokuba wanted to talk to him first, so maybe there was more to this than he was willing to tell a stranger. As Soon as Mokua was ready they would walk through the portal together.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

“Right.” Mokuba nodded back, helping Yugi to pull Roland through the portal and into the safe house. Roland was still unconscious, and Mokuba wasn't sure how long it would take him to come to, but maybe it was better to tell Yugi the rest of his suspicions before Roland woke up. Roland was the one employee at KaibaCorp Mokuba trusted the most, but Roland was equally loyal to Seto and would not hesitate to tell Seto about Mokuba's suspicions; if these witches really were influencing Seto somehow, that alone could compromise this whole investigation and give the witches time to cover their tracks. Checking on Roland for a moment, and checking to make sure no one else was around, Mokuba then took a deep breath.

"Yugi, there's something else I need to tell you before you go." Mokuba said first. "I didn't want to mention this in front of someone I barely know, but I may have an idea of where to start looking." Waiting for Yugi's initial response, and checking again to make absolutely sure that there were no nosy paparazzi around, Mokuba then continued.

"Do you remember the virtual adventure game my brother was working on? The one the Big 5 used to trap him so they could try to take over the company?" Mokuba asked, waiting for Yugi's confirmation before continuing. "Seto never properly finished the game after that. Too many bad memories, I guess, plus KaibaCorp's technology has advanced a lot since then." He sighed quietly, knowing how much Seto had looked forward to finishing the VirtuaPod only for those 5 snakes to stab him in the back with it.

"A few weeks ago, Seto got a call from a private school on the edge of town. Apparently some of the students developed their own virtual reality system that the school wanted to sell to us." Mokuba explained. "Seto figured he could use it to finally finish that game and maybe even work with them on future projects, so he arranged with the school to go check it out. That's what that meeting was for."

Taking a moment to let that part sink in, Mokuba continued. "We ran a complete background check on the school before Seto would even agree to meet with them, and everything checks out. But everything started after Seto came back from that meeting, and it just so happens he turned them down. Plus Seto ended up going to the meeting alone; they sent a driver to bring the two of us to the school, and then Seto had to leave me in the car because I fell asleep on the way there.” Mokuba felt a pang of guilt at that thought, wondering if maybe he could’ve prevented all of this if he’d just stayed awake.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 10-22-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi was right. Mokuba did have something he wanted to talk to him about, and not in front of Luke. Yugi listened to whan Mokuba had to say, and when he asked about the virtual world that they and Kaiba were trapped in. A shudder ran down his spine as he remembered the events. “How will I ever be able to forget?” Yugi said as he waited for Mokuba to finish his thoughts. He didn’t like the way Mokuba was going with his explanation.

Yugi was a little surprised that Kaiba had decided to finish that project, but on the other hand he could understand it. Shaking his head as Mokuba seemed to be depressed, and he felt responsible for what happened. Yugi got a soft look on his face as he stepped forward and placed a hand on the younger Kaiba’s shoulder. “Don’t blame yourself for this Mokuba. You and Kaiba did all you could to keep something like this from happening. That is if anything has happened. We don’t even know if anything happened to Kaiba.” Yugi was trying to make Mokuba feel better.

He didn’t know if this will make Mokuba feel better, but this was all he could do for Mokuba until they have more information. “Mokuba. Well we will find out what happened to your brother, and if anything did happen, then I will help any way possible.”

------

Luke looked to the mirror as Mokuba and Yugi appeared on the other side. The mirror change venue and turned completely black, as Luke fell to his knees and bowed the best he could. He closed his eyes as he spoke a spell under his breath, and the mirror shimmered once more, but didn’t change colors. A voice rang through the empty cave, yet it spoke in a language that has been lost of a millennia. Luke didn’t move from his spot, but he began to speak on the matter at hand and what had happened today, unaware of who he had let slip through his fingers. He spoke in the same language that the voice spoke to him in. Soon the voice spoke in a more modern tongue.

“Luke, We have a problem. The Dark Magician was a pupil of mine, and one of the ones that the three are looking for. Keep me informed on Kaiba, for I think he might be the last of the Pharaoh’s priests. I will see if I can find out if Kaiba is the last of the priests.” The voice said as the mirror changed to a normal mirror, and Luke passed out.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

“Thanks Yugi. I knew I could count on you.” Mokuba gave Yugi a genuine smile. Seto himself would never admit it, but despite their rivalry in the Dueling arena, Yugi was perhaps the closest Seto had to a real friend. And although this was all still so much for them both to take in, Mokuba was relieved to finally have someone to confide in with this whole issue, and now he didn’t feel so helpless anymore. Taking a notepad and pencil from Roland’s coat pocket, Mokuba quickly began to write.

“Here’s the name and address of the school, and a few other names you might want to look into.” Mokuba explained, detaching the sheet he’d just wrote on and giving it to Yugi. “Sophia Grissom is the headmistress, and there was a Rita Carrier chaperoning for a field trip to KaibaCorp a couple of days after the meeting. I have my eye on a few others too, but no solid leads on them yet.”

Once that was done, Mokuba quickly slipped the notepad and pencil back into Roland’s pocket. Hopefully these leads might be useful to Yugi, or at least help him to stay safe in all of this.

“Be careful, Yugi.” Mokuba warned one last time, genuinely concerned for him. “My brother would never let anyone get the better of him. If he really is in some kind of trouble, who knows what these people could be capable of?”
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 12-03-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi listened to what Mokuba said, and took the names he had written down from him. Looking over the names nothing sounded out of the norm. This whole situation was a lot to swallow. He was being hunted by people that he didn't even know. However, that was not too abnormal for him. Many different people have come after him, and targeted the people around him just to get to the Pharaoh that lived within the millennium puzzle.

Giving a sight he looked to Mokuba. He had a high respect for not only Mokuba, but his brother. Yugi didn't know how Kaiba felt, but to him Kaiba was a friend plane and simple. Then Mokuba warned him once more to be careful. Something Yugi already knew. Kaiba was smart, and not easy to get the jump on. So if something did happen then they were more dangerous than anyone he has faced yet.

“I will be careful. But I should be saying the same to you. If Luke is right you won't even be safe in the confines of KaibaCorp.” Yugi said in a concerned voice. No matter what they need to find the truth, but they both need to be careful. “Well let’s get this started. Mokuba. If you need anything just let me know. Don't do anything to dangerous by yourself.” Yugi said as he put the paper in his pants pocket. He started to walk away from Mokuba since it wouldn't be too smart to leave at the same time. “See you around Mokuba.”

-------

The old witch and her companion reappeared in the deepest reaches of a cave, this portion of which received only a bare minimum of the sunlight outside. Here they could recover themselves until the time would eventually come for them to return home, though as they had previously agreed, Aaron would set out to collect enough life force from the locals for the witch to be able to restore her youth. The Maiden of Macabre arrived with her captive in short order, and the witch looked away from them to address Aaron instead.

“We’ll wait here until you return, but don’t be too long.” The witch instructed Aaron, her tone more serious and straightforward than before. “All three of the sacrifices must be in good condition, but if he insults us again, I don’t know what I might do.”

Once that was settled, the witch found a place apart from the two spirits to sit down, barely giving the Dark Magician a brief sideways glance before looking away.

“Rest while you can.” The witch said plainly, still looking away from the Dark Magician. “And don’t think your interference has stopped us in the slightest. The ritual will proceed as planned, and we still know where your Pharaoh is hiding.”

Aaron looked to his mistress with a smile on his face as he had to use his power to keep the magician in this world for the moment, though he didn’t mind. It was all for his mistress' sake, and for her he would do anything. Once everything was settled, and the magician was inside of the cave he looked at his master with a smile. “As you wish. I will be back soon.” He said as he turned from Neema and walked over to the Magician. “I will be sure to return to make him suffer for disrespecting you.” He said as he placed his hand gently on Mahads face. He was going to enjoy making him suffer. “Until then.” He said as he walked out of the cave and disappeared long before fading from the light.

Mahad was taken to a cave who knows where, and held prisoner. His form didn’t fade like it should have when the energy from the young man that materialized him disappeared. So his form was being sustained by another. This was going to be a problem, but there was nothing he could do about it. He was now at the mercy of the woman that once had him wrapped around her finger. As his two captors spoke he just closed his eyes, and waited for the man to leave. Was he also under a spell that caused him to act in this manner?

However his train of thought was interrupted when he felt a hand on his cheek. His eyes opened immediately and looked into the eyes of the man that had accompanied her here. A look of disgust in his eyes as he tried to pull himself away. Then the man left, and Mahad could only shudder at what he had in mind for him. Though, for now he was left alone with Neema. He didn’t know if talking to her would be wise, but he had nothing better to do, and any information he could gather would help in the end. “Neema, why are you and you sister obsessed with getting revenge?”

“Not just revenge. If that was all we wanted, we could have had all three of you sent to the Shadow Realm by now.” Neema replied coldly, standing up and turning to face him for the first time since they arrived. “Instead, you and the others are about to pay us back in more ways than one. You sent Mekare to the Shadow Realm, but now the three of you are going to help us bring her back. A fair trade for what you’ve done to us, wouldn't you agree?” She said, her tone becoming somewhat lighter, but this time with a sharper and more sarcastic edge to it.

Mahad could only shake his head at what Neema said as he looked her in the eyes. She was serious about bringing her lost sister back from the shadow realm. That was not an easy task, but how did they play a part in all of this? Well it became apparent what she meant, but Mahad kept his cool as he looked at her with serious eyes. “How did we play a part in your sister's death? You were the ones that used Magic to sneak your way into the palace by manipulating the Pharaoh, Seto, and myself. We were not the ones that tried to control the Winged Dragon of Ra and turn it against the Pharaoh. We didn't force you to do such a thing. You did all of this of your own free will. So how can you hold us responsible?’

“You drove her to it, that’s how!” Neema snapped. “Everything Mekare did, she did for us, so that we could have a better life. But she always knew you never liked us, that you wouldn’t think twice about throwing us out on the street once the royal court grew tired of us; I never wanted to believe it, but you yourself confirmed it just now.” Her voice faltered slightly at that, but she collected herself and continued.

“We never even planned on manipulating anyone: not at first. Mekare knew that the only way our new life would be secure was if we all married into the upper class, but none of you showed any interest in us, so we had no choice but to take matters into our own hands.” She explained, her voice and expression briefly softening, but she collected herself yet again.

“But even then we still had the other Sacred Guardians and the gossip in the royal court to deal with. No matter how much influence we had, it was never enough to protect us like Mekare wanted, so we continued to fight back the only way we could. Then the spell was broken and the Pharaoh banished us; just like that, everything Mekare had worked so hard to give us was gone, and that was more than she could take.” Neema shuddered briefly. “I don't know if it was all the stress building up until then or just the sheer humiliation of that one moment, but her mind was completely gone, even before Ra finished her off.”

For a moment Neema said nothing, unsure whether to lash out at Mahad or to break down right then and there. “So much suffering, and all of it could have been avoided; all you had to do was accept us willingly, and then we never would have needed to take such drastic measures.” She straightened up, managing to calm herself to a degree. “But at least now we have a chance to save Mekare from the shadows, and you three are going to help us do it.”

Mahad shook his head at what was said next knowing that this young lady never knew the truth. He may not have had feelings for the women, the Pharaoh did like their dancing. He thought they were like swans on the water, and were a mesmerizing sight. Given time he might have even fell for one of them, bt that all died the moment they placed them under their spell. “How would you have know what was in anothers heart? You only assumed that he would have thrown you out. You never gave the chance for anything else.” Mahad said as he closed his eye remembering the past as he spoke once more.

“The Pharaoh fought against his own counsel to allow you all to stay and perform in the courts long before you decided to weave your spell. He loved watching you sisters dance, and he was even thinking of allowing you to stay in the palace as long as you wanted so you would continue dancing for him. He had no plans about throwing you out to the wolves. Yet you betrayed that trust and placed a spell upon us confirming the council's first thoughts about you.” Mahad said as he opened his eyes looking at Neema once more this time with pity in his expression.

“Deceiving the Pharaoh is what led him to banishing you. If you would have never cast that spell. If you would have just trusted that your skills as a dancer would be enough none of this would have ever happened in the first place, and your sister would have never died.”

Neema looked back at Mahad in silence, but this time the shock and anger from before was no longer there, replaced with only a muted confusion.

“He and his court would have grown bored with us sooner or later, or years later our beauty would fade and we would be too old to continue dancing. When that time comes, would they still care enough to keep us around?” Neema said, but this time there was very little emotion in her voice, as if she were merely repeating a quote from someone else.

“I used to think like you did. It felt like a dream come true when we were invited to the palace, and I always dreamed of how happy we would be there.” Neema recalled. “But Mekare always knew better; she knew we were only allowed to stay because we amused the Pharaoh’s court at the time, not because they truly cared about us. Even you admitted it just now, that all you and the other Guardians ever felt toward us was hatred.”

Mahad closed his eyes as he thought on her words. She seemed convinced that the Pharaoh would have thrown them out on the streets. Though he didn’t know what would have happened in the future. The Pharaoh was more kind hearted than most gave him credit for. “How can you know what would have happen in the future. Not even the most powerful sorcerer can look into the future and see what happens.” Mahad said as he looked to her and opened his eyes.

“We guardians never thought of you in any regard other than you were not acting like you should. We never hated you, we were cautious about how you were. Not many people would try and get close to the Pharaoh without an ulterior motive. We are positioned with protecting the Pharaoh no matter what are personal obligations. Our lives belong to the court Noting more nothing less. As Guardian our personal feelings are irrelevant to our duty.” Mahad said as he looked at her. Though he would never admit that he had loved watching her dance. Although he didn’t allow himself to be anything other than what he was meant to be. His personal feelings were irrelevant.

Neema stayed silent for a moment, hesitating to respond. What Mahad was saying now made sense, at least to some degree. She had to try to set aside these thoughts, knowing how dangerous it would be for her to get confused now, but somehow those same feelings of pity were beginning to creep back into her mind.

“Perhaps… but none of that matters anymore. There's no going back to how things were before.” She said soberly. “At least now we have a chance to start a new life, once Mekare is restored. And this is the only way to do it.”

Mahad just looked at her shaking his head once more. “That which has been lost should never return to living. Those that dwell on the past shall forever be stuck amongst its pages. You need to free yourself from the chains that bind your heart, and allow yourself to see what you are doing is wrong.” Mehad said as he looked down at the ground. He didn’t know if his words fell on deaf ears, but he needed to try. He may not have loved her like she may have wanted, but he did have feelings for her. That was something he couldn’t deny, and who knew what would have blossomed from those feelings if they wouldn’t have scorned the Pharaoh. Mahad was about to say something else when a portal opened up in the cave revealing Aaron.

When he entered the cave he looked at Neema and could see that she was a little confused about something. This troubled him as he walked over to her placing his hand on her shoulder. “Lady Neema, I have the energy that you requested.” He said as he held out a small blue orb containing the life energy he stole from a young girl. His eyes shot up and looked at their captive. Was this all his doing? “Are you okay my Lady?” he asked in a kind voice as his eyes narrowed at Mahad.

“Yes.” Neema said simply, reaching toward the orb. The life force sealed within flowed into her, her wrinkles smoothing away and her grey hair reverting to its original black.

“I just need to be alone for a while. This has been quite a day, and no doubt I’ll be expected back soon.” She said nothing further for now, her expression showing no clear emotions as she left without another word.

Aaron was surprised when his mistress didn’t say much when she decided to leave the cave. She just left with little said. Something must have happened while he was gone. The venomous look in his eyes as he looked at the Dark Magician was abnormal for the man that was standing in front of the spirit. Walking up to the spirit he looked him in the eyes, and a sinister smile crossed his face. He would make him suffer for whatever hs did to Neema.

“You have made my lady upset and you have made her suffer over many years. I think it is high time you feel what it is like to suffer. I will make sure you watch as the light fades from your Pharaoh’s eyes. That is a promise from me to you.” Aaron said as he pulled out his deck, and looked through the cards. Finding the card he wanted he placed the deck back into his pocket. “Well until my Lady returns I will be keeping you company.” He said as he reached his free hand out and touched the magicians face gently. “Now let’s have some fun shall we!” he stated in a seductive voice as he stepped away from the Dark Magician. He activated the card in his hand, a ball of energy replaced the card. He walked up to Mahad and placed the lightning ball into his chest. An electrical current ran through his body. Mahad screamed as unrelenting pain coursed through his body. Aaron’s smile deepened as he watched him suffer.

“That which has been lost should never return to living.”

That one statement defied everything that they had worked so hard for. Neema, Nakhti, their closest allies… all of them had lived far longer than any human should have, and all for the same purpose. Rescuing Mekare from the shadows had been Neema’s first and only priority in life ever since she and Nakhti left the palace, for their family to be reunited so that they could start a new life.

“Those that dwell on the past shall forever be stuck amongst its pages.”

And perhaps they were, Neema realized. Their greatest accomplishment to speak of since Mekare’s passing was this school and the others like it, but even that was born of the mission that Reshef had given them. They had survived the millennia, but had any of them ever truly lived?

“You need to free yourself from the chains that bind your heart, and allow yourself to see what you are doing is wrong.”

How could he be so sure of that? He never knew Mekare like she and Nakhti did! If he had, then he wouldn’t be so sure that it was so wrong to deny Mekare a chance at a new life.

But before Neema could think on this any further, she could feel a surge of power rippling through the air, accompanied by a scream she immediately recognized as Mahad’s voice. Running back to the cave, she saw what Aaron was doing and ran toward him.

“Aaron, stop!” Neema said, dispelling the Raigeki spell before stepping between Aaron and Mahad, collecting herself for a moment. “Not like this…”

Aaron watched as Mahad continued to scream and writhe in pain as the spell continued. He knew that a spirit would be able to withstand a lot before being damaged. Hell spirits never received permanent damage. So he had no qualms of making this man suffer. However, it seemed his mistress had different plans. She screamed at him to stop, and even dispelled his spell. Getting in between him and Mahad to enforce her stance. Aaron looked at her a little confused. Tilting his head to the side examining her at this moment. She knew that he was not going to die, or receive massive damage. So, why would she stop Aaron from torturing him?

“My lady? Why should I stop. You know he is not going to receive damage that will affect his body, So, why stop me? “ He asked with a genuine curiosity.

Mahad tried not to scream, but the energy that was running through his body was almost more than he could bear. Closing his eyes, all he could hope and pray for was that this would end soon. Not too long after that the spell was broken, and he fell to his knees breathing hard. Granted he wouldn’t receive damage because of what he was, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t feel pain or anything like that. Hearing Neema’s voice he opened his eyes, and looked at the woman as she stood between him and his assailant. Had his words gotten through to her?

Neema hesitated to respond at first. Why did she stop him? It couldn’t be because she had decided not to go through with this after all; she loved her sisters too much for that. Or maybe some part of her still felt sorry for Mahad, since he and the others had never truly deserved any of this… but it couldn’t be that either, could it? After all, even Mahad had said earlier in the alley that all he felt toward them was hatred… but perhaps that was just an impulsive statement in the heat of battle?

There was too much that she would have to think about, but for now, one certainty was still clear.

“Reshef wants them all in good condition. That includes their sanity.” Neema said, reasserting herself again. “A spirit tortured into madness is no good as an offering. And besides, this is neither the time nor the place for that; we have to secure him first.”

Aaron looked at Neema still a little confused about the way she had reacted, but the logic was sound. She was right that this was not the time or place, but she was wrong about him going mad. If it wa that easy to corrupt his mind then they wouldn’t be looking for revenge. Smiling he bowed to his mistress. “I will leave him be for now my lady, but soon it won't matter. He will suffer for his crimes before he is sacrificed. A promise I made to you that day so long ago.” Aaron said as he stepped back from Mahad. The priest may have escaped his torment now, but he will make sure to make him suffer till the time for him to be offered to Reshef.

Mahad was surprised that Neema protected him from her minion. He was sure that she was angry at him, but in the end she was still going to sacrifice him. However, the name of the recipient of the sacrifice rang a bell. His master Amun had spoke about the Dark God Reshef, and how he sealed the God away in a sacred tablet where he wouldn’t ever be able to get out. If the Dark God has found a way then it wouldn’t be good. His master told him that it would take a great amount of energy to free the God. What did he ask of them for a sacrifice to free him? He knew it wasn’t their lives. What was strong enough to free the Dark God. “Don’t walk down this path.” Mahad said as he tried to stand, but his legs weren’t allowing him to stand.

Neema was about to respond to Aaron when Mahad spoke his warning. Something about the name Reshef had clearly upset or frightened him, though Neema herself only vaguely knew it from the pact she and Nakhti had made with Reshef, and even then she had been too overcome with grief at the time to truly understand what they were doing at the time.

“Why not?” Neema asked Mahad, genuinely wanting to know. What was it about Reshef that so disturbed Mahad?

Stopping his struggle to stand he looked up at Neema with a concerned look on his face. Did she really not know who she had made a pact with? Was Reshef just using her and her sisters grief to force them to do his bidding? So many questions ran through his head and none of them could be answered. He could see in her eyes that she was willing to listen to what he had to say, but if she would heed his words were another story.

“He will not grant you what you desire. All he wants to do is destroy the world, and make it a living hell for those that survive. My master was barely able to seal him away so long ago, and not without sacrifice. A demon like that shouldn’t be allowed to walk the earth once more. Breaking his seal would be welcoming death to the world.” Mahad said as he was still trying to get his body to work again. If this was their plan, he needed to get away from them as soon as he could.

Neema’s face instantly turned several shades paler. All she had wanted was to bring back Mekare and put all of this behind them, but never could she have imagined the cost to be so high! Did Nakhti know about this?

Just then, a small handheld radio activated on Neema’s belt.

“Neema, where are you?” Nakhti’s voice asked over the radio. “What’s taking you so long?”

Startled, Neema quickly picked up the radio and activated it.

“Nothing. Just a distraction.” Neema said quickly, her mind still processing what Mahad had just said and trying to get over the shock of it all.

“We should go. Nakhti’s waiting for us, and she and I will have much to talk about tonight.”

Aaron was not interested in what that bastard Mahad had to say, but for some reason it shook up Neema a little. Looking at Mahad his eyes narrowed as the spirit was trying to get back up, and try to escape. Though after what he had put the spirit through he was surprised that he was even able to still move. He shook his head, and decided to keep his mouth shut. It was not his place to say anything.

Mahad saw the look on Neema’s face, and knew that she had no idea what she had gotten herself into. It might not be too late to make her change her mind on what she was doing, and see the light of what she should be doing. However, before he was able to stand, or say anything to try and convince her that his words were true. He heard Nakhti’s voice over a radio that was attached to his captors belt. He still struggled to stand, but his freedom was becoming a distant memory. He felt someone pick him up, and saw that it was a spirit. This must have been Aaron’s spirit, but he didn’t say a word. He knew that he needed to find out what they were going to use to free the Dark God, and then find a way get said information to the outside world. He can’t allow the Dark God to be freed. So he was just going to play along for now. “Our lives for your sister’s. Will killing us bring you happiness?” Mahad said as he was being dragged towards Neema.

Neema froze for a moment, glancing at Mahad. She couldn’t bring herself to say anything, one way or the other. This was all so confusing, and there were no words yet to truly describe how she felt on the matter, especially since there was so much that she apparently did not know.

“Like I said,” she said after a thoughtful pause, her voice slightly quieter than before, “Nakhti and I will have much to talk about.”

Leaving it at that for now, she proceeded to walk back to the school grounds, motioning for the others to do the same.

Mahad didn’t know what was going through her mind, but he knew that there was no way for him to escape just yet. He would need to find a way to be able to escape, but at the same time he didn’t want Neema to sully her hand in the blood of the world. Giving a sigh as he was dragged behind her and Aaron. He was not looking forward to seeing Nakhti nor what they had in mind for him. All he could do was hope that the Pharaoh and his fellow priest Seto were still free.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast