Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: [IC - PG13] Yu-Gi-Oh! The Witches' Wrath [Yami & Celeste]

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default DOUBLE CO-OP

Upon their arrival, preparations were made to secure the Dark Magician in a more manageable physical form. In a large cauldron, a pale brownish liquid slowly simmered, thickening into a bubbling gruel as Neema looked on, while the Dark Magician himself remained bound close by.

“It’s almost ready.” Neema said as her sister entered the room. “But before we start, there’s something we need to talk about.”

“Not now, Neema. The remaining spells must be cast while the mixture is just right.” Nakhti replied, focusing on the gruel as it slowly began to rise.

“I’m not sure if it can wait…” Neema insisted, breaking Nakhti’s concentration as the gruel abruptly plopped back into the cauldron.

“You’ve been acting strange ever since you got back.” Nakhti noted with a visible frustration. “Did he get to you again?”

The look on Neema’s face at that moment told Nakhti all she needed to know.

“I thought so. Go outside and get some fresh air before your next class. You’ve done enough for now.”

Neema almost continued to insist, but Nakhti’s expression made it clear that now was not the time, so on that note she took her leave.

“Now we must infuse the mixture with his spirit, and then the vessel will take shape on its own.” Nakhti explained, turning to face the two men waiting nearby. “But first, are the binding spells ready? I don’t need to remind either of you what might happen if his power is let loose.”

Mahad just stood there while the four sorcerers were hard at work trying to make a shell for his spirit to inhabit. He knew exactly what they were planning yet there was nothing he could do about it with his form currently being restrained by his connection with Aaron, and Neema’s magic. Everything was falling into place for them. Closing his eyes as he was trying to break the chains that bound him.

Aaron had arrived with the Dark Magician as well as Lady Neema. That was when everything started to fall into place, and they began to work on a better way of securing Mahad. Even with his magical energy he would be unable to keep the spirit in physical form, and he could return to his master's side if he slipped up even a little. So this was the only way. But it required four of them to be able to restrain the power of the Dark Magician. Since the spells were complex, and took a lot of energy to cast. Neema would make his body, where lady Nakhit will have control over his form. He will be sealing Mahad’s spirit into the body. Where his brother will be the one to keep his magic in check. Everything was in place, so the only thing left was to cast the spells, and be done with it.

It seemed Lady Neema was having issues, but Lady Nakhti sent her way for the moment. He didn’t know what the wretch told her, but he would make sure to make him suffer even more till it was time for him to be sacrificed. However, that will have to wait till the time was right. He knew that the sisters would be upset with him if he went too far, but what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them.

“Of course lady Nakhti. His power is too great to be left to chance. I would hate to have to fight him. If I remember correctly he and Seto were on even terms when it came to power, and he was a pain to put in his place.” Aaron said as he looked over to Mahad with a smile on his face. “Sealing his form, and power will be a walk in the park compared to fighting either of them.”

Clay shook his head as his brother spoke. “You really need to learn to keep your mouth shut.” Clay said as he looked over at Mahad whose eyes were closed. “There is no reason to spell out everything to him. He will know soon enough that his efforts will have been in vain. Vexing him now would just be a waste of time.” Clay said as he touched the back of his gloved right hand. “When the time is right we will be ready my Lady.”Clay said as he knew the time was almost upon them to cast their respected spells.

Mahad opened his eyes, as the words were spoken form Aarons mouth. It seemed that he was not their only captive. His worst fears were realized. Now the only thing that was stopping them was the Children of Shadow, and the Pharaoh himself. “You are falling into the same trap you sister did so long ago. You should learn from the past, and choose the right path. Your sister would have wanted you both to be happy, not riddled with ambition to do the unthinkable.”

“You and I both know Mekare was never that forgiving, or that quick to give up after coming this close.” Nakhti retorted. “Is that what you told Neema? That this was all about ambition? Unfortunately for you, the designs of Reshef are far more complex than that. But I’ve said too much already.”

Stopping on that note, Nakhti looked down at the gruel, which by now had thickened to a consistency similar to pastry dough.

“It’s ready. Aaron, put him inside and shape it in his likeness. Clay, prepare the binding spells.”

“You are right. Forgiving was not in her repertoire, but surely she wouldn’t want you risking the world and yourselvs just to bring her back? Reshef is not a God that will take kindly to failure. Nor is he accustomed to keeping his word.” Mahad said as he struggled to try and break his restraints once more. He couldn’t allow himself to be bound by a physical body.
    Aaron smiled as he approached Mahad. The time has come to take this Priest, and bind him once more to the physical plain. Then he could not run from his punishment. Since he has a magical connection to the Dark Magician at the moment he was able to grab a hold of his arm. “You may think you know everything, but you're nothing more than a hypocrite.” Aaron said as he drug the struggling Mahad over to the vat. Once he reached the cauldron he began to speak his spell as he lifted the spirit into the cauldron dropping Mahad in as the gruel began to take shape.

Clay wasted no time casting his own spell as Mahads body began to form around his spirit. He knew that one little slip up on the timing of his spells would allow Mahad a chance to fight back. So he needed to be precise. There was a total of three different spells that he was casting on the gruel to bind Mahads power, and the seal was going to be attached to his magical power. There would be only two ways of breaking these spells. One would be for Clay to willingly give up his magical power completely, or to take Clay’s life. Either way it was highly unlikely that either of these scenarios would come to pass.

Once Mahad was in the mixture of clay and magic he could feel his bonds released, but now he was unable to do anything other that struggle to cast a spell before their little ritual was completed. He knew that there was no way he could cast a powerful enough spell to escape his fate, but he could cast a spell on himself that wouldn’t allow his power to be completely sealed away, but his magical energies were already being sealed, and he needed to hurry. All he could do was hope that his spell would at least be a little effective.

The mixture formed around him creating a shell that would become his prison. Struggling as much as he could even though it was futel. As the spell continued his vision became cloudy, and his senses were becoming blocked. Suddenly all of his fight was drained from him, as the spells were being completed.

As the structure of the body was beginning to solidify, Nakhti placed a small part of her own power into the body, ensuring that she would maintain control over Mahad’s physical prison. Then the new form became stable, and now Nakhti knew that their work was done.

“He’s ready.” Nakhti said simply, ignoring Mahad’s earlier remarks for the moment. “Let’s take him downstairs and reunite him with his old comrade.”

As soon as the spell was completed Clay reached into the cauldron, and began dragging Mahad from his curreled position. The Magician didn’t put up any fight as Aaron approached him with some robes, and the brothers promptly dressed him. Then they took him by the arms, and they both were ready to move their new prisoner to his cell.

Mahad was not used to be in a physical form like he was currently in. Not to mention that his power was sealed. No matter how he looked at it he was now in trouble. He was trying to keep himself passing out, but it was hard for him to keep his eyes open. Even through his rough treatment. His captors drug him from the room, and quickly made their way through the dark halls of the school to the staircase that would lead him to where he was sure he would be imprisoned. Mahad was starting to regain his senses, but a little too late as he was drug past Setos cell, and placed into his own cell.

His fellow prisoned didn’t even see fit to see what was happening outside of his cell ,and just kept his eyes closed. Clay and Aaron drug Mahad to his bed, and left his cell. “Hope you like your new acomitations Mahad.” Aaron said as he looked at the man with a sinister smile. “I am sure that I will be seeing you soon.”

Kaiba’s eyes opened when he heard one of the two brothers say the name of his fellow captive. The name sounded familiar, but at the same time he knew he had never heard this name before. He closed his eyes as the two brothers left to go and get their mistress, and Kaiba stood up, and moved to the door. Not caring that Rita was still there. “Who are you?”

Mahad was able to finally get his bearings, and stand up after the two men locked him in. His legs were not really working right, but he needed to know where he was and what he possibly could do without his magic. Then Kaiba spoke to him asking who he was. He knew that the man wouldn’t believe him, but he had pride in who he was.

“My name is High Priest Mahad. I am one of the Pharaoh’s Guardians, and the mage that is the Dark Magician. I have been and always will look after the Pharaoh in this life and in the next.” Mahad said as he shook his head to finish getting the grogginess out of his head, and before Kaiba had a chance to talk he spoke once more. “I know who you are already: Seto Kaiba, President of KaibaCorp. However, you are also High Priest Seto, another of the guardians of the Pharaoh.” Mahad said as he could hear footsteps coming down the hall.

“I don't know what in the world you are talking about.”Kaiba scoffed as he was not in the mood to hear more of this nonsense. “You are as delusional as the whole lot here. There is no such thing as past lives or magic.” Kaiba said as he returned to sitting on his bed.

“Don’t bother; you could turn him into a toad, and he still wouldn’t believe you.” Rita said, eyeing the new arrival. “It makes no difference to us either way, but if you were expecting him to be of any help in whatever escape plans you were thinking of, you’re every bit as delusional as he thinks you are.” She was just about to settle back down, but then quickly stood up straight as she heard footsteps approaching.

“The Headmistress is coming. Both of you, behave.”

Mahad was a little taken back by Kaiba’s response, but truthfully he didn’t expect much from Kaiba. The man was as stubborn as a mule when it came to anything that modern science, or technology couldn’t explain. Shaking his head as Rita began to speak. “Kaiba is not as dumb as you think he is. He is just closed minded to the possibility that there is something out there that is beyond the control of science. It is understandable for him to be a skeptic.” Mahad said as he heard the stepps getting closer. “She is your master not mine.” Mahad said as Nakhti came into view.

The torches on either side cast an ominous glow over Headmistress Grissom as she walked down the spiral staircase to the lowermost floor. The hallway was lined with countless cells, but only the three lined up in a row at the far end held anything of interest. Two of the cells were currently occupied, and soon the third would contain its own occupant as well, but all in good time.

“Headmistress.” The female graduate standing guard between the two cells politely inclined her head. The headmistress nodded back, then turned to face her two captives.

“No doubt the two of you have had enough time by now to become reacquainted with one another.” Headmistress Grissom mused. “I imagine your stay here hasn’t been particularly pleasant, but don’t worry. Your suffering won’t last much longer…”

Having said that, the headmistress then turned to address the female guard.

“Your replacement will be here in a few days.” The headmistress explained. “I have a new job for you.”

Kaiba and Mahad were both silent since their conversation not too long ago. They were both thinking on different things when Nakhti appeared in front of their respected cells. Mahad had nothing to say at what the witch commented on. There were more important things to him like waiting to get his power back. It seemed that when he was forced to take a physical body his power had yet to manifest themselves. So all he could do now was wait for them to come back, or Seto to regain his memories.

However, Kaiba had his own thoughts about what this snake had to say. “How can you be so blind. I have never met this man a day in my life, and he is just as crazy as the lot of you. Magic and past lives are nothing but hocum. You all need to stop reading children's books and get your heads into the real world.” Kaiba said as he just sat on his bed. There was no reason to stand up for this woman. Though he was curious about what she meant about giving Rita another assignment. However, before he could say anything the voice of the man named Mahad spoke up.

“I know what you are planning, and you must stop this insanity. Your sister is gone, and you need to accept that fact. She will never return to the land of the living. Nothing that has passed from this world should return. Also do you think the Pharaoh wont have someone looking out from him? Just because I am stuck here doesn't mean that he doesn't have people looking out for him.” Mahad knew exactly what this woman was wanting to do, but he was not in a position to help his Pharaoh.

Nakhti ignored Kaiba for the moment, knowing full well that he wouldn’t believe in any of this anyway. Mahad, on the other hand, had just made a point that was worth addressing.

“I’m well aware of the Children of the Shadows, Mahad, as well as how far they’ve spread over the years.” Nakhti replied. “But we are not as ill-prepared as you may think. Much has changed since we last saw each other; this very school is but one of the many fruits of that change.”

Letting that thought linger for a moment, Nakhti stepped back so that she could face both Kaiba and Mahad at the same time.

“Rosewood is one of many schools we’ve set up over the years, but the real value is in what our graduates do when they leave.” She began to explain. “I always knew you and your masters would pose a threat, Mahad. The Children of the Shadows are an army; we would need our own army to stand against them. And more often than not, when the graduates learn our tale, they are more than happy to help us in this task.”

With that out of the way, Nakhti turned to face Mahad in particular.

“There are indeed many others besides you guarding the Pharaoh, Mahad, but there are just as many - if not more - waiting to take him down once and for all.” She spared a glance to Kaiba out of the corner of her eye. “So for both your sakes, forget whatever hopes you may have of ever leaving these grounds.”

Mahad looked at Nakhti with a serious yet worried look on his face. In all of his years he never would have thought they would have been able to prepare this well for his Pharaoh’s return. Let alone be able to find him so easily. Let alone finding not only him but his fellow priest. Seto seemed to have no memory about his past. This is going to cause a problem later down the line. “You might have amassed an army to fight for you, but how many of them truly know of your past, and how many people you have sacrificed to get here?” Mahad asked as he stood up off of the bed.

Walking over to the door he looked through the barred window at the woman that had tricked her younger sister into signing a contract with the Dark God Reshet. The one that was as blind to the truth of what she was wanting to do. At least her sister had some semblance of sanity. Though he decided not to mention that fact to Nakhti. “You may think that you have the upper hand, but you don’t understand that no matter the numbers that you have. My master is still stronger than any of you, and the members of the Children of Shadows are hand picked by him. You should know that numbers don’t make an army.” Mahad said in a serious tone as he looked her in the eyes.

“I will not allow you to keep me here as soon as my power returns to me, you won't be able to keep me here and you know it.” Mahad said as he knew this was going to nip at her pride. He didn’t care what she thought of him. He was one of the most powerful mages in the pharaoh's court. And if Seto didn’t have Kaiba chaining him down there would be no way that they would be able to hold him either.

Kaiba rolled his eyes at the conversation that the headmistress of this school, and the young man that thought he was someone named Seto that he knew from the past. Everything that was happening now was even worse. He was growing tired of all of this, and the fact that he was being ignored was something that he was not tolerating too well, but at the same time at least he could get away for all of the crazies that have come into his life.

He laid down on his bed, and closed his eyes. He was not going to be involved in this conversation. He figured that Rita was being reassigned because of everything that he has been able to do under her watch. He smiled slightly as he just listened to what was being said. He was not going to let this get to him anymore.

“Amun is indeed more powerful than us, and not even Reshef the Dark Being can defeat Amun on his own.” Nakhti said calmly. “But that will all soon change, now that everything else we need has been conveniently gathered in one place.” She shot a glance to the other cell, the occupant of which had apparently decided to take a nap.

“You might want to pay attention, Kaiba.” Nakhti said, raising her voice slightly but showing no signs of anger or annoyance. “After all,” she smiled at him, “this will involve someone you’re undoubtedly quite familiar with.”

With that out of the way, Nakhti then turned her focus toward Rita.

“Now then, about your new assignment… I assume you know of one Yugi Muto?”

“Yugi Muto?” Rita’s eyes grew wide, an amused smile growing on her face as she briefly gave Kaiba a sidelong glance.

“The same. Now listen carefully.” Nakhti continued. “Yugi is the third and final piece of the puzzle. He carries the essence of the final sacrifice, and he also has three cards of utmost importance. Capture him and the three cards, and then the Final Ritual of the Ancients will be ready to proceed.”

“I’ll get started right away.” Rita said eagerly, politely inclining her head, but then Nakhti signaled for her to stop.

“No, not yet.” Nakhti began. “Miss Grissom and Professor Nightshade already tried to take him and failed, thanks in no small part to our newest guest.” She shot Mahad a brief glance, then continued.

“Now we must wait until we can catch our enemies off-guard, and when that time comes, I want you to approach him on more… friendly terms.” Nakhti explained next. “Befriend him, seduce him… whatever it takes to gain his trust. Once you’re in his good graces, you can find out where he keeps the three Egyptian God Cards: Slifer the Sky Dragon, Obelisk the Tormentor, and the Winged Dragon of Ra. And then, when the time is right, we’ll take him and the Egyptian God Cards in one strike!”

Kaiba was settling in when the Headmistress spoke to him, telling him that he might want to pay attention to what she was going to say next. He was about to wright her off. However, the name she said rang a bell, and he instantly opened his eyes, and got up off the bed. He looked out the window, and could tell this was amusing them, but that was not the reason he got up in a hurry. This reminded him of when Ishizu had spoken to Yugi about his supposed past, and his. Also something hit a cord when the name Amun was mentioned. A sense of pride filled him, and even though he didn’t know who this man was it felt like he knew him

His mind was working, and it seemed Yugi was this Pharaoh that they were looking for. Everything was starting to fall into place now, and he shook his head. He didn’t want to believe what was going on, but he knew the threat was real. Taking a deep breath he blew it out slowly trying to get his mind in check. Because, he knew that Mokuba would most likely have gone to Yugi, even though Kaiba would have been against it, and if they go after him, then they would go after his brother as well. He needed to get out of here, but how was still a question he needed to answer.

Mahad just looked at them, and as soon as he could get a word in edgewise he began to speak. “You will not be able to defeat my master, nor the children of Shadow. You are nothing to him, and if my sacrifice kept you away form the Pharaoh then it was worth it. The young man that allowed me form will be able to protect my Pharaoh in my place.” Mahad said as he stood up proudly and looked Nakhti in the eyes.

“Yugi will not fall prey to your tricks. He is a strong young man, and is willing to help the Pharaoh in his journey. You are nothing compared to him, and he will succeed in helping the Pharaoh. He may walk a path full of danger to himself and his friends, but not once has he faltered. Unlike you. Letting your sister die because you were powerless to sand up to her, and tell her that what she was doing was wrong. We are not responsible for her death, but you are” Mahad said as he narrowed his eyes. He spoke the truth, and he knew she might not want to hear it.

Before Nakhti could say anything, however, it was Rita who spoke up first.

“That’s enough out of you!” Rita snapped at Mahad, a sharp pulse of magical energy rippling through the air, but then she collected herself as her own familiar appeared at her side.

Gorgon the Witch Queen was also none too pleased with the Dark Magician’s little outburst. All DARK Spellcasters were her subjects, and this blatant disrespect on his part would not be tolerated. Beginning to aim her staff at Mahad, Gorgon was fully prepared to show this upstart why she was called the Witch Queen, but Nakhti intervened.

“Patience, Majesty. He’s only trying to provoke us.” Nakhti said calmly. “He knows the fate that awaits him and the others is far worse than he could ever imagine, and now he’s so desperate as to hope to be struck down in a fit of rage.”

Gorgon was not particularly amused by the interruption, but had to acknowledge that Nakhti was right. Standing down for the moment, Gorgon nevertheless continued to maintain a watchful glare in Mahad’s direction, silently warning him to watch his tongue. Gorgon’s attack strength was on par with that of the Blue Eyes White Dragon, so the Dark Magician would be wise not to provoke her further.

“But it’s good that you’re here, Gorgon.” Rita then added. “The binding spells carved into his physical form won’t keep his power under control forever, but he is one of your subjects, so your special ability will help keep him in line.”

Gorgon smiled at that, a deep, sinister chuckle escaping her lips as she looked at Mahad with a newfound amusement.

Mahad showed no fear of the appearance of Gorgon. He had said what he said on purpose in hopes that one of them would strike him down. However, it seemed he didn’t make them mad enough to attack him. They say through his attempt. Even though she stood down he knew that she was nowhere near calm. She tried to intimidate him, but that was not possible. He had already resigned his fate, and if he could get them to kill him then the Pharaoh would be safe.

“Just because you gave me a physical body, and confined my power doesn't mean I will bow down to you or the spirits that are your allies. I am a proud man and spirit, and the Dark Magician will not falter to you. My master is the Pharaoh, and no one else.” He said looking at Gorgon with a smile. “You might be able to keep me in check, but that will be it.” Mahad said as he closed his eyes.

“Then perhaps you will bow to your Pharaoh’s head, after I mount it on my scepter.” Gorgon bristled, but remained calm for now. This mage continued to seek to try her patience, but two could play that game. Before she could say anything further, however, a laugh suddenly rang out from the other cell.

Kaiba started laughing at what was being said. He just couldn’t stop. Once he got his laughter under control he just shook his head. “You people are just naïve. Do you really think that Yugi will fall for your tricks. Or to a duelist that doesn't have respect for her deck or cards. You are dreaming.”Kaiba said still chuckling. He didn’t comment on anything else since he didn’t believe that any of them were speaking the truth.

Rita turned to look back toward Kaiba, briefly unable to hide her surprise. So it was true after all, that Yugi and Kaiba did share some degree of mutual respect despite their fierce rivalry in the Dueling arena. In fact, although Yugi was currently the reigning world champion, it was no secret in the Duel Monsters circuit that it was Kaiba who had truly pushed Yugi to be the best, whether he had intended to do so or not. That was interesting to know, but Rita decided not to comment on it just yet, instead focusing on one other comment on Kaiba’s part that had caught her attention even more.

“The Headmistress never said anything about dueling him, but now that you mention it…” Rita trailed off, her gaze wandering toward Nakhti, who pondered it for a moment.

“I’ll allow it if you wish, but if you do duel Yugi, maintain as much discretion as possible. We don’t want to draw attention to ourselves.” Nakhti said at last. “It may even help to use the Familiar system: something to give him more of a challenge than the usual set of rules.”

“Thank you, Headmistress.” Rita smiled, inclining her head once again.

Mahad bristled at the spirits comment, and even he was losing his temper. If he had access to his power he wouldn’t stand for her to speak like she was. Opening his eyes as they narrowed as he looked the spirit in the eyes. “You are nothing but the dog of a woman that has little respect for the balance of the world. I would rather die than bow to you for any reason.” Mahad said as he was letting his temper get the best of him. “Nakhti, Someone like you should learn from the past, and not try and make the same bad decision once again. This time the Pharaoh might not be willing to let you go with just a warning.” Mahad said with an angry tone.

Kaiba just shook his head. “You will not be able to win against Yugi. So you might as well stay home and play with your deck. If I was not able to beat him you don’t stand a chance.” Kaiba said with confidence. “Besides I never mentioned the fact of duling him. Since you are not worthy. I said someone like you would not be able to pull the wool over his eyes. Learn to listen to people when they talk.” Kaiba said as he crossed his arms, and wondering what in the world these people thought they were capable of.

“There’s only one way to find out, but that can wait. Dueling Yugi isn’t our first priority.” Rita said casually, humoring Kaiba for now. “But I still have ways of getting what I want from people like Yugi. Maybe if you’re lucky, you’ll get to see for yourself.” She said, but then left it at that for the time being. She didn’t have much particular interest in either Yugi or Kaiba, but was especially fond of showing regs - especially males - just how powerless they really were against someone like her, and since she and Yugi would not be dueling each other in any official tournament, it would be that much easier for her to get away with certain ‘unconventional’ methods.

“I’m not making the same decisions, Mahad. Our goals are not so narrow anymore.” Nakhti said calmly. “Mekare had ambition, and the will and cunning to fulfill that ambition. But you and your masters couldn’t stand to share power with someone like her, could you?” She accused. “That’s all it was. You were all born into the upper class, and now you’re all jealous that three street performers could rise to that same level of power. But when all this is over, we will reign over far more than just Egypt.”

On that note, Nakhti approached Mahad’s cell. “But for now, I think it’s time for you to rest for a while.” She said, briefly looking into his eyes. The physical body they had made for Mahad was essentially a life-sized puppet, and Nakhti retained some degree of control over it. Now Mahad’s mind would be forced into the deepest recesses of the puppet-body, leaving him fully conscious but unable to move or speak until Nakhti willed it. For the time being, he would be a prisoner in his own mind.

Before Mahad was able to say anything in response to Nakhti’s claim her eyes met his, and suddenly his mind had no control over his body. The form that imprisoned him collapsed to the ground and you could here the crack of his skull against the floor. However, there was no blood nore was there any sounds of pain. The body he was in had none of that to worry about. It was only a shell to begin with. Yet now Mahad was trapped in this form unable to move or say anything. This was the first time she had used her power over his new form, and Mahad didn’t like what was happening to him. However, he was sure that this was not the last time she would ‘toy’ with him in this manner.

Kaiba shook his head once more as he turned his back to Rita. “You might think you are high and mighty, but just remember this. Not everyone reacts the way you want them to. I tricked you into falling for my trap, and I was able to escape. Even if it was just for a short time. Yugi might be more trusting than me, but I am sure that he will not fall to your ‘charms’ as easily as you might think.” Kaiba said as he then decided to stop this pointless conversation. Though he heard the sounds of his fellow captive hit the ground. Since he didn’t know what happened because he was not paying attention to what was going on between the other two . He wondered what happened, and felt pity for the man, but he refused to show any emotion. “I thought you said you needed us in prime condition. Not injured.” Kaiba said as he laid down.

Not caring what was said or done from that moment on he closed his eyes, but instead of falling asleep he began muttering something under his breath. Kaiba was not aware of what he was saying but Seto needed to talk to Mahad, and the best way to do that was to chand a simple spell that would allow him to talk to his fellow priest in the realm of dreams. Once the spell was finished Kaiba fell to sleep, and Mahad’s fake body closed its eyes. Doing this set him back from being able to switch with Kaiba, but it was a necessary evil.

Once they were in the dream realm they would both take the form of their past lives. Dressed in their robs the two men met by a great tree that existed in the world. Well they more appeared in the world together. They looked at one another as Seto was the first to speak.

“Long time no see Mahad.” Seto said as he looked Mahad in the eyes not allowing the man to exchange the same pleasantry he continued to speak. “Who would have thought that I would be reborn in this era. To a man that has no belief in Magic. Maybe it was fate for this to happen to me after what I did.” Seto said as he closed his eyes.

“The world is a mysterious place, and the Pharaoh I am sure holds no grudge against you for what happened. You were possessed by the darkness. You can’t hold yourself responsible for all of your astons.”

“I am not as innocent as you think. However, there is more urgent matters that we need to discuss. That is why I used some of my power I was saving to bring you here.”

“I know. They are wanting to sacrifice us as well as the Pharaoh to the Dark God Reshef to bring back their lost sister. Something that needs to be avoided at all cost. If he awakens it will be the end of the world.”

“That is true Mahad, but I am not able to do much in my current situation. I am trying to gather energy to cast a replacement spell. To allow me to take control of Kaiba's body. However, they are giving Kaiba the same potion they gave all of us long ago, and it is hindering my awakening. Not to mention every time I use my power. If Kaiba was more accepting of his power this would be a lot easier.”

“Well Kaiba is stubborn, just like you are. Birds of a feather and all.”Mahad said as he looked to the sky. “As for me they have bound my spirit form to this physical shell, and they have power over it. From not allowing me full function, to sealing my magic. I have no power, and that is frustrating. Though, I guess it was inevitable that this happened. We just need to find a way out of this place, and protect the Pharaoh.”

“Well Kaiba has made some friends amongst the students, and I placed a protective spell on one of the ones that knows I exist inside of Kaiba. If Fate is on our side then we might be able to escape this fate. If not all I can hope is that Master Amun and his apprentices will be able to protect the Pharaoh in our stead.”

The conversation continued for quite some time as the night and the spell continued on. Once they finished talking they returned to their physical forms and slept the remainder of the night.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

A few quiet days passed with no substantial leads. Mokuba couldn’t contact Yugi as often as either of them might have wanted, lest they run the risk of being caught by the spies Luke had mentioned, and there was very little to report anyway. Kaiba continued to practically lock himself away in his office all day, and the few nights when Mokuba got to see his brother, he barely even had a chance to really talk to him. In addition, in between helping with the investigation and taking on more and more hands-on responsibility at KaibaCorp, it was all definitely starting to take a toll on the younger Kaiba, even though Mokuba himself made a point never to show fatigue in public.

However, Mokuba did eventually confide in Yugi regarding another suspect: Kaiba’s newest bodyguard, Clay LaVell. Kaiba had once sent Clay out on an unspecified errand, but had refused to explain to Mokuba what that errand was. And more recently, Mokuba thought he saw some kind of bracelet hidden under Clay’s sleeve, but couldn’t tell if it was the same kind of bracelet that Luke had shown them. It wasn’t enough to clearly prove that Clay had anything to do with Kaiba’s strange behavior, but Mokuba resolved to keep a closer eye on the man.

Then one morning, about an hour before the Game Shop was set to open, Solomon Muto walked up to his grandson’s room and politely knocked on the door.

“Yugi, look here!” Grandpa Muto said cheerfully. “Someone left you a present in the mail!”
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 01-11-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It has been several days since this whole thing started. Yugi has been doing his normal thing during the day, but at night he has been working with the information that Mokuba had provided him to try and help with his brother. In fact his friends have been worried about him, so he relented and told them a little bit of what was going on. Though he left out most of the details, and asked them not to get involved. Though what little he could do was not bearing any fruit. He was not a computer expert like Mokuba and Kaiba, and he didn’t have any connections.

All he could do was try and find out by word of mouth about the school, and the names Mokuba provided him. Few people have even heard about Rose wood, let alone anything about the school. So for now he was at a dead end. Sitting at his desk he looked at the new information that Mokuba had provided him, and it wasn’t much. Just something about Kaiba’s bodyguard Clay possibly having one of the bracelets that Luke told them about, but nothing solid. Yugi knew this was going to be difficult, but he was hoping that something would have come up by now.

Giving a sigh, he placed the paperwork in the drawer along with the crystal Luke gave him, and shook his head. There was no information to pass on so he has yet to contact the man.

‘You mustn't get discouraged Yugi. I am sure we will be able to find what we are looking for.’ Yami said as he appeared next to Yugi.

“I know, but it is hard to keep your spirits up when nothing is coming up.” Yugi said as he looked over at his partner, and friend. He knew the people he was hunting were after the Pharaoh, but for what reason was still unclear.

‘Time might not be on our side, but we must have faith that….’ Yami was saying as a knock on the door could be heard. Both Yugi and Yami looked to the door. Yami disappeared, and Yugi went to answer the door.

When Yugi opened the door his Grandpa was standing there holding a package, and he has a smile on his face. It seemed that Yugi had mail, and this perplexed Yugi slightly. He didn’t understand what n the world this was, and he was not expecting any packages in the mail. “I wonder what this is.” Yugi said as he took the package, and invited his Grandpa into the room. He didn’t keep too many secrets from his Grandpa so this was not abnormal for him.

Yugi opened the package. There was a letter that was folded on top of a weird looking blanket. Yugi too the note and set it on the bed, as he pulled out the blanket. It was a light green wool design, and had pockets of different herbs sewn into the fabric. T was the most awkward thing he had ever seen, and the sent that came off the blanket was a little overwhelming.

“Yugi?” Grandpa Muto said as he looked to his grandson.

“I have no idea.” Yugi said in response as he placed the blanket back into the box, and picked up the letter opening it.

Dear Yugi:

I know how weird this must sound coming from a complete stranger (or maybe you’re used to it by now, being famous and all), but the truth is I just can’t help these feelings I have for you. Could I possibly meet you at Domino Park, just this once? I understand completely if you’d rather not, so I also made you something that I hope you’ll enjoy either way.

Rita Carrier

Yugi blushed slightly as he read the letter. He had never received a letter like this before, and it shocked him a little. However, this was short lived once he read the name attached to the letter. The name was one of the ones that Mokuba had given him earlier, and someone he couldn’t find any information on.

“Well looks like you have an admirer.” Grandpa Muto said as he looked at his grandson. “You should go meet with her. I would do you some good to get a girlfriend” He said in a light hearted tone. As he walked to the door with a smile on his face.

‘Looks like our fortune is changing.’ Yami said as Yugi set the letter down, and looked out the window. This would be the best and only chance he would probably get, and he was not going to waste it. Though he wondered what in the world she must have been thinking to reach out to him of all people?

Stepping out of his room leaving the blanket in the box, and made his way down stares. He grabbed a bite to eat, and then made his way out of the shop just as it was opening. His grandpa waved to him as he was leaving to go to the park. The letter didn’t give a time, but since this was the weekend there was no school. He didn’t want to miss her and begin his personal investigation. Though little did Yugi know that the herb’s were part of a spell, what spell would depend on what Rita did next.
    Last edited by Yamimoon; 01-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Domino Park was busier than usual at this time of year; the vibrant green landscape and small playgrounds for children gave the park a quaint small-town charm, and the weather today was perfect for going outside and getting plenty of fresh air.

But Rita had other things on her mind at the moment. She hid behind a tree, searching through the rivers of faces entering and leaving the park. Yugi was impossible to miss in a crowd, and sure enough, he arrived at the park in short order and was now looking around. He’d gotten her message, that much was clear, though it surprised Rita that he would really agree to come here so easily, especially since he had apparently come here alone. But who was Rita to complain?

Waiting a few minutes more to let Yugi settle into his surroundings, Rita took the time to open a small powder compact and straighten up her appearance a bit, quickly combing her mid-length black hair to smooth it out, and then adding just enough makeup to compliment her fair complexion and make her light green eyes look a bit less piercing. This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and she had to make sure everything was perfect.

With that taken care of, Rita put away the compact and peeked out of her hiding place one more time to check that Yugi was still there, and then finally proceeded to approach him.

“Hi... I’m Rita.” She said timidly, her eyes modestly downcast. “Did you get my message?”

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi didn’t know who he was looking for, as he walked around the park. The only thing he had was a name, and that was little to go by. The only thing he could do was walk around the park, and see if someone comes up to him. After what felt like a long time he decided to take a set at a bench and take a breather. Averting his eyes to the sky he watched as a bird flew over him. Then he heard a meek voice right in front of him, and he looked down to see a girl standing there. She seemed to be timid, and looked almost scared that she was meeting him.

Yugi smiled like he always did as he reached his hand out to her. “Yep. The gift you sent was of an interesting design. Did you make it yourself?” Yugi asked trying to get the girl to loosen up. She may have had the same name that Mokuba gave him, but she acted so meek and timid that he wasn’t sure if it was the same person. “Why not take a seat, and we can talk a bit.” Yugi offered as he still kept his guard up, but at the same time he was being his normal self.

‘Yugi be careful this girl is not what she seems.’ Yami warned as he could feel something from her. Something that almost scared him. He didn’t know what it was, but he could tell that she was not as timid as she plays herself to be.

--------

It has been quite a while since Luke saved the Pharaoh, Lost Mahad and he began his investigation into Kaiba’s disappearance upon what his master and Mokuba siad. This was all becoming more complicated than he first thought it would be when his Master Amun sent him on this mission. Sighing as he looked to the mirror his master has been out of touch since he told him about Kaiba, and the loss of the Dark Magician. Maybe there was something he was missing, but he has yet to find what that is. So until something comes up he will have to wait to take action.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

“Actually yes.” Rita replied, managing a slight blush as she sat next to Yugi at his request. “My family always believed in following your own path and being whatever you wanted to be, so I explored quite a few potential hobbies growing up, including knitting.”

Deliberately hesitating for a split-second, Rita then met Yugi’s gaze. “How about you? Well, Duel Monsters obviously, but do you have any other hobbies?”

Even as she spoke, however, Rita could feel a strange vibe coming from Yugi, as if he didn’t completely trust her yet. That was to be expected though, since they literally just met, so for now she let it slide.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi was confused by his partner's words, but took his warrining to heart. Though right now he knew he was safe with all of the people around him. He say her blush, and smiled. “Well it seems your family is nice.” He said as he chuckled slightly. Then she asked a question that seemed innocent enough so he had no problem answering it.

“Well I love card games. Tough puzzles are my specialty.” Yugi said a little embarrassed at the simplicity of his hobbies. However, because of that he was able to meet the Pharaoh, and even make friends. Though he was curious as to why this girl had a crush on him? He had never done anything to get the attention of any girl. Though he didn’t know what to talk about next. Should he ask her straight out, or beat around the bush?

“So, Do you have any plans today?”

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

“I didn’t exactly come prepared, but...” Rita said, though she contemplated the idea a bit more. This was quickly becoming awkward, but maybe doing something together could help them both to loosen up, but now the question was what? By all accounts, Yugi was like an open book, and there was one idea that came to mind without her coming across as too forward.

“Maybe you could show me around your grandfather’s store?” She suggested. “I wanted to go sooner, but I was always too shy... and then after that, who knows?”

Unbeknownst to her, however, a familiar face was entering the park at about that time.

Mokuba, in between helping with Luke’s investigation and continuing to help run KaibaCorp at the same time, had taken on a much larger workload than usual at the company nowadays, becoming a more and more frequent sight at the company’s central headquarters while his brother withdrew more and more into his office. Now it had reached a point where Roland had all but insisted on giving the boy a break and letting someone else take over.

Roland had wasted no time voicing his concerns directly to Seto Kaiba, knowing that Mokuba’s well-being was more important to the elder Kaiba than any work-related matter. Kaiba agreed with Roland, who was then assigned to take over the day-to-day responsibilities at KaibaCorp while Mokuba would have the rest of the day off, with Clay being assigned to guard Mokuba while the younger Kaiba was out.

Mokuba, for his part, was more than a little annoyed that his brother had arranged all of this without even bothering to tell him first, but if Seto really thought this was for the best, then Mokuba could accept that. Besides, there was no denying that Roland was right; Mokuba would be no good to his brother or to KaibaCorp if he kept burning himself out like this. And having Clay around might give him some time to get to know the man better and hopefully put these suspicions to rest once and for all.

But as they entered the park that day, Mokuba immediately recognized Yugi talking to someone on a park bench. He didn’t see right away who the other person was, but when he finally did recognize her, he quickly turned away before she could see him.

Was that... Rita?!

“There’s Yugi, but it looks like he’s busy right now.” Mokuba noted to Clay, keeping a polite distance from Yugi and Rita as he passed them by so as not to interrupt them.

“So, how’s Damien doing?” Mokuba asked Clay next, mostly to start up a conversation and make things less awkward, but also to avoid looking too conspicuous.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yugi could tell she was a little embarrassed about his suggestion, but this was the best way he could think of to find out the truth of what was happening. He smiled at her as he stood up and reached out a hand to her. “Well that would be a great idea.” Yugi aid as he waited for her to take his hand. There was still so much he needed to know, but for now he would take her home, and get a couple of things from his room. “Then shall we go?” Yugi asked as he began to lead her from the park to his Grandfather's card shop.

==========

Clay had made sure that he was assigned to watch over Mokuba as he took his trip outside of KaibaCorp. Though what he didn’t expect to see was Rita with Yugi. He knew that she was assigned to bring the Pharaoh to the school, but he just wasn’t expecting to run into her. This might cause a couple of problems.

He had noted several times where Mokuba had been moving around the company in a suspicious way. That was why he forced the young man to take on more and more of the company's day to day operations. That way it would keep him bussie. It worked for the most part, but there were some drawbacks. Like what was happening today.

Like he feared Mokuba had seen the happy couple as well, and he seemed a little on edge. Clay was beginning to think that he would have to intervene soon, if Mokuba did anything else that might cause him to think he was up to something. Then Mokuba asked about Damien and a small smile formed on his face.

“Well he is doing well, and looking forward to seeing you again. He was so happy to find someone that was as interested in a rematch with.” Clay said with a slight chuckle in his voice. Everyone involved though Mokuba would lose, but that wasn’t the case. Oh well it really didn’t matter. “So I know you wanted to come to the Park, but my I ask what you are wanting to do?”

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

“Lead the way...” Rita said, letting Yugi take the lead from here. This was going more smoothly than she could have ever imagined, and soon they would be at the store and could see how things would go from there.

“I didn’t exactly come prepared...” Mokuba trailed off for a moment, watching as Yugi left. He and Yugi would have a lot to talk about later today, but not in front of Clay or Rita, both of whom were still suspects for the time being.

That and Mokuba still couldn’t stop thinking about the sudden increase in his workload at KaibaCorp. It wasn’t like Seto at all to let things accumulate this much at work, and even during his busiest days, he would always go out of his way to avoid burdening Mokuba any more than what was absolutely necessary. Mokuba was always more than happy to take on some extra responsibility if it would give his brother a break, but this was definitely not normal, and that coupled with the specific circumstances of some of the meetings and other company matters he’d had to deal with were more than enough cause for concern. Was this the work of another of KaibaCorp’s competitors trying to sabotage the company, that it would require so much more of their time than usual? Or worse, could those witches Luke told him about be involved in this?

Mokuba didn’t know what to think right now, but now that he officially had the day off, now was as good a time as any to try to relax and think this through more clearly. He wasn’t lying when he’d told Clay just now that he hadn’t come prepared; it had never even occurred to Mokuba to take the day off until Roland had intervened, and he’d never really gone anywhere without Seto before except on official business such as his stint as Battle City commissioner.

“Want to get some snacks?” Mokuba offered, figuring that might be a good place to start. Yugi would undoubtedly return to his grandfather’s shop sooner or later, but making the most of this day off would be the best way to pass the time until then and also put both him and Clay at ease.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast