Thread: [M] Wolfenstein: The Old World - OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    You and I both know my standards are nonexistent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default [M] Wolfenstein: The Old World - OOC

Spoiler: Rated M 

THE OLD WORLD

Steel. Stone. Concrete for miles. I wonder if there's anything in this world worth saving. Desolation. Tyranny. Enemy of endless might. I wonder if I have any friends left standing. It comes down to it, I'll fight alone. But I'll promise you this: friends, if this is where they're keeping you. I will find you, and set you free.

You know the story, everyone does, it's in all the history books. September 1939, the start of the Second World War. A long and bloody conflict, brought to a close at the birth of the atom bomb. Unleashed, it rained nuclear fire upon the innocent, so revealing the ultimate sin of man, and humanity was never the same. Surrender followed immediately, and the war was won.

You know how the story ends, everyone does, it's in all the history books. December 1948, the end of the Second World War. The Nazis unveiled their secret weapon, and brought the United States of America to its knees. 200,000 dead, Manhattan in ashes, the Statue of Liberty silhouetted by a black nuclear cloud. Surrender came just days later.

So began the Nazi occupation of America, and the rest of the world. A dark chapter for which there is never likely to be an end. The planet was torn down and reforged in the image of the Third Reich.

They say that history is written by the victors, and they're right. The Nazis won the war, and we became outsiders in our own country. Subjugated. Enslaved. Slaughtered.
    The year is 1960. The war ended twelve long years ago. Since then, we've lived in fear. This is our history.

But it doesn't have to be our future.
    The history books say the war is over, and that may be true. The Second World War may have come to an end, but as long as there is still air to breathe, our war will go on. We'll keep fighting until we're old and weak, until our flesh turns to dust, our bones to ash.
    The Nazis may have won the war, but they will never defeat us, they will never divide us. We will rise up and face the unstoppable war machine. We will take back what was lost.

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles.

“Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me."

Alex,

I dreamed of speaking to you again, and now that I have the chance, I'm at a loss for words. I'll start with these: I'm not dead.

I can't imagine what you've been through, what must have been going through your mind these past four years. God, I wish I could be saying this to you in person, face to face, but this letter will have to do for now. I hope it finds its way to you, but above all I hope you're still alive to receive it.
    Our contact in Austria was compromised, Nazi bastards were waiting for me at the train station. I won't burden you with the full story of what happened to me, you'll see that in my file anyway (more on that later). I just needed to let you know that I'm coming home, and I'm bringing something that's gonna win us this war.

That's right. I've made some friends while I've been away, and believe me when I tell you that they are our best hope of ending the Nazis once and for all. They've actually killed Deathshead, and sunk him to the bottom of the sea along with his castle: wiped the whole place out with an atom bomb. Whatever radioactive sludge remains of the famous Wilhelm Strasse is currently being eaten by fish at the bottom of the Baltic Sea, the Nazis have lost their psychotic poster boy, and that's just the beginning. My new friends are organising for a revolution, and you and me, we're gonna help them. See, we raided a Nazi communications depot, and we got our hands on a top-secret document. It's got files on all POIs in New York: anyone the Nazis have reason to believe has ties to the resistance. I'm on it, and so are you. I've attached a copy to this letter for you. The Nazis are plotting something big, something we're going to have to put a stop to.
    'We' meaning our new friends in the resistance. They've got a plan, and when I heard it involves going to New York, I volunteered right then and there.

I'll be smuggled into the city about two weeks from now, so sit tight. I've waited so long to see you again, to hear your voice. Please be alive, please be well and for the love of God, please still be fighting.

I'll see you soon,

Maddie

The Classified Document

I have translated the text from the original German ~ Caroline

Access to this document is strictly limited to those of personnel clearance level D or above. The material contained within this document should be considered highly classified, and its contents should not be shown nor recounted to anyone beneath personnel clearance level D.

The purpose of this document is to inform all relevant personnel of the death of Oberst-Gruppenführer Wilhelm Strasse, Head of the SS Special Projects Division, at the hands of the terrorist group 'The Kreisau Circle'. As you all should know, Oberst-Gruppenführer Strasse was the senior researcher and inventor of the highly advanced machines and weapons that contributed greatly to the war effort, and was therefore nearly singularly responsible for the German victory of World War 2. His contribution to the war effort cannot be understated, and it is for this reason that his murder by terrorists is especially heinous, and must be met with swift retaliation.

Before his death, Oberst-Gruppenführer Strasse had been at work on a classified project, sanctioned by the Führer himself, that would put an end to terrorism against the German people and ensure absolute loyalty to the Third Reich. In light of his death, the project has been resumed by our top scientists, and upon completion, will be initiated immediately. All research and development for this project will be assigned to the Special Projects Research Complex in New York City, America.

To ensure that the project comes to completion, all individuals on the SS Terror Watchlist residing in New York City are to be arrested and interned at the newly refurbished Grosse Memorial Prison, even those who are only under surveillance and are considered low-risk. A full record of New York City residents on the SS Terror Watchlist is attached, along with a submission template for those that the intended recipients of this document consider worthy of a place on the list.

Spoiler: Submission Template For New Individuals Of Concern 

Spoiler: SS Terror Watchlist - New York City 

It is imperative to the fruition of this project that these criminals be apprehended as soon as possible, so that they can not disrupt the delicate research involved. The destruction of Oberst-Gruppenführer Strasse's compound by atomic bomb is the final proof of a worrying rise in terror activity in recent months, as well as an indication of their acquisition of weaponry that the Reich can not excuse. As of now, a state of emergency has been declared. The general populace can not be allowed to know of the terrorists' recent victories, nor of the death of Oberst-Gruppenführer Strasse, yet all possible actions should be taken to prevent further terrorist activity.

It is up to all recipients of this document to round up the individuals on the Terror Watchlist for New York City. Should there be no positive progress on this matter, there will be severe punishment. Failure is not an option. Remember your duty to the Reich and to the Führer.

Signed,
    Obergruppenführer Heinrich Josef Krauss

The Nazis

Our war will not be an easy one. The enemy is better armed, better trained, and greater in number. They come in many forms, and understanding each and every one of them is the key to victory. From the common infantryman to the hulking Übersoldat, all of them want to see you dead, battered and broken and brought before the Führer to answer for your crimes. We will not give them the satisfaction of taking us down without a fight. We may die, but with us we shall take scores of the Reich's puppets, and put a dent in their endless army. Look upon the ranks of what you shall be facing, take note of their strengths, memorise their weaknesses, and make sure to remember the dying gasp of each and every Nazi scum you shoot, stab, and strangle.

Spoiler: Soldier 

Spoiler: Commando 

Spoiler: Rocket Troopers 

Spoiler: Fire Trooper 

Spoiler: Commander 

Spoiler: Drone 

Spoiler: Guard Robot 

Spoiler: Kampfhund 

Spoiler: Panzerhund 

Spoiler: Super Soldier 

New York City

In the aftermath of the atom bomb dropped on the island of Manhattan in 1948, the Nazis have made great progress in rebuilding the city with subservience to the Reich in mind. Their Über-Concrete allows them to erect great skyscrapers, military compounds and monoliths of dire purpose within mere weeks, and their technology remains the most advanced amongst the entirety of the civilised world. Steel and stone are the building blocks of the new Aryan world.

The boroughs of Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx are all fully liveable, all wandering radioactive fallout having been neutralised in the months following the bomb. They retain much of their previous architecture, but a great deal has been torn down and replaced with Nazi superstructures which loom over the pre-war buildings and cast their shadows far and wide, so that all who live beneath them never question the might of the Third Reich. Nazi soldiers patrol the streets; Klansmen walk freely in full regalia; English is being phased out as the dominant language; there's a proud Swastika-emblazoned flag on every street corner, and a television in every home broadcasts round-the-clock propaganda and Reich-approved programming designed to enrich and enslave. The American way of life lives on, but under the steel-bottomed boot of the Nazi overlords. The diners, the bowling alleys, the muscle cars and the baseball: it's all still here, just perverted by the red-black menace.

Manhattan remains a radioactive quarantine zone. A vast no-man's-land from which issues a pallor of sickly smog and a stench of decay. The ghosts of 200,000 people dwell there amongst the rubble and the ruin, their lives extinguished in an instant. They say they're working on making the area liveable again, that within five years it'll be clear of all fallout, but since when have the Nazis been sincere? All bridges in and out of Manhattan are locked down, walled off, patrolled by Nazis day and night. Who knows what they're really doing in there, what vile experiments they're conducting deep within the quarantine zone.

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Miscellaneous notes about the roleplay 
    Last edited by CrumpetCannon; 08-13-2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Can I return it if it doesn’t fit?
    It always fits. Eventually

Spoiler: The pretty colours hide my lack of personality 

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I will be posting a character in this!

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reserving myself a fat space my good man

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, CrumpetCannon! :3 If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Interested for sure

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I look forward to seeing all of your character sheets. Remember to read the rules, enjoy your stay, and above all have fun killing Nazis.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Name: Evelyn Morris

Age and D.O.B: 37 - June 26th, 1923

Appearance:

Photo taken in 1951
    -5’5” with a slim figure
    -pale skin.
    -blonde hair
    -blue eyes

Country of Origin:
    -United States

History:
    -1923, born to a potato farmer in the midwest
    -1941, began her nursing education (age 18)
    -1944, A year of residency. Later becomes involved with travelling surgeon, James Halsted, during residency and gaining a lot of experience (age 21)
    -1945, Shows up in New York pregnant. Shortly after she becomes assistant to Surgeon William Farwell. (age 21)
    -1945, Births her daughter, naming her Margaret Morris (age 22)
    -1947, Assists Mr. Farwell in aiding soldiers in Europe at the (age 24)
    -1948, Daughter dies in the bomb on Manhattan. She returns to New York shortly after. (age 25)
    -1948, Continues to work as a nurse within the city, taking care of those who were injured during the Nazi occupation.
    -1950, she begins to show abnormal behavior and patterns that could be considered suspicious.

Crimes:
    On the terror watch list for suspicious anti-Reich behavior
    -spending a suspicious amount of time away from home (disappearing for days on end)
    -Turning up late to work looking tired
    -seemingly angry at her daughter’s death in the Manhattan bombing
    -appears to be occasionally sympathetic to the resistance

Threat Level:
    -Low-Risk: Under surveillance for displaying or being suspected of anti-Reich behaviour (voicing contempt for the Nazi party; voicing sympathy for terrorists; neglecting to study German etc.)

Tempest-tost

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Outstanding. Accepted, and I look forward to seeing what you do with her.

Now we just need a few more applications.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Thank you!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Now for something a little different... (I hope it's fine)

Name: Benedict Eden

Age and D.O.B: 23 years of age, born June 17th 1937

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Benedict Eden 

Country of Origin: Holborn, London, England

History: Originally born in London, England, Eden was moved to Washington D.C as part of the Chief of Mission(for the British Embassy)’s entourage. Eden was the child of the Deputy Chief of Mission, Charles Eden. When his father was summoned back to London to answer to decisions made by the then Chief of Mission, his family elected to remain in America, on the outbreak of war. Though they were due to return to England once the war was over, a request was placed to the American administration following the Battle of Liverpool. Charles Eden returned to the United States to continue his work within the British Embassy, but ultimately faded from public appearances, and instead settled into an ‘administrative role’. Though nothing is evidenced as such, it was made clear by American intelligence, that Charles Eden had become an agent for British Intelligence. Whilst still a rumour, it is no doubt noteworthy.

Benedict Eden remained in Washington DC, where he attended school. When he was of college age, Eden transferred to Chicago, where he took a Performing Arts degree with DePaul University. From there he moved into working in the theatre, where he first came under our notice. The German-American Culture Chamber reported that the young man had pressed for performances of non-approved plays, such as the works of Shakespeare. Initially it was dismissed as simple dramatics of a performer, though Eden has drawn the ire of the Chamber on more than one occasion. With the reopening of Broadway in New York City, Benedict Eden has transferred with a theatre company.

Crimes:
    On the watchlist for:
    - Voicing contempt for the Nazi Party
    - Voicing contempt for Nazi/German culture
    - Suspicion of sexual degeneracy

Threat Level:
    Low-Risk

Name: Codenamed “Prospero”

Age and D.O.B: Unknown at present, presumed to be fairly young

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Prospero 

The subject appears in an ornate mask of unknown origins. One eye is clearly visible, green in colour, or blue. Unfortunately that does not narrow down the subject's identity. Prospero appears to be caucasian. He stands between five feet nine inches and five feet and eleven inches. Though he has a slim build, he is certainly athletic and contains a deceptive strength. Clothing usually consists of a white shirt, with a spread collar. Over it is a grey suit of generic sourcing. Black leather gloves remove fingerprint identity as a source of identification as well.

Prospero’s choice of weapon is usually limited to the improvised, such as the fire bomb, or “molotov cocktail”, furniture and sharp instruments. However, witnesses have claimed the assailant does indeed have access to a handgun.

Country of Origin: Unknown

History: Eye witness accounts of the assailant go back to the end of the war, though all physical evidence suggests that “Prospero” appeared within the last eighteen months. The first verified attack perpetrated by the masked man was on August twentieth, nineteen fifty-eight. Prospero utilised a fire bomb on Officer Julius König, and his Kampfhund, which was caught on security camera in the Queens district of New York City, this was after the officer had detained a suspected criminal. A similar incident occurred four weeks later, resulting in the deaths of four police officers and the destruction of property.

January fourth of fifty-nine saw Prospero intercept a courier carrying vital documents for the former Queens district governor Ludolf Schreiber. Though the contents of the documents have been kept underwraps, Schreiber’s retirement six months later indicates the importance of said files.

Something changed on the psyche of Propsero earlier this year, when he began to talk to those he left behind, vocalising his rebellion against our state. Fortunately, his subjects have been referred to ‘rehabilitation’. This annoyance has gone on for too long. It is recommended that he is shot on sight.

Crimes:
    - Multiple murders of serving officers of the law
    - Acts of Terrorism
    - Espionage
    - Possession of illegal weaponry

Threat Level:
    Immediate-Risk

Tempest-tost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast