Thread: Rate the last book you read from 1-10

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default Rate the last book you read from 1-10

Kind of like the other thread in the movie section. Rate the last book you read from 1-10, with 10 being highest.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does it count if I'm still reading it? The book is actually three in one with a combined total of 1,150 pages. Well, I'd rate it a 9 on the count I'm still reading it. Hopefully the ending will satisfy me.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Mine would be Thrawn. I need to go back and finish it but I was loving it. A 8.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Does it count if I'm still reading it? The book is actually three in one with a combined total of 1,150 pages. Well, I'd rate it a 9 on the count I'm still reading it. Hopefully the ending will satisfy me.
    Well if you have read most of it I guess you can rate it on what you read so far.

p.s. you should also say as well what book it is. (sorry if that bit wasn't clear, because this was copied off the other thread I kind-of assumed the knowledge which when posting new threads is always mistaken.)

@Tolvo; I never knew Thrawn had his own book. I read Timothy Zhan's original trilogy many years ago.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 09-19-2017 at 03:19 PM.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yep Thrawn is in the Disney canon now and got his own book titled Thrawn! And it's also by TZ.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

The New Arab Wars - Marc Lynch. 7/10

This is basically a book on the power struggles of the middle east starting with the Arab Spring. Finding decent books on this topic is actually quite hard asthere aren't so many out there. A reason I picked this one was the fact it was quite recent, enough to still be relatively up to date. It's a tricky book as there's a lot of assumed knowledge in there, most notably in the introduction, while the structure is a bit flawed since the opening chapter is basically the conclusion but once you get into the meat of it then it's very detailed and informative. Really though they should also have put in a map.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The last book I read was the Man in the High Castle; I'd give it about an 8.