Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Escape from Stranglethorn {OOC}

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Well I mean if we are going with WoW Hakkar was destroyed. I was thinking like his avatar's blood seeped into the grounds of this region and a dark aligned or self interested Druid of some fame (OC for you to use) was now drawing the power to turn himself into a serpent demi-divine unrealated to Hakkar but thematically powered in many ways like the avatar.

Wouldn't the Ata'ai be outright gone or post WoW in such small numbers it's a dying cult of a handful of people? (Hard to worship something that's literally been killed...)
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-06-2017 at 04:38 AM.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Considering this RP will at least start at the beginning of the Cataclysm, Hakkar had been defeated, however in lore he does get brought back during Cata as the Zandalari trolls wanted to use him to wage war on the other races.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Hakkar is probably a Wild God (some Loa are wild gods) like the Ancient Guardians (.i.e. Cenarius) from Kalimdor or the August Celestials in Pandaria, meaning he technically doesn't die as much as his spirit returns to the Emerald Dream.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Maybe then...this druid defected or was never apart of the cult because he couldn't worship the avatar the failed to do what it had intended in its first incarnation? Maybe Hakkar exists but this druid is feeding off the bones and absorbed blood of the previous avatar? Maybe there are two cults, one who wants the power of the first avatar and the cult that follows Hakkar in general?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah that could definitely work.

Even though I did plan on including the whole Zandalari and Hakkar subplots, I didn't plan on it being the primary focus in the beginning and something more or less appearing much later.

My primary idea for the beginning of the RP would be more survival-based, trying to survive the trolls, wild creatures and even pirates.

Your concept does actually fit pretty neatly into what I have been planning though for the overall RP.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Wouldn't the survival part still be her and her servant trying to navigate the forest to even get to this cult? (What do you want to name it and the head Druid? Or is it just this lone Druid? What race will he be? Should this be PM now?)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Did you read the PM I sent?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Just sent a reply.

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Atethecat! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

You forgot paladin for the Draenei!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Oh thanks for letting me know, I have no clue how I let that slip

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast