Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Escape from Stranglethorn {OOC}

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Finished my CS, aside from the picture that I still need to draw. I might make my other WoW character as well because I love both of them xD

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ah, if you can handle it, I say go for it.

By the way, do you roleplay in WoW?

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Sometimes. I don't play that often cause I can't pay for the subscription, but I when I do play I play on an RP server (Moonguard ftw). Most people don't actually RP, but occasionally I'll find someone to play along with lol. Most of the time I kinda keep to myself though, cause I'm a noob and I cannot burden raidgods with my presence xD

Art Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah, generally speaking the top roleplay spots in WoW are in Stormwind (the Cathedral Square, Mage Quarter), Goldshire (lol) and Silvermoon.

From what I've heard though, Silvermoon is essentially the Horde-equivalent of Goldshire (at least on MG).

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Got bored so I made my other character xD
    Spoiler: Brehkan Wintermane 

Art Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yay, I love tauren!

Accepted!

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Name: Archpriestess X’aaltha, The Shadow of Sha’tar
    Other Titles: Dark Healer, Shadow Delver, Leader of the O’kul Practice, Sister of The Scryers, Race Traitor, The Mind Doctor, A’dal’s trickster
    Race: Draenei
    Class: Shadow Priest
    Languages: Draenei, Common, Zandali (semi fluent)

Personality: X’aaltha has spent a lifetime studying the deep recesses of spiritual, and emotional pain; taking her down a road that has made her a complex thinker. The Light spurs her to look further into the contrast, the shadow of Naaru’s radiance. Following a sense of consciousness higher than the immediate conflict of good and evil, X’aaltha’s long term goals carry in the ethical nebulousness the pure desire to do good.

X’aaltha sees first the pains and shames others wear, to find the innocence and lighter the longer she studies her company. Insightful in matters of heart and mind, Xaaltha has conventionally strange methods to play councilor and guide. It is odd for her to be straightforward with her insights and finds those who speak so swiftly on what they see to be foolish.

The Archpriestess is a quiet observer first and foremost for it is her greatest discipline she has learned under A’dal. She has come to a point in her life where her insights regarding others are very accurate, no longer reviewing her thoughts with doubt or steadfastness for clarity. She is confident in what she can see of this world.

X’aaltha sees the eternal conflict between Order and Disorder and instead chooses to navigate through Chaos to create her agency.

Faction: Alliance, The Scryers, Sha’tar, and A’dal and her people above all else

Likes/Dislikes: X’aaltha enjoys those who can navigate both Order and Disorder – the rarer souls who bring both virtues to life. She has a deep passion for furthering her multi-nuanced studies of magical arts, and enjoys the feeling of those being taught by her actions. She will always hold a tender love for A’dal.

She dislikes feeling spiritually or physically dirty, tired and irritated of judgment from her own people who misunderstand her, she hates when Apprentice Nurlae fails to do as instructed.

Appearance:

Spoiler: Image 

X’aaltha, despite being of the Naaru blessed people – has a dark and enigmatic appearance that is misunderstood as cryptic or sensuous. The cast of her eye leads Draenei to distrust her, wondering what plots she has behind her gaze. Skin blue as the sweetest berries on Azeroth, horns and hooves of elongated elegance, and holy garb befitting the beautiful priestess X’aaltha brings charisma and power wherever she saunters.

Something about her looks wild – the ample amounts of brown hair that rest between her horns somehow manage to keep in control – not tangling and falling freely. She herself masters this same confusion for she is easy to peer up and down her displayed body but mystery and promise hide in plain sight.

X’aaltha’s holy station and elevation in the eyes of A’dal comes in the sigil which holds true in front of her forehead. A holy woman, a dark matriarch, a devout being to the Light, The Dark Healer is almost impossible to grasp upon first impression.

(7' tall)

Strengths/Weaknesses:

The Archpriestess is a convoluted thinker when navigating the hearts and minds of mortals. It is her niche study, and her unorthodoxy makes her supremely insightful. However she lacks many practical aspects of life, making her woefully ‘book smart’. The power of her social presence is overwhelming and leadership can easily fall on her – a position she may easily shrug off if her methods call for it. She will only do what she wants, for the goals she has in mind, making her a poor leader despite seemingly knowing so much about everyone around her.

Because her depth of emotional turmoil is so deeply rooted, she is very difficult to shock or break with pain. Her will is unshakable. She stares at the dark abyss of her own choosing.

Backstory:

For 25,000 years the Exiled Ones, the Draenei, lived in their monument to their former glory of Argus, Shattrath City. Enlivened through the ata’mal cystals gifted by the Naaru thousands of years ago, X’aaltha was born in this lit city and draped in promise of Light and the pursuit of it. Her studies through magic and religion navigated her conditioning to worship the Naaru, especially the beauty A’dal who hovered calmly in the center of this city. A living beacon of illuminating hope, A’dal’s influence over the young Draenei and her racial kin was so bright if not blinding.

For a race so long lived, near eternal, other children were few in number and scattered across Shattrath City. Her upbringing didn’t have her equally develop with her peers, instead being handled from priest to priest – the spiritual guides of her people – to gain perspective for adulthood. Already her perceptions led her to feel resistance and confusion to what every living being around her said so truthfully.

On this alien world the Draenei were bathed in The Light and the pursuit of it. But one could not be true and the other stand, so X’aaltha believed. The priests, the devout ata’mal jewelers, the initiates of Prophet Velen, the paladins, anyone and everyone who perused The Light carried with them pain and loss: none of them were so intertwined with the primal good as spoken. She was only a preteen but already she could see the empty vessels that were her traumatized people, chasing a dream and failing each step they took.

Their belief that if they chased this perfect state reflected in A’dal’s light their pain would vanish and eternal generosity would grip the consciousness of their race crushed X’aaltha’s heart. A’dal, the sentient body of light, was an aspiration, a dream that believed itself possible for the mortal Draenei who continued with the heavy burdens existentially on their backs. A’dal believed this for A’dal’s very nature was to encourage and lead always to goodness, The Light. X’aaltha saw within the lines of her society that her war-torn people were built on the ideology of something so sweet, so innocent, so perfect that it itself could not understand imperfection.

By twenty years old she rejected her priests, entering a year of deep loving weeping for the state of what she saw. A singular ideological renegade who adored and treasured A’dal with passion equal her teachers, knew that her people’s imperfection was permeant but their misery was needlessly, misguidedly, provoked to continues for thousands of years.

To forgo the sunken pain of genocide, defeat and exile wasn’t buried only in pursuit of The Light, it had to come from the ugliest depths inside each and every Draenei. X’aaltha wanted to see their rage, racism, yearning for vengeance and bloodlust. X’aaltha wanted madness to erupt from her loved ones because she knew it rest inside each of the exiled survivors. The Draenei had managed to carry their trauma from the living elders onto each generation born and raised on Shattrath City, but she rejected it. This pain did not have to be hers, but sworn to A’dal as all her kin it was her duty to heal this pain.

Prophet Velen foresaw X’aaltha’s controversy, but not the depth or direction to which it would change society. The Prophet reached out from her year of heartache and spoke to her sweetly. The young woman was marveled and touched by Velen’s compassion and wisdom. He felt good, wholesome and a pinnacle of perfection A’dal would have wanted from the Draenei. Still, she looked upon The Prophet and knew he was wrong. He did not cure the pain of his people, he had buried it. Humble and open, yet disturbed by the young Draenei, Prophet Velen gave her opportunity to prove her beliefs. In one question X’aaltha cut through the wizened man.

“If we were to find forgiveness as Draenei why do we continue to teach our young what it is they must grudge?”

The Prophet was stunned silent, perhaps catching a glimpse of the perpetual cycle she saw repeated by their own choices. His exact revelation or answer to her question was never known. The Prophet in his wisdom instead looked at her and relinquished her of the path she had been forced to take: her education and her way through Shattrath wasn’t going to be through the priests but the wisdom she already carried at such a young age.

The priests of the Draenei carried texts and crystals aimed for the practices of healing and shielding, leaving her with no formal direction in all the ancient texts and tools. X’aaltha started her spiritual question with exploring her own rage for the Burning Legion. It was an anger that made her sickly and it was not even her own. Through the culture it became a part of her body and she now purged through violently scribbled word. This word became her mantras she poured into ata’mal crystals – tainting them. Her sorrows and fears of this alternate world brought her to divinity and peace.

X’aaltha did not achieve her status of Archpriestess until her book was filled with the accounts of agony from Draenei to Draenei. Her autonomy left her to scour the souls around her, and ask questions priests dare not say. But there, behind the taboo were the tears and broken hearts she believed were there since a girl.

Their tears stained her memory, left her speechless, and tested her love for the Naaru time eternal until A’dal summoned her over one hundred years later since her spiritual quest began. A’dal asked for her to bring this book and sit quietly. The sentient light read her mind and heart, peered through her to the book she held and implanted in her a sense of confusion. A’dal did not understand her dark craft, but felt and saw the smiles of those she had managed to recover through her excavations. A’dal knew it was the pursuit of Light which was the catalyst for healing and change. It knew that without its guidance X’aaltha would not have shaped herself as she had.

In this way it felt responsible, and guilt for indirectly pushing a girl through spiritual discourse. Yet it was proud in how she became and what she turned her darkness into. While ideologically they parted, A’dal blessed this very young Draenei the title of Archpriestess. Only one hundred and twenty, among a race averaging thousands of years – this feat was profound. Priests who spent centuries in A’dal’s journey could not comprehend the decision.

X’aaltha fell into shadow, embracing the darkness of her people and brought them contrast to A’dal’s peaceful serenity. Humbled by her task, it was challenging to meet the glow of a none mortal being. How could she be the chalice for all the misery locked in a race of people?

Here she recruited her apprentice Nurlae who was only a child when she brought her in to her ways. Nurlae was quiet but accepted what she was taught as obediently as the children who were being taught A’dal’s way – she lacked the spirit of taboo and free thought as X’aaltha had. But it wasn’t required, only her duty as Draenei to follow this road to healing was needed by the Archpriestess.

Together they studied the psyche and soul, coining the term ‘O’kul’ for this sacred union of conjunct parts of consciousness. The O’kul Practice was founded by X’aaltha and socially rejected, embraced in therapeutic sessions behind closed doors of her personal temple. O’kul ate at patience and disciplined walls, it brought Draenei to be raw and disgusting with their thoughts and feelings where other parts of their life wouldn’t allow or even acknowledge.

The Draenei were not perfect, X’aaltha saw it every day.

Her work through Shattrath City was crushed by the corrupted orcs. Eight years of war brought back all the fear and loss the Draenei had tried so hard to let go. Now she too was stained and witnessed the men and women she knew so intimately be killed by Orc kind. X’aaltha followed through to the most twisted parts of her o’kul and brought this magic on the Orcs, killing many with what the Draenei saw as black magic – loss was still inevitable and Prophet Velen shepherded her, her apprentice and the small pool of survivors away from the city through other parts of the Outlands.

Misfortune wouldn’t stop, the Blood Elves led them astray from their hiding place and the only retreat was off world. Aboard The Exodus X’aaltha was left in ragefully tears to contemplate what The Prophet must have felt each day since the first genocide.

The Exodus was tarnished by the Blood Elves unknowingly and The Archpreiestess and her people crashed on Azeroth. The Draenei had to meet many strange new races on this world, joining the Alliance in hopes to avoid extinction. The O’kul Practice was almost too much for her, withstanding the reopened scars. The blood and torment locked in this place changed X’aaltha. She gained the enveloping shadows of magic. Shadow form, the ill veil of her people’s near irreparable o’kul touched her skin and became one with her. On this day she sacrificed parts of herself to further her practice.

Healing was no longer about unearthing the hideous avenues of Draenei o’kul and releasing it, now it was breaking the old ways of thought and reshaping the o’kul altogether. Prophet Velen from the depths of the settlement-wreckage of Exodus watched her gnaw at the thin sanity of their people. He objected, too swayed by his own loss and hurt to have further patience for her work.

He sent her off not back to the Outlands to help reform Shattarth City with A’dal instead to Stormwind among the Humans. Apprentice Nurlae followed loyally with her teacher and together they were regarded with curiosity and fear.

The exotic appearances of the Draenei women helped the Archpriestess find the warlocks, demon practitioners whose magic reminded her of what had corrupted the Orc in The Outlands. A young and powerful student, Morgan Cloyce (younger brother of Demisette Cloyce) was lured in by their arousing oddities. Through him X’aaltha continued to discover the depths of her darkness, and how far her soul strayed from A’dal’s ways in loving juxtaposition to its light. His connection was useful in getting to the heart of warlock society in Stormwind, her eyes watching many demented things take place in dim lit basements of the justice-rife city. Their sins stained her vision and she did not flinch. Her quiet apprentice shied but was never allowed to look away. Nurlae was starting to become resistant as she face an end to her sanity she feared she couldn’t recover from. She turned to find ways to escape while her teacher wasn’t looking.

An affair between Nurlae and Morgan blossomed, they enjoyed the spring of the Draenei’s first year in Stormwind until X’aaltha found them in lover’s bed. What exact magic she cast was a mystery to her apprentice but X’aaltha dove deep into Morgan’s mind and drove him mad. He attempted to murder his own sister who was able to subdue him. X’aaltha framed Nurlae for the crime, leaving her victim to Demisette’s judgment and the law of the city. That was until X’aaltha navigated politics of the city to sentence her apprentice to exile instead, taking the chance to escape The Prophet’s judgment, she volunteered themselves to service in The Outlands. She helped the Alliance cull their way back to Terokkar Forest and entered the destroyed Shattarath City after two years of being away.

A’dal had returned to these ruins ever faithful for the future. It touched the Archpriestess yet saddened all the same. The brighter A’dal’s light was, the darker she had to become so both forms of healing would be available to the Draenei. A’dal’s forces had severed into two factions under the banner of Sha’tar. She sided with The Scryers to access their expansive libraries, and further master the layers of her pain she felt from the symmetrical faces of the Blood Elves.

The Draenei despised her, alienated by her choices and her strange way of being which had only become further warped. It did not shake her, learning from her books of the Emerald Dream. It was a realm of such potent natural magic and power X’aaltha dabbled in theoretical thought. If she could tap into this realm, could she find primal magic to further her degeneration into the suffering of life? If she could withstand such an insurmountable force to o’kul and survive, the teachings could be returned to the Draenei and their collective soul bathed anew in neither Light or Dark – free to restart as a species.

Her O’kul Practice bonded her with powerful men and women in Sha’tar who sought her ways to find peace in their constant conflicts. One of her tended patients was the discerning Arcanist Xorith who guided her to more books regarding the Emerald Dream. The Druids kept their secrets tight, but little she could gain from centuries of mistakes or whispers were written down in his more hidden books. She was certain she wanted access to this realm and to discover for herself what may be inside. The Alliance and Horded killed Illidan, allowing her to focus on helping Shattarath City and her studies.

Peace was never long lasting, the omnipotent dragon Deathwing erupted from the core of Azroth and tarnished Stormwind along with much of the world. Finding the threat dangerous enough, she left her home and returned to Stormwind. The panic and destruction reminded her coldly of what Shattarath City looked like. In the disorder she reconnected with Demisette Cloyce who was running after her brother. Morgan’s mind had been damaged by X’aaltha’s magic, tunnel visioning him to conquest and power. He had fled to Gilneas to infect himself with the Worgen curse.

Joining her, the high rank Warlock, powerful priestess and her apprentice slaughtered undead till they could find Morgan who was already trading magical warlock soulcrafts for the bite. He was successful, ranting of the Emerald Dream. The madness of this young man caught her attention and while Morgan’s older sister was trying to calm him from his frothing dreams of power, the Archpriestess could tell Demisette was destined to lose.

Instead X’aaltha suggested for the Human-turned-Worgen to fall under her care. Knowing the reputation of the Draenei’s mystical therapies, she felt she had no other choice and handed him over. The high rank warlock returned to Stormwind with an ignorant trust of X’aaltha who was alredy whispering words of promise into Morgan’s ear the moment his sister’s back was turned. Apprentice Nurlae had to watch in silent suffering her teacher twist her barred lover deeper into his power fantasies.

Morgan was insightful, his own forbidden studies revealing him of a cult in Stranglethorn Vale that was trying to elicit the power of The Emerald Dream through the corpse of Hakkar’s first incarnation. The lead Druid was to be the master of this power, a Troll named Kahkar. The Root Drinkers of Kahkar were going to be the closest living beings outside of the tight lip Druids to hold power from the mysterious realm and X’aaltha wanted to taste it. Morgan wanted it for himself, but she was stringing him along for fare and travel to Strangelthorn Vale. During the airship ride she watched with content eye her apprentice never attempt to go to Morgan, not glance at him.

One of the Dwarves on the ship tripped and threw a wrench into an engine causing it to combust. On the spinning, falling mass of the airship Morgan was thrown off the airship first and the two Draenei women sought safety in one of the cabins while everything came tumbling down…

Additional Information:

She has strong connections with the Warlocks in Stormwind.

She has strong connections with some Aldor (privately) and the highest ranks of The Scryers.

She is nondescriptly exiled from Azurmyst Isle until Prophet Velen says otherwise.

Spoiler: Apprentice Nurlae 

Spoiler: Morgan Cloyce (GM NPC) 
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-08-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Awwww shiet, Draenei shadow priest? Nice. That's like the most detailed backstory I've ever read and I love it xD I can already imagine the dirty glances she will get from Tekazra.

Art Thread

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Here's a quick doodle of Tekazra, if you want a photo reference. I might do an actually good, not-rushed version later if I don't get lazy lol.

Spoiler: dere she is 

Art Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very entertaining read and an extremely interesting character!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast