Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds cross (P.K. X Numbers) PG-13 (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily smiled faintly. Good, She would leave Christina to Him then. Compared to everyone else's combat skills she wasn't sure if she could be put on par to the three or even the new personnel they were playing with. But it might give her a good place to measure to. as they finely reached Etmere and the others she wondered how they would split the rest of them if Christina was determined to be on opposite sides of Etmere, and she and Jhonni were supposed to be on Etmere's team...

She crossed her arms as she would stand with Jhonni waiting to see how the games would commence. Perhaps if it was intense enough... she would see more... like she had just moments before. Though she could only recall a little... she had companions... that meant something to her.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Etmere was looking over the unit roster and was moving names from one side to the other. Above the heads of each person who would be participating in the battle was a floating number created by the digital space room. "Okay, everyone. You have been assigned to your teams. Each team has a leader represented by a T next to their number. If your leader goes down, you automatically lose the round. First, to win two rounds wins the match." He looked over to Jhonni.

"Jhonni, you will be the leader of our team, Team Alpha." He then looked to Christina. "You, Christina, will be the leader of Team Bravo. Here in thirty seconds, the room will change and automatically move you to the basic base set up. Keep your eyes closed until you hear the bell ding. Ready? Begin."

After he said that last part a countdown could be heard from the room's program speaking the numbers down. When it hit zero, a loud bell rang through and the room moved them around and placed them at the new bases. Jhonni and Etmere opened their eyes. They had 8 soldiers with them. Jhonni quickly looked to them. "Let's see, this means Christina will have about twenty soldiers to work with." He looked over to Etmere. "Commander you are clear to go play against Christina." With that Etmere nodded and quickly started to go find Christina.

Jhonni then looked to five of their soldiers and pointed at each of them. "You five will be on offense. More than likely Christina's forces will try to avoid being around her, so I want you guys to follow Etmere and use that as a way to get to their base without being attacked. Etmere will already keep her off you guys." Jhonni then turned to the three soldiers left. "You three will be on defense with me and Lily. We should have about thirty minutes before the enemy offense team is five minutes from the sight line. Once they hit that five minute mark, we need to take defensive positions so that we are ready to counter attack when they enter the sight line. For now, work on building fortifications."

He then walked over to Lily and put a hand on her shoulder. He was about to say something when another soldier spoke up. "What are you going to do team leader while we work? Flirt some more with the human girl?" Jhonni turned around in a blink of an eye. As he did so, in that same blink of an eye, a long sniper rifle materilized out of the thin air and was making the air pulse with energy. "Careful what you say soldier. I may not be a commander but the level of skill between me and you is vastly different. As for who I flirt with, that is none of your business. Lastly, she is not just some human girl. Her name is Lily, someone recognized by Christina, which means this human girl possess even more skill than you do. Now get to work before I shoot you so hard, you'll be stuck on the ground for the rest of the match and then some."

After he finished speaking the soldiers quickly hurried off to do their designated jobs. Jhonni took a breath for a moment before holding the rifle in both of his hands and turning back to Lily. "Now as for what I was about to say before I was so rudely interrupted. Do you have any questions right now?"
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily opened her eyes. looking around the new surroundings before turning to Jhonni to see how he issued orders as he was the team captain. She watched the others move off to do what they were told before he faced her so she waited for what he was going to tell her to do but they were interrupted. She felt her cheeks flush but tried to remain calm since... Jhonni already seemed to have a reaction and response in mind.

"Well he's right." She managed a small smile. "Shouldn't be flirting with the human girl in the middle of a battle field." she said. "Though... wasn't that a little much?" she asked watching the solider scurry off to do his work before turning to look back at jhonni. Why was he flirting with her anyways? He might have jumped the gun saying she had more skill then him to... but she supposed she would have to see. "One question." she said. "Whats my job team captain?" she asked with a slight smile.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He smiled at her. "I haven't flirted once with you on the battlefield... yet..." He said with a teasing purrr toward her. "Of course I could change that if you want me to." He said with a sly smile before getting ready to answer her next question. "As for what I want you to do, I want you to walk around and familiarize yourself with the area in the base and around the base. We don't want you to have a too unfamiliar advantage." He started to walk toward the tallest part of the base before he turned to look at her again.

"As well, it's only too much if they don't deserve it. I'm their commanding officer both in training and on the field. Openly dismissing the officer in the field can lead to a whole platoon dying. Our empire was founded on war, and the honor that comes with it. To openly disagree with your office invites the punishment of death. Now I would never do that because it is horrific and very much archaic, however, there are some Neriaks who still believe in that sort of command. In the form of physical abuse and threat of death to make someone a good soldier, whether it actually works or not." As he spoke about it, his eyes grew clouded for a moment and his tail stilled to a halt. He shook his head for a moment clearing away the fog and looked back at her. "Anyways, due to how this form of training works, if you need to talk with someone long range all you do is put one finger to your ear, and think of the person you need to talk to, and you'll be able to talk to them as if they were right next to you." He said with a smile before leaving to get to the tallest part to make his sniper post.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily listened with a small flush. "I think you should save it for another time she told him as she slipped her sword into her belt and followed after him as he continued to speak. Right Familiarize herself with the area.. Hum. Did that mean she was to remain the objective then? She paused as he spoke about how their empire was formed, some of their old ways and what it meant. "Hum, I see." It did make sense and she found herself agreeing to an extent.

She watched Jhonni move off to find a suitable place for himself before she looked around. "hum...' She fingered her daggers at her waist before moving off to take in the area. And he mentioned that if she needed to talk to someone... well she supposed that was another wounder of this technological. She supposed she didn't need to speak with anyone yet and she didn't know any of the names of the other beastmen in the game with her beyond Jhonni, Etmere and Christina. She moved off, one hand on her sword even as it set in her belt, gripping the sheath as she began to scout out the area. How son would the 'enemy' move in? and from what area? she wanted to find a vantage point where she could see the playing field... and take in the area but be able to move in quickly.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Jhonni continued to climb until he got to the tallest part of the building in the base. As he moved throughout the area he finds different things to bring with him up to build an excellent sniper's nest where he can easily see out and shoot enemies from. Likewise though it was hard to spot him, his barrel, or the glare from his scope. Then even if you did manage to spot him, the materials were built in a way to prevent most damage from hitting him.

For now he set his rifle down in the direction of the enemy base in order to have it already set to go for when the attackers started to arrive. He grabbed his binoculars and started to observe the area. As he did so, he put one hand to his ear to activate the communications array in the ship. He gave the thought to connect to the base defense team and he started to speak.

"This is Jhonni in overwatch tower." He put the binoculars to his eyes and looked over the battlefield. "The two big players are out fighting in the forest as we predicted. It looks like only five of their soldiers are guarding their base. It's safe to assume that the rest of them of split into two teams in order to try and pincer our base. Estimate arrive in about five minutes. Make sure you are back at the base and dug into some spot by then."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily paused as she heard Jhonni's voice at first looking around for him before remembering what he'd told her. Ah... She listened quietly. Five minutes to find a suitable place for her to make a stand... but should she take up a position with the others or find a vantage point for herself alone? was she a team player? Well that had to be a yes those people she'd seen... in her memory? she couldn't remember faces but they clearly knew her and she them...

She removed her hand from her sword and placed her palms on the handles of her daggers. as she moved off, she took a few minutes to peer around again as she thought. Team player but she could hold her own, on her own. Where would she best place herself then? She had no idea... She moved off figuring it would just be best to portal in the vicinity. Still so many questions to answer and they got more complicated the more she found out. what exactly was her function? This was frustrating.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Jhonni stayed in his position keeping an eye out with the coms open. It was only a few more minutes before his gun gave the call that the enemy arrived. He took a deep breath and proceeded to let it out very slowly. As he did so he squeezed the trigger of the gun and the sniper rifle let out the loud thundering sound of his weapon. The thundering sound, acted as the signal to the defense team, that the enemy had arrived. The bullet hitting the enemy and instantly knocking him down signaled to the attacking team that they were not gonig to have an easy time.

"Alright team. The enemy is approaching from two directions. The East and the West. Close range combatants wait five more minutes for the enemy to get within your range. Middle range begin firing on the enemy." He didn't need to give orders to long range because he was the only long range on the defense team.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily looked up as she heard the thundering sound before Jhonni's voice came over the coms instructing the melee combatants to give it another 5 minutes for the enemy to draw closer while the mid ranged started laying down fire. She thought for a moment making a mental map of what Jhonni had told them before she moved off.

Five minutes later she was positioned on the west side behind some cover, her hands resting on her daggers. She watched the fire show go on for a moment before she saw the attackers take some cover to lodge themselves in place against them. from her vantage point it wasn't hard to make note of the group that broke away behind some cover trying to make their way around to flank the defenders. She watched for a moment. Even if Jhonni noticed them he wouldn't be able to pick all of them off before they got around. and his attention could be anywhere.

She put her fingers to her ear like Jhonni had told her. "There's a brake away trying to flank the west side defenders." she said quietly before getting up and moving off behind her cover. "I'm moving to confront them." She said. "How is the east side?"

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Eastside is currently on a stalemate. They're not pushing but we're not taking any of them out. Yeah, I saw your west flank. They're heading into an area that has high cover against my rounds. Central route is currently pinned down from my sniper fire though and they are slowly losing in the center. Careful though when you go to intercept them over there. You won't have my rifle behind you to watch your back but I'll still be keeping an eye on you from where I am at."

Even if it was a simulation, he didn't like having her go by herself to cover one whole flank. "I've given orders for two of the defends in the central defense to move over and guard the flank with you. They'll be there in five minutes." He didn't need any of the extra help keeping the central attack force down since his sniper rifle was way above the quality of any of the soldiers who were currently fighting on either side.
    made by the lovely karma

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast