Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds cross (P.K. X Numbers) PG-13 (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Alavanda looked around the room, remembering the last two times she'd set foot in here and rubbed her thumb along her other fingers, wanting to grip the handle of the fake sword. "Well..." she said turning back to Jhonni. "When I first came to the Orion Etmere left me here in the care of Christina, the most I can say was we skipped the basics altogether then so I think we can now." She said.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Copying her form of training is something we should try to avoid though. Mainly because as operatives we have to be trained to not only be able to fight and complete objectives, but we have to be trained to be willing to die to make the mission succeed. So our training constantly puts us close to death in the early stages to make sure that we're fully broken in before we start to receive the advanced training. You have a whole life ahead of you still. You shouldn't have to learn to die." He said with an amused but stern tone. He moved his hand in a certain motion and a virtual console appeared in the in front of him. He changed some setting and then hit start. The ground underneath them started to rise as the whole room changed to represent an area that appeared to be black crag like rocks with a deep ravine next to them. In the distance, a volcano appeared in the background and the sky above them was grey as it was covered with ash like storm clouds. Even the air they were breathing tasted dirty like it had ash in it.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Alavanda looked around the place the scenery changed along with the air. she took in a deep breath and coughed once before breathing quietly. "I suppose you could say a part of me is dead... or if I'm lucky... just sleeping." she said thought she didn't really intend for Jhonni to hear her before turning to face him again.

"Am I allowed to use my weapons?" she asked once again rubbing her thumbs along her fingers, eager once again to hold the fake blades.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Of course, it's going to be hard for you to train if you don't have your weapons. Right now, one of the requisition officers is having the police force down on the planet send your actual weapons up so that while we're out and about you'll have your actual weapons. They're gonna look at seeing if they can give them some upgrades to withstand modern weapons as well." He pressed a few buttons and her weapons appeared in the air in front of her, hovering so that she can grab them.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Alvanda seemed surprised. "Really? the real things?" She asked looking at the fake version floating before her before she snatched up the sword, with a flourish she pushed it through her belt before snatching up her daggers and spun them in her hands. It felt good to have them in her hands, reaffirming the idea that she must be a warrior. but even these weapons felt off, she knew they were fake and somehow... they couldn't reach their full potential this way... "Where should we start?"
    Last edited by P.K.; 08-11-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Of course, though, once they arrive we're going to make some needed changes to your weapons. After all, the way they are now will result in them being destroyed by our weaponry. Laser tends to melt iron and steel pretty easily. Don't worry about that though, your weapons will still work the same, weigh the same, and even feel the same. As for where we should start, I think it is best if we spawn a solder from your race. Call it a baseline to train you from. Do well against him then we make him stronger, do badly against him and we make him weaker. Almost win and he stays the same."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"I see." She wasn't sure how she felt about that but she saw no reason to argue after all he was right... "very well." she said readying her daggers ready to go at it full force... at least what she could muster at the moment. "I'm ready whenever you are."

Alavanda was unsure how much time had passed as she fought the increasingly strengthening human warrior before her. She was continually moving, even as her breath was coming harder but she pushed on. she hadn't even yet reached the level of what Christina had done to her. She needed to reach that level and push past it, she felt that sudden desire to push herself. If she was going to be going down with the group, not only did she have to prove she could fight but she had to prove she could keep up with them. and they were not human as she was.
    Last edited by P.K.; 08-18-2018 at 01:28 AM.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Christina had been watching the training for a while. She was using stealth technology that was built into her combat suit. Like the rest of the special agents, she had a custom skin suit that was developed to suit her combat style and other forms of skills. Considering she was a scout among the special forces her jobs included anything from working with her unit, to assassination missions. Her code name was Shadow due to her ability to hide and become one with the shadows.

Finally, she got tired of watching though and spoke up from behind all of them. "So the child has decided to come with us on the mission. Must have a death wish since no amount of training will make her as strong as one of us." Jhonni didn't look surprised to see Christina there. "You may be right on that front, but you're also wrong. We're training her to get her to the same level as the apprentices. I don't expect her to get to our level of combat expertise. She has no history, no modern training from what I can tell. As far as we know she has no life or death experience either. However, if she can get to the apprentice level then she should be able to survive on the missions none the less."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Alavanda looked over at Christina as she finely spoke up. But she quickly ducked under a swipe from the holoman her knife flashing out but he jumped back just enough that it didn't damage him so Alavanda pressed the advantage as he stumbled back to run her dagger through him. She spun her knife away and stepped away watching as he fell back, only a couple moments would pass before he'd be back on his feet stronger again.

This time he lunged at her, Alavanda twisted to the wide, her arm warping around his before she flipped him over, pinning him to the ground with his arm pressed hard behind him, threatening to brake it. Her breathing was heavy but.... she looked up. "I have to agree, If I'm going to advance any further then we should skip a level or two." she said. "You can't tell me that I'm currently fighting at an apprentice level now." she said adjusting her grip on the struggling holoman beneath her. "Perhaps going backwards would be a better way of gauging where I am, start at the apprentice level, if I lose go down a level." she said finely braking the mans' arm before snapping his neck.

She stood. "As it is..." she said glancing at the holoman. "I don't think I'm pushing my limitations enough right now. I might be rusty but I'm not out of practice."

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"That's alright. We have plenty of time for you to keep working your way up safely. If we start the other way and work down until you find something your level, we risk you getting seriously injured. If that happens then any training we could do would be halted since we would have to let you heal up. Which could make it so that you don't go on any mission with us." Christina started laughing at Jhonni.

"Are you sure about that? Maybe you just don't want your new friend to get hurt in general. Or is she something else to you now?" Jhonni looked like he was about ready to fight Christina after her comment. "What she is, is of no concern to you. You just want to see her get injured because unlike you, she's able to grab the commander attention, and she isn't even a nekorian. You're just jealous." Now Christina looked like she was about ready to fight him.
    made by the lovely karma

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast