Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds cross (P.K. X Numbers) PG-13 (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily looked up as the strange code played over the coms. For some strange reason the sound gave her a bad feeling. Even as Christina and Etmere spoke. Christina was beyond Jealous causing such a disruption. but this she they were talking about... she looked down as she listened to what they said. As it went quite again and the Captain asked if Etmere would fight she turned to him again. "Someone wants you to enter the battle." She said simply. In that case... this was very clearly a trap but that didn't change that they could in fact do something.

"They sent you a message you can very clearly understand." She looked to the captain. "That code was sent directly to us right?" she turned back to Etmere. "Were a part of this fight now weather you like it or not, they clearly wanted this ships attention and now they got it."
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Etmere was looking out the window at the space battle that was going on. He closed his eyes before sighing. "Fine. This doesn't mean I'm coming back though. As well, you better be ready for the hell you're going to pay captain when the general finds out that you authorized this without permission." Etmere opened his eyes and put a hand on the window in front of him and a virtual console displayed in front of him. "Authorization code required. Identifying user. User Identified. Welcome Back Commander. It has been 3982 days since you have last accessed me. WARNING! The fleet has not given you permission to use Orion. Using this console may result in punishment such as stripped of rank, jailed, or even killed. Do you wish to proceed?" Etmere pressed one of the buttons on the system.

"Access granted. Activating all weapons. WARNING! Main cannon hasn't been fired in 4000 days. Please manually check cannon for damages and dust. Activating Main Power Generator. Shields are rising to full strength. Laser Barrage Cannons are turning on. Main Cannon now online." Etmere looked over to Lily and motioned for her to come stand in front of him. When she got to him he whispered into her ear. "The code was sent to us, but I don't know if it's trap... That code... it's the code for the companion I loved, the one that is supposed to be dead... I don't know if she is on that ship, but I am certainly going to find out."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily looked down speaking quietly. "The likely hood is that its a trap." She said quietly. She looked up at him as he mentioned that it was the code of the women that he'd loved once. She was sure she had all the pieces now. She studied his face. "Are you going to go to the other ship?" she asked seriously. She doubted she'd let her come even if he planned on going. "Just don't gone alone, that's always what a trap wants." She said quietly.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"A soldier never leaves another one behind, and now that I have been pressed back into the military, I have to follow my job as a commander and do what it takes to rescue those who have been captured. At the very least, to make up for what I have done, I can go to see if there is, in fact, my lost soldier. As for going alone, if I bring someone else, I risk them getting captured too... It has to be me... I'm the only one who knows that ship... After all... It's the one that scuttled me on that planet. The one that made me who I am now, that ship is the cause. Harbinger..." He then had the virtual console controls come out to him and he grabbed the virtual controls. The lights on the ship shut off and went to a red light to signal that the ship was going to engage in combat.

As he moved the ship into combat he had to occasionally rotate the ship some which could be a little disorientation since the battlefield was in every direction being space and all. Once he got into firing range an announcement came over the intercom. "All hands on deck. Beginning primary sequence for the main cannon. 3. 2. 1. Firing." The voice was the A.I. of the ship and in front of their observation deck, a bright ball of light appeared at the front of their ship It got bigger and bigger in size until it all released in a moment. The large ball compressed into a single beam that quickly moved forward and eventually hit the enemy ship. As it moved along the side of the ship it left black burn marks against its armor.

"Main cannon has fired. Analyzing data... Preparing secondary cannons. Firing secondary cannons at smaller fighters." Everyone in their seats was working tirelessly. Etmere was already covered in sweat. There was a reason only certain individuals could fire secret class ships. The bond between ship and master was both special and engineered. Each special ship created for a certain commander to use. This one was his, his biological markers were what activated its main cannon, however, as such, the ship used a lot of its own energy, as well as some of his energy to fire the main cannon.This combination of mechanical and biological energy was what gave it it's power. Allowing it to tear through most ships with ease. It was something the other races rarely saw because it was reserved for war time and other certain situtation such as the current one now.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily frowned. She started to protest, he couldn't go alone that was just begging for trouble... she could feel it. But he was already off prepping the attack so she shut her mouth. She had to steady herself as he adjusted the ship, unsure to the movement as she watched intently the battle field. She watched the energy gather and fire with interest... she could it gathering, like drawing sensation. What a powerful source.

She steadied herself, listening to the voice that spoke up after he'd fired the first time. Her eyes looked to Etmere realizing how much of a toll that one shot had taken out of him. So it also drew upon his energy? She didn't have time to marvel at it but it was certainly something...

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The voice spoke up again. "Analyzing done. Commander, unfortunately, we have no ways of getting onto the enemy ship. Our main cannon laser, while dealing damage, is not enough to damage the enemy ship. In order to create a hole big enough to land a landing craft in the created hole. We would need the combined might of the special operations fleet. That or we would need better scans of the ship in order to find the hanger of the capital ship. For now, the best we can do commander is provide cover fire for the alliance to slowly retreat until reinforcements arrive." Etmere's fits were clenched as he watched the battle ahead of him. The A.I. was correct. There was nothing he could do about it. Even with his history of the ship, it only served to prove that he knew what the ship was capable of in terms of attacking and defending.

"You're right. At this rate though, I doubt I have too many shots left in me. Whats my energy levels Orion?" Etmere looked at Lily for a second, offering a sort of apologetic look. "Warning! Commander! Any additional shots could prove hazardous to your health. I suggest using lower blast shots to keep a sustained fire on the capital ship." Etmere looked back to the battle ahead of him and pressed some buttons on the virtual console that made it so the window almost zoomed the view into the ships around the enemy capital ship. "If we do that though the Alliance will take more casualties." He tried to think for a moment before sighing. "Unlock safety released. give power to the emergency batteries and use the kickback energy from the main cannon to fuel the emergency batteries. While it won't do much it should make it so that I'm getting around three shots with two shots worth of energy." Jhonni moved to step forward but the captain of the ship gave him a look telling him no.

"Authorization granted. On deck medical personnel has been alerted to ready the infirmary in case of injury to self. Batteries have been unlocked. Rerouting energy conduits on the main cannon. Warning! High levels of radiation will be emitted in the engineering department. Issuing level 2 emergency. All engineering personal please equip radiation suits to protect from exposure."

Etmere looked back to Lily. "You're right... The best I should do now is make sure that we can save as many humans as we can until reinforcements arrive."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Alavanda Watched having a mixture of feelings bubbling up from her gut as Etmere spoke to the computer and it responded back with the information he requested. He was going to push himself that far? to the point of danger... a bit of regret swirling in her mind as he spoke to her. But he was right... and so was she. She took in a deep breath steadying her breath, she had mixed feelings about this but she tried to calm the swirling doubt in her head. He was doing something... she just wished she could to... was there no way she could help? Her fists clenched as she remained standing, watching the screen instantly.

She was ready to do... something... but what? She was useless but she felt as if... there was something... Something she should do. Something she could do. But... what was it? Her eyes studied the screen, bracing herself against the strange movements of the ship, scanning the battlefield she could see. What was it? There had to be something she felt as if there was but she couldn't grasp it! and it frustrated her to no end.. she was so close... she'd remembered something and that memory... her name gave her something and a sense of ... power... But there was more, much more and she felt that whatever it was could be used here.. just what was it?

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Weapons charged. You are clear Commander." Etmere pressed a few more buttons and energy could be heard humming through the ship again as the main cannon started to glow with the process of another shot building up. The enemy ship knew what was coming though and quickly fired missiles that ended up hitting the Orion, causing it to lurch to the side slightly. "Fire!" Etmere said as the cannon fired. Seeing as they were already lurching from the attack the laser caused the ship to be pushed back a bit that the inertial dampers weren't ready for. Etmere grabbed onto the console to hold himself in his position as the force tried to move him backward.

"Direct hit Commander. We are seeing no signs of damage though. The enemy ship is firing more rounds at the human fleet. Human command fleet is at about fifty percent commander." Etmere shook his head. "Fire all the smaller rounds at the smaller enemy ships. Provide cover fire so that the humans can escape. Fire lasers at the smaller ships, and missiles at the enemy missiles. Prepare the main cannon for another shot." Etmere scanned the battlefield, looking for something else to shoot in order to cause a different result to happen. He saw something finally, it was an already destroyed dreadnaught class human ship. "Focus the beam cannon on that ship. Clip its side." The cannon started to glow and energy started to hum again before Orion shot its laser at the target Etmere called out.

As the beam hit the destroyed ship, it only caused the destroyed ship to fling outward into the enemy ship, crashing it and leaving some damage on the ship. "Enemy ship has been damaged. ALERT! I am detecting ships exiting hyperspace. Hail incoming commander. Patching it through." In front of them, the view of the battlefield was replaced with a large screen with the image of a Nekorian standing in the command ships room. "I should have known it was you Etmere. No one else can fire the Orion. We'll take later on your punishment, for now, send me the details Orion has collected on the enemy ship." Etmere closed the transmission and as he did so a new message appeared instead. The screen was failed with static. "Audio only captain." The A.I. said before the message started to play.

"... Etmere..... Survived..... Worry.... I... Alive... Prisoner..... Save me...." Etmere recognized the voice. It was the voice of the one he left behind. The voice of his mate. Everyone in the room recognized it and so without any orders the crew members worked to trace the message. "Commander, it's coming from the inside of the enemy ship..." Etmere looked down at the floor with closed eyes. "... Exchange... Please don't..... Scared... Save me..." Then the message cut out, returning the view of the battlefield. "Commander." The A.I. spoke up. "Attached to the message was a set of coordinates for a human world. The world is known for it's human like ruins and artifacts. ALERT! The enemy ship appears to be retreating. Allied Reinforcement fleets are moving to assist the human fleet. WARNING. Commander!" Was all the A.I. managed to say before he fell to the floor unconscious. "Contacting medical personnel. Warning! No active personnel to carry the commander!" Jhonni shook his head and walked over to the commander, putting his fingers in different vital spots to find his vitals and to make sure he was still alive. "Stupid bugger." He said with a sigh. "He's alive. Just needs a lot of bed rest. Can't blame him though, it's been a while since he has linked himself with Orion, combine that with the news that she is alive and is being held captive by the Commander's white whale..." He looked to the captain. "Do what you can to get the admiral off of Etmere's case." He then looked at Lily. "Mind helping me out. I'm gonna carry him to his room, but I won't have any hands to open up the doors because of that." He then looked back to Etmere and moved around him in order to pick him up and lift his unconscious body over his shoulder.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Alavanda stumbled to the side before being thrown to the ground. She quickly pushed herself to her knees, bracing herself till there was no longer pressure trying to force her back down. Getting back to her feet she moved back to stand behind Etmere. Taking in the battlefield with an intense gaze as she tried to understand everything that was being said. She felt so... anxious and she felt like she was in her environment but... lost. It was difficult to explain how she felt... even to herself.

She looked at large screen as the battlefield was replaced with the pictuer of the inside of another ship and one of Etmere's people on the other side. Punishment? She resisted the urge to say anything back and simply put her focus else where until the screen returned to the battle. Only then... the voice over the com seemed to make Etmere freeze up.

Alavanda dropped down as she attempted to catch Etmere as he fell. She was stunned as she stared down at him, she could feel that he was so drained, and something else... that voice. Everyone seemed to know who it was... was it... her? Etmere's lost mate? "Of coarse." she told Jhonni standing back up as he lifted Etmere up. She moved for the door to open it for Jhonni, silently following after him through the door and into the hall. As she followed close behind she couldn't help but be swamped by guilt as she looked at Etmere's limp body.

"If I hadn't said anything... he wouldn't be in this state... or in trouble with his superiors...." she said quietly She looked to the side quietly before looking to her hands. She felt so useless but she felt as if she should have been able to do something... perhaps it was just wishful thinking.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Jhonni looked to his side as he listened to her talk. He moved his tail so that it moved to touch her shoulder gently. "Calm down young one. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame me. I am the one who said what was needed to be said in order to make you want to change his mind. Even more so I know the consequence of the actions that he would have taken." He continued to carry Etmere through the ship, getting closer to his private chambers.

"Ultimately young one, we all make decisions in life, and we don't have the power to see the cause and effect on every decision. If we make a mistake then we can either let the effect play out, or try and do something else to fix the mistake. Ultimately, we won't have much of a problem with fixing the mistake that we made. The admiral won't be able to punish Etmere. The military leaders won't let that happen because of the relationship between the two."

They finally reached the room and Jhonni waited for Lily to open the door for him before talking Etmere into the room and laying him down on the bed. "Ultimately though we made the right decision. Thanks to us, he's only going to get better. We also saved who knows how many lives since Etmere decided to intervene." He then walked over to Lily, putting a hand on her shoulder.
    made by the lovely karma

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast