Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: When Worlds cross (P.K. X Numbers) PG-13 (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"Alright, I should only be a moment more." She told him as she ate a little quicker to catch up. She'd dressed tough there was powder on her cloths from baking so she figured she'd change really fast since powder just didn't come out by brushing it. Picking up the last of her food she took it and picked up the plated to deposit them in the sink before moving to the bedroom once again and pulling out some cloths that would be comfortable but easy to train in. She'd be out a moment later putting her hair up as she walked back over to him. "I think I'm ready now." she smiled. "how are you feeling about the day?"
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Worried, stressed, excited. A whole mix of emotions. However standing around talking about the emotions is most certainly not going to make it better so let's go ahead and head out. More than likely the rest of my squad, the captain, and the newer members of the ship are already down on the digital space room waiting for us." He put his hands on hips as he replied to her. His tail swayed side to side in a much more relaxed way than before.

He then gave her a smile. "Don't worry about me though, this is hardly the scariest thing I've faced before and more than like I am scared over nothing." He continued to keep up his warm smile before walking over to the door. He opened it and held it open for her, only to close it after they were both out of the room.

After which he continued to lead her back through the ship toward the digital space room. Once they arrived he opened the door and sure enough, the people he figured were there, were in fact there. Besides his crew and captain, there were about thirty other people. The new recruits. There was also a few extra people with cameras, they looked to be human and their equipment marked them as reporters from earth.

The captain came over to Etmere. "I hope you don't mind. Your work called when they heard you might be showing off your skills. They thought that if they put it up as a live broadcast to the people down below, it would make good publicity. Naturally, when I brought the request to command they agreed, saying 'It would be a good chance to remind humanity, the kind of military aid we are giving them.'" He said with an amused smile on his face.

Etmere suspected this might happen and slightly shook his head side to side. "Why am I not surprised." He let out a slight sigh before turning to Lily. "Looks like there are slightly more people here than I wagered. You ready to see me in action?"
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

lily looked over the large group of people that awaited them as she listened to what the captain had to say about the extra humans on board. Hum. She eyed them for a moment before turning to Etmere and smiled. "Of coarse I'm ready, I know you'll do just fine." She said. After she wished him luck she'd make sure to move off to the side near the new recruits but not with them, alof but still in a good place to watch Etmere as he demonstrated his skill... which now she was keenly interested in seeing.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Etmere walked about twenty feet in front of the group. "System! Recognize Administrator." There was a brief moment after he yelled out the command and then a response that seemed to come out of thin air. "Credentials Accepted. Welcome back Commander Etmere." Etmere had a smile on his face. "System! Load the open plains man and equip me with my armor. As well put an invisible barrier between me and the people behind me. Label them as Observation." There was another brief moment. Then the room quickly started to change so that they were all standing in a large open field with a blue sky above them. A second later and the air in from of the group of people changed. It went black for a moment before coming clear again to signal a barrier had been put in place.

"Loading Commander combat schematics." As she said that gear started to appear on Etmere until he was wearing what looked like a combat suit over his military clothes. "Loading completed." Etmere looked over his gear real quick. Everything was there, his sword and his rifle. He grabbed the hilt of his sword and activated it. When it activated the blade of pure energy shot out from it, making it look like a sword.

"System. Start with something easy. Start me at level five commander training." A brief moment and a response. "Starting simulation. Please wait until completion sound is made to begin fight simulation." Etmere moved into a combat stance, putting his sword in front of him in a sort of guard stance.

Quickly shapes started to appear about a hundred feet out. The shapes quickly turned into what appeared to be mechs. More and more appeared. Ten, thirty, after a few minutes there were roughly two hundred mechs standing out there. Etmere smiled. He knew the combat sound was about to come. "Watch carefully everyone. If you blink you may just miss it." With enemies in front of him and his gear equipped, his military training quickly came back. The long years he spent training, the thousands of missions that he has been on. All the enemies he has fought, defeated, and destroyed. It came back to him in mere seconds. Then, it finally came. A large Ding echoed across the open field to signal that combat had started.

Almost instantly, the mechs raised up their guns and started to fire at Etmere. Quickly he raised his sword and as he did so, the bullets ran into the blade, disappearing into nothing as the blade destroyed each bullet. He waited a few seconds in order to analyze the positions of all the mechs. Afterwards, he leapt into action. Continuing to use his blade as a shield he ran forward at such a speed that he was at the mechs in a matter of a few seconds. As he reached them he switched from defense to offense. His blade moved in a fluid fashion as it sliced through the mechs like they were butter. As other mechs continued to fire at him, he dodged, jumped, rolled, and weaved through the enemies, dodging the bullets and slicing more mechs. At this speed he slashed through the last mech ten minutes into the fight. He gave his sword a last twirl before disabling it and walking over to the barrier. "So I have more to show you, but first, thoughts on this fight?"
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

lily watched with intense interest, the reporters were a... tad distracting however even while they where whispering and trying not to make to much of a fuse. She glanced at them missing part of the demonstration but her eyes trained back on Etmere. She could follow his movements but even with that she knew he was fast. 200 opponents... and this was easy? She was impressed. She couldn't help wondering about Jhonni and christina and what level they were out. her mind drifting to the possibilities of her own prows in this field...

"Ten minutes." she murmured blinking back to reality when he was finished and looked to Etmere. When he asked if they had any questions those of the press instantly started asking questions upon question. Lily listened to them quietly but she went back to thinking over what she'd seen, a soft smile over her face as she looked to Etmere. If he was something to behold at easy what would he be like on a more difficult setting? She remained quite as the press asked their questions glancing to the toher beastmen to see their reactions.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The questions he got from the press were not surprising to him. It was mostly questions of his attention on being on earth and what had brought him. He answered them simply and told them he had found himself on earth to try and build better relations between the two races. Then the beastmen asked him a few questions, mainly wondering on how he had gotten so strong. The reporters seemed interested in this too.

"Strength... Yes I can see how you would be curious of such a thing. Lots of people seem to thing that my strength comes from having a pedigree. As you all know I am a noble of one of the great military families. My father does indeed serve as one of the military council members. If anything though, that has served as a negative to my strength. People treated me differently, always forcing me to do what is right in the name of honor. For the longest time I did what they said was right."

His hands formed a virtual keyboard in front of him and he pressed buttons on it. Bodies upon bodies started to appear on the ground around him. They were bodies of beastmen, and they were wearing military clothes. "One day, a mission went front. The ship I served on was destroyed and the survivors of the ship landed on a planet full of death. Beasts, mercenaries, even the world itself tried to kill you. I tried to do what I was always taught that was right. Slowly more and more bodies died around me." As he said this part more bodies appeared around him.

"Five of the original three hundred survivors were now alive. Me and the four others lived much longer because I dropped what I was always taught, and I relied not on what I was taught by the military and our race, but what I was taught by that world which tried to kill me. My abilities were honed because of the beasts, my senses... heightened because of the deadly atmosphere.... Even my ability to heal wounds had grown due to the violent world. Yet I was still not as strong as I am now." He pressed a few more buttons and the bodies disappeared and four filled graves appeared.

"Even with my new skills and training, it was impossible to save them When they had died it was then that I had learned. That world was not natural. It was a relic from the ancients. A race long extinct before any of our own. When I was the only survivor I was forced to only rely on myself. My skills got stronger, my mind... my emotions, they all became stronger than the hull of the ship you stand on now. You ask how I got my strength... The truth is, I got it from being the only survivor of that world. That world which I believe your human religion calls, Purgatory. Only one person can live in that world, and even then, sometimes no survivor is made. A world that is on no maps and can't be found. A world that has no sun. A world, that orbits a black hole. An artificial world. In the tongue of my people we call it... Omega. The world where it all began and where it shall all end. The soldier I was died there, and the soldier I am now, was born there."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

lily listened with interest to Etmeres unexpected story. As she listened she could feel a pressure behind her eyes and she lend her head down into one hand as she continued to listen. Her mind wanted to remember something and his words stirred emotions she recognized but couldn't place. A fear... a desperation... An anger. She waited for it to pass as she took in Etmere's words. Tragic wasn't really even a word that could begin to describe what had happened to him. He'd grown stronger from it though... and that was all that one could do from such an experience they manged to survive. As Etmere finished Lily looked up regarding him for a moment. Not only was he an Enemy to be wry of but a friend to respect.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Now let us continue the training." He turned his attention to lily for a moment and gave her a smile before turning back to face the direction that the enemies had originally appeared at. "Load program. Commander's training designation F-75." While it started to load he spoke up to everyone again. Each commander trains differently. My training sessions are grouped into two categories. Z is the easiest, A is the hardest. In those categories between A and Z are the numbers 1 to 100. 1 being the easiest in that letter category and 100 being the hardest. What determines difficulty is not numbers, size, or power, but a combination of many different factors to lead to one ultimate trait. Deadliness. No matter the letter, 100 is deadly to any soldier, even deadly to a fresh commander. Being able to take say session 1-50, doesn't mean you will survive session Z-100. The highest number in any letter that my old squad achieved, while working together, is sixty. Keep in mind that these courses are designed to be tackled by a solo individual not a team." He said with a smile as a creature started to appear in front of him.

"I will not fight this test, simply because it could take me a couple of hours and we don't have that kind of time. I simply wish to show you the creature that is this test." As the monster started to appear, the ground it started to appear at started to change as well. The ground quickly started to erupt with lava and fire and cracks appeared in the ground. "This beast you are to see now, is something created from my memory. Some thing that could be found on the world I was left alone on. Something that can not be killed but only defeated. Something unknown. Biological? Machine? The very world itself? Hard to tell. I defeated him only a few times on that world, more times here in the virtual world since I don't have to worry about death. However, don't let that comfort you. He can still deal some damage. Some machines conjured up in training Z-15 managed to leave some bruises on my warrior friend Lily. She can attest that even for being virtual these things can still leave physical damage. More so, this beast here, well he has the ability to put someone into a coma if they're not careful."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Lily blinked as he formed the monster he claimed was forged from his memory. She stared at it hard for a long moment the urge to grab at her sword was suddenly very strong but it wasn't at her waist and she knew that. She took in a slow, deep breath. Why did she suddenly have this drive to slay this strange creature she couldn't have possibly seen before. Purgatory? A human belief. And after Purgatory? Heaven or hell. Heaven were angels and saints resided. and hell where devils and their kindred.

She started a little when she heard her name being called. "oh..." She nodded when a few glances were cast her way. She could still feel some of those bruises. She stared at the monster again with a frown as she crossed her arms as she forced her body to relax.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He turned his attention back to the beast and he dropped his own weapons to the ground before holding his arms out. "Show them your roar my friend. The groan of earth and sky, as they merge together in a loud roar." It was then that it let out it's screech. As it opened it's mouth a pulse that was visible in the air appeared and show out in all directions from it. Etmere quickly pressed a button on the side of his suit. A shield made out of pure energy formed in front of him and he crouched behind it. As the sound of the roar came, it vibrated through everything. It's deep sound shook the very founding of the digital space room. The pulse shot out and as it hit the shield, the shield shattered and shards flew backwards. Etmere received a scratch on his arm that quickly had blood start to come from it before it quickly healed due to the room. As the pulse hit the barrier separating everyone else, the barrier groaned as well as it took the stress. The pulse disappeared and in the barrier was a large cut into it. The cut was only about a few centimeters from having completely pierced through the barrier itself.

"System. Terminate program." In a quick flash, the monster had disappeared and the ground in the room started to recover slowly. Etmere stood up as the sky above them in the digital space room got darker with ash starting to fall onto them. He rolled his shoulders for a moment before picking up his weapons and putting them back on his body before walking to the barrier. "As you see from the cut on me, just because it was created out of thin air, doesn't mean it can't kill you. A human military advisor once asked my family why us Neriaks had the strongest military out of all the races. It's because of how we train. If you die in training we mourn your loss, but we do not make it safer." He put his hand to the barrier and it came down, shattering from the large cut it had received. As it shattered it turned back to air.

"That is my presentation I hope it was satisfactory to all of you." He said with a smile. Some people nodded and clapped and before anything else could be decided Christina came forward. "Thank you commander for showing us your skill and prowess. Even if it was only a hint of your true strength. Me and the captain were talking and decided that since the reports came a distance to broadcast this, we would follow up your demonstration with some war games. Two teams, capture the flag. Obviously I'll be on the team against you." She said in a teasing and almost flirty sort of style. "I figured we could have your friend Lily, join as well, see how she does against some of our recruits."
    made by the lovely karma

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast