Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [M] Olinkai Serenity {IC}

Wanderlust
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Shane who was now remembering basic knowledge from pokemon and how it would be an incredibly bad idea for him to go about touching a giant body of water when he was a human bug zapper, he stood up and was once again attracted to the sounds of a lot of commotion coming back from where he passed the fire student being a show off. Throwing up the hood on his hoodie he wandered back over to some strange sights.

The fire student from earlier was screaming at the lake, someone else clutching their ankle near the edge. Just as he was about to approach the student in pain and mumbling what he thought sounded like an apology someone else bumped into him and he watched this person just walk down into the lake strumming what appeared to be a guitar. While he was wondering how one plays a guitar underwater two other students came rocketing out of the lake and one yelling that they did it which only confused him more.

Not really liking people but curious anyways Shane snuck his way up front with his small frame and looked down at the two students laying in the grass who had come out from the lake. He looked at them then down at his hands which he made little sparks between his fingers.

"I don't have to restart anyone's heart do I?"

He said awkwardly and with a dumb look on his face. He wasn't very good at making jokes but he figured they almost died and his attempt at being funny may lighten the mood. Stopping the electricity flowing into his hand he reached it out to them and offered to help them up. He wondered why he the pessimistic person that he was, was suddenly out helping people he wasn't familiar with but he figured he was in a school that he didn't know full of strangers with basically superpowers and that he was going to have to make friends or else suffer being alone with just his games just like he's been since he could remember.
    Last edited by DistortedReality; 09-24-2017 at 09:14 PM.
    Made by Karmz <3
    Spoiler: Muffins inside 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Adrian Tiberius Drake

An inherently hostile presence made its way through the crowd. For anyone attuned to other people's emotions, they could eventually tell that this scathing enmity towards others wasn't directed at any person in particular. But, neither was it for all people either. Instead, it was a passive, burning distrust and hostility towards just about everything else that moved.

Adrian Tiberius Drake slowly wove his way through the crowd, hating every moment of it. He had always hated crowds. In fact, he hated people in general, despite his limited experience in interacting with others. Then again, almost every other person he'd ever met he ended up fighting at some point. To him, it was all but a way of life by this point in life.

It was with this viewpoint that he approached the lake... and he could already see the chaos unfolding. One kid his age was running as fast as he could from the authorities, while a girl was screaming at some unnatural level. Sucks to be him. He readily labelled him as "not a threat," and decided to keep an eye on the shrieking banshee girl. Another two were either saving themselves?... being saved?... It was really confusing. Either way, they were both drowning and it seemed the lake spat them out. Looks like one's a klutz and the other is going to get himself killed because he doesn't know how to plan out a rescue. Sucks to be them right now. Seeing that they looked like they were at least alive enough to move on their own, he passed them by... and didn't even label them.

At this point, it seemed there was almost nobody he had to fight. Thank the gods. I'm not in the fighting mood today. So tired of fighting... He had already shoved his hands into his pockets, and had relaxed his stiff posture just a bit. He still had his usual blue suit, his orange shirt... and his customary burnt smell about him. Today, it was a scent of freshly cooked fruit in the evening -- a lucky break for him, because he smelled like a half-decayed corpse that just caught fire when the Oklinai guys brought him here. If he smelled so bad right now, he would have gotten WAY too much unwanted attention.

He slowly approached the lake, keeping a safe distance from the shore. It wasn't that he hated water, but he had already heard in his very short time here that this body of water was somehow [I]alive[I], and that was a bit unsettling. Right now though, that paled in comparison to the infinitely threatening presence he thought he felt down there. The feeling was sudden, and he found himself almost tearing his hands out of his pockets, ready to fight whatever the lake had to throw his way... or the lake itself? This is horse shit.

He had no idea why, but he found himself getting more and more pissed off by the second. He had no idea what this lake was -- it could have been just an ordinary body of water, yet it felt more threatening even than his father on a bad day. And what could he do about it? Literally just stand there and take whatever was coming like a man. Fuck my life.
    Last edited by Cosmic Fury; 09-30-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Braving the Storm (A Short Story) -- role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55314

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Gale Prescott

11. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declared the LORD,
    “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

–Jeremiah 29:11

The night air began to show bright blue hues, a faint pink light on the horizon. It was early; far too early. The ceremony wouldn't begin for another three hours. But Gale was awake; as wide awake as the morning birds that chirped and zipped around the premises.
    His sleeping schedule was tight and punctual: he went to bed promptly at 10:30, only to awake around 5:30. As per usual, just before sleeping, he had sat in front of his bed and had prayed to the Lord.

And now here he sat, his bare feet wriggling through the damp grass. He went dressed in the wardrobe his parents had picked out for him for all his life; a white shirt, a black blazer and black jeans that tightened around his ankles. A sober cross necklace dangled around his neck.

Oh, how the morning light pleased him so. While his face didn't show it, the first rays of sunlight cast a feeling of relief upon him, as if he had suffocated for days and was finally allowed a first breath. Clutching his bible to his chest, he squinted at the distance, the light reflecting beautifully off of the Defining Depths.

"On those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned," he quoted, his fingers tracing the edges of the book. He had to admit, he was nervous. His life had taken a massive turn, a string of events taking place over the course of a single day. Relying purely on instinct, Gale had used a certain... power? A gift of the Lord, given to him to aid on his path.

But that hadn't been all. The Lord had sent a man to his home, who had engaged in long conversation with his uncle. Gale had patiently waited in his room, awaiting the imminent conclusion: he was to be taken to an academy of sorts, a place where there were... others like him? Gifted people. People chosen by the Lord. Following their destined paths, same as him.

He would do as the Lord wanted. So here he was.

The hours passed quickly, even though Gale hadn't done anything substantial in the time. He had taken a brief walk around the premises, returning to the same spot he had sat in before. Soon the sun was up in its full glory, his fellow students awakening. The space around the lake began to fill with people, crowding around the Depths, seemingly ignoring Gale, leaving a space of an inch or two around the spot where he sat.

He could see the Depths just fine from here, peering between the legs of the student in front of him. The ceremony developed with much racket and hassle, a student yelling as if presenting a concert or show. He didn't pay attention much; his gaze was sternly fixed on the lake, and who entered it.

It was a marvelous wonder of nature, quite literally bringing students' gifts to the surface, and even occasionally... speaking?

At first a student had pierced the skies - and the lake - with a thrilling shriek, something so fierce and sharp that it made the waves splash up in resonance. Sound. Again Gale ran his fingers over his bible, wondering what the Lord had planned for those around him.

Shortly after, a lot of commotion ensued. Gale went to stand up to see what was going on, but his gaze was blocked as the students crowded closer around the lake. He heard screams, splashes, the hubbub building up to a crescendo of screams and whispers.

Then the crowd suddenly fell silent - if only for a second. Something skyrocketed out of the lake, defying the surface, rising higher and higher. As it peaked, Gale could make out the silhouettes of two people, though they blurred again once gravity took over and sent them flying back down onto the land.

As the crowd focused their attention on the pair, Gale pressed his bible tighter to his chest and whispered, his eyes sternly focused on the Depths that rippled in aftermath. "The Lord is with me;
    I will not fear. the Lord is with me; I will not fear. The Lord is with me; I will not fear."
    Last edited by Craze; 10-03-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Skadooer
    Mature ftw
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

凤☀ Rufio Feng ☀凤
    ⏮⏸I Will Fail You

With Ayra in peril the happenings of the world around him did not register in his brain. Panicked expression permanently carved onto his features with hands frantically swiping at the water in some failed attempt to remove it to get to her. Although logically this was a fruitless attempt he did it nonetheless in a last ditch desperation.

He didn’t notice the light guy who jumped into the lake — not until it dawned on him someone was getting deeper than he was able. Rufio collapsed down to his knees, pawing at the magical liquid and splashing it behind him angrily. “AYRA!” Why can’t I get to you?! Teeth ground tightly together, the anger boiling inside revealing what a hothead the fire lad could truly be. The water touching his skin began to steam as his crimson locks flared up. Rage growing and tightening his chest seeing how even Harry was able to get further into the water.

The liquid in his direct vicinity evaporated around him resulting in a gap between his body and the rest of the lake. His skin very literally boiling due to the sheer amount of frustration he felt watching her sink far out of his reach. Was this it? Was there truly nothing within his abilities to save her? Why wasn’t he allowed to go to her?

Then there was a sudden burst as Ayra propelled herself and the guy who was able to dive to her over his head with a sharp thud on the grass behind him. Red strands fell next to his cheeks and the water wrapped around his submerged limbs as the temperature in his body dropped drastically back down to a normal one. He turned his gaze to her, bewildered. Lids locked open in pure disbelief whilst she hacked up a lung. It wasn’t until she yelled, “I DID IT!” that he snapped back into reality.

Pearly whites were apparent beneath his wide grin curling beneath his light eyes in pure jubilation. Rufio darted out of the lake, jumping off the small ledge that prevent the water from splashing onto the concrete. Ayra’s laughter was utterly contagious causing him to cachinnate in turn. Without any thought to how embarrassing it may be to her, he landed beside her and scooped her torso into his arms tightly. Lips pressed against her cheek before he rested his chin atop her shoulder, swaying unintentionally in the embrace. Hot tears threatened to escape, though he didn’t care. She was here. She was safe. She finally did it.

I Will Fail You⏵⏭

arietta rhapsody
    ⏮⏸Heavy

There was too much happening to process, especially with the music from her headset blaring in her eardrums. Curious eyes peered around at the precise moment Harry jumped into the lake near Rufio. When did he get in there? A couple blinks later and she began to wonder where his friend he had brought had gone. Not long after the girl and a boy she hadn’t seen before flew out of the water onto the grass rather harshly.

Absentmindedly she rose with quivering knees and made her way over to the pair. There was another boy she hadn’t recalled observing on campus before. Were there a lot of new people here this year? It was then that she looked up long enough to notice the immense crowd that had originally been behind her before this moment. Arietta took a couple steps back, trembling and unaware how close she was getting to Shane. Well, not until Rufio zipped passed her so fast her balance was thrown off, causing her fumbling feet to knock her right into him.

Her thin frame beneath the several layers of clothes weren’t necessarily enough to knock him over but the contact with another being caused her to freeze. What was happening? Why were so many people touching her today? She was sorted, certainly they would allow her to go to her new dorm room to be in isolation? Grant her some sort of seclusion? This was too much.

Heavy⏵⏭

“And you say I’m cruel,” the kitsune chuckled and nudged the school’s founder, Kai Mine. Fox ears perked atop his noggin of orange curls with matching tails flowing behind him. Donned in the customary attire of one of his kindred in their anthro form. Well, honestly, he only enjoyed it for the comfort of his robes. Yellow orbs with slit pupils peering over in the Forest Elf’s direction with a sly smirk. “You left your pupil to the wolves.”

The blond man, who didn’t look a day over thirty, shook his head radically, “No! No. I am keeping a watchful gaze, am I not?” Arms extended forward in her direction.

From seemingly nowhere a deep, baritone voice chimed in, “Didn’t you request that I do the alumni speech this year?”

Kai jerked back and then calmed himself, shooting a playful glare in the dark attired man’s direction. “I do wish you gave more of a notice before appearing, Kyoko,” then came a chuckle. “It seems some of my students decided to take the limelight from you, I’m afraid. You’re more than welcome to retrieve it.”

A tiny maiden had been sitting on the balcony fence silently for quite sometime. The vision of her was quite ghostly due to her pale features, pristine white hair cascading down far past her feet, and matching white dress. Lacking pupils in her lavender hues did not aid in deterring such an assumption. It was the heavenly tune that arose her to speak, “I advise you put her under the wing of someone who can understand her affinity, young one. She lacks an understanding of how glorious the gift of sound can be.”

“None of them look like they get it.” The bat demon Kyoko rolled his eyes. “Look at them! This ceremony was taken far more seriously in my day.”

“You speak as though you’re the oldest one here!” bellowed the kitsune, laughing his face off very similarly to the young Rufio. “Ya definitely look it, though,” he said with a snicker.

“Why don’t you shut your—!”

Kai rose a hand, resulting in the two males to fall silent as they looked to where the founder was. Light eyes locked onto the crowd of students with a concerned expression. Brows furrowed, checking the vicinity below them. “Check the grounds. Something isn’t—”

“He is coming. We must brace ourselves,” the spiritual woman spoke solemnly without removing her attention from Arietta.

Hayabusa made me a pretty.

❪ ❪ ❪ Check Out Teh Ru ❫ ❫ ❫
    « Ru Drew [art stuffz] » ❉ « [M] Olinkai Serenity {OOC} »

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

May Montgomery

May sat there feeling helpless as the girl seemed to plunge deeper and deeper into the depths of the lake. Even Rufio couldn't get to her, which seemed to completely wig him out. May felt more and more guilty for what she had done.

"God, I'm so sorry..." May's eyes started to water, knowing there wasn't much she could do at this point sitting there with an at least sprained--if not broken--ankle. But suddenly, a flash of light ran by in the form of a boy who dove in after Ayra, apparently grabbing hold of her just enough for her to work her way back up to the surface with surprising force.

"Whoa..." May muttered, watching as Ayra cheered even as she coughed and hacked up water onto the bank. It was clear she was an air user after that. Giddiness began bubbling up inside May and she eventually let out a squeal of delight and laughter while Rufio was now hugging and kissing his friend Ayra.

"Hey! Get a room!" she teased with playful laughter as she tried to stand up, but buckled back down onto her rump on the wet grass, "Can someone help me, please?" she asked with a grin, then hearing a voice from among the eerily quiet crowd.

"I don't have to restart anyone's heart, do I?"

May tried to stifled her laughter but it was no use. She burst into hysterics, holding her stomach. Eventually, she calmed down and wiped her eyes, "Good one," she sighed happily, wobbling up to her feet and putting all of her weight on one leg.

She hopped over to Ayra and Rufio, "I'm soooooo sorry! It was a total accident! Please forgive me..." she pouted, looking like a little girl who had just been scolded. She really did feel bad.

"I'll make it up to you!" May exclaimed, squeaking as she accidentally put weight on her foot, "Um--I'll show you to the air dorms... Ayra, wasn't it?" she looked at Rufio, "That's her right? Hehe," she laughed lightly, "Anyways... Ayra, I'm May. I'm a fellow air elemental. Apparently I still have a few things to learn after being here for 5 years since I can't seem to fly my glider properly," she scratched the back of her head awkwardly.

"Heeeeey!" May turned to face the crowd, "Anyone specialize in healing? I think me and Ayra could use some touching up," she chuckled, sitting on a large rock that was near the water, scanning the crowds for anyone who looked like they might speak up.
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Lukas "Luke" Vincent Marshall

He was still trembling and mumbling when he realized people were still around and talking. He pressed his lips together and tried to shake his head no, but his mouth beat him to it. "Uh... No, no I'm good, really. I'm sure I can be fine on my own. Thank— Choo!!" His words of thanks ended up as a loud sneeze, one that had his face lighting up in sharp light before Fading. He groaned softly. Maybe he should've changed his clothes after all. He smirked off to the side, attempting to sneak away from the center of attention while he focused on checking his body again. His limbs glowed as he tried to see if there was anything broken.

"It seems to be fine. The arm isn't broken and my bones look intact. Maybe I should check my ribs probably yea my ribs look fine now cracks that's good uh ow it hurts though that's probably gonna bruise lower back and hips seem like they're gonna bruise too but at least all my limbs are intact I'm surprised I survived a fall like that unscathed I mean we were going really fast but my ribs are intact maybe it has to do with them breaking before I'm not really sure if you think about the speed and the velocity of the fire and the stop to zero when we crashed but then again, we rolled for a bit so the Force would've been distributed in the ground as well yeah that could be it traceur artists roll around when they land when performing parkour so that completely makes sense....." He own observations of his body derailed to something else, but he seemed to be just fine, albeit a little chilly.

Tugging his jacket over him, he continued to make various parts of his body glow in attempt to see if he sustained anymore damage. Luke was rather thorough, and seemed to be a little more occupied with that than wheat was going on around him. Still, he was shivering really hard due to the chill running through his body. "Brrrrr.... it's cold."
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

Wanderlust
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Shane while in the middle of processing the fact that someone had actually laughed at the stupid joke he made didn't have time to think of a response before he felt someone stumble into him from behind. He lost his balance a little causing him to take a couple steps forward. He turned to see what had caused him to tumble and saw a smaller form with layers of clothing and a pair of headphones on who looked like a deer in the headlights.

This sudden jolt of reality caused him to realize he was sort of in the center of the crowd and that the boy who had dove down into the lake in search of the person who had fallen in was no longer around along with the girl who had laughed at his joke went over to the girl and to the boy that Shane still labeled as "the Show Off". Shane let out a nervous chuckle and looked over at the girl who had bumped into him,

"S-sorry"

After the awkward apology he tried to push his way towards the back of the crowd, even with the small frame he had himself. Luckily now that there wasn't a life on the line the crowd seemed a little less interested and some people had spread out from the incident. Shane noticed that some angry looking prefects were still searching around for what he presumed to be the man that had walked into the lake strumming a guitar which still baffled him. Shane made sure to touch the little rubber ball he always kept on his person to disperse the electricity he had pulled forth earlier and fished around his hoodie for his 3DS. Throwing up his hood he figured he'd escape into the world of Monster Hunter for a little bit.
    Made by Karmz <3
    Spoiler: Muffins inside 

Skadooer
    Mature ftw
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ayra felt awestruck in the situation with a silly grin plastered on her face, until she realized everyone was watching. She attempted to hide behind Rufio as her cheeks heated up at the thought of the hug and kiss.

All that mattered to him was that she was safe. Even if she hadn't gotten sorted, Rufio was beyond relieved that she was safe in his arms. The thought of keeping her here forever was unrealistic but it didn't stop him from wondering if all would be well if he simply didn't let her go.

————————————————————————————————————————

It was not until the boy was long gone that it finally dawned on her he had apologized to her. Lungs loosened, allowing her to breathe in and out slowly. Once she was calm she scanned the vicinity to locate him in hopes of telling him sorry, since it was actually her fault. She ran into him not the other way around.

Arietta twiddled her fingers nervously and sighed. Normalcy seemed to be impossible. Phalanges folded over her enormous headphones and returned them to their rightful home atop her head. The siren still failed to register some of her peers nearly drowned.

At least she was finally sorted.

————————————————————————————————————————

“Before we can make preparations, we must calm this crowd. They will be entirely caught off guard should he—” mid-sentence Kai was interrupted as a voluptuous woman with dark hair and a black eye patch covering her right eye appeared next to him. Attire quite the opposite of Sly with her jeans, boots, and blouse all matching her black hair. The sudden appearance caused the Forest Elf to gasp and fall back a bit. “I do wish you teleporting sorts would stop that! Do you enjoy scaring me half to death?!”

In unison both Sertheon and Kyoko chimed, “Yes,” and then snickered.

Kai scowled and then shook his head with a sigh. “Please, take this seriously. Oh, why can’t this go according to plan? Where, oh where, did we go wrong this year?” One arm crossed over his chest while his other hand pressed a palm to his face.

“Mr. Mine, it’s not your fault!” the Ancient Elf exclaimed with a smile as he ascended the staircase. “Ms. Lombardi and Crim were s’posed’ta watch over the ceremony, remember?” Lamonte Misaki approached Kai, gripping onto his shoulders affirmingly and rested his chin atop his head. Despite being one of the youngest staff members, he easily stood over the relatively short Founder. “I tried findin’ them in the crowd but I dunno—”

“PLEASE MAKE HER STOP!” came a cry from atop the Founder’s building.

They all looked towards the direction of the sound to see their white-haired, painted-face oddball of a staff member trembling on the rooftop. “Please, please, please! Pretty please!” Crim Osman flew down quickly and darted to hide behind Lamonte. “I—I… I can’t… I just… I can’t…” he buried his face against the Ancient Elf’s back, gripping tightly onto his coat.

“Jos, please bring Rynn here. I’d like a word.” Kai sighed, pulling away from Lamonte and Crim. “Lamonte, as I said before, you really may drop the formalities. You are a teacher yourself, now. You are welcome to use my forename.” He smiled.

Sertheon rolled her eyes, “I cannot fathom why you keep her here.” With a flick of the wrist and a quick spin of her finger there appeared a slender, flat-chested woman with permanent resting bitch face in front of Kai with a puff of smoke. Upon her face was the largest grin one may have ever seen.

“I see I have been tattled on,” Beau Rynn Lombardi sneered with a chortle. “I was merely telling him the glorious feeling of having your lover’s blood dripping down your fingertips and hearing their—”

“That is enough.” Kai snapped. “This is your first year here, Rynn. You were tasked with Crim to ensure the students did not get out of hand. I am not going to listen to any excuses you have. You know very well that talk is not appropriate with most of your colleagues here. Be mindful lest you wish to face the consequences. I will not tolerate you terrifying my teachers.”

She rolled her eyes and the grin transformed into a lethargic expression. Back to being bored, she supposed.

“We need everyone on board to remedy this situation. Kyoko, inform Alex to prep the detention room. Task Reggie with gathering the connected students there. Request for Odsiu to provide a distraction. Rynn, I want you to go help her and ensure the students go to where they are supposed to. Crim, keep a watch in the skies and deter any of our flighty students from ditching. Lamonte and Daichi, help guide the students and ensure they are unaware of what is to come. It is fine if they merely think students are in trouble. Kyoko and Sertheon, teleport any students or staff as needed.”

“Oooh,” Rynn’s face lit up with a smirk. “Is there an exciting occurrence coming our way?”

Kyoko groaned, “Just do your job, princess,” he snapped his fingers and forced teleported her in front of the crowd by the lake.

She growled and shot a glare in his general direction. Violet hues darting around to locate the skittish Lamia they had decided to pair her with. Right as she was, suddenly a giant wave from the lake arose and towered high over the students. “Oh, guess that's my cue. Hmph,” Rynn pouted and rose her arms up, freezing the water into a spiked wall.

Thanks to Sly softly singing atop the balcony no sound was emitted, except for from the staff members. No matter how much a student may try no voice could come from them, save for Arietta who had silenced herself as she stared in horror at the ice wall.

An ice plateau appeared beneath Rynn’s feet, rising her far up above the crowd. “Hey there, kiddos,” she cackled. “Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am sure. For those who are unaware, I am Beau Rynn Lombardi and I am the new Mistress of the Ice Dormitories. Stunned, hm?” A snicker slipped through her teeth one hand upon her hip.

During this Oddsiu Raslk D'Anot was attempting to remain out of sight, though it was rather hard for a Lamia to do. Typically people with the lower half of a snake had a hard time blending in unless among their fellow kindred. Fingers crossed hard in hopes that Rynn would not mention her.

“Let me divert your attention to another lovely staff member, the reptilian goddess that is Ms. D’Anot,” Rynn gracefully circled her arms to present Odd as though she were a brand new car. This resulted in the shy Lamia hiding her face in her hair.

“Due to today’s mishaps thanks to — who’d have guessed — Rufio and friends, we will be postponing the rest of the ceremonies until we can get this shindig spick and span — the way Sir Kai aches for,” at the word aches she gripped tightly onto her crotch and thrusted forward. “Capisce?”

“The gorgeous, delectable Alex will be your host for the time being, to all you troublemakers out there. The rest will be escorted to your dormitories by the tall drink of water, Lamonte Misaki. He started today, ya know. Lucky for all you Earth affinities out there. Our fiery Daichi will be assisting him.

Oh, no idea which category you belong into, I see? Hm, quite the conundrum. Luckily, we have the ever energetic Reggie to put you in your proper place.” A Cheshire grin spread over her pale features with a sadistic gleam in her violet eyes. “Toodloo.” One fist atop her cocked out hip while the other twiddled fingers in a sarcastic farewell.

As she said her goodbye, suddenly a whisk of yellow darted through the crowd and one by one students began disappearing.

Those who were taken were slammed down in a chair in front of a desk in the detention room where, standing before the chalkboard, was a blond human with a toned physique, completely unfazed by the events occurring behind him. Many knew this attractive man as Olinkai’s head chef but this year he received an additional title: Master of the Light Dormitories.

While the troublemakers — and some who just happened to be in the vicinity — were piling in, he was scribbling with his chicken scratch what appeared to be a recipe. Disturbing phrases accompanied this that may lead some to question what — or who — was in the “mystery meat”.

Students regained their abilities to speak as they were seated.

“Check it, chief!” the yellow wisp finally stopped long enough for everyone to see that it was a small girl who didn’t look over the age of twelve. Crazy, golden curls sprouting out from every which direction. Before Alex even had a chance to face her she was already gone.

“Hmmm… who, oh who, took it upon themselves to disturb today’s festivities. Unaware of how anal retentive your Head Master truly is, I see?” Slowly he turned to face the class. “Hmm… Let us see if I can recall your names. I am simply fantastic with those.” With each name he stated he pointed at the individual.

Rufio Feng. Must you lead everyone towards disastrous fun, Ruru?” he smiled widely. “Oh, I see the young Ayra you praised so much has finally graced us with her presence. Hmmm,” an index and middle finger rhythmically tapping his bottom lip. “Ayrashi Yoshizaki, yes? Your full name? I do hope your lungs are intact after that near-drowning experience.”

“Then we have Arietta Rhapsody… Wrong place, perfect timing, no doubt. I did so adore that banshee shrill, I presume, from you. Finally sorted. Beautiful."

"May Montgomery. I heard crashed your ship into one of our newcomers. Tsk, tsk. I assure you, I can aid in its repair — for a price. How is your ankle, by the way?” The man gleamed, crystal blue orbs locking eyes with whomever he was mentioning. For students like Arietta, it caused them to lock onto the floor nervously.

“Ah! Harry Doriatta, I have been told I will be seeing your face rather often should I end up stuck with Detention Hall duty. Seems they are right, thus far.” He shook his head. “Hiding in the lake will only elude so many, love.”

"Oooo, Adrian Drake. That is certainly a name that I have heard of in finer society. Did you, by chance, get sorted? We'll stroll over by the lake again later just in case. For you as well, Shane Kuze. We don't want any students lollygagging about longer than necessary."

“Oh, dear, more that must have surely been misplaced. My apologies, Gale Prescott and Lukas Marshall. I assure you, the time spent here will not be too terribly drawl. I can teach you all the wondrous methodology behind slicing the perfect cut of hu—”

Kai sauntered in with Kyoko and Lamonte towering behind him.

“—mus…” Alex leaned away from the desk, straightening his back. “Welcome, lovely gentlemen. Are you here to take over center stage? I gave them quite the grand introduction to your lecture.”

“I trust you have,” the Founder chuckled and then sighed as he looked over at the detention-bound students. “Truly, young ones, I know how exciting this time of year can be. To see all of the new students and find out their affinities. Reveal if your friends will go to the same dormitories as yourself, however, we must remain composed. This is a tradition of Olinkai, as most in this room know. I am sorely disappointed. Due to carelessness some of your peers nearly drowned in the Defining Depths.”

Alex adjusted his position, arms wrapped in front of his chest as he leaned against the chalkboard with no care to if the particles got on his shirt.

Kyoko and Lamonte remained upright behind Kai, almost as though they were his soldiers or bodyguards of some sort.

“But, Mr. Mine, I was just—” Rufio stood up, attempting to interject.

“Excited? Trying to have ‘a little fun’?” Kai sighed. “Yes, but as one of the few students who has been here since childhood, you know more than most that we hold a grand party afterwards where you can all showcase your abilities or… showship? Is that the term?” He looked over his shoulder with furrowed brows, genuinely curious if he was using the right lingo.

Kyoko grunted as Lamonte giggled and replied, “You mean showboating, sir.”

“Ah, yes. Ahem.” He turned back towards the students. “There you can showboat to your heart’s desire. For now… we must attend to the mess that was created. Please, remain in here with Alex, Mr. Skai, and Mr. Misaki. If you’ll excuse me.” The Forest Elf bowed his head politely and exited as the two tall men behind him maneuvered to give him a path.

The bat demon folded his wings behind him and stomped over to Alex, keeping a strong stance.

“If I didn’t know any better, Kyon, I’d swear you were attempting to assert your dominance over me. How brutish.” A smirk crept over his lips.

Kyoko growled, grinding his teeth.

Lamonte smiled and shook his head, quietly closing the door behind him. He waved, “Apologies for the discomfort. We’ll go on back out there once it’s all squeaky clean!” Hands clasped together in front of him. “I’m Lamonte Misaki. Lamonte or Mr. Misaki is fine. I’m the new Master of the Earth Dormitories. Do we have any Earth students in here?”

“What is this? Fuckin’ orientation?” The only people unaware of who Kyoko was were those who were new. Even before becoming Master of the Psychic Dormitories, he was a top student and still frequented the school after he graduated years ago. “These are the ones in trouble, Lamonte. Quit talkin’ to them like a fuckin’ Sunday school teacher.”

“You have to admit, his naive demeanor is quite adorable.” Alex chuckled.

Arietta was hiding her face against the desk with her hood pulled over her headphones, creating a cotton cave around her head.

Rufio leaned back in his seat and sighed. He looked over at Ayra and mouthed, “Sorry,” then over to Harry whom he grinned at with a thumbs up. Sure, they were in trouble, but it was still fuckin’ awesome. Ayra was finally sorted and at school!

Hayabusa made me a pretty.

❪ ❪ ❪ Check Out Teh Ru ❫ ❫ ❫
    « Ru Drew [art stuffz] » ❉ « [M] Olinkai Serenity {OOC} »

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

He was still trembling in his clothes, jacket barely keeping the warmth in, when a wave rose up and froze. He squinted, teeth chattering as someone stepped over and began to talk. Luke felt his face flush from the chill as he listened, shifting uncomfortably as his shoes squeaked. He wanted to ask if he could change clothes first, but didn't really want to seem rude. It was only polite that he wait for them to finish talking. "W-wait... Troublemakers?" He stuttered, eyes growing wide before there was a flash of yellow.

SQUISH

He flinched, finding himself seated in front of what he could just guess was a detention room. He shifted uncomfortably. He was pretty cold now, and still wet. Never mind that. He can hold out for a little longer. Keeping his eyes down and averted, truly looking like the sorry child that he is (Even if he was positive that he did nothing wrong), Luke tried to keep his movements to a minimum. First day and he was in detention. His brother was going to have a field day when he hears this.

He heard the teacher call out their names, and he tried to keep them in mind, though he still kept his eyes averted. When he heard his, Luke lifted his head, before quickly bowing down again, cheeks flushing a little. Why would he be taught cooking? 'Did I apply for the wrong thing? Am I gonna cook now? I'm not the best cook but maybe I could work on it though let's be honest I'm pretty sure this isn't what was supposed to-' His thoughts cut off, head lifting up to look at the headmaster before guiltily looking away, a soft murmur already on his lips. "I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again."

He shifted uncomfortably, making his wet clothes squish. His palms were starting to glow slightly as he fidgeted, before a soft sneeze escaped him and he let out a subtle groan. Jacket on it is. Hopefully, he won't catch a cold, not that he would since he's got a really good immune system, instead, he quietly cleared his throat. "Uh... Sir, question?" He didn't really know who he was addressing, but he kept his tone open and polite.

"For... um... For how long are we in here?" He asked, again, keeping his tone polite while trying to not look impatient, or uncomfortable. "And, if it's alright, could I get a change of clothes?"
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12