Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] Escape from Stranglethorn {IC}

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

X'aaltha let her eyes follow the direction Azjub's finger led to. Sharp eyes studied the wound done to Stranglethorn with a slight grin.

"You unsavory thing..." the Draenei priest whispered and crouched. Her body felt uncomfortably stuffy, but was masterfully able to act beyond it. She feel the yearning for water building, resources were going to be needed soon. A purple, shadow enveloped hand reached out to caress Azjub's particularly sharp jaw and lead his ireisless eyes back to the dark woman. The demons, as X'aaltha knew, were soulless things. But, they loved power, and power communicated in so many languages- and hers into the demon's eyes was the light swallowing abyss deep from her A'dal blessed heart. "Dear demon," she began, gripping tighter on the imp's face when it tried to fidget away. One of her nails cut into its skin but she didn't flinch, holding her cryptic gaze on the fel creature, "lead me to Morgan"

Nirelae watched quietly from behind, dealing with her pains and discomforts with a frown and holding herself across the chest. Her attention kept on her teacher and how the Archpriestess always managed find ways of control of the entienties around her. X'aaltha could invade anyone, so it seemed.

X'aaltha let go and stood slowly. The shadowy woman watched the imp begin to run off and she followed, Nurlae did as well.
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-17-2017 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Phone typos
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Tekazra nodded at the other troll's question, finishing up her work. "You be assumin' correctly, mon. Darkspear Village, to be exact." Internally, Tekazra pondered this troll. He seemed uneasy, though she assumed it was probably due to being around so many strangers. And perhaps because only hours ago, he was on a flaming zeppelin. "And I learned everything I be knowin' from me family," she added. "Parents mostly, but everyone in da tribe be havin' knowledge to share. You know how it be in da small villages, ya?" As she finished that sentence, she also completed skinning the carcass in front of her. "Dis be good meat. We better get a fire goin, before it gets too humid." Her eyes darted around for Brehkan, only just now noticing his departure. Clicking her tongue, she motioned with her head to Blackfang, who was resting in the shade. "Help da tauren, lazy cat," she ordered, her words laced with a familial friendliness. Blackfang huffed and complied, beginning to follow Brehkan and gather sticks in his mouth.

"So," Tekazra said after a few minutes of silence had passed, "do you hail from da Echo Isles as well? You got da build of a Darkspear, and I never met another jungle troll in Kalimdor who didn't call da Isles home. After dat business with Zalazane, Bwonsamdi knows we earn it, mon." Though the huntress was making simple chat, speaking of her homelands incited great passion from her. She was very proud of what her people had suffered and triumphed through, especially in regards to those small islands off the Durotar coast.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"Parents mostly, but everyone in da tribe be havin' knowledge to share. You know how it be in da small villages, ya?"

Unoji rolled his eyes, albeit subtly as to not anger his newfound troll ‘friend'. “Ya...I know how it be with our people” he spoke in a tone masquerading as cheerful. "Dis be good meat. We better get a fire goin, before it gets too humid." the troll spoke again, with Unoji somewhat pleased by the change in topic. Scratching the back of his head he responded with a simple “Aye.”

As the tauren began departing on his quest to retrieve firewood, her eyes looked to her tiger. After she ordered the tiger to accompany Brekhan, Ya, dat be his name, a brief wave of silence filled the air before the troll spoke up again. “So do you hail from da Echo Isles as well? You got da build of a Darkspear, and I never met another jungle troll in Kalimdor who didn't call da Isles home. After dat business with Zalazane, Bwonsamdi knows we earn it, mon."

The Darkspear sighed, not too keen on sharing his background, though he figured in this case it didn't really matter, he was stuck in a land he had only vaguely remembered as a toddler. “I am Darkspear, but I don't be hailing from da Echo Isles. I was born in dese jungles before our people left for da South Seas, before we were rescued by da Horde.” Unoji was not sure whether he should go as far as discussing his political beliefs, but after a few more minutes of silence, he came to the conclusion that he wouldn't be able to stand pretending to be a ‘true troll’ and would rather come clean.

“In truth, I don't be staying around da tro-our people much, ya be young, maybe ya were too young to remember but our people were a lot different than when da Horde saved us...we were a lot like da other trolls...the Bloodscalp da Shatterspear, the Skullsplitter and da Gurubashi...we still be similar enough...dats why I live in Orgrimmar now…”

While the trolls spoke, Skullbender began stalking through the jungles. Suddenly a pungent, distinct but somehow foreign smell caught the raptor by surprise. He remembered that scent when Unoji was recruited by the Horde under Commander Nazgrel in what was once the former lands of Draenor. Demon! Turning his emerald-scaled head to give one last look at the two Darkspears, the beast took off after the scent, eager to find the fel-infested creature and put an end to its material existence.

-----

Azjub skipped with an unnaturally overjoyed expression, despite the quite detestable company he had been forced to retrieve. Not that he had much of a choice, Morgan was an unforgiving master, a man who sworn off weakness and weak minions could just be as easily lost as they are summoned.

Meanwhile, the warlock had been waiting for their arrival, not that he had been sitting idly, not one for leaving himself sitting in a vulnerable position. Morgan had spent much of time regaining his energy. Luckily the endemic monkeys of Stranglethorn were quite easily drawn in the bright glowing green allure of fel-energies and their curiosity allowed for the warlock to take full advantage of the critters, draining them for energy and leaving them as mummified husks scattered along the jungle underbrush.

As the imp scampered along the incinerated path he had made, the distinct sound of a raptor's bellow filled the air. Stopping the imp's talons lit up with felfire as the demonic pest sent a flame towards the direction of the bellow. The fire hit the thick husk of a palm tree, briefly lighting a green fire before incinerating enough of it to cause the tree to start tumbling down. With the scattering of leaves and one last cry, the threat seemingly vanished...for now at least...

Finally, the trio met the worgen, sitting on a large rock. Morgan stood, peering at X'aaltha, though not daring to make eye contact. At the corner of his eye laid the sight of Nurlae, the apprentice of the dark woman, another being he avoided making eye contact with, for different reasons...
    Last edited by Atethecat; 08-23-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The trek behind Azjub was becoming more than just a hassle. The Draenei followed the imp but X’aaltha had taken her otherwise floating staff to assist her walking. Nurlae was no different. Hooves and wooden shafts stabbed harder into the leaves and dirt. The strain was growing heavier for the women who were not journeymen adventurers. This starkly reminded X’aaltha of her the constant strain she experienced through the Outlands. It was not in her body nor her heart to be spanning across these challenging distances. The Shadow Healer felt undisciplined, furrowing her brows while she continued behind the demon.

The panting alien women stopped at the cry of an animal they did not know. The creatures of Azeroth were out of their knowledge, making them wonder with hesitation on what could have made the sound. X’aaltha stared through her shadow veil at the direction, Azjub’s wild fel-magic struck the area and intervened for them. Whatever had been approaching was thwarted and she shared a look back at her apprentice. Both of them were in ignorance to the Stranglethorn landscape and could only share that experience.

They pushed and their path with Azjub led them to their ally in the massive jungle. The shadow woman let her darkness fall, revealing the blue skin and elegant designs of her being. From the glow of the Archpriestess’ sigil the sweat on her face had a bright sheen. X’aaltha knew she looked weak, and yet her eyes stared down Morgan.

His posture was sturdy as he sat, a massive creature of violence and magic. The mantel of death and swirling hellish energies sat on his shoulders. Skulls and a sweeping cape accented his power. Chains and arcane trinkets kept close to his red robes and for every display of might he had the cursed Human could not even keep eye. His authority failed to stand against X’aaltha’s open weakness. The O’kul Priestess knew how well she had dived deep into this ever-growing warlock.

‘You have served well Morgan and will yet again’

“You have saved us from certain death in the bush” The Archpriestess complimented, her own genuine exhaustion tempting her to keep leaning on her ata’mal crystal staff. “The fallen airship, what could have happened?” The Draenei teased Morgan’s ego, stroking him to only drop him into anxiety. All the things he yet did not control, an incompetent crew that could have brought their deaths to all of them. How scary must the world have been without trust in himself.

Nurlae stared down, brave enough to only study Morgan’s andromorphic feet. She quietly reminisced of the man under the armor and fur. Tired and sweaty the apprentice did only what she was to do: follow her teacher. She watched and listened to X’aaltha continue her unusual work on the warlock.

“We are tired, stripped of water, lost. How can you help us?” The Archpriestess provoked the Worgen, calling to his senses and summoning servitude from this otherwise power hungry dark magician.
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-23-2017 at 08:40 PM.

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Tekazra raised a curious brow. "Stranglethorn, eh? Interestin'. I've only been here a couple times meself, just for sport. Where I found Blackfang, too." The troll rose from her sitting position to grab her quiver of mostly-broken arrows. If they were going to be resting for a long while, she might as well be productive, she thought. While she listened to Unoji, her eyes glanced around the clearing until they found what she was looking for- a thin vine wrapped around the base of a tree. She nodded as Unoji spoke, but moved over to the tree and cut a long portion of the vine away.

With that done, she returned to her seat on the ground and began the mend her arrows, wrapping the broken ends of the shaft with the slender cord. Able to listen to Unoji clearer now, she fully comprehended what he was speaking of. He be sayin' da Darkspear used ta be like da other tribes? Tekazra suppressed a small snicker. Like I don't be knowin' dat. She looked over the troll as he spoke, puzzled by his demeanor. He be... embarrassed for us? Heh. What an odd troll. When the other troll finished, Tekazra simply shrugged. She was in no mood to debate culture with another Darkspear, especially not when they were the only other friendly troll around.

Meanwhile, Brehkan and Blackfang were nearly complete with their search. Brehkan carried an armload of logs, the driest he could find in this jungle. Blackfang, meanwhile, held a bundle of smaller twigs between his teeth. The pair walked back to the makeshift campsite, both quite pleased with their efforts. As they approached the clearing, Blackfang slowed and trailed behind the tauren, his ears perked up in curiosity. Brehkan noticed this and called out to the tiger. "What's wrong? You smell something, cat?"

Blackfang's fur bristled. There was a strange scent in the air, something he had sensed before. Small. Fire. Magic. Various images flashed in his mind as he tried to recall where he had encountered this odor before. But as quick as the feeling came, the scent vanished from the tiger's senses. Blackfang remained on edge, but he allowed himself to pad back to the tauren. Upon returning, Brehkan set his pile down and knelt do retrieve Blackfang's. The tiger's sticks had been mostly dry when he picked them up, but the animal's saliva now coated most. "Gross," Brehkan said as they were dropped into his hands. Tekazra chuckled at the interaction as she continued to fix her arrows.

Blackfang strode casually to where Tekazra sat and stretched out in her shadow. "Guess we better start buildin' da fire, den," the troll said, pulling her arms out in front of her to crack her knuckles.

Art Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Brekhan and the tiger returned with the wood, much to Unoji’s relief. It be a good thing da troll wasn't freaking out about my beliefs, the Darkspear had thought to himself, though he may have underestimated her knowledge on their own people.

“Guess we better start buildin' da fire, den," Tekazra stated as she cracked her knuckles. Unoji nodded, though did not make any move to assist her, not like he wouldn't just get in her way anyway, so best leave her to start the fire on her own. As the Darkspear worked on that, Unoji started to look around, not that he knew much about these jungles, but from his vaguest memories it was a place of hidden secrets, most of those secrets being deadly.

And just then, as Unoji attempted to peace with this precarious situation, the cry of a raptor, his raptor filled the air. Bolting up and towards the direction the cry was coming from with both the strong desire to ensure his companion’s safety and and a somewhat equal desire to shut the beast up in fear of attracting unwanted guests. As the Darkspear moved through the jungle, eventually locking eyes on Skullbender.

Though he was still at a distance, Unoji looked upon the beast with an expression of bewilderment. He had liked to think the years of coexisting and sharing the same living space with the raptor had allowed him to easily determine the physical state of his beast and yet there was seemingly nothing wrong with the old boy. Unoji eventually reached the still somewhat erratic creature and with a fake smile, attempted to calm Skullbender through gentle patting. That should do it he thought stroking his muzzle.

Yet, the raptor did not budge, harassing Unoji in an attempt to get him to follow. The troll not one to put up much of a fight, eventually broke down in compliance to his pet. As the raptor led the Darkspear to a fallen tree, a peculiar stench caught Unoji’s attention. “Fel…” he whispered to himself in Zandali before catching himself “No...not in dis here jungle...dem trolls are not stupid enough to deal in demon magics…”

Then it caught him...a trail of incinerated earth less than twenty feet away. “Skullbender...return to da camp and get da others...I'll be dealing with dis myself”, the raptor complied and with a sprint and the rattling of shrubbery, completely disappeared from sight. Unoji took a deep breath, he had no clue what demon it could've been, though he had suspicion it was an imp, a sickly little vermin with a chaotic predisposition.

Perhaps it was a member of the Horde, an undead or orcish warlock, in which case they could gain an ally at the least and a pathway to a Horde base with a wyvern at best. But, with Unoji shuddering, maybe it was an Alliance warlock, a human or deranged gnome, in which case was a threat that needed to be briefly monitored at least.

-----

“The fallen airship, what could have happened?”

Morgan looked down, completely breaking any visual contact with his master save for her cloven hooves. The worgen paused somewhat, not courageous enough to speak up, but unwilling to expose his sense of fear and overall ignorance of the situation to X’aaltha and her.

We are tired, stripped of water, lost. How can you help us?”

Morgan briefly looked up, most educated Stormwindians, a minority amongst peasants which tilled the lands of aristocracy, had a basic geographical understanding of the Eastern Kingdoms. “There are tributaries of the river Nazferiti nearby...freshwater, b-but infested with crocolisks and frenzies”, he stood up, sniffing the air. “I will summon the felhunter to track down an animal worthy enough for you.”

The worgen extended an open paw to the imp, much to the little creature’s disdain. With Azjub engulfing in flames and disappearing back to the Twisting Nether, he prepared to summon the great demonic beast. Morgan’s pink skin under his fur briefly grew pale and shriveled as his eyes burned fel-green. Uttering a spell in demonic, the felhunter materialized, letting out at a terrifying shriek.

The eyeless creature inspected its environment, a creature voracious appetite for consuming those of magical ability, the hellish beast trotted towards X’aaltha before being pyschically incapacitated by the warlock, inspecting the elder draenei before turning its head towards Nurlae and letting out a monstrous shriek.

“Obey!” Morgan tried to gain mental control of the domesticated felhound. The demonic beast eventually capitulated, ceasing any effort to feast on the two draenei priests that stood before him.

“You will find us a savory creature and bring it back” Morgan barked at the felhunter, repairing its movement and allowing it to function. Giving one final eyeglass glance at X’aaltha, the beast took off into the underbrush. It did not get far however as an arrow pierced the creature's head as it wailed and flailed about on the jungle floor. Morgan’s eyes grew wide at his minion’s death, but quickly refocused in the direction of which the arrow flew from.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

X’aaltha waited patiently while the human squirmed in his inner conflicts. It was in her favor the Stormwind citizen could never sort out the turmoil she saturated him with. He did not even know where to begin for the self work. Though the Draenei was humbled, in this jungle, she did not know where to begin herself. The Worgen had some knowledge in this, and she trusted it. Clearly nowhere in Stranglethorne was going to be peaceful and removed from danger. Only fitting for the name the Azeroth natives have named this region.

Her brows furrowed behind her devout sigil. The Archpriestess didn’t have answers, watching Morgan enact his new magic. Nurlae gasped, the summoned Felhunter neared them. Tired as she was, X’aaltha still extended her arm in front of her apprentice defensively, standing on her own two hooves and lifting her staff in preparation of the warlock’s inability. The wine and dinning of high warlock society gave her passing knowledge of the demons they often experimented with. The Felhunter was a creature not in reach of the elder Draenei’s shadowy prowess – she worked through the psyche and soul and the demonic beast lacked both. While she might be able to wrestle the demonic beast, it would feast on her apprentice.

“Get it back. Now.” X’aaltha gravely hissed her words, dark plumes of smoke raised from her eyes and mingled with A’dal’s bright blessing above. Nurlae kept close to her teacher, clenching her staff. The demonic were a walking vision of what she thought misery would appear as. The Felhunter’s singular talons pressed into the earth and neared the two women. Its protruding horns almost caressed X’aaltha’s legs. The Archpriestess could practically feel the monster’s hunger.

Both women lowered their shoulders finally when the warlock truly domesticated his summoned. It walked away and X’aaltha stabbed her staff back in the ground for standing support, shooting eyes of disdain at Morgan for his insolence.

The apprentice turned her head quickly, having heard the faintest sound of the arrow which slew the orange scaled demon. The Dark Healer stared at the dying monster with no emotion. Now what troubles came? The journey continued to unfold gracelessly, but it would be fine if they could manage to gather basic resources. An archer did not concern her. Slowly X’aaltha turned her head to peer at the direction of the arrow’s trajectory – waiting to see what the unknown would reveal. A’dal’s Trickster held her student’s forearm supportively in wait.
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-30-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Phone correction mistakes being properly corrected

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Tekazra and Brehkan worked diligently in setting up the small fire, shaping a conical structure with the dense logs. Tekazra cursed the fact that she misplaced her flint in the crash, and grumbled as she rubbed two sticks together near the driest section of wood. Soon, smoke began to rise from the friction, but none of the sparks burned bright enough to catch aflame. The huntress frowned and glanced up at her tauren friend, who had been mostly observing her efforts. Brehkan was never as confident at the survival skills his companion prized herself on.

"You don't happen to be knowin' a fire spell, Brehkan?" asked the troll, sounding a tad defeated by the damp environment. Brehkan let out a short chuckle. "Those are more of a mage thing, sorry," he replied. Tekazra sighed again, but continued her efforts until finally a dim, orange flame lapped at the center of the wood-pile. It grew slightly larger, but the humidity made it difficult for the fire to consume a majority of the wood. "Good enough for now," breathed the troll, who allowed herself to relax. Hopefully the fire would be hot enough to properly cook that boar. Amidst her work, she barely noticed that the other troll wasn't there. Brehkan informed her of his exit off into the jungle.

"Ah... What do you think of that troll, anyway?" Tekazra asked her friend. She was interested to hear his opinion, though she doubted it would be anything other than an amiable comment. Brehkan shrugged, stroking his beard. "Doesn't seem too much different than most of the trolls I've met," he replied. "Perhaps quieter. Either way, he seems reliable enough. Can't go wrong with another hunter in these jungles, eh?" Tekazra nodded in reponse. The tauren had a point; if they were going to get through this terrain safely, they'd need all the help they could get.

A rustling in the tall grass nearby caught her attention. She turned her head to see Unoji's raptor stomping through the brush. Surprisingly stealthy for its size, she thought in passing. Curious, the huntress got to her feet and cautiously approached the beast. "What was it he called you? Skullbender? You're quite a handsome fellow, I must say." The emerald raptor kept a steady gaze at Tekazra, careful as any raptor would be, but something about him seemed uneasy. Tekazra wanted to dismiss it as nothing other than "he saw some prey", but her gut feeling wouldn't let her. "Where'd your master go, boy?"

Art Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Co-Post - Atethecat/Splat

“What was it he called you? Skullbender? You're quite a handsome fellow, I must say." The raptor turned his head, somewhat lacking a comprehension of what the troll spoke of, while also being somewhat confused by her lack of action.

The raptor began harassing the Darkspear, pulling armor in an attempt to provoke her into following.

Tekazra instinctively jerked away from the raptor's provocations. "What is it, mon?" The beast seemed intent on getting her to follow its lead. The troll shot a puzzled glance behind at Brehkan, who only raised a curious eyebrow. Perhaps the animal was just hungry, she first thought, but she wasn't convinced. She knew firsthand of the intelligence of raptors, and wasn't one to distrust her intuition.

"Stay with Blackfang and watch over the camp," she told the tauren, who nodded sternly. He himself harbored a curiosity for whatever the raptor wanted, but he was content to let the hunter do what she did best.

Gripping her freshly-stringed bow in one hand, Tekazra gathered up the quiver of repaired arrows and hesitantly allowed the raptor to move forward. She trailed slightly behind, keeping a close watch on its movements.

The raptor led the Darkspear to the path of incinerated land with the particular scent let off by fel magic. The raptor turned its head to Tekazra in an almost vaguely pleading fashion, though the facial construction of the beasts weren't quite complex enough to match that of most humanoids.

Skullbender began a burst down the demonic path, the creature confident in the Darkspear’s comprehension. He then disappeared into the dense underbrush, opting to meet his master’s foes with the element of surprise.

Tekazra could sense the beast tense as it led her deeper into the jungle. A faint smell of smoke filled her nose, getting stronger, and she tensed up as well. When she reached the source, the trail of ash and fire, she became even more anxious. What creature would make such a path of unprejudiced destruction? Only one, the hunter thought grimly.

The subtle greenish hue within the flames only confirmed Tekazra's suspicions. Dere be a demon in dis forest. She gripped her bow tighter and her eyes followed the trail leading ahead. It had been a while since she had demon blood upon her arrows- in a way, the hunter was glad for the opportunity to rid the world of another abomination.

"Now ta find this little devil," she muttered. It wouldn't be too hard to track the creature, given its fiery footsteps, but she was still wary. With little demons afoot, there were bound to be more in its wake. It crossed her mind that this demon may be a thrall to some larger concern, perhaps a warlock, but she was currently just focused on hunting and killing the fiend.

The raptor had already scurried off into the brush, but Tekazra was not worried. She knew firsthand of the surprising stealth of the predators. No, finding the demon would be no problem. She just hoped the demon was all she had to find.

-----

Unoji made sure he was well-hidden, though he knew little about warlocks and their abilities to detect living creatures. In truth he had hardly known any warlocks save for the few that openly walked through Orgrimmar.

As he carefully maneuvered around the trio, he wondered if the warlocks of the Alliance were as equally reviled. Though he soon put that out of his mind, trying to destroy any potential distractions that could cause him to falter and reveal himself. The troll was determined to take out the warlock at the very least.

Unoji drew his bow, attempting to fire an arrow at the worgen directly. Though the Darkspear was disappointed at the warlock’s ability to dodge the arrow with relative ease.

-----

“Zyhana Graaka Nak!" Echoing a spell in a strange language unrelated to Demonic, but a brutish ogre tongue vaguely familiar to most draenei and orcs. Siphoning some energy from surrounding foliage, the warlock cast the Eye of Kilrogg, a floating green orb that slowly found its way to the troll’s location.

Unbeknownst to the troll, the eye followed, revealing his exact location to the warlock. Only seconds later did the jungle troll notice, causing the Eye to pull itself back to the demonic worgen.

He couldn't help but grin at the naivety of the troll, daring to attack a warlock with a bow and arrow. Though from what he had been told as his life, they were slow, dimwitted creatures little better than gnolls and kobolds. Even this “Kahkar” was doubtlessly another tusked, savage. Though he did not doubt his mistress’ plans, she knew great power.

“A troll, Archpriestess. Though I'm not quite sure if it's one of the natives or one of the Horde’s…” Morgan made no move to attack the troll, not without direction, nor did he want to obliterate the creature as it could hold information to the troll. “On your command…”

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

‘On my command? You surrender your agency? Wonderful’ X’aaltha’s mind manipulated the idea contently. Her apprentice frowned, still watching the direction of the troll best her eyes could follow. The Archpriestess gradually released her hands from the young Draenei’s forearm and the tall alien woman stared down her warlock subject. “Your magic will guide me to the Troll and I will find answers that I want” she demanded.

“We should be careful, we’re tired” Apprentice Nurlae said worriedly, not at all realizing how she was playing part in X’aaltha’s mind game for absolute control of Morgan.

“I am still able, stay with the cursed one” Slapping her lengthy tail against the jungle ground, the sapphire and colds of its cuff glinted the sunlight. It was also a cultural sign of certainty and exclamation, ensuring Nurlae nodded and stepped back, closer to Morgan. To find Kahkar among the expanse was going to require a more intentional and soft touch more than the warlock was able. It required caressing fingers across the o’kul of the natives, instilling fear in each delicate stroke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast