Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] Conquerors of Archaon

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] Conquerors of Archaon

1 AD, June 15th

The city fell easily without its defenders. Archaon was a beautiful gem of the Empire located on a lone island where it took up much of the Northern half. It's walls were vast but were ill defended. If the Iledrith and Westerners had held here it could have been months rather than hours worth of battle. The armies of the conquerors arrived and right away they were met by riders wielding and waving white flags. Gates opened and guards stood by watching as Ryudeshi and Deathborne poured in. People in the streets watching with grim abject horrified looks. Buildings were all closed up and children were held dearly by their families. Much to their surprise the Deathborne stayed in control and accepted the surrender, as did the Ryudeshi. While their troops were left mostly in camps outside the leaders were brought into a great hall.

Inside the halls were widen and open with rows of tables and benches set up. There was no food or drink present and instead the halls were filled with guards who were armed to the teeth. At the far back was a throne with an old man seated upon it. He looked to be terrified as the Ryudeshi and Deathborne walked in through the door to begin negotiating the surrender. Lady Shi stayed at the back and watched with a great curiosity. She instead had sent Jianyu to speak on behalf of the Ryudeshi. The curator was present along with Baigujing and Kanon. Along with each group were a handful of bodyguards but Glenn walked forwards past them with his axe in hand. He laid it across a table and walked unarmed through the guards and up to the leader.

Duke Julius was his name. He was an old man with gray short hair and an elaborate violet cloak. His hands trembled while beside him stood a giant legionnaire. He looked completely pissed at Glenn who strode up like it was nothing, and slowly. When he neared the legionnaire suddenly lunged with his sword at the deathlord. His steel bit into Glenn's torso but the Deathborne didn't seem bothered. Glenn merely raised his hand and put it on the elbow of the legionnaire. There came a loud pop along with the sound of bones breaking as Glenn ripped it off. Before the man could howl in pain the jagged bone of his own arm was thrust through his eye into his brain. He toppled over as crimson stained the ground. The Ryudeshi looked on in disgust while the Duke shook even further. Glenn spoke up. "We are here to negotiate your surrender."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

His Fatal Grace swept through the gates, the plumage of his feathers dangling over the side of his saddle and fluffing in each of his steps. He gracefully leapt off the horse and landed upon his talons, keeping his distance from the Deathborne as much as possible. His Weapon Hand walked beside him with his guan dao and past lengthy bangs Jianyu stole a red glance at The Curator.

‘What pretty words will you craft today?’ Jianyu asked with a heavy and quiet scorn. He walked ahead. He was left furrowing his brows watching the black armored man of the Deathborne act in a savage manner. The wild nature of the undead was only proof of their madness.

“Without brutality.” Jianyu added to Strategist Glenn’s bloody introduction. His Fatal Grace eased into position beside Glenn and looked up at the man with an even stare of contempt. The blood was not allowed to pool onto the nails of his talons, watchful of where he had stopped walking. “Words fail to be released if terror grips the throat of their speaker. Negotiate, not intimidate” Jianyu moved his eyes down and met gaze to Duke Julius. “I am His Fatal Grace, Jianyu, Greatest of Nan” He hid his discomfort to this situation from his face, instead he rubbed his pinky with his thumb with one stroke up to the knuckle. “Representing Ryudeshi”

Centuries later, Jianyu said something entirely out of what he believed was possible. Was Bohai watching?
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Arael glided through the wide halls of the fallen city, flanked by his two liutenants and carrying an expression of calm disregard. Although he kept the eyes of his glamour fixed straight ahead, he watched all around him - eyes settling on the eldest of Nan, and the grace of his movements. A quick glance caused the lich to smile inwardly. 'Am I as interesting to you as you are to me?' Arael asked with silent amusement, letting his hand brush Kanon's wrist as they walked.

The curator uttered a soft expression of distaste at the Deathlord's handling of the legionnaire. A display of strength was necessary to show the Duke exactly what position he was in, but Arael had always favoured subtlety wherever it was possible. As Glenn seemed to be taking charge of this negotiation, Arael kept to the back of the hall, stepping into place beside lady Shi with a wane smile. "General." He acknowledged in a polite voice. "Your soldiers fought well in the battle." His eyes remained focused intently on the scene up ahead. General Shi was a perceptive woman, the lich could tell by the keen sharpness behind her eyes, the way that she had carried herself in the peace summit of Hexin... "although I'm sure fighting beside monsters must be hard for you. One cannot deny the results, however."

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Glenn looked to Jianyu with question on his lips. "Brutality?" Then a look of recognition came over him as he stood in the still pooling blood. "Oh this, he is not permanently dead, this is only temporary. He will taste immortality, we offer it to all." The Duke was shaking in place all the same. He looked to Jianyu as his only escape. By accident the General and the Great Ancestor were playing a game that seemed to be stringing along the Duke. With fear in his voice he trembled as he spoke. "My people will go unharmed, I will not allow you undead to eat us all." As he said the word "allow" he swallowed heavily. Glenn stood upright, normally he was a bit hunched over. "We will treat your people well, I propose we keep you as duke and as a vassal to both the Deathborne and Ryudeshi. We raise your dead and the Deathborne and living will live side by side. I believe this is most fair."

General Shi smiled in response to Arael. "Your soldiers fought well too, perhaps better than ours. Though we do not have monsters as you put it." The general seemed to be not bothered by the Curator's presence. Instead she was enjoying their talk. "I fight beside who I must, when I must, where I must. Just as I will kill who I must to save my people. Whoever that may be."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Fair. The discussion of molesting the dead from their dignified rest, as if any action the Deathborne could do to the defenseless dead could be considered fair was beyond generous. His Fatal Grace stepped to the side, distancing himself from Strategist Glenn and from the growing pool of blood. The Ryudeshi representative eyed the dark armored man and the Duke from afar. His wings fluttered and he let them silently observe him for a moment while he took in the intricacies of the room.

“The details of who should be raised will be equal to the number of living able to be conscripted into Reyudeshi service. Records by the both Empires' vassels shall record those who are able to fight. They will serve in life first, Strategist Glenn.” It was a dance, yet a way to curve the growing walking dead. Jianyu, when vision returned, had seen the numbers of the Deathbrone blossom all the merrier after the wasteland of dead Elves was settled and still. Every movement forward through this war was only a profit for the corrupted. Their roots only fed off of blood.

“Do you have water to offer?” Jianyu asked the Duke calmly. “I believe myself and those with me are thirsty, is that correct General Shi?” His Fatal Grace asked, very much aware of what was going on in the peripheral of his eye. Arael Zandramas, Jianyu found his ploys so oily, slimy. He felt the layers of dirt coating him from this distance, and Lady Shi did not deserve such touch to her body or mind.
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-16-2017 at 01:35 AM.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Arael listened intently to the negotiations going on at the front of the room, and gently processed the words of General Shi to a lesser degree. With a soft smile he shook his head gently. "You give our forces too much credit, general. Indeed, many of your own fallen warriors were instrumental in our victory. I am extremely impressed by their skill. You train them well." He cast a meaningful glance to Kanon. "But, my lady, I must profess I admire your dedication to your people. I'm pleased that this dedication has opened your eyes to the possibilities of our alliance. I know some others are... less enthused." He turned his gaze to Jianyu in time to see the man address Shi directly. His tone was calm, and measured - but Arael was sure that it masked a deeper cold. You dance with two partners at once? Don't be greedy, now.

Arael smiled and gave a humble nod to general Shi. "Forgive me, I did not intend to waste your time."

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Looking about the room Jianyu could see it was rather extravagant. There were paintings high on the walls of the previous dukes and duchesses of Archaon. Apparently each received the title of Everchosen upon death. Only one lacked such a title, the current duke. Behind him were twin stairs that led further up to a balcony with a woman seated up there, likely his wife the duchess. She was a lot more determined looking than him, her eyes thinned in aggravation looking to Glenn. The duke raised his hands and clapped loudly. "Water, they said they want water!" From the sidelines came servants wearing simple tunics and shoes with pitchers of water. Again the duke spoke with concern. "Do you, do you want us to put the blood in a cup for you?'

Glenn cocked his head at this and waved his hand away. "No I only drink Magnif wine." At this the duke and servants sighed in relief. Water was brought to Jianyu, Arael, and General Shi. There was a smile on her face as she took up the pitcher and sniffed it. "You know, when you try to poison us you should use something odorless." Then the duke's face turned pale. "What, poison, you, you tried to poison them?" His fake surprise and outrage was unconvincing. He got up and kicked a servant over spilling water in front of Jianyu. After this minor tantrum he had his fingers interlock as he bowed his head. "Sir of the Ryudeshi I accept your terms." Glenn held out a hand. "Hold on, why are we limiting the dead raised? We are allies are we not?"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Jianyu had been calm to this point, his red eyes followed the water at the bend of his talons. He stared at the clear liquid and let a moment of time pass. But His Fatal Grace did not remain stiff, rushing forward and gripped the throat of the Duke. His beautiful pale features turned into a snarl and his plumage flashed up into the air, giving the old man the many red eyes all baring down at him.

“You insult any definition of peace that could be had!” Jianyu pushed the old man forward, not regarding if he landed on his chair or fell to the ground. The tall tail feathers crowning Jianyu kept erect with his flared anger. He tried to save the souls of these people, but they cast themselves to all manner of depravity. He would murder the Duke, but such principle of ethics would not reach these foreigners now. Jianyu in full peacock display turned to Strategist Glenn. “You can share the resources, we are allies. And our gains will be equal in this conquest. The dead so swiftly outnumber the living. I mediate and remind you Strategist Glenn: Ryudeshi's interests will also be met, Deathborne" Jianyu's aged scorn came heavy and in full force.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Arael regarded the water calmly as the others began to bluster. With a quaint shrug, he brought the glass to his lips and drank it down, wiping his mouth with a sigh. He threw a last, wry glance to Shi and stepped forward to join the confrontation between Jianyu and Glenn. "If I may," he interceded smoothly, "leave the poor duke alone for now. Were it our city that were attacked and invaded by monsters and foreigners, no doubt we'd respond in a similar way." If we were fools. Arael thought privately and contemptuously. "And, Your Fatal Grace, take the living, for all I care - but what claim do you have to the dead? Your interests are met by strengthening us as much as is possible. We are allies, after all, and an increase in our power is also an increase in yours."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Jianyu let his plumage throw itself down back on the ground, leaping over the table to ensure his tail would not land in the water or the massing blood. He stared at The Curator.

“Allies are made one to a degree, but we will always be separate entities. I claim only that our gains be equal in number to develop mutual trust in our campaigns. Dead populate faster than living Curator and it will be seen the Ryudeshi keep in number with your own”
    Last edited by Minkasha; 08-16-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast