Thread: [M] To Kill an Emperor

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] To Kill an Emperor

1 AD, June 22nd

Guanyu was having a long day. The news of three new territories for the Ryudeshi Emperor to rule over was good but the amount of talk he was forced to have with his vassals was straining. There was only one left and it was supposed to be done quickly. He walked through the halls of his palace past various paintings on the walls depicting previous Emperors. One he stopped at for a moment to examine it.

It was a painting of Bohai standing beside Jianyu and their sister. It depicted the three of them standing with stoic looks over the body of Baigujing the Demon Emperor. In the background were the rejoicing rebels and the man who would come to marry their sister standing with a blood spear in hand, the dragons in the sky watching over them all. Guanyu started walking again as his guards moved in unison. It was a day like any other.

Unbeknownst to the Emperor his life was in great danger. He was being brought to a far room that was quiet without any windows leading outside. It was dark save for a few candles that were lit on the table within. Two guards followed him in while the rest stayed outside. What he didn't realize was the vassal before him, Lord Zhou Bo, was in fact a member of the Gossamer Cult of the Deathborne. He appeared rather pleasant but had on him hidden in his sleeves a dagger. Beside the Emperor as he sat down with Zhou Bo were his guards, the luckiest grace for Guanyu was that these two were living. Outside stood with spears, swords, and shields, two human guards and six undead ones who were waiting for a signal.

A servant poured them both wine to drink, she was so comforting and submissive in her actions which helped to hide the garrote she carried under her sash. Outside as well talking in the hall were three ministers who seemed out of place. They stood amid plants which helped to obscure them at a distant glance. Their eyes were drawn to the room, as the ambush had been set and they were party to it. Everything was set up to kill Guanyu, the Koi Emperor, the Golden Emperor. He was completely unaware. "So Zhou Bo you wished to speak about your servant Gonsuro Rai. What is it you wish to speak about regarding him? My time is very scant and I'd rather be done with this as quickly as possible."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

A shadow slipped through the darkened corridors of the Hexin palace. Quiet and discrete, she flitted from one patch of dappled darkness to another, becoming one with the night as she did. From time to time, she'd step out into the light - smiling at a serving girl in the form of a courtier, nodding to a guard in the guise of a captain. This was her element. This was her home. This was her hunting ground.

Lixúe Xiàhóu had been her name, but now she was nobody. Now she was a mask and a dagger. Her dagger's cold destination was the heart of her avowed emperor. You are a dream, and I the dreamer. Everything was lucid, beautiful and surreal as she pressed herself up against a wall. Beyond, she knew the emperor spoke with one of his ministers. She heard the soft refrain of dialogue. Aching to stretch wings that did not yet exist, Lixúe smiled. How many girls of 17 could claim that they were assassins gifted with magical powers beyond the conception of most mortals?

Suddenly, she went rigid, melding in with the darkness as a form swept into the corridor. Her form tense, she put a finger to the blade of the knife that lay in her sleeve. The man's footsteps sounded softly through the passage. Step. Step. Step. He was past her now, and she gave an inaudible exhale.

"He sits an inch to your left. Adjust your position, or the Spinner's web will not ensnare."

Lixúe gave a quiet, grateful nod and slid slightly to one side. It was a technicality. She doubted it would even matter, but... it could be pivotal. She'd staked out the room several times already, observed the position of every chair and table. She knew just where the emperor would be sitting. She knew exactly how to strike. Her only worry was that the assassins within would be swift enough to cover the alarmed shouts of the guards.

Placing her hand to the wall, Lixúe let her mind shift into an oasis of calm. A meadow of flowers, with butterflies dancing in the spring air. This is my time. Now.

Serene as a swan, Lixúe flicked the long knife, long enough to pierce a heart, into her hand and teleported through the wall, directly behind the emperor's chair. With a swift, steady motion guided by magical enhancement and years of training, Lixúe gently pushed the man forward and drove the blade toward the Emperor's heart from behind in the same motion. With the swiftness of her teleportation and own speed, all of this took place in the space of an instant. The success of her task... now lay with the fates.

This is your signal. Silence the guards, now.
    Last edited by Evening Rain; 08-16-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

It happened in the flash of an eye. The assassin appeared in the room just at the moment Guanyu twisted in his chair. With a stern yet curious look on his face he was stabbed from behind. The knife came back bloodied as he began to bleed profusely from the back. She'd gotten him in the lung, just barely missing. Across the table the vassal jumped up and flipped the table as Guanyu fell over off the side of the chair and onto his side.

In reaction one guard raised her spear and thrust it at the vassal who brandished a knife and redirected the spear. Both started trading attacks while the second guard unsheathed his sword and put a hand on the shoulder of the assassin. Imperial coins spilled from the vassal's breast as he was cut by his opponent's spear. He tackled the first guard then against a wall as the two fought over the dagger. On the ground Guanyu was gasping for air, wheezing and coughing up blood. He tried to prop himself up on his elbow but immediately slipped on his own blood.

Then there came a glow. The emerald ring that Guanyu wore began to illuminate rapidly and from within it shot out a spirit. It was an astral copy of the Greatest of Nan, Jianyu. This creature was not able to act before the assassin, but instead the moment after as it was released from the ring. Outside there was a commotion as people screamed out while a battle occurred. The Emperor was dying.
    Last edited by Tolvo; 08-16-2017 at 03:17 AM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Lixúe's dagger went wide, and she drew it back without even a curse - preparing to stab again. At that moment, though, her eyes grew as wide as her knife as a tall, white-haired spectre was unleashed suddenly from a glowing ring that the emperor wore. There was no time to question, only time to act. Lixúe unleashed a blast of blue flame at the creature at point blanc, trying to bring it down before it fully had a chance to gauge its surroundings and maneuver around the situation. Immediately following, she would roll away and attempt to get enough distance to teleport to safety if the white-haired warrior did not fall.

1 mana expended, 7 remaining.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Jianyu’s perception only faded in, for the cackling sounds and light to take his senses. The copy of His Fatal Grace jumped back, flipping over the body he did not yet know who it was. This astral copy knew from his last memory that he was the blessing of protection for the new Emperor Guanyu. His answers of the Emperor’s status were answer with the bloody body on the ground and a fleeing youth with a knife. There were more questions than answers but His Fatal Grace was aware that would be the situation when called upon. The exact moment however, was startling.

He knelt down and picked up the Emperor. Differences aside, he had a duty to fulfill. The panic and fighting taking place around him had to become secondary. The Greatest of Nan took to his flighty talons, speeding past the guards fighting outside the doors – his glance seeing the dead among them. This clearly was a deceptive attack but not one he could investigate or end himself.

Navigating the palace, Jianyu sped his charge to the weavebringers.

“Your emperor is dying! Save him now!” The ancicient, transparent man commanded.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Narrowly the astral copy of Jianyu managed to dodge the azure fire bolt. It struck the wall and exploded in embers. A sword was held to the assassin's throat as she tried to back away. The guard roared and swung to decapitate her. But despite holding onto her the next second she was just gone. Yet another narrow escape. Then the guard fighting the vassal managed to stab him in the stomach then kicked him off the end of the spear. Both Jianyu and the assassin didn't stick around to see what would happen, as the golden astral copy got out holding the stabbed Emperor. They went right past some killed guards and beside then passed guards and ministers who were running away. What they were doing was inconsequential to Jianyu.

Jianyu moved as quickly as he could while the dying Guanyu gasped for air. In his arms he kept looking at the copy's face but was otherwise limp. He was fighting to stay conscious but it was about all he could do. As he continued to do a mix of sprinting and jumping he drew the attention of any nearby. Those who saw the state of the Emperor screamed in horror while soldiers chased behind Jianyu. After minutes of this they finally reached the temple. There wavebringers were in the midst of a cleansing ritual when they were interrupted by a glowing peacock man carrying the bleeding Emperor. They didn't ask questions and instantly set him down on a table. Next the waved their hands over a reflective pool and gathered it in the air of Guanyu's wound. The Emperor made a request. "Jianyu, stay at my side."

Outside of the room in another hallway the assassin ended up in front of an undead messenger from the Deathborne. He turned his head upon spotting her and continued to walk. Down the hall was a window that led outside to the gardens. The other side of the hall would lead her towards a small entrance to the palace meant for servants and goods deliveries.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Jianyu leaned over the table and put his yellow hue hand on the Emperor’s forehead in support. The wise, graceful figure, watched down upon the mortal man.

“I can only be here for a time, but I will stay” Jianyu looked at the healers and the guards. “You must prepare higher security and send message to me immediately and General Shi, no others. Resolve the traitors in our halls now!” Astral Jianyu held back his own frustrations. What had happened to have the Empire crumble to such betrayal? Who was seducing them? Who had such sweet temptation? He had his suspicions and had to count on his true self having more clues to solve this mystery than he himself had. For now he had Guanyu’s ear. “I will keep you safe. But every precaution has to be taken now”
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes