Thread: Interest Check: The Digital Space Arc [Mature Science Fiction]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Interest Check: The Digital Space Arc [Mature Science Fiction]

Hello I am not completely used to doing group role-plays and what not so I will be seeking a co-gm who has experience with doing group role-plays (been in a long standing one or finished one). As for how many people I would like at least three other players (for a total of four) however, I can always make more roles as they are needed! Now onto the details and information of the actual role-play!!

Digital Space Arc Information:

-Rated Mature
    -Has three separate plots in order to allow for follow up stories if the previous stories are first completed.
    -Decisions will come along in the role-play that will allow the players to possibly completely change the events of the story. These kinds of events are more random and will allow the players to vote on them in the OOC instead of letting the persona of their characters vote (in case you want something to happen that your character may not normally want)
    -Starting out each player will be allowed to two characters until the beginning of everything gets more settled down.

Now for the role-play!

Digital Space Arc:

Story 1:

With the advancement of technology and computers, so came the want and need to extend one's lifespan through the advancement of technology and computers. Around the year 2050 people figured out how to create a Brain Interface Machine that allowed people to connect a new form of virtual reality that grew to be called Digital Space. With people connected to the Digital Space the energy that their bodies would normally be using in a day was converted into a form of energy that allowed machines to perform all the jobs that no one ever wanted to do. However, due to the cost of this technology only the rich and medium wealth were ever able to afford the technology, creating a divide among those who could live in the Digital Space, and those who were forced to live outside of it.

Over time to allow more people into it, a separate version of the Digital Space was formed. A connection that bridged between the real world and the digital space, that became known as Unity Space. It allowed people who used the BIMs to control mechs in the real world in order to enforce the laws without having to worry about physical harm coming to them. This field was also the byproduct of slowly increasing resistance in the divide of social status.

As time continues forth new tests and technologies continue to appear and disappear as seen fit. Now a new test and device has arisen, one that is open to anyone in the divide. Those who are rich, or those who are poor. Those in better than perfect health, and those on death's door. Whatever the reason for the person entering the test one thing is known to each participant. Assuming that the individual survives the initial test, they stand to gain large amounts of wealth, or to have any of their other wishes fulfilled.

Information Related to this specific story:

-Digital Space is a virtual reality program. Imagine all those animes, books, games, where you can live inside a game that follows it's own rules and laws. The world of Digital Space is a fantasy world where the users can play multiple races and do many different things. From questing to raiding, crafting to gathering.

-Unity refers to the slightly altered software that allowed someone to connect from Digital Space to one of the mechs that is under government control, and likewise back to digital space. This is seen more as a way for the people who are close enough in wealth that working the mechs gives them enough money to pay for the BIM and the usual utility bills that go with it.

-The Divide refers to the separation of social status. There is the caste known as the workers, which are the people who are forced to work in the real world and suffer the usual horrible events that may come with it. (imagine them being a third world country sort of style). Those in the caste of the workers are forced to live outside the safe, walled cities and are often working for larger corporations just to barely scrape by. The second caste is known as the guards. They live inside the walled cities and usually man the mechs that work to guard the cities and make sure that no resistance rises up. They spend the moments they are asleep working the mechs, and spend the days they are awake working jobs, going to school, and doing other normal (1st world country normal) things among the city. The last caste is known as the Observers. They are the people who can afford to live inside Digital Space all the time if they choose to. Of course they have responsibilities outside of the Digital Space among the real world as well. (running the government, kids going to school, certain jobs) They tend to spend close to all of their time in the Digital Space world though.

-The Plot focuses around the beginning of these new experiments and the subjects who take them. The experiment itself mainly caters to the worker class due to the advertisement that the chance of death is high, and those wishing to undertake the test and experiment should only apply if they wish to be able to possibly change the situation that their life currently sits in.
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Interesting idea. I can Co-GM if you want.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Awesome ^^ if two other people show interest I'll go ahead and get 'er up and running ^^
    made by the lovely karma

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OH.... This looks fun

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Well if you're interested then we only need to find one more person ^^ so I'll go ahead and see about making a OOC so that I can get the roleplay some more advertisement
    made by the lovely karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Here is the OOC, I'll finish the two characters I have and advertising today, right now im having to help family with some tech issues DX
    made by the lovely karma

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

sci-fi, fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think I am up for it.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

whooooops thank you for that Angel xD and okay sweet stronger, im still finalizing some stuff up with side characters, main characters, and other stuff as well but everyone is welcome to post their characters over at the thread hehe ^^
    made by the lovely karma