Thread: (M)We the Damned IC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M)We the Damned IC

Rated M for the promises of blood, violence, monstrous sacrifice, language, slavery, fantasy racism, all around prejudice, perverted sexuality, and other such adult themes.

This is a very nonPC RP loaded with triggers...you have been warned.

We the Damned

We the Damned
    Not for Pleasure
    Or of Love
    Promise to protect and continue
    For the survival of our Species
    We lay our lives and bodies to task
    We shall bring humanity back from the edge of the night
    Or die in it's defense.

Dawn...or at least the closest thing to dawn you can get when the sun is trapped behind a completely black disc. In a world with no sun you tell the time by the meals you eat, it was between dinner and breakfast and the Great Northern Tribe was beginning it’s day. Hunters and Foragers were dressing in the heavy camouflage they must use to hide from the Gum Hunters and wild beasts. Offspring were darting around their legs asking questions, saying good-byes, and asking for monster parts. Even in the twilight of hell kids will always be kids, in other parts of the Tribe the sounds of birth and rutting could be heard playing through the din of camplife.

The news of births were once a reason to be joyous, but for some of the camp it is simply business as usual. One such man is the Wizard Mortimer Grimm, in one hand a small blue rope was clutched and in the other was the pommel of his sword. He had just spent the night aiding the Birthing Witches in bringing his sixteenth child into the world and his fourth male offspring. But like all of the others the child was only a Half-Blood. He showed signs of magical power, but no where near strong enough to be considered an Heir to the Grimm bloodline. The boy would take his female parent's name of Maxwell and be trained as a “Gifted” Fighter. Using blade and quick magical signs to be of use. The mother Danielle is one of the best close-up fighters the Great Northern Tribe knew so the boy who she convinced Mortimer to let be named Mortimer as well would be an asset.

But Danielle was resting so it fell on the Wizard Grimm to deliver the news to the Records hut. He’d been to this hut so many times he could walk the path blindfolded. It was near the top of the small hill on the East side of the camp very near the Druid’s home. Which made sense since his wife Magda was in charge of it all. The ancient pair are one of the very few married couples known in the tribes of the Damned, like all religious ceremonies it lost nearly all of it’s meaning and point when the sun stopped shining. It created too much drama and red tape, fidelity, romance, love all those things rendered moot and stupid in the face of the extinction they faced everyday. You breed with those who are a good genetic match and enjoy the couplings when they happened, but once that’s done you get your head back in the game and focus on living to see tomorrow.

The blond-haired man looked up the ridiculously steep hill and sighed deeply adjusting his sword belt and trudging his way up the carved stone steps jammed into the dirt for traction. After a few minutes even the extremely fit Wizard was breathing a littler heavier when he reached the Hut and knocked on the door. A second or two after that a dry cackling voice barked through the door.
    “Come in, come in!” Mortimer grumbled lightly, no matter the time of day or what hell was at their gates Magda was always such a cheery person.

Pushing open the door Mortimer ducked down to avoid braining himself on the low ceiling and made his way to the firepit and the wooden table behind it where four elderly women were busy scratching away in books and on sheaves of paper hunched over ledgers full of births, deaths, new breeder files, and those about to be subject to the Rite of Obligation. Mortimer knew the procedures so he simply stood quietly waiting for one of the old Crones to address him. Which considering how busy they all looked might take a little bit.

On the far right was Glinda, a tall queenly looking woman who was in charge of Deaths, next to her was Effy, a squat Dwarf-looking woman who kept track of new breeders, on the far left was Velky, who was as pale as a Vampire, but just didn’t like going outside and she was the one who kept track of the Rites of Obligation. At the center of the table was the Head Witch herself Magda and she was in charge of recording the births of every person and monster that called the Northern Tribe home. Lining the walls behind and all round the four Witches were the neatly organized boxes of records. Protected by the Druids magic so they would likely outlast mankind on this planet.

Effy huffed and harrumphed as she hefted a book from the pile behind her.
    “Oi, Velky, I got a little girl who just turned thirteen. She's a bonnie wee thing, blonde hair, blue eyes, and sizable birthing hips already. Ye got any Riters for her?”

The pale woman sniffed and slowly flipped through one of her own books.
    “Hmm yes, a boy of fifteen, he’s a week overdue for a breeding. Little peon keep complaining to our male Hunters about how he doesn’t like older girls. He says and I quote “they laugh at the size of my manhood.” So we’re going to try a young girl with no other reference point. I will send word to our Brass Collars to round them both up.” The pale woman looked past the other three to Glinda. “Glinda my dear, I have a young woman by the name of Maria Black who is due for a breeding today, but I can’t find her anywhere. Is she in your books?”

Glinda looked over her small glasses eyeing Velky up then looked down flipping through her alphabetically built book.
    “Yes, poor dear was killed two nights ago in a Dust Storm. Looks like we’ll need to replace her with someone she was a decent Rearer.”

Mortimer had an execution to get to so he couldn’t sit and listen to these hens cluck back and forth much longer. Clearing his throat he dropped the blue rope on the open page of Magda’s book.
    “My apologies ladies, but I have more important matters to attend to then standing here. I have a new male offspring to report.”

Magda picked up the small rope studying the metal plate woven into it. She was a pudgy woman, but it looked more like muscle on her old frame than fat, likely from the benefits of being married to Gia’s favorite son.
    Taking off her glasses Magda looked up at Mortimer smiling.
    “Hmm you let Ms. Maxwell call the boy Mortimer. Does this mean we finally get to put a name in the Grimm family records?”

Mortimer crossed his arms and scoffed.
    “Don’t pop your garter old woman. The child is only a Half-Blood, he’s not worthy of wearing the mantle of Grimm. Danielle thought it would be nice for the boy to know who is sire is, especially considering he’s only one of ten offspring of mine still alive.”

Glinda nodded slowly.
    “Hmm yes, six offspring killed before they even reached breeding age. Quite a loss for our little family.”

Mortimer rolled his eyes.
    “Yes family what sweetly sappy idea.”

Magda looked through her books.
    “Hmm this is the third child you’ve had by Ms. Maxwell. Do I sense some feelings oh mighty Wizard?”

Mortimer’s face reddened, but he shook it off.
    “You are going to make me sick you old crone. Danielle is a good lay and one of our best Fighters, I despise taking such a fine asset out of the field for a maternal year, but we are all bound by the Rites aren’t we?”

The old Witches cackled and Magda wrote the information down in her ledger.
    “If you say so Wizard Grimm, so for an old woman’s curiosity when will I get to put a check in the Grimm family’s box?”

As Magda finished putting the new boy’s information down Mortimer turned to leave, but stopped at her question.
    “When an attractive and reasonably powerful Pure-Blood Witch walks into our camp.Then the Grimm family’s line may continue, but for now I need to attend an execution with Hunter Jason.”

Glinda hmmed softly then nodded.
    “Oh yes, the spies, kidnappers, and non-breeders. Werewolves I believe yes?”

Mortiemr nodded exiting the door.
    “Yes, Jason gets to hang another pair of skins from the ramparts. Good day ladies.” With another sigh Mortimer hitched his sword belt again and headed for the Tribal Square where Jason would be with the Werewolf prisoners.

---

Jason sat unnaturally still in the corner of his “home” a faux creation to give the illusion of being a sleeping, eating human. An illusion no one really shared considering his last task had been to literally rip the arms off of a man seeking to harm the future generation in his own sick perversion. That had been a task that both Jason and “R4ZH4H-X1” had enjoyed. R4ZH4H-X1 being the mental designation given to the robotic Gum Hunter Jason’s soul inhabited.

Typically these robotic hunters were indistinguishable from their human victims. They ate, breathed, slept, all in a faux attempt to appear human. Jason and “R4ZH4H” had not done any of those things since the robotic hunter was captured and forced to accept a human soul as it’s master. Now the entirety of the AI’s processing power was devoted to the task of attempting to regain control of it’s body. Such simple processes as ‘breathing’ and the circulation of ‘blood’ to simulate the natural movement and tremor of a human body were left defunct.

Jason, in the hours when he wasn’t doing something awful to another human being, devoted much of his time to mentally beating back the robotic consciousness, as were his orders. Jason enjoyed existing inasmuch as someone with no emotional chemical response could enjoy something. Not that Jason could miss things. Turns out even the simple process of missing and longing for something is not ingrained in the spirit, but were entirely chemical responses of the natural human brain.

Jason was a spirit in a robot’s body without benefit of a chemical brain to give him the illusion of humanity. There were only two realities to Jason. Existence and Orders. His existence was guaranteed by the mere act of suppressing the robotic will, a trivial task some of the time and others a monumentally challenging proposition. And so his Orders took up the rest of his time. Orders being the magical compelling of his soul to do the bidding of his Masters. Not that Jason minded, or harbored any ill will. Those were chemical emotions. Something he didn’t have. Nor did he have gratitude. His only emotion was that of an abstract satisfaction or dissatisfaction propagated by the spell forms on his soul.

A new thought entered his consciousness as an order for the Brass Collars was given by the Witches of the Hill. It was a very slight feeling of dissatisfaction for himself of a job left undone. Jason moved to the exit of his hut and stepped out onto the square. “Let's go” he ordered to a pair of men wearing a brass loop close around their necks. Being Brass Collars came with privilege, but also danger. The Brass Collars were specially designed by Mortimer and the King with spell forms giving Jason total control over their actions when on duty. Failure meant an instant death as the Brass Collar constricted rapidly, cutting a head off in seconds.

You couldn’t just volunteer to become a BC, as the locals called them for short. Brass Collars are the most skilled warriors, given training in the arts of combat, retrieval, and tracking as well as investigation, interrogation, and Law under the King’s Writ. They were like Judges from that movie Mortimer kept talking about, only more brutal and final.

“Our prisoners today are the Spies you two tracked down last night. The order came from the top and it is time for the other shoe to come down. An example is being made so do not kill them,”

The two BC’s nodded and moved off to gather their brethren and collect the prisoners. A full show of force would be made today with all of of the BC’s present with their leader and Mortimer.

Jason met Mortimer on the path to the Square and answered the unspoken question.

“Pair of Subjects captured and set for examples. The arrest did not go according to plan and it cost the lives of five local fighters who attempted to assist our forces in the arrest. They have been marked for a place of honor for going above what their duty required, their resting place in the Hallowed Grounds. When the subjects were subdued we entered their living quarters and found several children trussed up and hidden behind a faux wall. They were returned to the Aged Ones to continue growing until they take the Rites”

Mortimer nodded at the Gum Hunter his staff clacking softly on the ground.
    “Good, as pointless as “honoring” the dead in this world is the ignorant masses like being told they’re worth more than they really are. So give me the details in how the capture and investigation went. I’ll need it to make a grand speech before you and the BCs draw, quarter, and skin the Freaks.”

“They make good fertilizer, according to Our King,” Jason remarked offhand in a very factual way. “The Arrest started off according to plan. Myself and Two BC’s surrounded the hut. Both subjects were present, I could hear their hearts beating. Something, probably their enhanced hearing, tipped them off to our presence, indicated by the male’s heart increasing in tempo. I ordered the BC’s in through the two secondary entrances and I held the main entrance. The Male burst through the wall of the dwelling followed by the female, attempting to escape via their superior speed. This drew the attention of two Locals who drew on them and attempted to slow them down. Their deaths were quick, but they did slow down the pair long enough for me to catch up with the female. I kicked out and shattered her hip bones. She fell and the male turned savage, he threw himself at me and I sidestepped. Unfortunately he landed on a trio of females from another domicile and slew them in his rage. I caught him by both of his arms and dislocated them before slamming him into the ground and Collaring him while the BC’s collared the Female. The spells on the Collars worked as intended and they were forcibly domesticated. The BC’s healed the female of her fractures for their appointment with me today,”

Mortimer nodded a small smile crossing his face as his pictured the quick and easy take down. It always amused him to think of the Freaks of nature being battered, but the smile vanished when Jason said they healed the Female.

“Hmm, so the rumors of the Druid trying to appear merciful ring true then. I remember when you and the BCs were encouraged to destroy and torture the criminals before execution.” Mortimer shook his head as they crested the slope leading to the natural bowl where the village square was located. The people were already gathered around the black fountain and the BCs were in a line between the silent villages and the gallows where the executions would take place. Before the fountain were two more BCs and the prisoners. They were naked and kneeling before the people their hands and feet bound behind them.

Mortimer shook his head.
    “Too bad she’s a Freak. The Female is well formed and a Virgin, might’ve been a valuable asset for us. Go on ahead Jason ready the Healer’s Scourge and your filleting knife and bring them up to the gallows.” Mortimer moved for the podium on the back of the gallows to prepare.

Jason nodded and continued forward where Mortimer had stopped to address the crowd from a podium for this occasion. Jason continued up to the two BC’s stationed behind the two prisoners and nodded. Both drew forth their Healers Scourges. A cruel wooden rod with leather straps attached to the end and metal spiked balls attached to the end of the leather straps. The rod was enchanted so that when the whip landed on flesh it would heal only seconds after the strike while leaving the pain of the lash behind.

Both BC’s drew back and started flaying the two alive, their motions precise and merciless while Mortimer read the charges. After their initial screams of pain drowned the Wizard out Jason barked “You will be SILENT” his voice amplifying over the din. The Collars on their neck forced supplication and they fell silent despite the pain of the Scourge. Then he went back to sharpening his knife, the soft slide of metal barely heard over Mortimer’s words. Jason hadn’t wielded a Healers Scourge since the first time, when he had inadvertently split a man in two on the first strike. Even the Druid's magic couldn’t heal death.

As Jason and his BCs regained silence from the two prisoners Mortimer rose his voice into the air and began reading the charges and punishments.
    “Jesse Spaford, Jamie Curtness you are here today for the crimes of Non-Breeding, Espionage for an Overlord, killing five of our fighters, and the kidnapping of the Great Northern Tribes’ offspring. As one these crimes are punishable by lashing, torture, and staking out to die a slow death. But together they warrant lashings for each count of crime then Drawing, Quartering, and Skinning. You will die here today, but it will be a long and painful death befitting such dire crimes. What do you have to say for yourselves?”

The Female Jamie was in too much pain to speak, but Jesse a bold buggerer snarled up at Mortimer.
    “We say go fuck yourselves you filthy close minded bigot! WE CHOSE TO LOVE WHO WE CHOSE TO LOVE WHEN WE CHOSE TO LOVE AND WE WEREN’T GOING TO LET YOU BLIND ANOTHER GENERATION WITH YOUR PSYCHOTIC WAYS! YOU HEAR ME YOU...unnff!” The BC behind him cracked the Scourge across the young monster’s head dislocating his jaw so he could no longer speak. Unperturbed by the outburst Mortimer continued reading the charges.

“You are hypocritical fools and those children you were going to hand over to the Overlord would’ve wished for death at the end of the first day. Now each of you will receive a lash for every fighter you killed, every offspring you stole, and every ounce of information you gave to our enemies. That is twenty lashes apiece! Hunter Jason, begin the punishment.”

Without a word the two BC’s deactivated the Healer's Gift the Druid had placed on the Lashes. They began to cut and tear into flesh without healing the damage done, while multiplying the pain felt tenfold for each lash.

“You are not to lose consciousness,” Jason told the two victims. Their Collars would keep them awake through the whole ordeal. After twenty lashes they activated the Healer’s gift once more and delivered a final lash, healing the damage done but leaving the absolutely mind altering pain in place before taking their place alongside their ten brethren. Jason stood from his seat and stalked forward, knife in hand.

From the crowd of villagers an enraged voice shouted over the whimpers of the prisoners.
    “How is this any better than the Overlord Claw’s Estate! I’ve talked to Runaways and none of them have said anything about people being beaten and skinned alive to show a point! You are the true monsters he…*smack*!” A BC had shoved her way through the crowd and leveled the voice with a single punch to the head. She lifted her Spiked hammer high readying to smash the protester's head like a melon, her pure white cape fluttering behind her. The crowd was silent waiting for the final blow, but a strong clear voice from behind the gallows stopped the BC’s attacked and forced her to quickly drop to her knee and bow low. “Enough.”

The other Brass Collars followed quickly after and both Jason and Mortimer stood straight and tall their heads bowing low. From the top of the hill a tall powerfully built man dressed in rags and a crown of evergreen boughs began walking down. The crowd bowed down in reverence as their Beggar King, Acaryas Duvais approached. Walking on bare feet the Druid moved past the prisoners and to the unconscious protester, kneeling down he placed his hand over the man’s swollen mouth healing him instantly and bringing him to full wakefulness. The King let out a benign smile and helped the man up before embracing him like a father to his son.
    “Be well, my son. Our world may not be perfect, but it is better than the alternatives.” He kissed the man on his forehead then walked slowly back through the crowd and up the gallows steps bowing to Mortimer before taking the Wizard’s place behind the podium.

Spoiler: Extremely Mature content, read if you are able, but DO NOT go crazy if you do, there is rape, murder, torture, death, and savagery beyond this spoiler 

Mortimer’s face was clenched in rage he needed something to vent his anger upon. The two prisoners were still there and with a thundering roar Mortimer sent two large spears of lighting through the backs of the prisoners killing them instantly. He looked up and the Druid was already gone. The Wizard took a few deep breaths then scanned the crowd his eyes sparked with magic and he spoke in a low dangerous voice. “Finish them.” He snarled motioning over the dead prisoners, the BCs quickly returned to keeping the crowd of villages in place while Jason finished the demonstration.

And with that Jason began the process of skinning the two werewolves. It wouldn't take long considering how practiced a hand he was at the task. The whole while Mortimer, still boiling over with rage at the sickness of the Monsters stared into the hearts and souls of every individual still gathered around the square to watch Jason work.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 08-25-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

There was a commotion at the square, and the man paused, giving the gathering a curious look. It must be important if there were that many people there. Popping his collar up, he tucked his scarf to his nose, hiding the lower part of his face as he joined the crowd, keeping his head down so he wouldn't stand out. He came just in time to hear the charges being pressed on the couple. The male— Ismael didn't catch his name— began to talk back, and the man stared apathetically at them. This earned even more lashings, and he averted his eyes, feeling his chest rumble as the hostility in the crowd.

One of the villagers protested and was immediately dealt with. He shook his head. They should learn how to keep their opinions to themselves. Instead, he tilted his head back up, quietly waiting for the ordeal to finish, when a familiar voice called out to the BC. As one with the crowd, he parted, keeping himself small and unnoticeable as he listened to the words.

Of course, this was information he already knew, though not with this much explicit detail. He was reminded of the sweet child with rosy cheeks who bestowed his name upon him, and anger bloomed in his chest. If they get their hands on her, he would never forgive himself. Then again, how was he any different? He did sleep around, but in his defense, he never went after children, and often, he had no choice or else he'd feel faint. He sighed, probably a little too loudly because a few heads turned his way. He shook his head.

This is what the world has come to nowadays. He lowered his head, trying to fight the oncoming headache. To protect, that's why he goes through such lengths. He doesn't understand why these two would give children, helpless children, to the overload. He clicked his tongue. They deserved death, and yet, at the same time, he felt sorry for them.

It was a struggle for Ismael to keep his eyes on the dying pair. The dark, murky color seemed to harden at the sight before he raised them to meet their overseerer's gaze. The crowd began to disperse, some unable to stomach he sight of such punishment, but Ismael just tugged his scarf higher and kept on watching. "That's probably a better fate rather than to be tossed with the Overlord." He commented softly, voice a quiet rumble that had those around him looking around for the source. He watched intently as the life drained from their eyes. He breathed out softly, crossing his arms over his chest as he continued to observe. Hunted and skinned like animals. Ismael promised himself that he'd make himself useful after this. Hopefully, they'd have some work for him. He let out another breath.
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

As another dawn descends upon the soil Kora calls home now, she silently leaps from one tree to another keeping her vision sharply upon the animal foraging through the patch of woods. She could easily drop down from the trees upon the animal and simply snap it’s neck, however she intends on bringing this animal back to the village she has spent her last 60 days at so does not want to arouse stories by bringing an animal back with no visible wounds. She removes her crossbow and slips an arrow with tip soaked in a natural nerve sedative. As the animal approaches her position, the ting of the bow sends the arrow silently whispering through the air striking the animal. The impact causes the animal to take flight where she drops out of the tree and easily can pace the animal till such time the sedative takes effect. She moves to the animal while removing the dagger within her boot inserting the blade into the central nervous system of its head resulting in a quick death.

Although she was originally scouting the area overnight, she was not going to miss an opportunity to bring back food for the village she now resides. Crouching down alongside the medium sized deer, she wraps a rope around the animal’s body dragging it along the ground till she is close to the village. She lets out a shrill whistle to attract the attention of several hunters who were heading out for a hunt. She would let the men carry the animal though she could probably manage herself, but again, no need to draw unnecessary attention to herself.

It had been 60 evenings ago from when she first entered this village and first had the acquaintance with Magda to record her entry to this territory. Next met was Effy whom on first glance, the dwarf looking woman let out a squeal
    “My word, you look wondrous, let me see who I can get you with my dear.”
    Effy’s glee soon turned to disappointment when Kora explained that she could not conceive. Decades ago she had decided to sterilize herself … relation between herself and a human male resulted in a disastrous offspring eventually finding the necessity to destroy the offspring and the human male. She explained to Effy however that she had a mishap early in life resulting in her being unable to carry child.

Knowing how these villages seemed to function, before Effy could say anything, Kora did explain that she was a skilled fighter and did well at recon tasks.

Kora’s mind snaps back from thoughts of her first entry into the village as she could see a those residing making their way toward the village square. She mingles within the crowd proceeding toward the square. As she gets closer, she picked up the scent of Lycans before she caught sight of the bound and naked man and woman kneeling before the fountain. She moved a little closer to the front of the crowd as she knew these two would be put to death slowly and painfully, a slight smile graced her lips.

As the blond man approached the podium and the other began administering lashes against the flesh of the two Lycans, she felt a slight disappointment in the blonde ordering those tortured to be silent. Mortimer finally began reading the charges before asking the condemned if they had words they wished to speak. The male starts to speak… mentions Love.

Love… what a joke. That concept has been used too often as reasoning for committing acts of violence and hatred … all in the name of … Love. One of the BCs silenced the male as Mortimer continued reading charges.

Finally, the punishment started in earnest. With each lash administered to the Lycans, Kora remained emotionless as the pain was evident on their faces. Had she seen so much death and needless violence that she finally became immune to other’s suffering, with these being Lycan’s, she at least expected to find some pleasure in watching their demise. Yet all she felt was a cold emptiness.

As another stalked forward toward the Lycan’s holding a knife, a meaningless voice of protest was shouted from the crowd before a BC silenced the protester. Before the BC ended the protesters life, a single word “Enough” drifted through the morning air.

She bowed her head while keeping eye contact and enhanced hearing focused on any movement around her as the raggedy King Duvais approached. She remained aware of her surroundings as the King made his way to the protester then to the podium.

During the Kings words, she could hear several sniffles and whimpers from the crowd, some had whispered words such as ‘that poor man’ and ‘the pain he must feel’. Her only thought about the horrors that the raggedy King was describing was
    ‘He must have been held by tame Lycans’.

Her thought was interrupted as Mortimer, in a fit of rage, thrust lightning bolts sparing the two Lycan’s further pain and suffering as death wrapped itself around the two. There were gasps from the crowd that she could not understand, after all, death is death no matter how it comes.

Although she was not able to listen to the two Lycans scream in agony any longer, she remained watching emotionlessly as Jason continued skinning the corpses well aware of Mortimer’s intense focus on those still remaining in the square.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Max looked at the rather large walls, small frown forming across his lips. He wasn't a fan of the large town, more so the people inside. They were a tight knit group, following the rules and orders very closely. To him it just appeared like a massive beast lurking down on him, ready to spring upon him the second things turned sour. When given the time to dwell on it, he became nervous of the place, but other than that he did enjoy being there. With a steadying breath he pulled the sack closer to his back and entered the tribe, passing the guards with a smile and wave.

Entering he was just in time to see the crowd dispersing, the BC finishing up flaying the skin of prisoners. A shudder ran through his spine as he turned from the spectacle, moving thus to the market. His first stop was the blacksmiths, wanting to get the hides and leathers traded and his weapons traded. It was the quickest way to gather food and prepare his weapons needed.

“Good morning. Quite the start to the day.” Maxwell cheered as he entered the place, waving to the burly man behind the stall. One could easily see the faux leg proping the man up, a sword resting upon his desk with a cloth in his hand.

“Max, good to see you alive. Been a while and worried you might have been eaten or taken to one of the mansions.” The smithy spoke cheerfully as they shared a hearty handshake.

“Nay, I don't taste that well and I've found a good hole to hide in. I got some fresh hide and skins for you though.” Maxwell replied cheerily, dropping the sack onto the table. The man seemed to sober up and grow serious, knowing that the man had come to do business. They began to barter back and forth, debating the quality and quantity. Eventually they managed to settle their debate, Maxwell having his weapons cleaned and sharpened, along with a decent supply of fruits and some bandages for her.

“Hey, is Marianne still with us?” Maxwell asked, holding up just outside the door while looking at the small figurine of a dog sitting on a ledge.

“Of course. She's into her fourth month of her pregnancy. She's working in the healers tent.” The smithy chuckled at the sheen in Maxwell’s eyes. A quick trade had the small figurine in his hand and saw him darting off. One of the few reasons he went to the large tribe, and the main reason he had learned healing skills. Marianne, a healer and a damn good one, was the most beautiful he had seen. Close enough to get him to stay, but not close enough to get him to stay.

Beautiful as she was, the massive tribe and thriving rules still put him off, leaving him nervous and uncomfortable. This was already looking to be an interesting day.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

They had watched the camp since the afternoon before, and the occupant was alone. The trio were patient, as they would not have to fight their larger siblings for the chance to eat. So they waited till the early hours of the morning before they made their approach.
    Two of the werewolves charged into the camp while the third circled the perimeter to prevent their prey’s escape. The faster of the two barreled into the small tent, while the trio's leader stopped in the middle of the camp. The tent collapsed as the werewolf slipped and crashed into the back wall. Snarls erupted from the tangled heap. “Were es et? Were es et?”

“Stop whinin’,” Snapped the leader, “Kill teh meat.”

“S’not 'ere” came the whimpered reply. The mass of canvas and werewolf slowed in the creatures confusion.

“It ran?” The leader asked. Turning from the tent, it raised it's voice. “Catch it before it 'sca-”

The point of a spear erupted from the werewolf’s throat, interrupting the command. The spearhead rotated, before being withdrawn. The creature collapsed and behind the corpse was a leanly muscled man, standing in a small crevice that looked unable to conceal him. His face was hidden behind a shemagh, one that wrapped around his neck and head, hiding his features. The human strode to his collapsed tent, jabbed his spear into the ground. He then drew back his foot and launched a solid kick into the trapped monsters side. He repeated the action causing the creature to yelp and whimper.

Between the interrupted order, and the repeated yelping drew the third back towards the camp. It slid to a stop upon witnessing the scene in the middle of the campsite. Seeing the largest of them lying dead, and their prey kicking a whimpering pile of canvas the remaining werewolf bellowed it's rage. Gathering itself it leapt towards the human. As the monster left it's feet the man moved in a blur, and a silvery streak intercepted the creature midair. It's body landed behind the human and slid to a halt, a tomahawk embedded between the eyes.

Lan moved no more than was necessary to kick the trapped werewolf, keeping it from drawing a full breath. Finally the yelps and whimpers ceased, and the man stopped kicking. Retrieving his spear, the hunter quickly untangled the monster. The human's lips tightened briefly at the rents the creature’s claws made in the tent walls; Lan’s eyes moved from the damage to study the beast.

Carefully he grabbed an ankle and dragged it aside. While it was still unconscious he staked the monster out. While he waited Lan carefully skinned the other two bodies using the spear; He gripped the weapon just below the spearhead, and used the blades edge. As he finished, Lan noticed movement from the corner of his eye. Standing the hunter moved to the werewolf’s side and crouched next to it. His voice was as expressionless as his face as he studied the creature. “This will be easiest if you simply answer the questions I ask; Otherwise this will get painful. Now where is your den located, and how many remain there?”

The only response the human received was the snapping of the beast's jaws. Lan spent the next few hours familiarizing the monster with intense pain. Once silence fell on the campsite Lan collected his third pelt. He harvested the teeth and claws from the corpses as well. Lan broke down his camp and headed out. An hours walk later and the Branwen’s eyes fell upon a walled community with a pair of werewolf pelts hanging from the ramparts.

His spear and buckler slung, Lan approached with his hands held out to the side. He was unfamiliar with this place and knew better to approach armed his first time. He spoke as he reached the gates. “I have trade to offer, and seek entrance. I will submit to your tests.”
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mortimer watched as Jason finished his grisly work and the BCs scattered the onlookers. Jason's work was done and it was on the BCs to tack the skins to the outer wall. The Wizard stood tall and stern upon the gallows watching the meek and cowed rub elbows with the angry and defiant. His sparking eyes stared long and hard at these defiant few. Particularity Kora and Ismael, a Vampire Scout and half breed Siren Assassin. Just remembering their files made him sneer gently, he hated the fact creatures like them were even allowed within the Tribe's walls let alone be brought along on missions.

But he curbed his anger once more and took a few deep breaths dismounting the gallows and walking towards the pair. Unfortunately the Druid saw potential in them both and since they have mostly proven beneficial to the cause of "peace" as was called the grand pipe dream the Raggedy King had rolling around his head. And while neither Jason nor Mortimer see the point of it all the whole time, once in awhile the Druid lets them do what they do best. In this case a mission a few months in the making has slid across the Resistances' war table. He signaled for Jason to go gather some other Fighters among his Guilds and Fight Clubs before moving towards the gallow's steps.

The Great Northern Tribe isn't the only tribe of the Damned still scratching out a living in this hellscape and as life has a knack for doing the Damned are not the only pocket of old world civilization living. By sheer dumb luck a very small number of Tribes have survived still clinging to the feeble notions of the old world. Free love, equality, love, family, the sickening list goes on, but like everything else in this world many of the fringes groups have fallen prey to the Beasts. And in the process precious resources are lost or destroyed, food, medicine, technology, and most importantly prime breeding stock. Strong men and fertile women are the only hope for any shred of mankind to survive the Horrors of this world.

But there are rare chances for the Damned Tribes to save some of their more idiotic cohabitants of Hell. From time to time Mortimer, Jason and a few select fighters are given the chance to enter one of these fringe groups and either welcome them into the way of the Damned...or give them the swift death the Overlords would never give them and they can go into the dust with the comfort of their resources being commandeered and used to keep the human race going. Sadly there has never been a Saving they didn't end in some kind of blood shed, but if they can strike quick enough and only take out enough of the undesirable to take the fight out of the rest of the group they can maximize asset acquisition while minimizing the wasting of valuable resources. In his experience he found speed and surprise work best and both Kora and Ismael are good for that.

He stopped a few feet short of them and motioned for them to follow him.
    "Come Ms. Rey, Mr. Ismael we have another mission." He didn't wait for them to answer him and simply took off for the War Hut near the Western wall. He passed the Northern Gates and stopped his senses were constantly on the look-out for fellow magic users and outside the gates he senses a small, but bright aura of magic. Cresting the ramparts quickly he leaned over and studied the young man. He recognized the boy's dress immediately, a Hunter one of the old world's original monster slayers, or at least a direct descendant of the group. They are known for being loose cannon lone wolves, putting themselves in ridiculously dangerous situations on a regular basis and often going in guns blazing as the old saying goes. But they are also prime allies to have on your side, Mortimer, Jason, and the Druid have sent envoys out to try and find these Hunters many times, but they are too well-hidden and that's likely the reason they have existed so long.

"Hail young Hunter, welcome to our compound. Your groups reputation precedes you, come inside I have something I believe will make your Elders proud." The Wizard waved his hand sending his senses down to scan the young man's form breaking through any guile a monster impersonating him might use, the bright iridescent light surrounded the Hunter swirling about him like a wave. The scan only needed a few seconds to work and as the boy was still standing no worse for the wear the gates were opened and he was admitted. Mortimer met him at the gates and motioned for a guard to take the offered trade items.

"Your items will be stored safely in the guard house and returned to you once we are done. Now follow me." Mortimer continued towards the War Hut when he saw a familiar face by the Blacksmith's stall. Another young Wizard, one Maxwell Camridge, while not a classically trained Mage like the Grimms a Wizard is a Wizard and they are useful. He shouted across the market to the young man and the people fell instantly silent looking between Mortimer and Maxwell. It was not often a yell from the Wizard meant good things. He waved to the spellsword.
    "Young Wizard Camridge, your little rendezvous with maid Marianne will have to wait! You are being drafted. And who knows maybe you can catch yourself a mate and and join us in trying to rebuild the world! Fall in with the others behind me!" With that Mortimer and his small squad moved for the War Hut.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ismael probably shouldn't have returned the stare. He could sense the hostility in the wizard's eyes, and yet, he still blinked in his direction, stubbornly meeting his gaze. He wondered if this meant he was getting a new assignment. That was good. His last one was three days ago, and he's getting hungry and antsy. A mission almost always meant free food, free if he manages to seduce the target while gathering information and a eating an offered meal out of it. Mostly, it was free though.

The young half-breed blinked his thoughts out, his hunger not really all that distracting. His ears perked up at the mention of his name and he glanced at Kora, having seen her around a few times, and gave the vampire a polite nod. His first ever victim was a vampire. He had a good meal out of that and a lot of helpful information. Doesn't mean she doesn't make him uncomfortable. He tugged the scarf higher, almost covering the bottoms of his eyes as he walked behind Mortimer.

Of course, the appearance of the young hunter had him blinking curiously. A new face perhaps? He averted his eyes, trailing to the back of the group as Maxwell was called over as well. He furrowed his brows. Well... This is an odd group. Maybe they were being given separate assignments? It's plausible. He let out a soft sigh, barely audible though the power emanating from his words were there, causing eyes to turn and look for the source. Ismael fought the urge to sigh again and opted to lower his head even more.

Steps falling in sync with the ones in front of him, he trailed after the obediently, already sorting things out in his brain. This is the best he could do at the moment: speculate. Hopefully, this mission wouldn't take that long. He still needs to get home or else she would be worried about him, like she always does. He shook the thought out, stepping inside and not giving the room a curious look. Ismael was taking note of all the areas though.
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡