Thread: [M] Kenna the Land Owner

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] Kenna the Land Owner

1 AD, June 29th

Kenna found herself in a nice large building. She was in a town hall out in the West, in formerly Destruin lands. After the defeat of the Great Destroyer the Destruin practically fell apart, save for a few holdouts. Along the walls were paintings of refined nobility and battle sites. On a table off to the side were fresh fruits. Apples, grapes, and some strange thing. It was the color orange, whatever it was called though Kenna did not know.

From a door came a demon wearing robes with a pair of spectacles on his face. He had black fur on his arms and his head ha horns sticking out of his temples. His legs were like that of a goat and he came over with multiple pieces of parchments. The demon brought them to a desk as an alderwoman came out from the same back room. She was dressed finely and had a sword on her hip with an ornate scabbard holding it. Her doublet was a nice maroon and her leggings were crimson and checked with black. "Here we are Commander Kenna, the charter. We'll be looking through plots of land just as you asked." The demon spoke up a bit. "Yes there are a lot still open after the fall of Destruin."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Kenna brushed a stray piece of her long blonde hair out of her eyes. Her fur was neatly brushed over, an effort that took some hours for the small warrior as she had gone a long time without a proper fur brushing. She only wore parts of her armor, mostly neglecting the plates and had left her Hammer outside where it sat next to her small horse Hamfast.
    "That's part of the reason I began looking out here sir. Though truth be told I do wish we could have come to a less bloody conclusion to the conflicts. Spirits know the world has had enough bloodshed to last a thousand years in the last few months alone."
    Kenna gave an awkward smile, she was not used to this sort of environment. As much as she loved peace, she felt out of place anywhere but with warriors, perhaps it was just her childhood among the elves that brought that about, but it still followed her to this day it seemed.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The demon nodded at her remarks while he flipped through page after page. "Oh this one sounds nice. Plenty of acres, but, oh it's in Troll Country. No wonder it's so cheap. Well let's see, this one is near Demon's Head, East of it. At the mouth to the woods, hmm but that's Troll country too. Maybe I should ask mam, what exactly are you looking for having on your land?"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

"Well I am rather fond of wooded areas, in truth I don't need all that much land, I intend to build for someone of my size."
    Kenna scratched her fuzzy chin and smiled excitedly.
    "Yeah forested land sounds just about right, someplace with tall trees and thick bushes, maybe a bit of room for a garden, it's been so long since I had the chance to grow some berries." Kenna shook her head bringing her usual more calm appearance back.
    "I'm sorry, I got lost in a bit of memory there, but yes someplace with woodland sounds just about perfect for me."

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

"It being in Troll Country doesn't bother you? I don't know if you know what Trolls are. They're much bigger than me and you, over twice your size, and eat whoever they come across. They're worse than the Destruin were!" The Alderwoman placed a hand on the demon's shoulder. "Easy for a demon to say. The Trolls at least didn't destroy the land as well." She shook her head and frowned before smiling and looking to Kenna. "So should we write you down for that plot of land? You'll be a freeholder now, not just anyone anymore."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Kenna gave a short chuckle.
    "Sir I have seen things and killed things well bigger than that, I swear the spirits like to make sport of it. Besides, if I ever come across any I think I can more than handle myself."
    Kenna then gave the woman a nod.
    "I was hardly anyone to begin with, that'll not change from my perspective. But yes, I'll take what risks are involved."

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

"If you say so." The demon looked over the papers again. He reshuffled them with a specific one on top. "You'll need to sign here." He placed the charter down on the table near to them. From an inkwell he pulled a pen out and held it out for Kenna to use. The alderwoman rubbed her chin. "Who exactly are you by the way? You look familiar, like you're someone I should know."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Kenna took the quill and then stared at the blank space for a second, her mind and to work to determine what to put down, in the end she settled for her name, though she ended up using her native language since she really couldn't write in anything else.
    "My name? It's Kenna, also I do hope it is ok if I sign in runic, I can't actually write in anything else."

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The alderwoman's eyebrows twitched. "You can't, write? Runes, what are runes?" Next to her the demon man looked over the paper. He set down another beside it and took the pen and wrote out Kenna's name. "See this here, is how to write your name. Just draw what I drew on this sheet in the blank space. We can't use Barbarian runes for this. It's not legal."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

"I think the language does not matter here, becasue what I wrote is simply my name. I write in runes becasue I could never quite learn your own form of writing. I do apologize if it is not convenient."
    Kenna shook her head, some people were so particular about theses things, but it didn't matter here. These were their rules so Kenna decided to abide by them.
    "If you insist I will use your language then."
    Smiling at the Demon Kenna looked over the lettering, then with a surprisingly heroic effort, managed to get a fairly legible copy of her name down on the paper. She noted how much more writing hurt than it did with her native runes.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal