Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Private Lessons in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The cat ran in the opposite direction of the flying book. Then, after watching it a few moments, dashed after it. Tapping it with her paw, waiting for it to move. Then, looking impatiently up at Fira, as if expecting her to make it move again.

Hael gently took the wand from her, and set it next to the other wand on the table. She gestured to an empty pair of desks, motioning for the girl to sit down, then also sitting down. "Let's forget the magic for a moment. Tell me about yourself." She said kindly. Almost like one would expect a mother to.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira ignored the cat as Professor Hael took her wand back and set it down. When she motioned to Sit Fira frowned for a moment, certainly expecting a lecture or something. She set down crossing her arms and leaning back in the chair. What she wasn't expecting was to be asked to talk about herself. "What?" Fira said taken back, her confusion crossed her face. "Whats there to say?" She asked confused about why she was asking now. There wasn't much to say, she was pretty much a Delinquent or probably seen that way, She didn't have really any friends.. accept maybe katrin now. She still wasn't entirely sure about how that had happened or how she felt about it. But it was a thing... even if she was a snake.

"Uh..." Fira said looking around the room as she thought. "I guess, I'm loner. I've got a temper to match My name, I'm a mud blood and everyone knows I'm nothing but trouble waiting to happen." She said looking back at the women.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael chuckles. "Relax. I'm not lecturing you. I simply wish to get to know who you are. Not who you think everyone says you are. But, who you are."

The cat, seeing both the teacher and student sitting, walks over to them. She purrs, rubbing against, and winding her way around, Katrin. Then, finally, with a determined Meow! she jumps on the girls lap and lays down. Purring happily.

Hael doesn't say a word as she watches this. Instead turning her attention back to Fira. "Mudblood?" She asks curiously. Obviously having a distaste for the term. "Tell me of your family."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira shrugged at what she said. Who was she? That was a good question. Monster. She shoved the thought back down to the depths of her mind from where it had floated up from. She jumped when the cat leaped onto her lap. "Okay, Sheesh.' She grumbled before slowly pet the animal with the stiffness of someone ready to with draw their hand when the animal changed their mind on a whim. This was a strange year, Ever since that incident animals had been wry of her even hostile, but this year she had not one but two animals a cat and a dog who were nither. She wasn't sure if she was uncomfortable with it or... how she felt about it.

"I a hot head with no social skills in this magical world." She said finely. Clear the professor didn't have a great liking to the name, Personally Fira didn't care when someone slung it at her, or at least that's how she thought she felt. She shrugged. "My mums a witch." She said simply. "My dads a muggle." She said touching her Dog tags under her shirt. So much for luck. "He's in the military, So he taught me a lot about defending myself and how to beat the other guy and how to think on my feet. mum taught me a bit about magic and home making." She shrugged.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Now we're getting somewhere. She thought to herself. This particular student was going to prove difficult.

"I was much the same, when I was your age." She said with a fond chuckle. "It can be used to your strength. Despite what most would tell you."

She listens as the girl talks of her family. Having noticed the strange muggle necklace she had worn. Hael had been raised in the muggle world as well. Knew the significance of the object. "Magic can be much the same. Your father taught you to look after yourself. To defend yourself. That is what this class is. Your father gave you the tools you needed in his world. Let me give you the tools you need in this world." She said with a smile. "We will continue what your father started. Then, you'll be able to write home to him. Tell him all the new things you've learned for defense."

Meanwhile, the cat had completely fallen asleep on her lap.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira found that hard to believe, but didn't say so out loud. "I don't see how." She said simply. "Magic and muscle seem to be two very different things here and I'm good at one and not good at the other." She looked to the side. Write home to dad huh? He and mum would probably be more then happy to hear about it, if she could accomplish it. "Like what?" she asked. "We saw how well the wands went down."

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael chuckles at her skepticism. "I think, if we keep practicing, we'll find something. Muscle and magic. They aren't that different. It's simply a different type of muscle you have to train. I'm sure you remember how difficult things were when you first began learning the muscle half. Perhaps simple charms aren't your forte. Perhaps we will try something different."

With this vague comment, she stands up moving to the front of the classroom. A small bit of wandless magic, and a nice space cleared, the desks pushing towards the edge. Through all the noise and movement, the cat continued to sleep.

Once the space cleared, a nice size mat unrolled itself. Creating a clear gym like space for them.

"I assume you've been trained in martial arts? Let us begin with that."

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira listened nodding a little. She supposed that made a little sense. After all they said the mind was a muscle to and you straightened it by learning right? "Try something different?" She asked watching Hael stand and move to the front of the room. with out even using a wand she moved the desks out of the way. Fira watched with a bit of wounder before looking to the women taken back by her question. "Well ya, a bit." She said confused. "Wait, you want to... Brawl?" She asked looking over the mat.

She glanced down at the sleeping cat for a moment before she tentatively picked it up trying not to take it as she placed it on one of the desks so she could stand. Once she did she stepped on the mat still clearly confused as to what they were doing now.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The cat opens one eye and looks up at her, yawning with an indignant Meow! Hael chuckled at this. "I rather think she's fond of you. That is rare." The cat was well known for not liking anyone but Hael. "Interesting."

She chuckles again at Fira's confusion. "Yes. Yes we are. Let's see what you've been taught. Put away the magic, and the fear of failing. Let's focus on something you know. Let's spar.

She moved to a corner of the mat, her feet spread a bit apart, knees bent. Her hands up, ready to defend herself. She bows to Fira, then waits for the girl to make the first move.
    Last edited by HaelKatrin; 09-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"I'll say..." Fira agreed giving the cat a glance. Why did the cat like her of all people? She pushed that aside taking back in the strangeness she'd never thought she'd see in this school. One of the professors of all people was standing across from her ready to take her on in hand to hand combat. Fira was not sure weather she should be scared of getting beat or beating up a teacher.

She gave a stiff bow, still very confused by all of this. What was the point of this? If magic was a muscle how was brawling now going to help with magic? Fira took her ready stance slowly, Which was one foot forward and both fists up. There was a little distance between her and the teacher she'd have to close, and by the teachers stance she was on the defense waiting for her to make the first move.

Fira moved forward To close the distance with as few steps as she could before she swung, testing the teachers reflex and sturdiness.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast