Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Private Lessons in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Private Lessons in Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Saturday, September 4th, 2117
    The Transfiguration Classroom, 2:00 PM.

Hogwarts. Once more, home.

The thought passed rather quickly from the young woman's mind.

The Welcome Feast, as always, had been most enjoyable the night before. Once again seeing her collegues and friends, watching the bright new faces as they were each sorted into their own houses. She wasn't quite sure what to make of a few of the Gryffindors

Time Will tell.

It had been a week since school had begun. Still much to early to make a determination of each student. Though, a couple had caught her eye.

Fira Clemintines

The name caught her eye from an odd piece of parchment on her desk. The rest of the classroom quite clean and organized, her desk a different matter. It laid covered in books, trinkets, and parchment. A lone pot of ink sat precariously on the edge of the desk. An orange cat stared up at it, her tail twitching. "Oh, not now Lili." She said irritated, slightly moving the ink out of danger. The cat meowed, then turned and left the room.

Hael shook her head slightly with a laugh, then returned to the paper that caught her eye. It seemed this young Gryffindor had missed some school.

She smiles to herself as she pulls out a new parchment. Quickly writing a note, and sending it off.

The note would be given to Ms Clemintines, to inform her to report to Professor Shurley's classroom that Saturday at 2 P.M. for tutoring in DADA that she'd missed.

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira peered down at the note with a frown before looking up at the door with the same frown. "Tutoring?" She grumbled. She supposed she'd seen it coming, she had missed half of the last year and so she was almost noticeably behind everyone else. She Tisked shoving the note in her pocket and reached for the handle. Her dog tags clinked around her next as she pushed the door open and stepped in, gently kicking the door shut behind her and looking around the room with a look that spoke volumes about how much she wanted to be here.

"Hello?" She called striding further in and setting her make shift book bag on one of the desks. She just wanted to get this over with and get out of here, all the other classes were enough to wear down her sanity with everything being so complicated in the magical world. Not to mention that her wand never seemed to like casting decent spells for her. She just wasn't good with most magic...
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

A lone white wolf sat in front of the professor's desk as the girl walked in. She leapt forward, transforming as she did. "Hello, Miss Clemintines. I am Professor Shurley. And I will be helping you "catch up" as it were, to your fellow second years. Tell me, what first year spells do you know?" She asked curiously. She sits on the edge of her desk carefully. Watching the young girl.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira's eyes caught hold of the wolf and her eyes winded for a moment as she instinctively stepped back one arm half way raised not even thinking about her want. Her chest had tightened for a moment but as she watched the teacher transform she felt it lossen allowing her to breath for a moment, but she tried not to let out a sigh of relief and relax with out letting on that the while scenario had kind of... spooked her. Ignoring the still frantic beating of her heart Fira shrugged as the women spoke.

Professor Shurley? Had she been a teacher last year? She hadn't payed overly much attention to names last year she'd been to busy having one fight after another, the only name she really remembered was the nurses and head mistress Medina. When asked what first year spells she knew Fira frowned as she crossed her arms and lend back on one of the desks. Well she knew about the first spells, But casting them was a different story.... "I know the Lumos and Nox, The levitation Charm and Alohomora." She mumbled. "But I can't cast with this stupid wand She grumbled pulling out her wand and glaring at it.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael chuckled as the girl stared at her own wand. This one will be a challenge. . . she thought to herself.

She takes out her own wand, looking at it. Inspecting it carefully. Turning it over in her hand.

"This, is a part of you. An extension, if you will. As natural as your own arm. Your own hand. It chose you. Why do you believe it does not work now?" She asked curiously, finally looking up at the student in front of her.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"How should I know?" Fira responded. "Everyone keeps saying that 'it chose you' I have a hard time believing this stick Chose me." She grumbled. She always got the feeling that this thing... was indeed intelligent in some way. It was magical after all but it just didn't like her... or something... "Maybe It knows I'm just not good with spells so doesn't even bother to put out the effort to help me." She said simply and shrugged.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael watches her, listening to her words. "Let me see this wand of yours." She said, holding out her hand.

She accepts the wand from Fira, looking it over much the same way she had her own. "Blackwood. It is quite difficult to win a blackwood's loyalty." She missed aloud. Still, with this wand, the girl would go on to do great things. This she knew. She hands it back to Fira. "I do believe it is as stubborn as it's owner." She said with another chuckle.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira Handed the wand over and watched the women look it over for a moment. Listening to what she had to say. "Pft... So it chose me but I have to win its loyalty? Why not the other way around?" she grumbled She took back the wand and rolled her eyes when the professor said it was just as stubborn as she was. "Great." She said looking at the wand. "So what do I do about it then?"

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael grins at the question. After all, she always did love a challenge. And this one would definitely be such a challenge. "That, my young student, is yet to be seen. Traditionally, a great danger or challenge must be faced. By witch and wand together. Survive, win, and you become a stronger pair. Bonded and tested through fire. I am sure you can imagine what a failure would result in."

The professor often forgot how easily a young student could be frightened. And when she did remember, she often had no sympathy. Well, none that she showed. After all, to be Gryffindor, meant to be brave. She expected no less from her own students.

"For now, however, it will do as you command. So long as you have the strength of will. Any witch can bend a wand to their will. With time. With practice. And most of all, with determination. So, tell me, Miss Clementines, do you have these qualities? Or shall we send for a new wand? Are you the master of this wand, or is it the master of you?" She stared straight into Fira's eyes as she spoke. As if the professor could look into her very soul.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Fira frowned as the professor talked about a great danger. She looked down at the wand thinking about last year... that night in the woods... That had been a great danger... but guess she'd failed. "Tch..." She looked back up her eyes narrowing. Her grip tightened on the piece of magical wood as the questions were asked. It was a good way to put it she supposed, and a good way to get at her to... But the answer was she just didn't know.

Her eyes moved away from the women's and down to the stick in her hand, unwrapping it from her palm for a moment. If she'd already failed the first time what was the point? But her father would say a failure was just a way to do something better the next time around. Soldiers didn't just give up, they learned and adapted to the situation to find a way to win. "Sure..." fira said finely. "I've got it."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast