Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Once and Future King

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quickly the ash stopped spraying as the sword wound closed up. Instantly the body jerked forwards as his eyes opened revealing golden irises. A powerful hand pushed Aedan back as the Tuath De king lifted his mighty blade and put it on his shoulder. His voice was loud and bombastic. "Touch me not less you be prepared!" He whirled about with his weapon on his shoulder still, his other arm went wide as he reached forth and tried to grab Aedan by the midsection.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Áedán felt himself pushed back as the body suddenly rose, rising and speaking with great force and confidence. The Fadewalker kept his footing, skipping back lightly and drawing both of his blades in a fluid motion, prepared for a fight. The strange elven king made to grab him, but Áedán predicted the movement and leaped backward, landing poised and graceful as a cat. "You wear the crown of the kings of old!" He called back, holding himself relaxed. "But, whoever you are, know that I am always prepared!"

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

"Touch not the cat!" He charged at Aedan at a great speed. The Elf was slightly faster than the Tuath De. His massive silver sword was swung from the side and the man began to use it like a windmill. He continued to keep it going using his neck to keep the weapon spinning horizontally parallel to the ground. The strange being used only one hand to do this and with the other reached out towards Aedan with an open hand seeking to grab him again. "Traitors taste the holy blade! I have no tolerance for usurpers!"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Áedán had no wish to be sliced to pieces by that swiftly spinning blade. The technique was like nothing he'd ever seen before. Archaic, perhaps, but it forced the Fadewalker on the defensive. He focused on keeping out of range of the elf's blade for now. He wanted to probe at his defenses. He knew that if it came to it, he had the means to perhaps gain the upper hand... but he didn't wish to commit to it straight away. He cast Bramblegrasp on the elf king, taking advantage of whatever diversion it might cause to slip in, using his blade to turn the greatsword away from a vital organ, and his other sword to cut into any exposed place on the king's body.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Around the mighty king the brambles and roots grew outward. They reached for him but hesitated to touch his form. Instead they receded from his direction. Redirecting the blade of the Tuath De proved to be a great challenge. As he did this the warrior bent his elbow and put his sword over his shoulder. His arm extended and her grabbed onto Aeden. At the same time the Elf’s blades managed to score strikes in the gut of his foe. More ash poured from the wound but he didn’t seem to slow down. In contrast to the heavy damage done he grasped Aedan under the armpit. He lifted with incredible strength and launched Aedan into the air behind the king. Thankfully he did not slam into the ceiling and instead reached an equilibrium before he began to fall.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Momentarily shocked by the brambles' refusal to touch the king, Áedán was caught offguard as the king seized him and hurled him into the air. Fortunately, he was able to land lightly on his feet behind the king. Something told the Fadewalker, though, that if he'd wanted to kill him - he could have done it when he was in the man's grasp. Shifting his footwork slightly, Áedán lowered his swords. The fade had always been his ally, but it was refusing to harm this man. So be it.

"I am no traitor!" He called out proudly. "I am Áedán Sylvesti, called Fadewalker by my kin. I do not wish to fight you."

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

On his toes the king shifted and wound up a swing. In the blink of an eye he spun completely bringing his massive weapon to Aedan's throat. He stopped just short. The weapon gleamed even in the darkness of the room they were in. Wild eyes looked upon Aedan as they then scanned the area around them. "Not a traitor are you? Then what are you doing here, why do you fight me?"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Áedán did not flinch back from the blade. If the fae spirits sheltered the king, no doubt they would protect him as well - unless his time had come. The Fadewalker's calm eyes met the king's half-crazed ones. "I stumbled upon this place quite by chance. In truth, I am not sure who or what betrayed you in the first place. I sense that many years have past since you were suppressed here. When I pulled the blade from your chest, you were freed. Or so it seems. The blood of the fae spirits courses through my veins, and... I felt something call to me. Perhaps that is what it was that summoned me to you. I felt the urge to pull the sword from you, and so I did. In truth, I was half expecting a confrontation with Horned Kurnuous. That would have been even less pleasant, I'm sure."

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

With a great thud the ancient king let his sword down, it smashed through the stone beneath their feet. He held it with one hand leaving it vertically erect between the two of them. "Time? No time at all has passed! I was stabbed and then my stabber removed my blade." His eyes turned to anger as his grip tightened on his silver sword. "You, you stabbed me! You traitor!" The King wanted to strike out but then the fury turned to confusion. He swept his gaze around the room. "Skeletons? What? We should be in a pool of blood, surrounded by just slain usurpers? How are they already skeletons?"
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Áedán held the king's gaze, his eyes were calm but firm. He was not afraid.

"Quell your anger. great king. Think on what has happened. Perhaps you feel as if no time at all has passed, but consider the broken vestiges around you. Years have ground the stone to dust, and reduced flesh to bone. Focus. I am not your enemy. The Fade has not seen war in many years."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast