Thread: [Interest Check] Rebel Frontiers: The Beginning

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default [Interest Check] Rebel Frontiers: The Beginning

So I’ve been tossing this idea around in my head for a good while. To put it in simple terms, the roleplay (and those following this one) would be the foundation of a rebellion cell a few years before the Battle of Yavin.

One thing I liked about Rogue One, was the idea that a lot of the rebel groups, at least in its early days, had a variety of distinct politics. Saw Gerrera’s rebel cell for instance was one that was more violent and aggressive, than say the Rebel cells lead by Mon Mothma or Bail Organa. The idea is that once we formed the rebel cell, starting off with little in the way of resources, they would be sent out into the field to acquire resources. There would be a bit of an RPG element to this where I would essentially DM the various missions, and depending on what people did, it would directly influence the rebel cell and spread from there. Each NPC gained within the rebel cell would be named with their own backstory, character details and whatnot. People could even drop in or out of the roleplay as with the rebellion, there was a big turnover of the staff. People would be captured, lost or transferred out.

It’s heavily inspired by Star Wars Rebels of course, as well as some of the RPGs such as Edge of the Empire and such like. Of course we wouldn’t even necessarily need to ally ourselves with the alliance, (once it shows up) and could always lean more towards the Underworld, should the players decide to go down that path. People who come in later would be easily introduced on mission, or as transfers from other groups, depending on the character as well. I have some other thoughts and ideas, a whole host of them, but as this is an interest check, I figure I’ll keep it short and sweet.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Definitely interested
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Glad to hear it!

I have the setting down now. We'll be based (to begin with) on a planet in the Outer Rim that I'm creating for the RP... Got some avenues to work with, which will provide people with hooks, hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did love me some X-Wing and Tie Fighter... so I think you can count on me, as long as I can fly!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Can do! I had planned for the eventual formation of a squadron in the cell, plus there's always a need for pilots and stuff. We'd just need to get you a ship!

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Did someone say a nerd heaven? I like it

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Oh nice, I guess I'll get work on the OOC then! Wont take me long.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The OOC is up! Let me know what you think.