Welcome to Rebel Frontiers Chapter One, the first of many. Like I said in the interest check, this is aimed to be a persistent series of roleplay set around the creation of a rebel cell and the adventures going forward. This is inspired by Star Wars Rebels, Edge of the Empire game series, Star Wars mods (of which there are many) and a whole heap of other things.
Every NPC within the rebel base will have a name, personality and history, and as people progress I’m hoping people will grow attachments to these guys. The aim is to install a feeling of loss when there is a loss. Rather than just losing Trooper A, B and C, you’ll lose T-Quon “Heavy” Jones, a man who lost his daughter to the empire over a year ago, but still somehow manages to keep things light. It’s an ambitious project, sure, but I’m up for it if you people are… So without further ado….
We open the roleplay five years Before the Battle of Yavin, on the planet of Iccaro, a planet within the Jubilar Sector of the Outer Rim, our heroes through one means or another has ended up on the planet, their possessions confiscated by Imperial Customs. Somehow they’ve ended up in the Nial Point, a district of the capital city of Farora, that is obviously controlled by the local Hutt spice dealers. Before the party knows it, the district is placed under martial law. Storm troopers rush in, bashing doors down, dragging people into the streets and opening fire on unruly citizens. What little information our heroes can gather, the Empire is hunting a known criminal, who or why hasn’t been explained. Seemingly the Imperials wish to keep that to themselves.
- Morality - Due to the nature of our “campaign” I’d prefer if our characters were not outright evil… that being said, by all means made characters that are morally grey.
- Species - Pick whatever you want, within reason (No Yuuzhan Vong, pureblood Sith, Chiss, ect)
- Force Sensitivity - No Jedi purge survivors, please, though latent force sensitivity is allowed, again within reason - you’ll be untrained - this doesn’t mean you won't ever be trained. If we’re gonna have force sensitives, I’d like a maximum of two.
- Multiple characters - By all means, if you feel like you want multiple characters, please do so. No more than two.
- Droids - By all means make droid characters, though bear in mind droids are built for a specific purposes, and restraining bolts do exist, going beyond your original programming and function as a droid character will require outside intervention.
- History - How you got to Iccaro is up to you, but that is our starting location. Have your toon be there for whatever reason, but ultimately they should be alone and have little to no resources of their own. If they had a ship and people with them at the time of arrival, you can assume that the Empire took custody of everything not held on the person (we can go about retrieving these things at a later date). Go into as much detail into your character's history, I want to craft our stories around the player characters. Give me two paragraphs of history at least, everything else can be added as short notes or bullets afterwards. If you’ve got information that you want kept back, feel free to PM me with said information. The more you give me in terms of pulls, the more I’m gonna be willing to fashion towards you.
Profession: (I’ve included a list below for context, feel free to pick those, or add your own, please limit them to short one or two word descriptions)
The following can be used to craft your character, but are not required for a character
Here are some details on Iccaro, our setting:
Iccaro systemIccaro - The planet of which the system is named, a mining world in the outer rim, discovered two centuries before the Clone Wars, it is relatively unpopulated. Its rich mineral deposits brought the attention of the Empire, ever desperate for resources to fuel their ever expanding war effort.
Epiri - Iccaro’s temperate moon, very little in the way of resources, have turned the red moon into a quiet farming planet that supports Iccaro’s growing population
Iccaro II - The distant gas giant is of little importance, other than being a pleasing purple colour.
Flora and Fauna
A large avian creature, with the wingspan of 3.5 meters. Their exotic appearance has drawn the attention of collectors and smugglers alike, though their aggressive nature makes capture difficult.
Saros are beast of burden, stubborn, but reliable if trained well.
A large solitary four-legged reptile, usually seen on plains. Averaging roughly 4 meters in length and roughly 1,500 kilograms in weight.
Small rodents, usually kept as pets on Iccaro. Agile and capable of gripping onto anything, they make great climbers, and are deceptively intelligent.
The Yanan Tree dot the surface of Iccaro with vast canopies of their own making.
Points of InterestEmperor’s Statue - Sitting in the capital square of Farora, the Emperor’s Statue now sits in place of a statue once dedicated to the Jedi defenders of the Jubilar Sector. It’s most noted because a passing Moff made mention of the statues inaccuracies to Emperor Palpatine’s appearance. Since the visit, the statue has been covered and actively edited by sculptors
Site of the Fallen - Located within a canyon on the great plains region of Iccaro, it was the site of a skirmish between Republic and Separatist forces. A Jedi was said to have died there, and has since become a place of pilgrimage in the Outer Rim, though it's said that the Empire has spies there, hoping to catch those that would seek Jedi.
Nial Point - A district within Farora, known to be infested with Underworld activity, though the Imperial garrison seems willing to overlook their activities.
IMC Region Headquarters - Having bought out the smaller mining operations in the local systems, the Imperial Mining Corporation operates in a militarised compound outside of Iccaro’s largest mineral deposit. With a garrison to rival that of the defense garrison, the IMC has made a statement. Iccaro’s resources belong to the Empire.
If you have any questions feel free to ask. Also if I’ve missed anything you require, by all means inform me and I can fix something up. ((Also for some reason the pictures are cut off, though they look fine in a new tab.))