Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rebel Frontier - Chapter One

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Okay I'll have something up tonight if I can! Thanks!
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Sounds good, no need to rush yourself though!

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

So how would one go about smuggling here? Is it just the usual carry illicit goods under false charter and hide the goods onboard? Or do I have to get creative?

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Oh yeah I forgot to ask, since I don't see mature mentioned is this a PG 13 RP?
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

In our backstories, how much are characters able to shift universal history?
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derpnaster View Post
    So how would one go about smuggling here? Is it just the usual carry illicit goods under false charter and hide the goods onboard? Or do I have to get creative?
    Ususally yeah, but you can safely assume that the Imperials kicked you out of the spaceport with basically nothing to your name. If you're being a smuggler, you'd likely know about the prevalent spice trade operating in the sector that's had a boost in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to ask, since I don't see mature mentioned is this a PG 13 RP?
    I thought about making this mature... but then I can't imagine we'll end up brushing into anything beyond PG 13. Star Wars has its own curse words, so language isn't an issue... Not to mention if they can get away with death on Rebels and Clone Wars which I presume was rated PG-13 That's not a huge thing either?

Quote Originally Posted by Minkasha View Post
    In our backstories, how much are characters able to shift universal history?
    You've messaged me directly, so we'll talk this over - my answer here is 'depends' I guess?

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Cool I have this idea rolling around for a miner turned smuggler after and accident forced medical services to amputate their right arm and leg, thus leading to a desperate need to pay off the cybernetic limbs, and thus to smuggling as it pays well, usually.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

That sounds perfect to me, Derpnaster!

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Jonas!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Ok finally got this done :)

I was painting some Warhammer 40k models today, my Imperial Guard army has finally started to come together.

Name: Illiana Reeves
    Species: Human (Iccaro Native)
    Skills: Freighter Operation, Mechanics, Ranged Weapons, Survival
    Profession: Smuggler, Charter Pilot(officially) Miner (former)
    Appearance: Farly standard as far as humans go, sun worn pale skin, brown haircut short at the neck, and dull brown eyes. Illiana stands at a height of around five foot four inches and weighs around 145 pounds, Her only distinctive features are the mechanical right arm and leg she makes little actual effort to cover save wearing comfortable fitting pants and a loose fitting shirt of an off white color, she has a leather jacket, though the creature that the leather came from is a mystery to most.
    Equipment:
    Integrated defensive Blaster: a result of Illiana’s constant frustration at getting checked for weapons. She took a DL 44 blaster and stripped it down to it’s core components, which after some trial and error she managed to rig a system from the parts, the resulting arm blaster is located beneath the housing on the back side of the forearm, in order for the barrel to clear her hand for firing the barrel raises slightly and her hand locks itself in place, a “magwell” of sorts opens up on the inside portion of the forearm along with a button to release the inserted power cell, some small lines run from the back of the hand to the main capacitor that carry emergency coolant should the system start to overheat, a single cartridge can be inserted into the back of the hand that is ejected upon use.

Cybernetic parts
    Arm
    Leg
    Eye
    Illiana’s right arm, leg, and eye are for the most part cybernetic. The arm and leg are the result of a serious mining accident which claimed at least three others lives, the eye is actually just some minor implants after Iliana added the blaster components to her arm, the eye is linked to a recently added module that tracks the barrel of the blaster, and displays it’s point of aim. It does have some extra spectrum features, namely infrared for tracking down stubborn breaks in lines.

The arm has had some modification throughout the years, notably the addition of protective plates and a rigged blaster system.
    The only addition to the leg has been protective plates. Otherwise it is normal
    Personality:Businesslike when dealing with people she doesn’t like, and generally chill when dealing with people she does like. Illiana prefers to take things slow and steady. A well thought through plan is a plan that is more likely to work, when it does come to violence Illiana while not likely to be the first to arms Illiana is certainly not the last. Illiana is not one to quickly make friends but if she trusts you, she trusts you enough to break laws.
    History: Born during the latter half of the Clone Wars Illiana hardly remembers the constant threat the separatists held over her home, her clearest memories begin when she turned 17 and started working in the mines to help her struggling parents. Her life as a miner was short, only about two years when an accident involving some machinery and a power cell caused a catastrophic explosion that burred Illiana and rendered all of her right leg, and her right arm below the elbow little more than stumps, medical services replaced the missing limbs with some basic cybernetics, little more than unadorned limbs suitable for at most light labor, but on a planet so remote they may as well been full on augmentations as they were nearly 10,000 credits in total, money which Illiana did not have.

Dejected and in massive debt Illiana took odd jobs wherever she could for almost a year. Eventually ending up off world running freight for a minor shipping line between the core worlds and the outer rim. It was during her time hauling freight that Illiana started bringing along less than legal merchandise, her first load being a cache of DL 44 blasters headed for some crime boss on a desert planet in some binary star system. That one load proved to be enough to help pay off her remaining debts, plus a bit extra from her savings that she invested into a small ship of her own for private charter, a YT model, used but not modified the ship was common enough to not be conspicuous at port, and large enough to carry many kinds of goods and serve multiple types of charters. Perfect to start one’s smuggling career.

New ship and some sick mods to her arm and leg in hand Illiana set her first course for her homeworld on Iccaro, it’s underground might not be the biggest, but it was a fairly open market, and in constant need of goods she would gladly haul in. Seemed like a nice place to start.

Additional notes
    Illiana has a Wolaby pet named Snowflake, or just Flake, the creature followed her home one day and never left so she kept it around even during her travels.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 09-13-2017 at 09:02 AM.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast