Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] WHODUNNIT? -- OOC

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Default [M] WHODUNNIT? -- OOC

Rated M for Mature. Contains violence, excessive language and mildly sexual themes.

the over-the-top murder mystery you didn't ask for

"On the night of the 31st October, 1928, the Grand Marconi Hotel held its annual Halloween Masquerade, a lavish ball with rich guests from all over the world. At the end of the night, when the ball has nearly come to an end, only a few guests remain.

As they dance their last dance, a horrifying shriek pierces through the night.

The 98-year old Baroness Von Liechten lies sprawled across the marble floor, a deep puddle of red growing around her. The cause of death is clear; a stab through the heart. From this moment on, everyone is a suspect.

Only one question remains...

Whodunnit?"

Spoiler: The Story and How It Works 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: The Hotel Staff 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Last edited by Craze; 09-23-2017 at 12:19 AM.

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Detective Flint Locke

Profession: Detective
    Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Pragmatic, stern, strict, has a strong moral compass and doesn't back away from a fight. Can be a bit of a hothead. Not the brightest mind in the business, but he is certainly persistent.
    For how long have you been going to the Halloween Masquerade?: 15 years
    History: Detective Locke grew up in Texas, but quickly worked his way up from local sheriff to renowned detective. When other detectives backed away from a case, he picked it back up and didn't stop chasing it until justice was served.

He was invited to the Masquerade the very first time and has attended it ever since, functioning as the watchful eye of the law.

Hates: Whiny people, books, scented candles.
    Fears: Narrow spaces.
    Other: He can't swim.

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Craze! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

boi u killin me with them rules but heck

this ones too good to miss

Spoiler: Teddy, but just not a bear.  

I hope she's all cool and groovy

lemme know if anythings up and i can change

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Sorry mang, I just really like a good set of rules.

I like her a lot. She's in! I'll add her to the cast when I get home.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Hmmm... *ponders*

I'm debating between either a fortune teller or other entertainer hired for the Masquerade, or perhaps a character inspired by the 1920's Tutmania craze (e.g. An archaeologist or financial backer from a recent dig in Egypt). Either way, I'm still working out how to go about each of these designs.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Ooh, I love both ideas! if you need any help, you know where to find me!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Madame Ludmila Chernova

Profession: Professional Medium/Fortuneteller
    Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: 'Mysterious' would be the best word to describe Madame Chernova's public persona. She seldom speaks much in public, and she speaks her predictions using very cryptic words and clues that sometimes make little to no actual sense until later. Some say this is all part of her act, while others believe this is simply because these cryptic clues are what she sees of the future. Either way, however, few can deny that this aura of mystery has helped to boost her fame and attract many prospective clients over the years.
    For how long have you been going to the Halloween Masquerade?: 5 years
    History: Very little of Madame Chernova's past has ever been conclusively verified. According to the woman herself, Ludmila Chernova was born in a small village near St. Petersburg (now Leningrad) and inherited 'the gift' from a very early age, as had her mother, her grandmother, and countless other women in her bloodline. Amid the rise of the Bolshevik movement and the birth of the Soviet Union, Ludmila had to keep her gift secret lest she face persecution, but then one day she accurately predicted that a local farmer would lose his crops in a fire; in retaliation, the farmer reported Ludmila to the authorities and accused her of starting the fire, forcing Ludmila to flee to America.

In America, not only was Ludmila free to use her gift publicly without fear of persecution, but she also quickly discovered that her gift could be quite profitable. She began to earn a decent living as a medium and fortune teller, becoming professionally known as Madame Chernova, but it wasn't until one especially high-profile incident six years ago that her career really began to take off, after she was credited with accurately predicting the whereabouts of a kidnapped Egyptian diplomat and thus aiding in his rescue. Madame Chernova has since become a highly controversial figure, with some hailing her as one of the greatest mediums of the decade and others calling her one of the most successful charlatans of the decade, and her growing notoriety led to her being hired to tell fortunes at the Grand Marconi Hotel's Halloween Masquerade for the last five years, where her notoriety and the supernatural charm of her profession both fit perfectly with the theme of the Masquerade.

Likes: Card games, fine foods and drinks, practicing with her gift.
    Hates: Being mocked or ridiculed, stubborn skeptics, people actively trying to prevent her predictions from coming to pass.
    Fears: Heavy storms (esp. thunderstorms)
    Other: Rumor has it that Madame Chernova also offers spells and potions to paying customers at the Masquerade, but this has never been officially confirmed.

P.S.: The Queen of England wears Pink Trousers!
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 09-18-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

A great addition to the cast! I'll add her in straightaway.

In an apartment with my hubby, baby, n kitties
    Pretty much anything that isnt god modded, and super heroes....
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mind if I join? I loved Whodunit the TV show that only had one season! Never thought Cris would be the killer. Totally thought it would have been Ronnie. Maybe I could make my character a bootlegger from Chicago who worked at a speakeasy where prohibition is taking place? and plus other fantastic crimes in the world are happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Vivian Viola Marshall

Profession: Server at The Drifter.
    Sexuality: Bisexual tendancies

Personality: Very outgoing, yet secretive, Comes with the job ya know. Shes described as having a high temper and or Bipolar disorder. One minute she could be happy and the next she's flying off her rocker.
    For how long have you been going to the Halloween Masquerade?: For the past seven years. My boss doesn't like to attend such gatherings but I enjoy a lively crowd. So He provides the air fair ticket and sends me as ambassador while he gets to spend the week doing my job.
    History: Chicago born and raised in a fairly wealthy family of four. She has always been the black sheep of the family by wearing mourning clothes most of the time and thick makeup. Her mother tried keeping her contained until she was of age but you see how that turned out. Anywho She will not conform with the new fashion disasters sprouting about like wildfire. This caught the owner of The Drifter's eye. The man had just the job for the little black lamb. Now Vivian is twenty-six years old and is enjoying life.

Likes: drinking, dancing, singing, attending social events, car rides, dark clothing, and the Wiccan faith.
    Hates: Conforming to the social norm. Having bright dresses a happy disposition all the time, not being able to speak her mind since she's female.
    Fears: Being caught by police and being hung for her crimes. Being labeled as the witch of Chicago which would make her a high priority target to gang leaders such as Al Capone to have on their side. Claustrophobia to a minute level.
    Other: Vivian can almost always be seen wearing a celtic trinity knot necklace. If she doesn't have it on her somethings amiss. She hates small spaces like corridors.

~~~~~~

Spoiler: Rules are rules 
    Last edited by XanesFox; 09-16-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    Do you think that even the worst person can change...? That everyone can be a good person if they just try? ~ Sans the Skeleton

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast