Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Stole the Golden Toast? [PG-13]

Give into Decay...
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Who Stole the Golden Toast? [PG-13]

You have been invited to Evergreen manner to discover who stole the golden toast. It seems like your average mystery, doesn't it? That's until the first night comes to a close, as under your pillow is a letter painted in blood. The letter states to not trust anyone or anything you see. Nothing is as it seems. It is the final two words that truly shake you to the bone. When you realize the handwriting is very familiar. The author of the note is none other then yourself. How could this be? Who stole the golden toast and how do we save ourselves?

Welcome to Omac's House. We will be going by code names such as Mr. Blue or Mrs. Black. Each of these represent a different ability that each character has. You don't get to choose any other powers. My own butter magic doesn't work in this house. For the first part of this, we will be accepting four other members, but each night someone will be killed and a new member will be allowed to join. It should last about three rounds. If the final night comes and we haven't discovered the killer then the game is over and everyone will die. I mean everyone.

See everyone gets a letter from their future self. Nobody has the chance to get to their room until after dinner. So everyone is dead, if this future is to persist. Think of it as a time loop that can only be broken if the killer is discovered. The problem? Not even the killer would know they were the killer until it was too late. Mrs. Black could kill Mr. Blue and then one by one everyone turns on each other, but not until the end will be find out that Mr. Blue was the original killer and because we didn't discover it the loop starts over. We'll only be doing one time loop, but three nights.

The Characters

(Omac) Black. This character is the host who brought everyone together. It's possible that he knows more then he is telling, but so far it seems he doesn't know anything. All he remembers is that he invited everyone to come and has a letter of his own.

(BumblingBee) Yellow. This character has the ability to know when someone is lying. They always know. But, they are constantly lying himself. Whenever they try to be honest they will tell a lie and not even know their doing it. It's to a point where they're lying to themselves. How do they know? This ability/curse will get stronger as the nights go on leaving the character unable to know who is telling the truth anymore.

(Open Slot) Red. This character has the ability to recall the original location of where an item was created. Such as a discovered knife or the letters. If it was found in the bedroom they will know it was written in the library. Sadly, they have a terrible way of losing things. From keys to important clues or things needed to survive. Once lost, these things will appear in another room. They won't return to their original location, but somewhere else in the house.

(Mystress of Shadows) Blue. The walls have eyes they say and for this character they do. This character has the ability to see whatever any painting or mirror does in any room of the house. If Mr. Yellow is the bathroom, yes this character could spy on them. It's never that simple, for one they are unable to move their physical body while in this state and also everyone in said room will be able to see them. If it's a mirror they show up as the reflection and if it's a painting they appear as a figure in it.

(Open Slot) Green. This person leaves no trace that they were ever there. No fingerprints or footsteps. If they throw some trash away it will vanish. The others can see and interact with them quite fine, but it's almost as if they aren't really there. Because of this, they are able to be sneaky or undo simple actions. Killing someone is not a simple action. All that stuff has to go somewhere though, right? So where?

(Devil Child) Purple. This character is good at holding onto things. It's like they can fit pretty much anything into their backpack, wallet, pockets, or purse. They can pull those things out at all times. It's a great way to hold a weapon for backup, right? They only have the things they find in the house and nothing from the outside. It's also a curse. For everything they add they lose something physical about them. Let it be an eyelash, some weight, or an important organ. If only they knew... And, no taking the item out doesn't put anything back.

(Azazeal849) Pink. This character knows what's going on. They are able to remember things from the previous or even the original timeline. They will be given these secrets in a PM from me. These memories can never be forgotten after remembering, but that can't be said for their other memories. They may start to forget who some of the other characters are or what role they have. I'm not guilty if I don't remember, right?

Rules (may change)

1. There will be no co-posting. There is only five of us at a time and some of the abilities could interact with each other despite what room we're in. We'll be posting in order of who posted in the first round of posting. So go ahead and post once and after everyone has posted that will be our order!
    2. Cursing is allowed, but please not too much.
    3. This is NOT rated mature. It's also more parody like. So don't get all dark and bloody.
    4. All other RPA rules apply.
    5. I am the GM. If I say you're dead, then you're dead.
    6. I'm hoping this won't take more then a few months to complete, but you have to be willing to post often enough.
    7. Keep in mind, that the killer could be one of the characters who show up the next night and they also won't know it yet, or it could be someone from the start. It will NOT be me. I'll picking the color who is the killer before it starts.
    8. The killer can be you. I already have which color is the color, but if you pick it then you will be the original killer from the original timeline and you won't know until the end. I am NOT the killer. I'm simply there to help keep everything straight, and I can't be killed until the end.

Who's intrested?

Thanks to RPA's 10th anniversary for the idea, and @Craze; for reminding me I wanted to do it with this RP. If you're looking for a more mature version of a murder mystery go check out his RP!
    Last edited by Omac; 09-27-2017 at 06:09 AM.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

|Heroic|Science Fiction|Anime|Fantasy|Mature|
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

You got my vote. Let me get that purple.

Spoiler: Theme Song 

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I added you!

Anyone else?

Decay is Coming

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I got no clue what I did, but... happy to remind ya?

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

CAN I DIBS YELLOW PLS

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Sure, you're added!

We need three more people to start day 1.

Decay is Coming

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Omac! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

It's about time, Scottie!

...no really, the RP is about time. I'm not sure if I'll need those resources or not. I already hooked two victims into this RP. If I don't get anymore in the next day or so I will definitely go for that.

Decay is Coming

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

This roleplay has been featured as

As always you can use my banner if you like! Congrats!
    Last edited by .Karma.; 09-22-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Thank you, Karma! I feel like the banners you make without me asking turn out better then when I ask for a specific thing lol You just know what works.

Decay is Coming

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast