Grimm's reaction was the opposite of Carys - the Professor looked positively delighted at his immobilised leg. With a flicker of his wand, he undid the students' attempt, and smiled at the boy.

"Excellent first attempt," he congratulated the first year, readying himself for another attempt. "Now, again!"

They continued in this way, Cary slowly drawing closer to a perfect rendition of the offensive spell, until, finally, Grimm found himself toppling backward. The cushions provided a soft landing, and thankfully, the spell was only close to perfect. Caelin could still manouvere his hands enough to undo the body-bind; he had not actually considered that had the boy perfectly cast the spell, it would have left him unable to reverse it.

"Well, I think that's enough to be getting on with; I have a good idea of your proficiency now. In future, I'll remember to teach you the counter-curse, before I ask you to hit me with a jinx!" he laughed. "You've done an excellent job, Mr Mordushku - now, go and enjoy the rest of your day off. You're only young once, after all!"