Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Intervention for a Lonely Girl (Katrin Edlund, Tryee Kinnarid, Nathara Macfarland)

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Default An Intervention for a Lonely Girl (Katrin Edlund, Tryee Kinnarid, Nathara Macfarland)

Thursday, September 2nd, 2117
    The Slytherin Commonroom - 7:15 AM.

Nathara's pale Scottish skin reflected the green fire rather easily. The crackling unnatural light shaded the half of her face not in direct view of the warmth. Sitting across a lap, she and her boyfriend rested on an armchair in the commonroom. As young lovers, who could only briefly see each other during the summer, they were coming together in a quiet way to enjoy each other's company. Blue eyed, with straight oak brown hair, a kind diamond shaped facial structure and blossoming curvy frame – she was well received by the Slytherin boy quietly holding her.

The second-year boy, Tyree, looked up to her with a diluted glint of happiness that sparked past his normally unreadable gaze. Auburn eyebrows sat on his face boldly, and his nose pointed straight to his girlfriend sharply. Tyree was studying the eyeshadow Nathara crafted on her face today, a shade of purple which reminded him of sage.

“What is she doing?” Nathara asked curiously, their house prefect had come down to the commonroom and remained seated for at least five minutes. Each second that passed Elldonna was impatiently waiting through it. Elldonna wasn’t known on waiting for anyone, so who had her attention now then? Tyree followed his eyes to where hers went, having the same question come and go without any precedence.

“No.” Tyree cautioned, keeping the sleeve of his darkly stitched sweater across her legs. “Leave the prefect, and don’t try to read her mind”

“It’s not always a choice” Nathara teasingly scoffed. The list of mysteries in Slytherin didn’t promise to fade soon as the injured first year was coming down the stairs with the help of magic. The couple looked from their armchair to see the blonde float herself down with a nimble control which was impressive. Tyree flicked ever so slightly one of his characteristically thick, blocky, brows. Nathara watched on with a warm interest. The girl was open to anyone in Slytherin. It was odd to see a first year not swarming with the other girls, wanting to get to know each other. Hm. What was her name?

“Um. You.” Nathara called out, waving a hand once and setting back down. “What is your name?” Nathara’s maintained arching brows furrowed, genuinely puzzled and genuinely curious to know.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin had left the girls to finish dressing for the day. Knowing full well when her presence wasn't wanted. She felt rather alone here, not much looking forward to the rest of the semester.

I really wish I could have brought Oslac. the thought crossing her mind. The strange elf creature would have cheered her up rather quickly. Even though he insisted he was nothing more than a servant, she'd come to know him as a friend. Or, go back home with professor Grimm. Why couldn't he have just home schooled me?! Is that really too much of a muggle practice? she sighs to herself, finally reaching the last step.

She begins to make her way to an empty corner away from the three occupants, when she heard someone call to her. She quickly schooled her features, hiding any sign of being upset, before turning her attention to them. She makes her way over easily.

"Katrin Edlund."

She said the name with pride. As if it was one of the most powerful wizarding families one could name. In truth, she was a mudblood and everyone knew it. But, she had learned, speak your name with pride. Others will follow. Act as if you are important, and everyone will wonder if you are. Most will treat you as if you are, lest they embarrass themselves later.

"I'm a first year."

With that clarification, she waited for the pair to speak. Curious as to why they had called her over. Was she about to make two more enemies? She didn't know if she could handle any more. She was strong, yes. But how strong was she?

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

As the girl wheeled closer Nathara’s brows furrowed further and further until she put a hand to her head and looked down. A whimper escaped her closed lips. Tyree eyed the first year with a pensive speculation and touched the back of his girlfriend’s neck.

“Want water?” He asked her with a tone of voice spoken quietly under breath, as if to keep his interactions intimate and with Nathara. The second-year Slytherin couldn’t see faces or anything exact, but her under trained legilimency delivered her an immense feeling of rejection and sadness coming from the girl she beckoned over. The emotion touched her mind, clouding her with broken expectation and the quietly roaring hopes of companionship from this girl. Breathing deeply, Nathara eased herself through the impression till it faded. A minute had passed till she composed herself enough to speak to Katrin again, shaking her head at Tyree.

“Katrin…I am Nathara” the Slytherin girl introduced with a strengthening voice. Her face was straightening out the further along time went. “Don’t worry, I’m used to that happening” She explained.

“Tyree.” The boy said cooly, studying the wheelchair and looking Katrin back in her eyes. His face was very difficult to read, his muscles didn’t flinch to give away his thoughts. “Impatient for Charms class?”
    Last edited by Minkasha; 09-22-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin's eyes held concern as the girl touched her forehead. "Are you all right?" She asked in a soft voice, as to not exacerbate the headache.

She notices the boy looking at her wheelchair. "I know, it's a strange contraption for this world. Apparently magic can't fix everything. . ." There was only sadness in her words, not bitterness. She couldn't believe all the things magic could do. It was surprising that it couldn't heal her, but that was all right. She was used to it. She didn't know how she'd feel without her wheels.

She smiled at Nathara's insistence she was fine. Then nodded at Tyree's question. "Professor Grimm showed me a lot over the past few months with him. But, he couldn't actually teach me anything. I can't wait to try for myself." She didn't even realize, as she pulled her wand from it's place, tucked neatly under her right leg. She held the pink wand in her hand, almost as a charm or talisman.

She was surprised someone here was treating her with civility. She had been convinced after last night's events no one would talk to her again. . .

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

“Hmm.” Tyree leaned back in the armchair, his auburn hair rustled against the green fabric. It was the most of a reply Katrin got. Then, suddenly when it seemed like he wouldn’t, he spoke, “The Hufflepuff Head of House raises a Slytherin? That must be interesting” He noted for Katrin to think about. Nathara smiled at Katrin’s eagerness but raised a hand up briefly.

“Careful with that. First years get energetic and trouble happens!”

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin laughed lightly, returning the wand to it's place. "Yeah, probably." She then thinks about what he said. "I think it's rare for any teacher to raise a mudblood orphan. Let alone a cripple. So, the Slytherin part?" Here she shrugs, "doesn't seem like a big deal. Besides, he brought me in before I was sorted."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Nathara put a hand on Tyree’s shoulder, easing him. The boy merely looked away from Katrin to enjoy the dance of green flames – done conversing with her.

“He doesn’t talk much, it can tire him out” Nathara spoke on Tyree’s behalf. But her blue eyes fell onto Katrin’s. “You sound like you have a mysterious past” The words of observation came with a lighthearted chuckle. Those features turned negative, frowning the longer she thought to herself quietly. “Have you met the Bloody Baron yet? He’s such a loud ghost. I think that was one of the most fun things that happened first year. You need to meet the ghosts. I think you’d like them” the girl said to Katrin with some believed insight.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin smiles reassuring at the boy, then looks back at the girl. "That's all right. I get like that too. It's ok to be quiet. People don't notice you as much. Leave you alone."

She turned her gaze to the flames as well when Nathara asked about her past. "I don't know. I was hurt when I was really little. I was told it was a car crash. But, if that was true, magic would have fixed it. But they couldn't. . . So, it has to be something else. My parents couldn't handle it. They didn't want to take care of me. So, I was just left at an orphanage. That's what I'm told. They just didn't want me after. . . After I was broken." She shakes her head, as if shaking away the memories. "No one wanted me. I saw lots of kids get adopted. But not me. Never me. .. ." Her hand rested lightly on the visible edge of her wand. Gaining strength from it. Comfort. "Professor Grimm showed up for my birthday though. And I've been loving with him ever since. Him, and K-9 and Oslac. I miss Oslac. . ." She stopped there. She wasn't really supposed to talk about her friend. But, if she didn't say much, she knew most would think he was imaginary. Or, a neighbor. No one would assume the truth from the muggle born.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Nathara’s face flinched in offense, and as Katrin continued, bewilderment, till it settled on neutral. “You talk a lot about yourself.” The girl said with a slight smirk, touching her boyfriend’s cheek “That is something very Gryffindor” Shifting her posture she adjusted herself on Tyree with a switching of crossing legs. “Have you collected rocks? There are beautiful rocks all over the world” It obvious the girl was talking about something which excited her as she touched into a part of her own interests to share with Katrin.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Katrin blushes slightly when she's told she's talked too much about herself. Then the conversation quickly turns to collecting rocks. It wasn't something Katrin had much experience in, but that was ok, Nathara seemed to know enough for both of them. "What kind do you find? I've never actually thought of collecting rocks."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast