Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Default Bioshock Infinite

So I finally got around to playing it and... SO disappointed. I LOVED the first two bioshock games, I feel like they've got rid of so many of the aspects that I loved and made it just another FPS... I'm literally just grinding through the gameplay to get to the storyline, and so far not even that impressed there.

Spoiler: Spoiler 

HOW people compare this game with The Last of Us is beyond me.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Honestly, all the Bioshock games are just another FPS. They were supposed to be the "spiritual successor" of a great series called System Shock. However everything that made System Shock great was removed.

System Shock was unique. It was an FPS with multiple paths for multiple playstyles. Had an inventive character creation process. And offered a great coop experience. The character you played as gained points to spend in skills allowing you to essentially level your character and build it to match your play style.

The majority of which was cut to make another FPS. It has a number of weapons you can switch between, levels that essentially just go from point a to point b, Hidden collectibles...
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I totally get what you mean, but let me show you another side of the coin (lolololol)

While the first two BioShocks had an AMAZING atmosphere, Infinite is no different. The feeling when you rise up into the clouds instead of down into the sea is just... wow.

And I agree with you on Lizzie. I think she's a very bland character and pretty annoying.

Have you finished it yet? Because the story is just mindbloeing. Nowadays it might seem like a cliché story, but at its time it was a very cool concept. The ending still sends shivers down my spine.

While I agree that Infinite has been somewhat 'normalized' to appeal to the general audience, I still think it is one of rhe best Bioshock games. If not THE best.

I didnt play it for the mechanics or the gameplay - I played it for the world, the story, the music, the characters. Did I mention that the red-headed twins are probably the greatest duo I've ever seen in a video game?

It sounds like you've been hyped up to this game too much, and then I totally get your disappointment. I can definitely see where you're coming from.

And no, it is WAY different from The Last Of Us. While BioShock had me in goosebumps, Last Of Us had me in tears. Two very different games.

3Spooky5U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Ech

What craze said

The game's atmosphere and story are the fun part. Seeing how they grow closer as characters is the fun part

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was listening to the soundtrack when I saw this, and was like "OOOH! Lets see what they have to say"

I never played the first two Bioshocks, so i can't compare, but I loved Infinite. The world was just enthralling, beautiful and interesting. The combat was annoying at times I agree, but I loved the story. Elizabeth was ok, and she gets more fleshed out as the story goes on, but shes still not THAT great of a character on her own.

Also it has an amazing Soundtrack, one of my favorite.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The end of the game both angered and saddened me and is one of the two games I've played where the ending elicited an emotional response. The other was Red Dead Redemption.

As for Elizabeth, she was meh. I feel her role could've been made better if she wasn't just a tool .

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Spoiler: Things I like 

scifi, fantasy and horror
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Personally i don't see what people see in infinite. It is kinda game that thinks it knows what it is talking about and thinks has something to say but in reality that something is whole lot of nothing, and there are games that touch same topics with lot more thought put into them.

Last edited by Anarchdovey; 04-09-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

@G;

Didn't you say you started the witcher ?

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I don’t really think the game is trying to say anything, besides vague criticism of racism and classism. It’s not about that. It’s about the story and it’s characters.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast