Thread: [M] Battle of Shranz

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] Battle of Shranz

1 AD, 17th August

A storm was above them. Dark clouds of misty thick grays and blues thundered above. Rain would come in time, but for now the rumbling of the storm was what carried across the fields. Short walls encircle the Imperial city in the distance. Shranz sits ripe for the taking. Across its walls fires light up, a signal. Likely the Imperials were preparing for the invasion force to come. The Barbarians were making up the front and were wheeling siege weaponry closer and closer. The area the Elves and Barbarians were coming from was hilly and wooded. These were useful advantages in the terrain for them.

At the core of their combined army were the Jotunn and Wild Trolls, these towering creatures marched with a long gate thanks to their large legs. As their army neared quarrels and stones hurtled through the air at their forces. Aedan stood among a group of Elves not too far from iskar who carried a large shield he used to protect himself and those around him from missile fire. “Raaaaagh! This is life, this is war! Harden your hearts warriors, we take an entire city from the belly of the beast today!” Eogan an Elven blademaster stood with Aedan, wielding the sadistic blade he’d given to the man. Eogan wore mail armor with animal hides over it and a steel helm. As far as Elves went he was fairly armored, a stoic warrior, he was one Aedan could depend upon.

Boudicca followed up behind Aedan. There at the rear of their forces was their king, the might Tuath De himself, Ashen-Face Gwyn. Over his shoulder he heaved his mighty silver blade, it did not shine on this day due to the darkness. Something caught the eye of Aeden. Far to the Southeast there was another force coming. Iskar spotted them as well and roared. “We are taking this city no matter what hell we will go through to do it! We are Barbarians, we are Elves! We are warriors!” Others began to chant in low yet loud drumming voices, rapping their weapons against their shields as they did so. Mists gathered around them and obscured their vision and the enemies as they got closer and closer to the city.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Aedan's eyes shifted cautiously from the city ahead to the emerging force coming from the South-East. He hadn't expected another army to meet on this field. If they were Imperial reinforcements, this battle would be very difficult indeed. The elf put a hand on Eogan's shoulder. "I sense something amiss. There is... something wrong about this approaching army. I cannot speak to it, but it haunts my thoughts." He dipped away from the blademaster and fell back to meet Gwyn, bowing his head slightly to the king before pointing to the distant force, impossible to make out. "There is some unnatural force at play here. I feel the spirits of the wilds call out in revulsion. I believe we should reassess the situation. At the very least, we should send flying scouts to ascertain the nature of this new advance."