Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vengeance of the Remnant: Waking. (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Breal looked at the rest of the pods they needed and nodded. "Alright." She said moving around to push the next one in. It wouldn't take her long to load the last bode into the pod and push them back out into the hall so they had room. That left the stasis room empty accept for the sleeping pods which Captain was going to deconstruct. And then the armory she supposed which still housed all the supplies for those who hadn't woken up. She sighed after a moment looking over the bodies of the eternally resting. She didn't know what to say... usually someone payed respects to the dead but... she didn't know them.

She rubbed her back glancing at the pods once more before coming back into the armory and then through into the stasis room, the AI was still hanging around, silently waiting for one of them to ask questions or give some sort of command... or for them to start moving off. "Alright...." she grumbled. "Now what?"
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"A.I. what is the status of the airlock? Are the automatic doors functional still? Mainly I want to know if we can use the airlock doors without having to use the manual override." He walked over to the pods the bodies were in now and started to form airtight lids over them with his power. As he did so, his skin quickly turned pale white and he fell down to one knee, breathing quite ragged.

"I really should be careful now that I think about it. Too much transfer and I could be joining them in one of those pods." He said with a sort of laugh before leaning against the back of some random object in the room. He looked up at the second in the command. "You don't need orders. You're second in command which means that as for now, you hold the same power as me, since there is only the two of us." He said looking up at her. "The only power I hold over you technically is that the A.I. will follow my commands over yours probably."
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

The A.I. looked to the captain. "Automatic doors are operational in the nearest Airlock." She confirmed. "Manual operation should not be necessary." She watched the captain expel more of his energy. "You should conserve your energy, your body is still adjusting from the deep slumber." "I've noticed." Breal grumbled said hovering over the captain. "Take it easy... We've got a time limit but not that big of a time limit..." she told him.

She listened to what he had to say and scoffed slightly. "For now, but That's not my beef with this situation." she said. "If we do get to the others that dynamic might change." she said before sighing as the AI affirmed what he said about her obeying his orders over her's if it came to that. "Fine, you rest here, I'll take the pods to the airlock." she said. Pushing one back out. it was a lot easier with the wheels that was for sure.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He smiled as he watched her start to work again. She was certainly full of energy he thought to himself as he watched her continue to work. "A.I. you said our current position in space is unknown. This is probably due to the fact that stars are born and killed through natural means. I doubt we will be able to see any constellations due to our unknown position in space. However, if we can get long range scanners on, we can start scanning the stars to find any notable stars and systems that every child is taught. For example, if we could find one of the systems that are in Orion's belt, then we would have an easier time of locating earth. Of course, we would need to find more than one system as we basically build a new map to cross-reference each point into finding the location of earth." He just continued to speak to the A.I. as he continued to let more and more of his energy build up.

The nice thing about his power was that it was always on in some form or format. Making things cost him energy, but absorbing things simply into his body gave him more energy. With so many useless parts in the room they were in, it was basically like a huge battery for him right now.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

It took Breal sometime to get all the bods into the airlock, lining them up so they where nice and neat, it only felt right after all to do her best to make it... somewhat presentable under the circumstances to send them off. Though personally if it had been her in one of those pods, not that she'd care much being dead and all, she didn't think she'd be to fond of just being... jettisoned into space. She sighed when she was finely done, turning her back and starting to head back to the other room to check on the captain.

Bettwen not knowing where they where, perhaps having drifted so far from earth or any other planet that had at one point held human life, and the possibility of them only being the last two humans live, the drive to keep up was sapping. Of coarse she knew what her sister might want, she just didn't. She pushed away the thoughts. Not a good train of thought to be on or she might just do it.

"Alright, they are all lined up, ready to go." She said as she entered into the room and set down on one of the alcove ledges.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

He looked up at her as she came back in. He then used his hands to push himself up to a stand position before turning to face the A.I. "A.I. Do you have some other designation that you respond to? As well, are the cameras in the room that the pods are in, are they still functioning? As well as the outside camera's in that area as well?" He didn't just want to expel them from the ship without even looking at them. If he could he would prefer to watch them go out and say a prayer he learned in the military.

The prayer was to honor the lives that were given during a time of war to try and promote peace. To have whichever god they believe in, looking kindly upon them for committing murder in order to protect those back home who could not protect themselves. He figured, in this situation, they were still at war, and even though there was no one back home for them to protect. Nor that no murder was committed, it would still be a proper war to guide them to their new home in the stars.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

A.I. glanced at the captain. "No other designation has been given." she responded before pausing. "cameras in the air lock are functional, cameras on the outside of the ship in that area are damaged, but visual is sight is accessible if limited." She replied while Breal lend back where she was sitting. She wished there was a more proper way to give them a resting place... but as it was there wasn't much choice...

She sighed before pushing herself back up to stand. There was a lot of work to do if they were going to try and make their way to the other stasis-resting people that were.. hopefully still alive? She tried not to delve to deeply into that thought. "Guess we should get a move on... there's still a lot of ground to cover. after this if we are going to survive long enough to save anything other then ourselves." she said. Thinking about all the work was trying in itself and they didn't have the resources to take it slow either...

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Before we start though, it is only fair to see our brothers and sisters off." He said as looked at her momentarily. He looked back to the A.I. He tried to think of a name that would work for her. His mind tried to conjure different names that could match her well. "Athena. A.I. unless you come upon a new designation that was given to you by your creators I wish for you to also respond to the word Athena." He said with a smile. "Now to test your additional name out. Athena, please display a screen with the feedback from the cameras in the room of the pods as well as any operation camera that is on the outside of the ship."

He watched for a moment as the different cameras came on showing the different areas. "Open the door, do not worry about depressurizing the room though. It will give enough force for the pods to be sent into space." He watched as it all happened and the pods that were carrying the bodies were sent out into space. As he watched them he spoke a prayer quietly. "May the heavenly bodies of the galaxy watch you on your journey to the next life. May you protect us who remain as we never forget the contributions you made. May you help to guide us to survival as we work to not let your sacrifice be in vain. May you protect those who have not awoken yet so that we may save them from death. May you rest in eternal peace and know that we will honor you, even after death." After the bodies disappeared from the sight of the ship the camera's turned off again. He then turned to the only current survivor with him.

He gave a sort of smile after the prayer. "I may have had to change a few parts of the prayer. We used to say it back in the military whenever we lost a fellow soldier. We saw each other as family, brother, sister, the works. Though I guess you could say I was seen as the father since I was the captain. The veteran. I always had the most experience, command always gave me the green soldiers. I always whooped them into something respectable. My last squad though, they were really something different though. They were the ones who felt like family at the time. Hard to believe they're gone." He looked sad and pained for a moment as he remembered them well. He wiped his face with his arm for a moment before looking back at her again.

"It's as you said though, we have work ahead of us. The sooner we get some of the ships basic functions online, the sooner we can start waking the others up. The first things we should get on is one of the smaller generators. We shouldn't need the main ship generator for a while since we will only need enough power to run the machines to live. Once we awake everyone who is still alive we can always fix the main generator then. For now, we need to get the small generator on though. After that, we should fix life support to make sure that we always have air, heating, that kind of stuff. Then we'll want to fix the water recycler so that we don't run out of the water, then probably fix some kind of food generation system. After that, we should be stable enough to slowly start waking up other survivors. The other good thing about waking up the smaller generator means that we will be giving the necessary requirements to the other pods to make sure that other survivors continue to live. If we hadn't awoken when we did, our pods probably would have lost power soon as well." He moved to the console and pulled up what little maps they had access to. "I remember going on a brief tour of the ship before I went to sleep. Thanks to my dream walking augmentation, I've had time to memorize what I did see before." He then combined what small maps where remaining into a large map. It mainly just looked like three or four maps spaced out, but it was actually just empty data that spaced them out. "This is the main map of the ship. As you can see we only have maybe five percent of the actual map of the ship here. Which means as we go throughout the ship we'll need to be careful in case there is unknown damage we have yet to detect. I can turn some of the extra matter from earlier into some basic supplies to help fill in the map as we move, as well as some basic emergency supplies in case we run into damage. Stuff like masks for magnets in our boots, I should be able to make for us with the current supplies we have on hand."
    made by the lovely karma

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123