Thread: {M} Tumbleweed • OOC

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Name: Cassidy McLain
    Alias: That Crazy Lady with the Dog
    Profession: Wilderness Explorer (AKA Out of a job.)

Appearance: Long, dark hair frames a fierce, angular face, tanned from years under a harsh sun. An old scar stretches from her left cheek to her chin. Her eyes are almost unsettlingly blue, always alert and watching for danger. She stands at an average height, around 5’5”, but still cuts an imposing figure on the battlefield.
    Her attire usually consists of hide or leather, a very stitched-together, wild sort of look. A small wooden cross hangs loose upon a leather cord around her neck; a relic from her childhood.

Personality: As uncouth and stubborn as one can get. Cassidy will never waste an opportunity to slip in a snide comment, and always has to have the last word. She can be quite a nuisance at times, but she cares deeply for those close to her and would protect them with her life. Though she is rather outgoing, she is an introvert at heart and enjoys being alone with her thoughts (and her dog).

Short Bio: Born to a Canadian father and an American mother, Cassidy spend much of her childhood crossing between the two countries, never settling in one place for too long. Her parents were in the fur trade, a thriving business in the north, but not without its dangers. Cassidy’s father was killed by a grizzly on a hunt when she was only four years old, and without a father to support the family, Cassidy was forced to work for food and meager money from a very young age. Long did she toil, working in factories and mills alongside her mother, until the day her mother fell ill and succumbed to sickness. Cassidy was left alone, only fifteen years old without a home or parents. She continued to travel from house to house, occasionally staying with family friends or in shantytowns scattered across the state of Montana.

But soon, no one would take her in. Times grew tougher, no one needed another mouth to feed. So Cassidy became a vagabond, roaming the wilderness of Montana hunting bison or anything she could get her sights on. She learned many things; how to chart her path by the stars, where to shoot a bear to kill it the quickest. Through those years in the wild, she was alone. Occasionally a passing native tribe would be kind enough to let her stay for a while, but when they continued on their journey, Cassidy would part ways. She had no goal, nothing to reach for. Only survival.

In her tenth year of self-imposed exile, Cassidy met Crow. The animal crept up on her as she slept, digging through her supplies for a morsel of food. Cassidy raised her rifle, ready to shoot the invader, but something in his eyes made her hesitate. He was small, smaller than any wolf she had ever seen. A bastard offspring of wolf and dog, she guessed, and without an identity or a home. She related to it, in a spiritual sense, and offered to share her meals with him. Enjoying the free food, the wolfdog stuck by her side. She called him Crow, after his black fur and the name of the nearby native tribe.

It was near that time that Cassidy decided she would travel south. To where, she did not know, but she simply wanted a change of scenery. She roamed the countryside for many a year, following the winds like a tumbleweed, until she landed in a little aptly-named town.

Weapons:
    1874 Sharps Rifle
    1873 Colt Peacemaker
    Hunting Knife

Theme Song:

Other:
    Spoiler: Crow the Wolfdog 
    Last edited by Splat; 10-10-2017 at 01:33 AM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Well, I don't think I can resist. I'll probably write up that character sheet today. Probably.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

@Splat; lookin good, accepted~

Medieval Fantasy, Apocalyptic, War, Zombies
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Name: Raven LaRouche

Alias: Angel of Death

Profession: Hired Gun

Appearance:

Personality: A reserved man, well educated in spite of his upbringing. His cold demeanor intimidates even hardened men, especially when they learn of his reputation from the Civil War. Methodical and observant, he often perceives more than what people portray. The only time he truly seems to smile is when he’s around his daughter, whom he cherishes more than anything.

Short Bio:

Raven was born to a French trapper and a squaw who danced in a saloon. Raised along the Texas-Mexico border, he and his older brother learned to be more than able trackers, often working as a scouts for caravans moving through Indian Territory, sometimes as far west as California or as far north as North Dakota or Montana. By the time he was in his late teens he could speak several of the Native American languages including Sioux, Apachee, Cherokee, and Navajo, in addition to both French and English.

At age sixteen, Raven enlisted into the Confederate Army along with his brother. Together they fought in several battles including Antietam, where his brother was among the first killed. From that day forward, the others in his unit noted a colder temperament, with more than one Officer commenting that he was calm even in the face of battle, where he moved with the calculated precision of a surgeon, and that to see him was to see the Angel of Death, with the report of his gun or the drawing of his blade to serve as the dirge.

When the war ended, he couldn’t return home to face his parents, feeling that they would blame him for failing to protect his brother. So he went to Crow territory, helping them trade with white trappers and businessmen, ensuring both sides dealt in fair and honorable trade. It was there that he met Moon Shadow, a crow squaw who was the daughter of the tribe’s medicine man.

Six months later they were married with a child on the way, deep in love and filled with a dream for their own land. Moving to the Texas-Mexico border, they built a home together miles away from the nearest town. Once again they traded with the local Natives, earning themselves a reputation.

Six years later, Raven noticed six strangers approaching from a distance. Seeing their weapons drawn, he ran into the house to retrieve his rifle from it’s mantle. Stepping outside to see them leveling their weapons, he selected the first man he saw with a rifle and fired, dropping him from his horse with a bullet to the head. The strangers fired, attempting to suppress Raven who moved through his house and out the back door, moving to the corner out of view. Crouching, he fired from his new position and took out a second rifleman, then the final one even as they adjusted to his new location. As he ducked behind cover, one of the men drew a stick of dynamite from his coat and lit the fuse with his cigar, then threw it on top of the house.

Even as Raven stepped out to fire once more, the dynamite exploded, knocking him from his feet as debris struck him in the head, dazing him and blurring his vision. Struggling to recover, he could hear Moon screaming, until a volley of gunfire silenced her. Gripping the handle of his LeMat, he fired twice, killing one of the three remaining gunmen and wounding the other. Now standing, Raven continued to fire, killing one of the two remaining men’s horses.

Seeing the spectre of death that refused to die, the two men once again fired their guns to suppress him as one helped the other onto the remaining horse, then rode away with bullets streaking past them, one round lodging itself in the back of the man whom had already been wounded.

Stumbling for his horse, Raven found that the beast had fled. He returned to the house, finding his daughter who cried for her mother. Taking her in his arms, he cried with her.

A month later they moved to Tumbleweed, unable to remain in the place where they were reminded of their loss.

Weapons:

Carcano Rifle- a 6.5x52mm rifle with a stock made of mahogany with a leather padding to rest against his cheek, the rifle is topped with a scope that enables him to hit a target at extreme long range

2 LeMatte Revolvers- a pair of nine-shot .42 Caliber revolvers with a secondary 20ga. Barrel. One has an ebony wood handle with a gold crucifix embedded on either side, while the second one is identical except instead of ebony, it’s made of ivory.

Throwing Knives- 10 leaf-bladed throwing knives

2 Tomahawks- with leather-bound handles made of antlers, and steel axe-blades.

Hunting Knife- with a bone handle engraved with a crow and a six-inch curved damascus steel blade perfect for skinning.

Theme Song:

Other:

Horse-Black Mustang

Clothes- Alternates between a charcoal grey, white, and black long-sleeve button-down shirts, black or brown vests made of either leather or cotton, black or brown trousers, a black Knudson hat, and either black or brown riding boots. Also is very well known for wearing a black duster. Wears an ammo belt for his rifle from his left shoulder to his right hip, his throwing knife belt from his right shoulder to his left hip, and his gun belt carries ammunition for his pistols. His axes hang at either hip behind his pistols, and his hunting knife upside-down strapped into a sheath attached to his rifle-ammo belt on his left shoulder.

Last edited by Rayne7; 10-09-2017 at 08:59 AM.

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It looks decent so far, but I'm gonna ask you to please stick to the Character Sheet I made.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Wow, Rayne, you really weren't kidding when you said you had a character on file.

And Craze, I will post my sheet tonight or in the morning.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Sorry, lol. It was a pre-made character I'd been reserving for a Western roleplay while toying the idea of starting one. I'll re-format it.
    Last edited by Rayne7; 10-07-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Rayne: -must name all characters Raven-

https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lain View Post
    Rayne: -must name all characters Raven-

I just liked the irony of a Crow being named Raven this time! Besides, the other one's name is WRAITH! Not my fault nobody calls him that.

Fantasy, Historical, Parody, Original
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne7 View Post
    I just liked the irony of a Crow being named Raven this time! Besides, the other one's name is WRAITH! Not my fault nobody calls him that.
    Hehe, I getcha. I might work on a sheet in a bit, Craze!
    https://i.imgur.com/cFZlNYP.png
    Awesome Signature set by Hayabusa

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast