Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historica: Lubecker Chronicles

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, & Yaoi <3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Historica: Lubecker Chronicles

EVROPA, Anno Domini 1438 (in the year of our lord)

In Europe, the age of knights and chivalry is slowly drawing to a close. The crusades are all but over, and the last strongholds of Byzantium, the Eastern Roman Empire, are on the brink of being swallowed by the sword of Islam. The White Knight, Janos Hunyadi defends Europe from the encroaching Ottoman Empire in the Balkans. In Italy, merchant republics like Venice, Genoa, and Florence compete for wealth. In central Europe, the Holy Roman Empire struggles to keep itself centralized as it chases a fleeting dream of a united Europe. In the west, France, the most feared military power in Europe, recovers from the Hundred Years' War, and England looks to conquer in every direction. A new age is dawning, an age of learning and science, of art and free thought, an age of new and dangerous ideas.

Lubeck and the Hanseatic League

In the far north of the Holy Roman Empire, near the coast of the Baltic Sea, lies the Free Imperial City of Lubeck. Though a part of the Empire, she governs herself and the surrounding lands as a free and independent republic. Lubeck is one of many merchant republics and trade cities along the coasts of the North and Baltic seas, all of whom would be vulnerable prey to hungry neighboring princes. Under the leadership of Lubeck, these states in the north form a league of cities and small republics that cooperate to dominate trade and defend one another should they come under attack. It is known as the Hanseatic League, or the Hansa. For nearly 100 years, the Hansa has competed fiercely with the Kingdom of Denmark for control of trade, and some say that the golden age of the Hansa is ending. Though the people of Lubeck will heartily tell you: it is only just beginning.

The RP
    The RP will be structured in chapters. Each chapter will jump ahead, potentially several years, from the previous chapter. Players are permitted to play more than one character if they wish. Please make a post in the OOC telling at least your character's name, age, and occupation along with any other information you wish to include. You are not required to fill out a character sheet, but you may if you wish to. You're free to keep track of your characters in the OOC however you wish and provide as much detail as you want. Or you can just give the bare minimum essentials and develop your character in the rp, which is perfectly acceptable.

I'm happy to answer any and all questions you may have, and I will answer historical questions to the best of my ability. Though this is intended to be a more historical and realistic rp, the story is not necessarily confined to the actual course of history, and may very well stray further and further from it the further we go along. The events within the rp are likely to be ahistorical, we're just using history as a setting or context. Ultimately, the rp will follow the rise or fall of Lubeck and it's inhabitants. If you enjoy exploring different locations in a story like me, don't worry, you aren't confined to the Lubeck, but the overarching story will center around it.

Feel free to follow your own arcs, and I'll DM as necessary. The PC's by no means have to be together and following the same story arcs. This isn't like a fantasy adventure where everyone's a party. I'll moderate and add rules as it becomes necessary. The only real rule for now, is try to stay within the laws of physical reality / keep it believable. Other than that, the standard RPA rules apply, and the rp will be rated as Mature.

Rules for characters
    • Please include (at least): Name, gender, age, and occupation.
    • Must be a citizen of Lubeck.

Chapter 1 will begin in December of the year 1438, as the city is under siege by the Duke of Mecklenberg. Make a post, as simple or as detailed as you prefer, about your character(s), and they will be added to the cast for Chapter 1.

The Lubecker Chronicles

Chapter I: The Siege of Lubeck, 1438
    Cast:
    • Jaro Bachmann
    • Heinrich "Hinz" Bachmann
    • Marlein Bachmann
    • Ewald
    Last edited by Cinderella; 11-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Here's a link for anyone who might be having a difficult time coming up with ancient Germanic names like I was.

Name: Jaro Bachmann
    Appearance: Jaro is taller than many of the other men in town, with broad, sturdy shoulders and sandy hair. His blue eyes are often crinkled and lit by an honest smile, despite knowing the deep sorrow of losing a significant other. His callous, wrinkled hands are the most obvious signs of the years he has spent dealing with heavy loads and occasional, but lengthy, voyages away from Lubeck.

Name: Heinrich Bachmann (goes by Hinz)
    Appearance: Hinz may not be as tall as his father, but he is just as strong and twice as fast. This makes him an apt soldier, good enough to be trained for combat on horseback. He shares his father's sandy hair, but has his mother's hazel eyes instead of the typical blues.

Name: Marlein Bachmann
    Occupation: father's assistant, though only behind the scenes and from home.
    Appearance: Marlein seems to have gotten more of her mother's genetics. Her eyes, however, are the same light blue as her father's. Her shoulder-length locks are a golden wheat color. She is also much shorter than her father and brother, though no longer petite. Her body has recently begun to show the curvaceous signs of maturity, meaning her father is sure to be pressured by his peers to begin the search for a suitable husband.
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 11-10-2017 at 06:52 AM.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I'm just trying to decide what I want to do for a character I got something for the names :P

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

This is my first time controlling more than one character, but once I had the idea for this little medieval family, I just had to make them.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Pfft I'm an expert at controlling multiple characters. You've seen how good I am!

I kinda want to make a former Polish cavalry person who retired to the city or a pirate hunter and his crew....or all of the above

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

'Tis true, Fox.
    I vote make 'em all!

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Alright I just didn't want to make to many characters

Spoiler:  

Fantasy, Historical, & Yaoi <3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Aaaa, I love your characters so far! And Heinrich seems cute, omg! I'm excited to see what you come up with Fox, both of those ideas sound really fun!

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Cinderella!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Ewald
    Appearance: Ewald stands just under average height, pale and physically underwhelming he almost appears to be malnourished. Not out of circumstance nor laziness, rather fueled by his constant neglect of bodily needs in favor of intellectual pursuits. His slim angular face is framed by flaxen shoulder length hair, and his inquiring grey-blue eyes are deep set straddling a straight nose. Though his posture is quickly deteriorating it is offset by his youthful exuberance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast