Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Blood Line CH1: The Bloody Arrival OOC&IC a Kris X Siks 1X1 Rp.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Guk-Guk was too shaken to take note of Yaorlan or take the offered milk. She simply clung to Sabin weeping into the fold of her gown.
    "No no! Not dream! It real! Bad shadows kill Guk-Guk's momma!" She buried her face deeper into Sabin's legs. Putting the jug on the floor she picked the little girl and hugged her close shushing the child's sobs and stroking her hair slowly.

Soon she had managed to quiet the half Goblin enough so she wouldn't wake up the rest of the inn. With a few more soft sniffles Guk-Guk finally quieted her eyes were still red and full of tears, but she had stopped shaking so much. The Dark One was at a lose to what could shake such a formally brave little girl so much. She slowly sat down on the edge of the bed moving Guk-Guk from her hip to her lap holding the terrified little girl close to her chest stroking down her head and back.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

"No one will harm you here", Sabin said slowly, "Your Pappa and friends will protect you".

She didn't want to make the child talk if she didn't want to, "I'm here for you too, and if you want you can stay here with me", Sabin smiled still petting the girl's hair, "If you want to talk or just sleep, it's fine as well"

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Guk-Guk sniffed nodding her head slowly. Sabin lifted the girl up and laid down on her side letting the child curl into her body some more her small arms wrapping around the Dark Elf's waist. Guk-Guk tucked her head underneath Sabin's chin and simply held her close listening to the steady thump of Sabin's heart letting it calm her down.

Sabin hasn't dealt with many children let alone terrified children she needed to comfort. But the motherly instinct that has slowly been awakening in her since she met Guk-Guk knew just what to do without Sabin even thinking about it. Kissing Guk's head softly she continued to pet the girl's hair and wrapped her free arm around Guk-Guk's narrow body holding it close to the warmth of her own body. She began rocking gently in the bed and stared humming a soft song for the trembling child.

Sabin didn't bother keeping track of the time the two of them spent in silence. But soon Guk-Guk's eyes were dry and she was shaking anymore, but she still held tight to Sabin as if the shadows might try to take her away too. Soon the Elf heard a small choked voice.
    "Guk-Guk sorry she not knock."

Sabin chuckled lifting the girl's head and kissing her nose.
    "It's ok Guk-Guk, you were scared. I know you didn't mean to barge in. "

The little girl began nibbling on Lil Bone's paw.
    "Guk-Guk miss momma so much."

Sabin nodded kissing the child's head again.
    "I understand, I miss my mother too."

Looking up the half-breed sniffed back half a sob.
    "What happened to Saba's momma?"

The Dark One wasn't sure how to word the response. The last thing she wanted was to scare Guk-Guk again. But honesty is something she always tried to use.
    "She was killed, bad shadows got her too."

Guk-Guk pressed her head against Sabin's chest.
    "Why?"

Sabin shrugged frowning gently.
    "I don't really know, but I am trying to find out."

The girl continued to suck on her toy's paw.
    "Guk-Guk don't know too."

The woman stroked the girl's head slowly feeling her loosening up. Maybe Sabin could help the girl.
    "You want to tell Saba about it? I know it's a painful memory, but sometimes when we're sad or scared talking about it with someone who cares about us can really help?"

Guk-Guk smiled softly looking into Sabin's face with what the Elf might call hope.
    "Saba care about Guk-Guk?"

"Of course I do, now come on let it all out." Sabin said smiling down at the girl.

Snuggling into Sabin's chest Guk-Guk brought her hand up to grip onto Sabin's breast and shirt for comfort.
    "Many year ago, Guk-Guk live with Momma in city call Ballfire by sea. Smelly place and no one smile, Momma ownded clock shop and she raise Guk-Guk. Momma's named was Jik-Jik and many men like her, she was very pretty like Saba, but look more like Guk-Guk. Ballfire always fulla of fightin' an Momma keep Guk-Guk in shop mosta time." The began to sniffle again squeezing Sabin tighter as she relieved the dream. "But then one night, big fight start. Shadow men set tings on fire, break houses...hurt people. They come for Momma and Guk-Guk, but Momma smart and quick like Guk-Guk...*sniffle*. She get Guk-Guk to one of her friend's carts...then they kill her." Guk-Guk began to sob softly and Sabin simply laid their silently comforting her again letting the tears run their course.

A few minutes passed before Guk-Guk managed to regain her control again a wet spot already formed in the middle of Sabin's gown. "Then Guk-Guk get passed from friend of Momma to friend of Momma, it last a few months then Sabin came to last man, he was friend of last friend not friend of Momma and he do...bad things to Guk-Guk." She whined gently pressing her legs together as it stop someone from getting between them. Her tears began anew but she kept talking this time. "He hit Guk-Guk when she cry sometimes, or when Guk-Guk get in his way. And other times he make Guk-Guk do...naughty things ." She could say anymore before her tears overcame her again.

Sabin's eyes watered a little, but they were tears of anger more than sorrow. She knew what the crying girl meant without even hearing the words. The sickness of this world continues to baffle and pain her, but she kept silent letting Guk-Guk finish. It took a little bit longer than before for Guk-Guk to regain her composure this time, but eventually she did.
    "Guk-Guk escape one night he drink too much, and Guk-Guk never stop till she got in Samich. Then Ms. Puppet and Wolfy help Guk-Guk."

Sabin wiped her own eyes and kissed the amazing little girl's head.
    "You are so tough Guk-Guk. Saba very proud of you, what happened after you got into town?"

Guk-Guk sniffed nuzzling back into Sabin.
    "Thank you Saba, Guk-Guk stay in town til Spring then in summer she wander off to look for moonstones to make gift for Ms. Puppet. But Guk-Guk wander too far...bandit men find Guk, but Guk-Guk much fasta den dem. She run upa hill and soon find Papa Bone, he save Guk-Guk."

Sabin's eyes widened a little bit, Y'gol saved the girl? She never would've believed that had she not seen Guk-Guk and hear how she talks about the Ogre.
    "How did Papa Bone save you?"

The girl looked at her toy fondly.
    "He give great big roar then charge downa hill and killa all but one, but Guk-Guk too scared to watch."

Sabin nodded gently, yes that sounded like Y'gol, well almost like him.
    "Why didn't he kill the last one?"

Guk-Guk rolled to her back while still staying close to Sabin.
    "He been fightin' them for while. They be robbin all the traders coming to Samich and blamin Papa for it hoping town go killa Papa. But Papa too smart, he make bandit take us to the man's camp then he make Guk-Guk look away as he kill that one too. Then Papa and Guk-Guk sleep in bandit camp then bring wagons to town."

Sabin already knew why Y'gol brought the carts to Sàmhach, but she wanted to hear Guk-Guk's reason.
    "Why did you and Papa bring the wagons down? Wouldn't there be lots of food and such for you and Papa?"

Guk-Guk shrugged making her toy dance across Sabin's tummy.
    "It was Guk-Guk's birthday and Guk-Guk birthday wished to thank Ms. Puppet and Wolfy for helpin Guk-Guk. Papa wasn't happy, but Guk-Guk talk him into it. That way Guk-Guk hoped Papa would be allowed ina town, but he like his den too much so Guk-Guk move in wit him. And he treat Guk-Guk good." The little girl's tears had dried and talking about her Papa seemed to calm her fears quite a bit, so with all the fear and tears dried up sleep began to retake the child's mind.

The Dark One smiled lovingly and pulled Guk-Guk back into her body and covered them both with the covers just as the girl let out a big yawn and hugged Lil Bone to her chest and squishing him between her body and Sabin. She made herself comfortable sharing the bed with a little girl and her toy and kisses Guk-Guk upon the head one more time.
    "Good night Guk-Guk."

The child hmmed softly her eyes already heavy and closed. She kissed Sabin's chest and seemed to settle into sleep. Just as Sabin herself was about to shut her eyes though Guk-Guk asked something that made Sabin blink in shock.
    "Guk-Guk love you Mama."

How does one answer that? She did care for the little scamp, but to be called Mama by her especially considering who her Papa was left Sabin's speechless, luckily Guk-Guk was half asleep so she didn't notice the pause and by the time the Elf had an answer Guk was breathing the shallow breaths of sleep. Sabin didn't often let her emotions show or use words like love, but if such a brave and amazing little girl considered her a mother even if it was just a slip of the tongue, the Dark Elf couldn't help but be filled with warm maternal feelings. Her heart glowed and she wished when she did have a child of her own they would be as amazing as this little Goblin half breed laying asleep in her arms.

Leaning down she kissed Guk-Guk's cheek softly and whispered to the little girl.
    "Mama loves you too Guk-Guk." She saw the faintest hint of a smile on the girl's face as she blew the candle on the table out hugging the girl close as she drifted into a pleasant sleep with dreams of motherhood dancing across her closed eyes.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

"Pss- Yaorlan!", Sabin leaned against the open window, calling out to the wood elf.

She sneaked from her own room window into that of Yaorlan, while making sure Guk-Guk was still tucked in, and fast asleep. There were few hours before sunrise, but she had to do something with the info gotten from the girl.

She tried to wake the elf, but the last however seemed WAY too much into the comfortable bed as he simple moved from one corner to the other, covering himself with the blanket. Sabin chuckled from the cute sight. There was hardly any good night sleep with Denika's leadership, hardly even in the latest months when they were on constant alarm. That explains his lack of motivation to get up from a good night rest.

"Yaorlan", she started to pass her fingers over the blankets, "Get up!".

"Nyum…", he smiled, probably still in a dream, "Five more minutes, please"

"Wish we had that much time… but you need to get up!", she pulled the blanket over him, realizing way too late that he liked to sleep without cloths too.

"Oh c'mon!", she said, looking away, blushing.

He barely got up when he realized the situation.

It was awkward to say the least.

"So, darky, what's the big deal?", he said while dressing as she was sitting at the edge of his window, "You know the big deal for which you couldn't possibly wait for morning, or you know- knock and-!"

There was a long silent and even Yaorlan could feel that something was wrong, "What's up?".

Sabin took a deep breath, "Y'gol is not the monster we think he is".

"Yes, you already said that before"

"No, you don't understand. Everything I heard about him proved to be very wrong, he wasn't the one who made the caravans go astray, he actually beat the thieves, he was not the reason for the deaths of the raiders… Do you understand?"

"Wow. It's very hard to swallow"

"I know. I think his promise to me, and Guk-Guk changed him somehow… I need to see him. I need to go to him before we go to battle!"

"I'm coming with you"

"Guk-Guk coming too", said a voice behind them.

Sabin didn't realize the girl was up.

"Not a good idea, kiddo, he may-!"

"Excellent idea", said Sabin.

"Err?", the wood elf asked puzzled.

"She is the only one who knows the way to him, and he may only give us a chance to speak because of her…"

"You put a lot of trust in their bounds don't you?"

"I have to… After everything she's been through, calling a monster father is way hard a task than you think… And those she placed her trust in, proved to be the real monsters instead… I'm going to trust him too… I have to, he probably will be the only side to listen right now".

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

With a plan decided upon the trio bundled themselves up as warmly as possible and crept quietly downstairs. Life at an Inn always starts before dawn, and as they reached the bottom of the stairs the smell of freshly made bread and breakfast filled the warm air of the tavern as the gentle glow of the fireplace and the thin fingers of dawn's light giving just enough light to see Hasher hunched over the fire slowly bringing it back to life and Ashley pacing around the tables cleaning and setting them for the early risers to eat at.

Hasher's keen ears perked up at hearing the group come down the steps and growled a greeting to them just as Xandra came out from the kitchen wiping her hands on her cooking apron. She was obviously expecting one of her other guests, not the Elves and little Guk-Guk. She hmmed gently looking down at the girl, she'd heard Guk-Guk's nightmare last night, but before she could get up and see what she could do the girl was already with Sabin. Being a Puppet Mage gives her a little bit of empathy sensing powers and she could tell Sabin would be more helpful for Guk-Guk than she would and it proved right because the little girl while kind of groggy looking seemed happy.

"You should still be asleep young lady." She teased bringing Guk-Guk from fresh milk and toast. The girl gave a big yawn and shook her head. "We goin' to see Papa Bone got no time."

The woman quirked her eyebrow pointing her finger to the stool behind the food.
    "You need some breakfast, now sit and eat." With a big yawn Guk-Guk knew that look in Xandra's eyes and knew to not argue with her. So she hopped up onto the stool and began nibbling on the toast.

With a curt nod she looked up at the Elves.
    "You two as well. I know Guk-Guk likes toast and milk, but I can make you anything."

Yaorlan shook his head nicely at the offer.
    "No we're kinda on a deadline, we'll meet Guk-Guk outside."

The Mage narrowed her eyes and began drumming her fingers on the bar. Some of the Puppet Servers twitched lightly and began staring at the Elves in response to their Mistress's mood. With a sigh the man put his hands up in defeat and sat on the other side of Guk-Guk.
    "Just coffee and some bread and cheese please."
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 12-12-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

"I'll have the same thing please, add some milk to my coffee though".

As they started to eat, Yaorlan sneaked away some bottle with clear looking water within, however Sabin was no fool.

"What do you think you are doing with alcohol so early in the morning?"

"Shush!", Yaorlan hushed her, "You don't want the kid to hear that word at her age"

"I'm sure she already had, you know living in this place..."

"Regardless, I believe it's better to avoid this topic", he said as she started to pour the liquid into small cup and took two straight shots, "I'm drinking water, is all"

"I can't believe you've just consumed Vodka at this hour".

"Lady!", he said while he poured another drink, "We are about to meet someone even the captain had trouble dealing with. If there is anything which is going to keep my mind at east is Vodka".

Sabin shook her head with a grin, "So be it", she drank and eat, but only a mouthful. Yaorlan hardly eaten his food as well, "I just want to be over with this, darky", he said once they both got up.

"I'm thankful you are joining me, it really means a lot"

Yaorlan nodded, "I really hope so as well... I know I said I'll be happy just trying to sway the balance, but failing after reaching so far will kinda suck"

"Let's go!", Sabin said, "We have yet to actually face either of the warring sides"

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

While she couldn't stop the adults from barely eating their breakfast she made sure Guk-Guk helped herself to two more bits of toast and another glass of milk before she would let her get up. The girl jumped off the stool and ran back up to her room. Once the trio was done the woman collected the dishes and took them into the kitchen. She was used to people drinking early in the morning and as she heard they were going to see Y'gol, Yaorlan's reasoning made sense. But there was warning she needed to deliver.

"You'd be wise to leave that here Master Elf." She said nodding to the bottle. "As you know Papa Bone has a very keen sense of smell, and he is also very protective of Guk-Guk. And her being in the care of people who smell of alcohol...will not end well. Especially if they have it on them."

The Wood Elf thought about it then nodded sadly and placed the bottle on the bar. Xandra nodded back and took the bottle hiding it. "Don't worry it'll be here if you come back." She smirked lightly nodding towards the door. "Good luck."

The heard Guk-Guk hopping down the steps weighed down by something, as she came into view the Elves saw the little half-breed appear with a large hammer in a sling across her back. Yaorlan's eyes went a little wide as he saw it.
    "What in the world is that Guk-Guk?"

The child pulled the hammer out of the sling and gave it a few proud practice swings.
    "Dis is Bonk-Bonk! Guk-Guk's big 'ammer for brekin' faces like Papa Bone does!" She made a few tough sounding growls as she fought invisible foes.

Yaorland simply shook his head.
    "Alright Guk-Guk if you say so. Ready to go now?"

The little girl nodded and reslung her hammer before racing off for the door using her small fur cape like bird wings trying to take off. The Elves shared a smile and followed the energetic girl out. It was a cool early autumn morning out, the dew was still on the grass and a low fog was rolling down from the mountains around them. It would've been a beautiful morning had they not been about to go see a 9 foot tall incarnation of death itself. None of that bothered the happy little girl as she bounced through the little clouds diving under them then popping up in a different place giggling wildly. Such simple joys are unknown to adults even those who refuse to grow up.

Their bodies cannot twist and bounce the same as a kid's, and people don't stare at and judge a kid for being a kid like this. The freedom of youth is indeed a precious things that is so often wasted, but with a quick whistle Sabin got the girl's attention again.
    "Ok Guk-Guk which way do we go?

The girl popped up then pointed out beyond the residents.
    "We go that way to Papa Bone. Keep up wit Guk-Guk." Quickening their pace the Elves followed the child through the mostly silent streets of Sàmhach. It was barely dawn so most of the townspeople were still sleeping, but they could see the real beauty and appeal of this mountain hamlet. Only the sounds of wildlife and the wind filling the streets. And it also showed them just how small the town really was, they reached the northern borders in a manner of minutes and it was here Guk-Guk stopped and turned to look seriously at the adults following her.
    "Ok listen close to Guk-Guk, only Papa Bone and Guk-Guk know way to Papa's Den and we setta traps alla over mountain. So you step where Guk-Guk step and try nota fall down k?!" She didn't give them time to respond she just darted through the gate expecting them to follow.

They did what she asked, but also studied the land around them as much as the fog would let them. Y'gol had really put great time and energy into picking his den. It was one nearly inaccessible path after another followed by sheer rockfaces. Yao commented a number of times he's not even sure how the girl or the Ogre even got up this far. But Guk-Guk would always just giggle and show off her gymnastic skills each time something seemed impossible to get over.

It was past noon, when they arrived at what Guk-Guk would call her front yard. It was a long rocky slope leading up to another sheer rock face only this one with a massive chunk taken out of the wall as if a landslide many years ago broke the rocks free reveling a platform and a cave. The girl was visibly excited and skip-ran her way up the slope shouting.
    "PAPA, GUK-GUK HOME AND SHE BRING FRIENDS!"

Sabin and Yaorlan followed a few weary feet behind the girl as she vanished into the dim light of the cave. So this was it? This where the most feared Ogre in the land made his home and started raising his adopted daughter, no one would believe them if they survived this encounter. As they came closer to the cave they were surprised in how clean and neat the cave looked in the line of fiery braziers that gave the interior an almost cozy appearance. It looked like a suitable home for the wild child that was Guk-Guk, but what lumbered from the darkness at the back of cave still sent shivers down both of the Elves' spines.

Y'gol loomed up from the darkness he wasn't wearing his skull and they could see his grim black face contorted in a kind of annoyed surprise and his four burning red eyes bored into them. His massive hand was atop Guk-Guk's head and it looked able to pop her little head like a grape, but it looked far more protective than threatening and his clawed thumb was stroking the side of the girl's head fondly. Neither Sabin nor Yaorlan had ever recalled seeing someone more happy than Guk-Guk was right now. She bouncing in place as she led her Papa slowly through the cave and towards the entrance.

The beast's cleavers were leaning against the wall and Yao began thinking of how quickly he could grab those and use them against Y'gol should the beast attack them. But as the father and daughter stopped at the door there was instant tension and both warriors saw Y'gol glance at his cleavers. He could reach them and split them down the middle before either Elf could even make steps towards them.
    The girl was oblivious to the tension between the three adults, she was just happy to be back with her Papa and have company.
    "Saba and Yaory this Papa Bone, Papa Bone this Saba and Yaory!" The three stood staring at each other for a few seconds before Y'gol spoke, his voice still a slow, rough, whisper but none of the menacing tone Sabin heard in the forest was anywhere under his words.
    "Hello...Saba...and...Yaory." He looked down at the girl his grim visage breaking into a genuinely loving smile as he moved hand and nudged Guk-Guk back into the cave. "My...cub...how...about...you...go...get...our...g uests...some...fresh...water...from...the...pond. And...don't...spill...any...please." The girl smiled and bounced away, Y'gol watched her go until she was well out of sight then he moved with fury and speed. Lunging forward he grabbed both Elves by their necks and propelled them back to the edge of the stone platform his heavy gray hands squeezing their necks just enough to stop any fighting, but be unable to fight back. His eyes blazed with rage and his pointy serrated teeth her clenched tightly.

He held his face mere inches away from Sabin and Yaorlan and he spoke in an even quieter and more dangerous voice. "How...dare...you...show...up...at...my...doorstep ...stinking...of...alcohol...and following...my...cub? Give...me...one...reason...to...not...kill you...both...now." He tightened his grip a little. "You only...have...a...few...seconds... before...she returns...and...I...never...commit...violence in...her...presence...so...you...will...die...befo re...then...if...I...don't...like...the...answer." He stared deeply into both of their eyes, but mostly at Sabin because he could smell Guk-Guk's scent all over the woman.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 12-13-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

"Because this will be a mistake!", Sabin said slowly, feeling the air torn away from her as tears gathered in her eyes from being strangled.

The wood elf could barely move, but he used all his powers to try and pry open the fingers of the ogre away from his neck.

The pain was horrible but Sabin pressed on, "I know now... you didn't kill the traders... you were not the reason caravans stopped coming to the village... but you being there was awfully convenient for the elven captain to make her plans... she hadn't forgave you... neither have I... but this is not justice... not when you are not to be blamed... not after everything I heard from Guk-Guk", Sabin started to cough, the light in her eyes going dimmer.

"You know me... I'm quicker... I would not have been open to your attacks unless I wanted to... hear us out!", she cried, "After all you put me through.... after you got me involved... You owe me at least that!!"

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The Ogre growled deeply his grip tightening once again wishing he had just killed them both before this and just tore down the walls of the High Elf's fort and destroy her himself rather than letting Sabin do it. Even though he would be in the right in killing all the Elves because they attacked him first, but Guk-Guk was sick that day and he was just looking for some herbs to help her when the woman and her men attacked him. And while the soldiers would be killed as easy as flies, their leader was a Mage and Mages are more difficult to kill than that.

But he could hear Guk-Guk singing a happy little song while she splashed around in the water at the back and bottom of their Den. He sighed deeply letting the Elves go and walking back to the cave entrance. He was used to being persecuted, and usually the claims were true, but ever since he took Guk-Guk in he has been trying to live as a good example for the girl. Yes, he encouraged her to steal, but it was to teach her the only skill he could possibly teach that could help her when she grew up. He had taught her how to fight, but he didn't want her to live the life of a warrior. Thievery, while still a dangerous profession isn't a guaranteed death, and good Thieves can avoid danger entirely, this was his hope for his little cub. Y'gol knew nothing of smithing or trading and his particular kind of hunting was not meant to turn a profit it's simply meant to feed him.

Dropping into a crouch Y'gol stared at the Elves.
    "Speak...then, I...thought...the woman...smelt...familiar...who is...she?" He sniffed the air trying to remember where he knew her from. "What...vengeance...does...she...seek? And...why...have...you...come here?"

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Both Sabin and Yaorlan fell on the knees, the pressure still tightly felt around their necks as they tried rub said location and slowly pick themselves up.

Obviously when Sabin noticed the little girl she hit her elbow in the wood elf's ribs, telling him to act normally. She herself smiled as well, or at least tried to, and Y'gol seemed happy from the cover up.

While Guk-Guk was there, Sabin obviously couldn't go into full details so she tried to allude to the subject, "You know... a familiar person... Igin, a high elf", she said slowly.

Truthfully, Sabin herself didn't know when exactly this event happened. If it occurred during the time they tried to capture Y'gol after his escape, or much much much prior to his first being caged... But during his life he did horrible deed which left one high elf woman mentally scarred forever.

Sabin didn't know the little details, but she knew enough. Denika was full of revenge, and to be honest Sabin couldn't have blamed her.

But looking at the young Guk-Guk, Sabin started to feel hints of compassion.

"I'm happy for your change. I do believe in fair chance to mend ways for everyone", she shook her head, "I can't believe I'm saying this. I have so many questions. I know Guk-Guk is amazing, but how she did it? what made her change you?", Sabin smiled. She was also happy to learn Y'gol honored his promise to her as well, "Regardless, the sins of your deeds are crawling at your back and coming for you, and like you told me from the start, innocents are going to get caught in the fire and I cannot abide it and watch from the side".

She clenched her fists, "I don't know how far you will extend your hospitality, but battling them right now will be wrong. Many of them are not at fault, or don't even know this is a personal gain of one woman who lost everything".

Sabin looked ahead, "It is still your fault, you need to take responsibility. You must", she looked at Guk-Guk, "Stay with her, give us time to try and disband the warriors. Once they will hear what truly happened, they will draw back".

"And if they don't", the wood elf spoke for the first time, a terrible sad expression on his face, "I will personally fight against them".

Sabin was amazed from the noble suggestion of the elf. It clearly was not easy for him to say such thing, knowing that most of the warriors at Denika's back and call were probably his best friends. Even if he himself was not part of the their kin, he probably grew to see them as family.

"Don't say anything, darky", he smiled, "It is sad, but mad dogs must be put down", the wood elf looked up at the ogre. How badly he wished the monster was him and not his squad and captain.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast