Thread: Meeting Lions at Dawn. (Professor Heal and Dawn Scamander)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Default Meeting Lions at Dawn. (Professor Heal and Dawn Scamander)

Thursday, September 2nd.
    8:15 before first class.
    DADA class room.

Dawn peered at the door for a long moment. She'd been asked, though a note, to come to the Deafens against the dark arts classroom. She'd heard that this class was taught by a oddly eccentric women. From what she'd heard she wondered if it wasn't the professor that had caught her and Katrin out in the hall the other night. What would she want to meet her about? She hopped she wasn't in trouble for anything more, that would be a terrible start to the year at her new school.

Dawn was still a little shaken from the rude mornings awakening, but a bit of warm food and coco had helped settle her down, but it still... bothered her. How real it was. She shook her head pushing the thoughts away and knocking on the door before slowly peering in. "Hello? Professor?" she called looking into the dark arts room for a moment. Looked like any other room.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael looked up from where she sat, smiling gently at the nervous student before her. "Ah, Ms Scamander. Come in, please."

This was another student she was curious about. A transfer from the United States. Professor Shurley couldn't say she'd spent too much time at Ilvermorny, but had heard of the school itself. Still, she needed to make sure the student was up to her own standards of a third year class. "How are you settling in?"

What is an Angel, without her Wings?

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn moved further into the room and smiled. "Oh, Its a wonderful place. I'm settling in well thank you." She stopped in front of the professor. It was in fact the women who had found her and Katrin that night and taken them to their houses. "Ah.. Professor." She said with nervous shift. "Why exactly did you call me here?" she asked. "I hope I haven't stepped out of line again." she said worriedly. Or.. maybe perhaps it was about the dream? But as far as she was aware only Professor Grim had been told about it...

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

"No, you're not at all in trouble. I simply wished to get to know you, and what you are capable of."

She looks at her curiously, almost with concern. "What is it? What is troubling you so?" It was clear the girl was worried about something, even without being able to hear her thoughts.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn blinked. "Oh, alright." before seeing the concern cross over the older women's face and she asked. So... she didn't know? Dawn wasn't sure how much she should say. "Oh Its nothing." She said quickly. It wouldn't due to spread rumors or stories that didn't happen to be true. She put on a smile. "Professor heal correct? It is a pleasure to meet you. You probably already know my name but I'm Donna scamander, I'm a third year this year from Ilvamony."

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hael looked the girl over carefully. "I assure you. Anything said in this room, will stay there. If you ever need to talk about anything, you can. Same will go for any of the teachers, and especially your head of house, Professor Grimm." She said it with a gentle smile. Not pushing for the girl to tell her what was wrong. But simply putting her at ease.

"Yes, I am professor Hael Shurley. it's always nice when we get transfer students. Now, tell me, what kind of spells have you learned for Defense?"

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Dawn nodded to the professor but was glad she didn't press for answers. More then likely she'd hear from another teacher she didn't want to relive the dream right now. She tipped her head pondering thoughtfully as she asked what spells she'd learned in deafens against the dark arts. "Ah... well." She said thoughtfully. "I've been better with deafens then I have been with attack like spells." she murmured. smiling sheepishly. "I know most spells, I can preform the Leg-Locker Curse, Disarming Spell, Full Body Bind." She murmured. "But spells like Everte Statum and Everte Statum have always been a little difacult for me to cast."