Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [M/IC] Night of the Raven

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Abi merely greeted her friend with a grossed out sounding 'ugh'. Did he really have to pick his teeth like that in public? Admittedly she'd hoped to see his human form to start things off, but he'd probably transform again when he was ready and what have you. Oh well...

She sighed somewhat wistfully, then smirking, simply stated,
    "Hyde you wouldn't know fashion if it hit you in the face,"

Before he could take a stab at her back however, their host decided to finally let them all in.

It was a nice place. Grand and noble in all the ways she could think of of course. Abi stuck with Hyde, wanted to catch up and confide in each other about their various guest companions in secret. But before any tea could be discreetly sipped between the two, Old preggo made his way over to them.

Well, more specifically Hyde.

Of course.

For who was she among this group of fantastical supernatural oddities?

Ugh

She smiled politely at the man all the same though.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

RPA's Resident Zombie
    Six feet under, but coming to a theater near you
    Horror/Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Meredith shuffled into the home along with the other guests, her ebony dress swirling around her feet as she moved. She paused as their host, a raven penned Nevermore, welcomed them, drawing in the aroma of the other occupants of the room as she did so. A living banquet paraded around her, making her crave sustenance. Her stomach grumbled and she licked her lips, the thick grey appendage barely slipping between her colored lips before disappearing again. It wasn't until a robed woman-or was it a man, her mind questioned-walked past offering a smile that she really began to salivate. She felt a jolt, her skin quivering as the entity flowed past. Her skin alive and her nostrils flaring like a horse, she froze. The child he was carrying caused the start, so unnatural and beguiling the man's condition that it took all of her will to finally turn away.

Mare wasn't sure if all the undead that were like herself relied on their sense of smell for prey, but it was so for her. Her nose absorbed smells deliciously, her hearing pulling in secondary clues. Her sight was poor, all objects appearing to have an opaque covering, like the eyes of a child born with a caul. Although colors were dull, aromas were bright, like the sun in the morning. And it was the scent of the unholy child which now drew her appetites so fiercely. The flesh of such a young fetus would be sweet and supple. With a deep intake of unneeded air, she chastised herself. There were rules tonight and like the other guests, she would follow them.

With a difficulty similar to that suffered by an opium addict, Mare pulled her attention elsewhere, moving away and drawing up beside the large beastly man at the bar. His scent was gamey, but not unpleasant, and she stood close to him as she requested a vintage red wine. With the drink gripped tightly in her gloved hand, she sipped delicately, allowing the body of the spirit to envelop her as she gazed at her reflection in the mirror behind the bar. Almost perfect, she thought as she teased the stubborn curl with her finger and turned around to survey the other guests. Even with her poor vision, she couldn't help but notice as one guest slipped away to the gardens. Perhaps she should follow, she wondered? Once again she chastised herself. The decision to come here tonight was poorly planned. Even though she had eaten only a few hours before, a zombie's appetite is never quenched, and the guests before her looked absolutely delicious.
    Last edited by bluemoon; 11-10-2017 at 08:07 PM.

KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hollis listened carefully to Nevermore's welcome speech as her steely eyes swept the foyer, making note of all exits (doors, windows), hiding places (curves in architecture, closets), and potential hazards (obstructions, decor) in case of an emergency. In her mind, she made a list of all the locations mentioned, in order to explore them and further detail her mental map:

Ground Floor

• Living Room
    • Billiard Room
    • Dining Hall
    • Bar
    • Unnamed Recreational Rooms
    • Garden Access

First Floor (upwards?)

• Bedrooms
    • Bathrooms

She made a side note to herself about the cellar, remembering to stay wary of it.

Out of the corner of her eye, Hollis noticed a young Fae guest hurriedly escaping into the gardens, appearing distraught. Paying close attention to the clearly undead woman, who had also noticed her departure, Hollis quietly and gracefully weaved through the growing crowd to follow the Fae girl.

The gardens proved vast and extravagant, as promised. Hollis narrowed her eyes, disliking this place where anyone could so easily hide in the shadows. To her left, she saw the nervous girl observing some of the rarer plant life, obviously still trying to control her breathing and heart rate. Hollis approached at a casual pace, attempting to make her presence as nonthreatening as possible.

"Mandevilla," she said, her natural, near gravelly rasp creating an unusual balance with her smooth, light accent, "It's a type of dogbane vine. I 'ear it is used in a 'allucinogenic beverage in South America - for spiritual purposes. Early European explorers called it devil work." She stopped and stood near the crawling pink vine, her posture formal as she straightened her jacket and offered a small smile, her gaze following the flowers upward.

"Fitting for tonight, I think."
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

"How nice to find someone else who appreciates the beauty and power of nature," Albina answered the husky-voiced girl. She had mistaken her for a man at first, but the slightly feminine pitch of her voice and even less conspicuous curves revealed otherwise. "It seems they claimed everything unfamiliar was either the devil or his work, doesn't it?" She continued to eye the other woman as she spoke, trying to figure out what variety of 'monster' she was.

What type of creature hardly smelled like anything but stone? Her blue-slate eyes seemed gentle, and they nymph didn't think anyone who was fond of nature could be malicious. Unlike those early explorers, Albina was willing to accept new experiences with an open heart.

"Speaking of unfamiliar, I don't believe I've seen you here before. There were some years I missed, however. My name is Albina Quercus, and yours?" The nymph extended a hand along with the introduction, pleased to have found another guest who didn't make her spine tingle with anxiety.
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 11-13-2017 at 09:41 PM.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hollis shook Albina's hand firmly, but not aggressively.

"That is because this is my first year visiting this lovely estate," she answered, "I am called Hollis." She emphasized the 'h' sound in her name, as it was normally a difficult consonant for her to pronounce, but, as she had chosen this name, she insisted on using the intended pronunciation.

"Out of curiosity, Miss Quercus," Hollis prompted, "Do you know of any true 'umans 'o attend this event? Not counting previously or partially, of course."

Though she had brought it up herself, the mention of humans brought a crushing wave of unease over the gargoyle. If there were any in attendance, her stay would have to be cut short...

...and I'll be alone again...

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Hyde's yellow eyes squinted at the presence before him, pupils reducing in size considerably. He finally put a rest to picking his teeth and let out a low purr. "I might indulge you," he mused, grinning suavely.

The wolf bowed low, arm swinging across his chest. "Aramis Hydeick. Shapeshifter, renowned killer and part-time lycanthrope."

Standing straight again, the wolf straightened his clothes and placed his paws on his lapels. "Though, for ease's sake, you may refer to me simply as 'Hyde'."

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yellow eyes of a hunter honed in Rosemario and he smiled even more under the gentleman’s lethal stare. Arabia Hydeick was delightful and polite. How many had he murdered, Rosemario had to ask himself with quick fancy.

“Your manners are crisp, you have my thanks Aramis Hydeick...” Rosemario furrowed his brows with some stress, “Hyde” The informality was unusual. Titles were an act of ritual, and he was very accustom to ritual being repeated devotedly. Hunger bubbled more within his stomach: the baby wanted energy. “Let me introduce myself in some likeness of respect. Rosemario Luciano-Santo Abbaticchio, among those who await our Dark Lord’s return titles are bound to my reputation but you may shorthand my name in which ways imagination fancies.” Rosemario blushed, scratching at his wrist. “I had never thought of such a thing to do with my name, I apologize”

Then loudly his stomach gurgled and the black haired ritualist concealed his expansive womb with bundles of locks.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

"Humans? Purebreds of such vile, destructive creatures have never been at any of these occassion I've been to. At least-" Albina paused, wondering if she should spread such a rumor without having witnessed it herself. "I have heard of a few lured over to satisfy the cravings of some of the more carnivorous guests. I have never seen it for myself, however."

"Forgive me for being so forward, but why do you ask about humans? You don't eat bits of them too, do you? We nymphs tend to simply avoid them, although some of the young and foolish of us are known to fall in love with one from time to time." She rolled her eyes at the prospect as she mentioned it. Even in her youth, Albina had never been guilty of such.

However, one of the first and few friends she'd ever made still pined over a boy who caught her dancing and became enamored. The boy's tribe had been forced west until she could no longer visit him without leaving her tree exposed for too long. Humans weren't capable of providing the commitment many emotional nymphs needed, and most of the newer groups in their land held no regard for the sanctity of nature.

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hollis frowned at the question. She noticed that she had taken too much attention away from her surroundings and pricked her ears, listening closely to the ambiance of the evening...the last crickets and katydids of the season chirping in the brush...a light wind over the hills...the sounds of the party picking up steam from within...

"Ah, non," she said, remembering that she needed to give a response, "I do not eat much of anything, certainly not 'umans." She hesitated, unsure of how much of her past she should share. The nymph seemed trustworthy enough, but Hollis had been wrong before. Dead wrong.

"I ask because it would be preferable to never see one again."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12