Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} The Rift • IC

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

“AHHHHHHHH!” I scream, ripping off the arm from the socket and not seeing a single wire come from the joint. I just realized what I have in my arm isn’t actually fake. My ass landed on the ground, I’m pinned next to the table and as things go bad to worse, a skull lands right on my man cave. “Ah! Oh! Ah!” Fearful, freaked out gibberish sounds sputter out from my mouth and I squirm away from the undead living room scene to get back on my feet and try to kick the skull away from me. “Jesus!” My low voice squeaks and I grit my teeth.

‘Breathe, breathe, breathe’ I keep telling myself to keep my mind sane. I’m staring at the scene and the skeletons with new, disturbed, eyes. I don’t want to touch them, but I am now realizing that they aren’t fake either. Through my visual senses being freaked out I hadn’t even heard the radio. Now its scratchy noise bothers me. I’m starting to get scared. I hate this with everything in me. I’ve never been in a situation like this before. Fear almost gridlocks me and that heavy stillness in my body makes me resentful to whoever brought me into this warped joke.

Bolting, I run to the door on the left to try and open it and flee. At this point the fact I’m carrying a skeleton’s arm is the least of my concerns. Bone is disgustingly smooth.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

As the mouse takes off I freeze, watching the rodent flee. I wait a moment or two before finishing my approach. My hand closes on the top of the hat, before I quickly lift it tom the ground before jumping backwards. I watch the spot the hat was in before peeking inside the hat itself.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Derill,

You have acquired: Rake

As you approach the cabin, you seem to get a better notion of how big exactly this forest is. It seems to stretch on forever, without a single dent or bump in the landscape. Rows and rows of trees, leaves and dirt.

Once you are closer to the cabin, you can see that it has a door and two windows - at least, from this angle. The windows appear to be shut from inside, but the door is opened slightly. You can faintly hear music..."

"Skylar,

The door opens and reveals another room. It shows more of the suburban household, this time what appears to be some sort of entrance hall. There is a large front door to your right, accompanied by two large windows that show a dark night sky, rain ticking away on the glass.

On the wall to the left of the door are a series of coat hangers attached to a railing. Most of them are empty, save for a leather jacket.

Directly ahead of you, you can see a set of stairs leading up and a set of stairs leading down."

"Zachary,

You have acquired: Top Hat

The spot where the hat had been appears to be empty, but as you pick up the hat, you feel a strange chill. The space around you seems to emit a deep rumbling... then, as soon as you notice it, it's gone again."

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I continue my trek through the woods with the rake in hand. Something about this place just doesn't feel... natural... It was all too flat. There aren't any hills or slopes or anything to walk over. Just flat dirt and trees as far as I could see. That and the cabin. I had gotten to the front of it. The two windows looked locked from the inside but the door was at least open. There wasn't a porch, just a dirt path that led to the front door. I follow it and I can faintly make out music coming from inside. I'm normally a fan of music but this time all it did was make my heart beat faster. It felt like it was hurling blood through my veins as I reached out to grab the door and walk inside.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I closed the door behind me and lean against it. I feel my back press hard against the surface. My mind burns, what thoughts should be running through my mind? What do I do? My eyes look straight ahead at what lies next. I feel my brows furrow. Fine, just keep going Skylar. Pulling from the door I try to quiet my heartbeats in my ears with louder breathing.

There was no doubt I was going to walk to the window. It is the first thing here that makes sense. I am glad there is an outside to look at. I need it. Snatching the jacket, I look outside the window as I go to put on the coat and afterward, if I have the coat on, I step outside into the rain.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

As the rumbling stops I wait a moment then shake my head. Closing my eyes I take a deep breath followed by another. This place had to be messing with my head, I think to myself. Spinning the hat between my hands I laugh softly. "Always wanted one of these." I mutter before storing the hat in the most appropriate place, atop my head.

Turning my attention to the door I approach it slowly and open it far enough for me to peek out of, hoping to see something vaguely familiar.

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Derill,

As you enter the cabin in the woods, you can clearly distinguish the song that is playing.

'There's something happening here...'

The scent of homemade tomato soup penetrates your nostrils. In contrast to the forest, the cabin feels warm and cozy.

The inside of the cabin isn't much, and it's typically what you'd expect from a hunting lodge. There's a bed in the left corner, just next to the fireplace. Smoke trails from the smoldering logs, indicating that the fire has been disturbed only recently. On the wooden floor is an enormous bear skin rug, complete with head and paws.

On the other side of the fireplace sits a large green armchair. An untouched glass of whiskey rests on a small coffee table next to it. On said coffee table is also a gramophone player, emitting the song you're hearing.

Should you look to your right, you'll see an array of animal heads mounted to the wall. From larger creatures such as the elk, to smaller ones like rabbits and foxes.
    A hunting rifle hangs among them, centered like the showpiece of the collection. Whether it's actually loaded or not, you can't tell from here.

To your direct left is the source of the tomato soup scent; a large, black stove. On top of it sits an enormous red pan, which likely contains the substance you're detecting."

"Skylar,

You have acquired: Leather jacket

You don't hesitate a moment and take your chance to get out of the house as soon as you can.

As you open the door, raindrops fall onto you and a brisk night air welcomes you. It's cold outside, and you must be thankful for that leather jacket by now.
    Not only is it raining - in the distance, you can hear thunder rumbling, and after a few seconds, a lightning strike lights up the sky.

You find yourself on the front porch of the house you were in. It's very simple and suburban - a white deck with wooden fence, two chairs on the porch. In front of it is a neatly kept garden, with a perfectly trimmed hedge in front of it. A large tree stands at the edge of the garden.

Further ahead is a long street, illuminated by street lanterns that appear to be flickering occasionally.
    Their light isn't particularly bright, and only casts long cones of light onto the concrete road. The rest of the street goes hidden in darkness, but you can make out the faint silhouettes of other houses.

Ahead of you lies the suburban street. To your right you can see a large forest in the distance. To your left is another row of houses, which appear to lead towards some sort of factory.

You can also turn back into the suburban house."

"Zachary,

Truth be told, you're looking quite dapper.

The door complains loudly as you open it, its hinges rusty and worn out. Peeking through the gap, you see a long, grey corridor with several fluorescent tube lights attached to the ceiling. One of them is annoyingly flickering on and off.

At the very end of the corridor, there is a wall, and on said wall is a small, rectangular sign that glows green. Large white letters read out 'EXIT' with an arrow pointing to the right.

For a second, you feel uneasy. As if you were in a ship's hold. But the feeling passes quickly.

You can faintly hear the sounds of machinery, but there is something else as well... a low rumbling."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

“Huh” I feel the air escape my lips. I stare around in each direction. The outside was more accessible and liberating than I imagined. Somehow, I feel better simply from getting on this porch. What I see vaguely through the darkness looks so generic I can’t tell where I am. I drop the skeletal arm, finding how crazy I was from even taking it with me this far. I really need to find the police and report this.

Still whoever did this hasn’t been brave enough to show himself, and it angers me I can’t get him back immediately. But he was stupid to leave me in that room like that. I wasn’t going to be so weak to stand in fear in that room just because. Time to get going, hurry. I keep the leather jacket close to my body, this is all strange and I’m happy it’s over.

Of course because of the weather I see no one walking about. The thunder is a focusing sound that helps me get going. I run off the porch and straight to the street. If I wasn’t going to find anyone in public then I was going to get to the next closest house I can get to and knock on their door.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I watch the corridor for a few moments. Trying to pin down the source of the brief uneasy feeling; Be it a moving shadow or the design painted along the walls. Slipping through the door I pull it closed behind me and start down the corridor, my head tilted to listen to the machinery and while trying to locate the source of the rumbling.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looking inside the cabin, everything looks normal. The smell of soup drifts past my nostrils as I can hear the music more clearly.

'what it is ain't exactly clear...'

Never had I related more to a Buffalo Springfield song. I had no idea what was going on but it was definitely not normal. Nothing dangerous yet, but that window back in the small room. That had not been there when I first woke up. I hadn't seen a soul since I left that pace either. Granted, I had been in the middle of a forest, but I wasn't sure if that was even true.

I walk into the cabin. It isn't that big but it looks like someone was just here not too long ago. The food on the stove, the fire still crackling, the untouched glass of alcohol, it all just screams that I'm not alone. But I don't dare call out.

Look, call me boring, but I am not a heavy drinker and I've never tried drugs. I spend most of my nights in my apartment, playing a game, and avoiding people. I may share a beer or two with some friends, but never anything crazy and always before it gets late. I just...

I hate the idea of blacking out, so I purposefully avoid putting myself in situations which make that possible. And yet, here I am in this cabin with no idea how I got here. Something is happening and it is not a good thing. If I had been drugged, maybe that could explain the weird window in that room, but even then I'm still in danger. Someone would have had to drug me in the first place. I didn't want to call that person's attention to me with fucking abandon. I don't know about you, but I felt like that wasn't the smartest idea.

That's when I turn and see it. The rifle hanging in the middle of dozens of dead eyes. I can feel my survival-horror instincts kick in. I slowly walk towards the wall of trophies till I'm standing right in front of it. I don't take it just yet. Instead I look at it, trying to see if anything is connected to it, like a trip wire or something. At the same time, I look for any spare ammo laying around.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast