Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} The Rift • IC

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Skylar,

The area appears to be completely deserted. The houses are dark and unlit, traces of life long gone. As you wander the dark streets, the storm seems to increase. You can hear the thunder growing closer.

You knock on the doors of several homes, but there is only silence..."

"Zachary,

Moving through the corridor, you notice the sounds of machinery echoing from further down the corridor.

Once you reach the end, standing beneath the green-lit EXIT sign, you can clearly pin it down; the sound is coming from the left, down a large set of stairs. To the right you can see an emergency exit door.

The rumbling, however, appears to be ambient."

"Derill,

Your eyes scan for traps that have been rigged to the rifle, but you see none. The rifle only sits there,
    temptingly glinting in the sunlight coming through the windows.

You see no ammunition, either.

As you stand and watch the rifle, the Buffalo Springfield song appears to be coming to a close. As the last sounds fade out, it transitions into another:

'Every breath you take...'

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I…don’t know what to do. It’s dark, wet…this place is empty as if everyone was dead. But there were lights and power…I…I’m standing in front of one of the doors, a hand to my head. My skull aches, this just doesn’t make sense. This was a prank. This was a prank?

“Don’t stand here” I say out loud to myself. I sound judgmental. I step back from the door, following my own order. If I kept on my feet, I will find something eventually. Though I haven’t formed an idea I get back to walking down the sidewalk, trying to figure it out on my head. I’m on edge. This is uncomfortable. But I’m tough, I’ll make it happen.

This part of the town is deserted, and I don’t remember finding a phone on the wall. I don’t want to go into the other houses because the skeletons freaked me out too much. I decide I need to find some shelter in the woods. My skin tells me it’s cold and to go back in, but my insides…my gut can’t let go of the feeling of smooth bone in my hands.

Walking past the house I had come from, roughly guessing since they are so alike, I walk into the woods. I’m expecting them to be empty and I’m just focused on trekking in the woods at a power walking pace.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Reaching the end of the hallway my eyes are immediately drawn to the familiar looking exit sign, and before I catch myself I've already started that direction. Stopping I stand and listen; Considering the sound behind me and the rumbling, I chew on my lip. While the exit is incredibly appealing, my curiosity is demanding to be heard.

My various experiences in the gaming world tell me I need to explore the source of the machinery sound before I can escape. Logically I know I should just leave; But I find myself struggling to follow logic. I have no idea where I am, no idea what may be waiting outside. Exploration, after consideration, seems wiser.

Turning away from the exit door I head down the stairs moving slowly.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Somehow,

I managed to rip the darned thing from the wall, it's pretty heavy though, and I have to use both hands to hold it. Soon enough however, I wish I'd never bothered.

There's a hole there, which I should really be quite pleased about, a means of escape and all that. It's just a darned shame that something's covering the bloody thing. Good god does it look disgusting. It's like the type of shit you'd see in some gruesome horror film. Ugh, just. No.

... OH MY GOD IT'S BLEEDING TOO!

In a madd mush of fear and disgust all rolled into one, I throw the painting at the... thing.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Ughhh. I hate this song." I mutter.

I almost went to turn it off but froze. That wasn't a Buffalo Springfield song. But records always had just one artist on them. At least, the ones I knew did. Besides, who even listens to records anymore these days anyway? No. Something was definitely not right here.

On top of that, it was almost as if the songs had been speaking me. The first one drew my attention to the gun. Now this one was saying someone was watching me. That I belonged to someone and they were watching every step I took. What the fuck was going on??

I turn away from the music. I don't care what's going on. The fuck if I'm just gonna let it happen to me. I have no idea if there's ammo in this gun but, even if there isn't, it'll make a better club than the rake.

I reach forward to pick it up.

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Skylar,

The concrete turns to mud as you move into the forest. Crispy autumn leaves break beneath your feet with every step. The thunderstorm has reached its full potential now, the wind howling around you as the tall, thin trees sway back and forth. It's a miracle if you come out of this without a cold.

The forest appears endless, and as you wander its vast expense you seem to have gotten lost. The suburban neighborhood is nowhere to be seen, and you haven't a point of reference; only the endless trees.

Then suddenly, a flash of lightning. It's so bright and sudden that it blinds you, if only for a second.

When you open your eyes again, you almost can't believe what you're seeing.

The storm has passed. Silence is all around you. It is still dark, it is still night, but it's as if the storm never took place.

Instead, a low but thick fog hangs over the ground. It seems to spread all through the forest, reaching as far as you can see. And there, within the fog, you see a light. Flickering, briefly, then going out. It's not far."

"Zachary,

You leave the exit behind, deciding instead to follow after the sounds of machinery.

Descending from the stairs, you seem to have reached some sort of basement. It's appearance is dated, presumably built in the late 1800s, but you can see that the lights and machinery are modern.

Four enormous grey tanks produce the sound you've been hearing, buzzing and growling loudly. They appear generators, though their size is incredible. They're at least two times as tall as you are, and their width spans across several feet.

Further ahead, you can see an archway that leads to another part of the basement area. This is more wine-cellar like, with large wooden cabinets lining the walls. You can see a wooden door at the very end, an antique oil lamp resting on a barrel next to it.

Though it seems fairly old, the area appears to be maintained well. You can't detect a single cobweb,
    and the tanks are in pristine condition. Nowhere near rusted."

"Honey,

The painting swirls through the air and lands into the hole with one of its edges. You may have expected it to fall down after, but the painting appears to be... stuck.

Defying gravity, it sinks into the visceral thing. It consumes the painting whole, until its final edge disappears into the goo. After a few bone-chilling sounds of gnawing and rumbling, the hole mends itself and appears just as when you first saw it.

But for a second, in the brief gap the painting created, you swear you saw something. A silhouette, moving behind the mess. Something, or someone, was standing behind that transparent layer of flesh-colored goo."

"Derill,

You have acquired: Hunting rifle

'I'll be watching you.'

Your hand reaches for the rifle. For a second, from the corner of your eye, you see something flickering. But there's no lights in the cabin - was it the fireplace? No. Impossible. Fireplaces don't function like electric lights...

Ignoring the oddity, your hand wraps around the rifle.

You feel a sudden chill.

The music cuts, ending abruptly on a nerve-wrecking screech.
    You are engulfed in darkness.
    It doesn't take your eyes long to adjust, but once they do, you see that it has suddenly turned to night.
    Blue moonlight shines into the cabin, specks of dusts drifting in the beams of light. A thick fog seems to have spread into the cabin, obscuring the floor - and your feet - in total whiteness.

You hear a twig snap outside."

Sci-fi, modern fantasy, or anything fun.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Oh FUCK NO." I mutter, glancing at the door.

My mind goes into overdrive. Okay, so I am now ninety percent certain something unnatural is going on. Nothing human (with enough resources to pull something like what just happened off) would waste any time on me. So it was supernatural. Great. What now? I look down at the gun in my hands. Everything went to shit the moment I picked up the damn thing. I doubted putting it back would fix anything, but...

I glance over at the drink next to the chair then the pot on the stove. Someone lived here. This was someone's home and I had a feeling that that someone was right outside. If they saw the gun was gone, then they'd definitely know that I was there. There was still a chance that they didn't know yet though. That was what I was banking on.

I put the gun back in its place as quietly as I can. But what next? There weren't any other exits so I need a place to hide. Under the bed would provide the best cover, but I wouldn't be able to make any sort of quick escape. The arm chair was big, but it was probably the first place whoever was outside would go. I looked around frantically, panic starting to set in. Then it hit me.

With trusty rake in hand, I rush to the front door as quietly as I can. The door is still slightly ajar from when I first came inside and its hinges open inward. I move to stand against the wall on the side of the hinges. That way, if someone came inside, the door would conceal me till they were far enough into the room to let me escape.

I clutch at the rake like a teddy bear... And wait......

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I feel miserable. The wind sways my steps, the loud crackling of bowing bark shakes me. Moving forward feels as difficult as returning to the bodies I left behind. I’m soaked, sweaty, shivering, angry. What was I hoping for out here again? I keep looking, aimlessly. I’m desperate for something.

Light hits my eyes and I groan, sealing them tight from the sudden burst into my vision. This is too much, I’m disoriented and I want to scream in every direction.

“Damn…god…” I stress out loud, rubbing my eyes with wet palms. What am I going to do out here? “What!?” I stare to see the weather has entirely stopped. I’m sickened. My face feels hot and my jaw dropped open. The cold air stings the inside of my cheeks. I’m so confused. “Damn it! Damn it!” Running, I burst for the light. To me light equals life, the living. I run as hard as my sick body lets me. I tunnel vision on the light.

daddy
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

"Skylar,

You bolt towards the light, disregarding everything around you. You fail to see the cabin that looms up out of the mist, and before you know it you run head-first into a wooden door. The door swings open harshly.

Once you recover from your 'bump', you see that you are now in what appears to be a hunting cabin. The only source of light is the smoldering fireplace. Everything else is dimly lit by the moonlight coming in through the square windows."

"Derill,

You hide behind the door as quick as you can. Soon, you hear breathing, and footsteps are rapidly approaching.

Before you know it, something crashes into the door and swings it wide open. Like a ping-pong ball your forehead ricochets off the door, only to have the back of your head knock into the wall behind you."

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

My head throbs and I begin coughing after the impact that sends me to the floor. Even with things as they were I couldn’t help but find the fireplace a good sign and to be inside somewhere a sign of safety. My head falls against the ground. I rub my face on the floor, it feeds cathartic and through the pain I sigh.

Rolling face up, I close my eyes, undo the jacket I was wearing and collapse my arms wide on the ground. I’ll deal with the door in a minute, for now I just need a break.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast